• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 18, 2019, 11:37:14 AM
I'm sure the average TSA toad is aware of those facts.

I had a TSA type at San Jose airport take away a jar of pickled garlic I bought in Gilroy.  What was amusing was she placed the jar on the ledge of her little podium, as opposed to into the trash can in front of her with everything else they confiscated.
Hmmm...

Uncle Duke

If C2C had a "Most Delusional Caller" award, a guy who called last night would be in the running.  The guest was a phony baloney psychic who was doing "mini readings" for callers.  Our nominee started his call by telling the guest his mother died and he proposed to his wife on the same date as the Phoenix Lights, March 13.  He then said he was sure it was his Mom who created the lights over Phoenix to recognize the significance of the date. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2019, 10:02:10 AM
If C2C had a "Most Delusional Caller" award, a guy who called last night would be in the running.  The guest was a phony baloney psychic who was doing "mini readings" for callers.  Our nominee started his call by telling the guest his mother died and he proposed to his wife on the same date as the Phoenix Lights, March 13.  He then said he was sure it was his Mom who created the lights over Phoenix to recognize the significance of the date.
This could be an interesting C2C show. There are a slew of candidates over the decades. Norry doesn't like live shows or callers- and likes replays so this could be a win-win. He could check out early and get Tommie or other minion to compile a list of the decades of crazy callers. 

Last night we also learned that some babies are born with sparkles on them. Norry missed an opportunity to wonder if said babies "become mean" once the sparkles disappear, we know from previous shows that if you kick babies they can become mean.  I wondered if maybe father-to-be had been visiting a strip club when he was called in for the birth- that could explain the glitter.  The "mini-reading" guy also had a new twist in the scam- he is dyslexic psychic that can explain some mistakes. Almost as good an excuse as "quantum" for lack of ability to predict accurately dates and locations!  ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on March 19, 2019, 06:24:48 PM
This could be an interesting C2C show. There are a slew of candidates over the decades. Norry doesn't like live shows or callers- and likes replays so this could be a win-win. He could check out early and get Tommie or other minion to compile a list of the decades of crazy callers. 

Last night we also learned that some babies are born with sparkles on them. Norry missed an opportunity to wonder if said babies "become mean" once the sparkles disappear, we know from previous shows that if you kick babies they can become mean.  I wondered if maybe father-to-be had been visiting a strip club when he was called in for the birth- that could explain the glitter.  The "mini-reading" guy also had a new twist in the scam- he is dyslexic psychic that can explain some mistakes. Almost as good an excuse as "quantum" for lack of ability to predict accurately dates and locations!  ;)

As cold readers go, he was better than average.  Very smooth in his back-up from more specific to general notions.  And yes, the dyslexia was a nice touch.  Made the difference between 12 and 21 years sound more acceptable.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2019, 07:10:38 PM
Aa cold readers go, he was better than average.  Very smooth in this back-up from more specific to general notions.  And yes, the dyslexia was a nice touch.  Made the difference between 12 and 21 years sound more acceptable.
It is a skill, of sorts. I don't like them scamming people but, I guess, if they give someone comfort for a small- I mean small- fee, I guess ok?  Skill reminds me of certain police, military, and lawyers. There is a psychology and method behind cold-reading, interviewing a subject, a depo, general negotiation, sales, etc and adjustments made on the fly based on responses and desired outcome. Some great stuff written (and now youtubes) from hostage negotiators etc on such also that are interesting. A problem is, that if one is effective and the balance of power (which it almost always is) is unbalanced a trained interrogator can get almost anything from a subject at some point. I'm not talking torture but interviews, etc so important to train oneself also to avoid this because the information you gain might be incorrect or compromised. Or deal settled upon will be reneged on. It is nuts but there are people everyday who "confess" to stuff (though this is also an issue with regard to plea-bargaining and perceptions/reality of the system.) Goodness, I'm almost sound like some bleeding heart liberal now. Dang it.

Jojo

GNS straight out of the toilet.  Takes the Renovo Life Straw filter challenge.  Why not? replied George.  He added, "GNS, so this is just very apropro.  I don't believe in coincidences, but the suckage down this drain is the same as the suckage in my brain! Do you think I should sit on my head when I go?"

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on March 19, 2019, 07:24:21 PM
It is a skill, of sorts. I don't like them scamming people but, I guess, if they give someone comfort for a small- I mean small- fee, I guess ok?  Skill reminds me of certain police, military, and lawyers. There is a psychology and method behind cold-reading, interviewing a subject, a depo, general negotiation, sales, etc and adjustments made on the fly based on responses and desired outcome. Some great stuff written (and now youtubes) from hostage negotiators etc on such also that are interesting. A problem is, that if one is effective and the balance of power (which it almost always is) is unbalanced a trained interrogator can get almost anything from a subject at some point. I'm not talking torture but interviews, etc so important to train oneself also to avoid this because the information you gain might be incorrect or compromised. Or deal settled upon will be reneged on. It is nuts but there are people everyday who "confess" to stuff (though this is also an issue with regard to plea-bargaining and perceptions/reality of the system.) Goodness, I'm almost sound like some bleeding heart liberal now. Dang it.
This is very true, that certain professionals merely "work" clinical or legal conversations just to suit their purposes.  It astounds me when professionals ask a question, the answer to which should be outlined in a report, and then they just go with whatever you say on the fly to suit their own purposes.  They ask for a sound bite, when they know the problem requires a list or is complex.

I have found that when someone does that to you, treats your info as narrow when it's very complex, the following are good replies:  "Which one?",  "What month?",  "Do you mean in the early part of the day or late in the day?",  "Before I saw you or after treatment started?", or "Which part?".  That way, you pin them down on what they are asking so accuracy will be retained.  And to bring 2 copies of your own list(s) or outlines.

Some professionals are deliberately cavalier, vague, dismissive, inattentive, or frankly misleading & manipulative.  That really is a good reason why it helps to have a good attorney or politician-type whenever you might need one.  They can see if the other side is leading you down a path that sounds fine, but in reality is a set up.  We joke about attorneys and politicians, but...

albrecht

Quote from: 14 on March 24, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
This is very true, that certain professionals merely "work" clinical or legal conversations just to suit their purposes.  It astounds me when professionals ask a question, the answer to which should be outlined in a report, and then they just go with whatever you say on the fly to suit their own purposes.  They ask for a sound bite, when they know the problem requires a list or is complex.

I have found that when someone does that to you, treats your info as narrow when it's very complex, the following are good replies:  "Which one?",  "What month?",  "Do you mean in the early part of the day or late in the day?",  "Before I saw you or after treatment started?", or "Which part?".  That way, you pin them down on what they are asking so accuracy will be retained.  And to bring 2 copies of your own list(s) or outlines.

Some professionals are deliberately cavalier, vague, dismissive, inattentive, or frankly misleading & manipulative.  That really is a good reason why it helps to have a good attorney or politician-type whenever you might need one.  They can see if the other side is leading you down a path that sounds fine, but in reality is a set up.  We joke about attorneys and politicians, but...
I don't joke, much, about lawyers. The system we are in sometimes they are very useful. On the criminal side of things this is a great lecture and worth a watch. But also lots of use in business and on the civil side for lawyers, maybe unfortunately.  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on March 24, 2019, 05:32:41 PM
I don't joke, much, about lawyers. The system we are in sometimes they are very useful. On the criminal side of things this is a great lecture and worth a watch. But also lots of use in business and on the civil side for lawyers, maybe unfortunately.  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE
Thank you for a fantastic reminder.  People need to know these things.  Never admit your part, because the real criminal won't, and your remarks will be taken out of context.  Thank goodness this guy talks fast - so much material is covered.  I'm going to have to finish it later though.  It's a shame the things he says are true.  It should be illegal to pervert justice with semantics and appearances.

Often, we are raised to talk from the perspective of being accountable for our mistakes.  But such openness is not advised when cops are looking to arrest someone.  It always bothers me when a woman is convicted of sudden, severe assault of her husband, when it is plain and clear she was abused by him for years and just snapped.

Quote from: 14 on March 24, 2019, 06:44:23 PM
Often, we are raised to talk from the perspective of being accountable for our mistakes.  But such openness is not advised when cops are looking to arrest someone. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4PPjladbsg

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 25, 2019, 12:53:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4PPjladbsg
Well, terrorists should tell all.  After all, most are on a moral mission so they have a duty to spread the word about their cause.

Gunner65

George Noory once acknowledged Douglas Duane Dietrich and now promotes Randy A. Cramer.  George Noory is either promoting Cramer,  is a liar himself or he is perpetuating a lie.  Noory asked good questions.  But I sensed they both had rehearsed the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77E02vBAU_E

Gunner65

I am not a long time listener to Noory or C2C but I suspect that Noory knows Cramer is lying.  Especially about being a US Marine Officer.  Cramers "testimony" which he claims is sanctioned/allowed by a Brig, Gen. "SMITH" is total bullshit.

Preliminary research shows Cramer was not a US Marine.

Gunner65

Hey you plastic, Satanic Playmobil piece of of shit "Jackster Crowley" - I know your worst fears:  Duct-tape, super-glue, puppies, power drills, and fire-crackers.   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWlNGtsoGqE

Jojo

Quote from: Gunner65 on March 26, 2019, 04:51:13 AM
Hey you plastic, Satanic Playmobil piece  of  of shit "Jackster Crowley" - I know your worst fears:  Duct-tape, super-glue, puppies, power drills, and fire-crackers.   ;D

FIFY.  Jackstar is my best editor ever, and I doubt he's Satanic.  It's never too late to repent, in any case.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Gunner65 on March 26, 2019, 12:44:35 AM
I am not a long time listener to Noory or C2C but I suspect that Noory knows Cramer is lying.  Especially about being a US Marine Officer.  Cramers "testimony" which he claims is sanctioned/allowed by a Brig, Gen. "SMITH" is total bullshit.

Preliminary research shows Cramer was not a US Marine.

If George/C2C had to preclude every potential guest who is a liar and/or delusional, they would have to close up shop.

As for Cramer, I'm surprised, even disappointed, a few Marines haven't paid him a visit to emphatically make the point stolen valor wannabes do not meet with their appoval.  I'm thinking blanket party.

GolfGuy

Linda Moulton Howe will no longer be a guest on C2Cam:
Because of other career commitments, including work on her autobiography, Linda Moulton Howe will no longer be presenting her monthly reports on Coast to Coast AM. "Thank you," Linda wrote to George Noory, "for the monthly air time" (dating back to 2003 with George, and 1991 with Art Bell). "Those 28 years have been a privilege for me to broadcast my Earthfiles science, environment and Real X-Files news...Cheers to more light and truth everywhere!"

We thank Linda for her outstanding contributions to Coast over the years, and wish her the best in all future endeavors.
coasttocoastam.com
Linda Moulton Howe Announcement - Coast to Coast AM
Because of other career commitments, Linda Moulton Howe will no longer...

ItsOver

Quote from: GolfGuy on March 28, 2019, 06:52:29 AM
Because of other career commitments, including work on her autobiography, Linda Moulton Howe will no longer be presenting her monthly reports on Coast to Coast AM. "Thank you," Linda wrote to George Noory, "for the monthly air time" (dating back to 2003 with George, and 1991 with Art Bell). "Those 28 years have been a privilege for me to broadcast my Earthfiles science, environment and Real X-Files news...Cheers to more light and truth everywhere!"

We thank Linda for her outstanding contributions to Coast over the years, and wish her the best in all future endeavors.
coasttocoastam.com
Because of other career commitments, Linda Moulton Howe will no longer…

"She's winding down, folks..."

Uncle Duke

coasttocoastam.com

Seems odd she would announce this in writing as opposed to making a last C2C appearance to reminisce and say goodbye to George and all her "fans." Wonder what the real story is? Is it possible George finally got embarrassed by LMH's poor investigative work and silly claims? 

Lilith

coasttocoastam.com

That's WONDERFUL news.  Senda will be so sad.