• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RandomCast - A Podcast

Started by heater, November 27, 2016, 08:46:17 PM

WhiteCrow

I like it when the random cast is random.  We could always discuss current market trends when in doubt.

Nothing like a good financial planning session every now and again.

I have to go serve coffee now.

Love ALL

damon

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 25, 2017, 09:50:20 AM
I like it when the random cast is random.  We could always discuss current market trends when in doubt.

Nothing like a good financial planning session every now and again.

I have to go serve coffee now.

Love ALL
I hope that you can call in and "give your two cents" too.
Friendship WhiteCrow.

heater

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 25, 2017, 08:27:37 AM
No, I think the mudking should keep his show the way it is. It is working for him. I might call in sometime but that is unlikely as I am rarely up any later than 9PM EST. I work early.

PBS you are welcome to call in or host anytime.  that is the point of this show.  it has no point or plan other than what the co-hosts and guests bring to it.  I try to be a facilitator of conversation vs creator of conversation when it works right. 

Unfocused Podcasting, it's a live talk experiment.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: themudking on August 25, 2017, 10:59:52 AM
PBS you are welcome to call in or host anytime.  that is the point of this show.  it has no point or plan other than what the co-hosts and guests bring to it.  I try to be a facilitator of conversation vs creator of conversation when it works right. 

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Keep up the good work.  ;D

damon

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 25, 2017, 11:17:30 AM
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Keep up the good work.  ;D
PBS, the randomcast is a cool show.

Quote from: themudking on August 25, 2017, 10:59:52 AM

never know...
there was a show on television "about nothing"
and "Seinfeld" turned out quite successful !

Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are worth what ?
like 800 MILLION EACH NOW ?

*get a George (I know one), Kramer and Elaine on board and watch the $$$ flow in

it would be the old days before TV...when those popular radio shows crossed over to TV and became YUGE HITS !

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on August 25, 2017, 12:30:56 PM
never know...

*get a George (I know one), Kramer and Elaine on board and watch the $$$ flow in

it would be the old days before TV...when those popular radio shows crossed over to TV and became YUGE HITS !

heater

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on August 25, 2017, 12:30:56 PM
never know...

you may be on to something.  Talk to WhiteCrow he is my manager

pyewacket

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 24, 2017, 01:00:00 PM

Thanks. This has caused me problems with other potential hosts too. They want stuff scripted out and bits planned. I don't get it.

Really? I'm not a fan of the boiler plate -'cue card' type of interviews a certain radio host employs. It makes for a boring show and impedes the guest or caller from making their point and telling their story. 

A little fun with with the intro or show exit doesn't and shouldn't interfere with the actual show content- I enjoy some creative expression, but maybe it is out of vogue now with our increasingly humorless, PC culture.

Also I had a few people tell me what topics I could talk about and what ones were too much. So hence I call in to shows occasionally if I am awake otherwise I just don't bother.

You actually had someone dictate what you could or could not talk about? I think it is important for potential co hosts to discuss what topics they may or may not feel comfortable with and be up front and honest about it. That is common courtesy and an indicator if you are compatible for an on air project.

Besides if a person is that much of a rigid dictator- why even consider doing a show with them? PB- I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities come your way and I hope you find just the right gig.  :)

Jackstar

Also I had a few people tell me what topics I could talk about and what ones were too much.

Jews Irish.

chefist

Fight version still on for tonight?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 26, 2017, 01:48:48 PM
Fight version still on for tonight?

Will there be ice cream and popcorn?

heater

Yes we are on!  I am at the Zion right now and may not be back right at 9 Eastern but will be back in time for the Mayweather fight for sure

chefist

Quote from: themudking on August 26, 2017, 04:21:26 PM
Yes we are on!  I am at the Zion right now and may not be back right at 9 Eastern but will be back in time for the Mayweather fight for sure

All of the pre-main event fights and pre-show are free on Fox. FYI.

aldousburbank

Somebody's fighting? Why can't everybody just get along?

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 26, 2017, 04:48:26 PM
Somebody's fighting? Why can't everybody just get along?
Yeah, Aldous!  +1.

I hope you join in tonight.  Maybe you can get those two fighters to kiss and make up. :-* ;D

chefist

Also...if you find a stream...please share. Thanks.

SergeantMajor

Hey all,

Where is the chat at? Http://paranormal.chat doesn't work for me

chefist

Quote from: SergeantMajor on August 26, 2017, 06:16:54 PM
Hey all,

Where is the chat at? Http://paranormal.chat doesn't work for me

ufoship.com maybe? We're all on the same network now.

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on August 26, 2017, 04:56:05 PM
Also...if you find a stream...please share. Thanks.
The live link I just posted, stopped.  Here are a couple more but I don't know how long they will last.  I read earlier that FOX is carrying the fight on live stream for free.  Haven't found it yet though.

https://youtu.be/ojWp7v2Q61k

https://youtu.be/uJrLWrCVhCE

https://youtu.be/ZtQz6keFrQU

Here's a list with more live links in it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mcgregor+mayweather+fight+live+stream

heater

Quote from: themudking on August 26, 2017, 04:21:26 PM

Zion...lol how about zoo

chefist

Quote from: themudking on August 26, 2017, 06:29:04 PM
Zion...lol how about zoo

I thought you were kickin it with Morpheus...

chefist

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 26, 2017, 06:25:31 PM
The live link I just posted, stopped.  Here are a couple more but I don't know how long they will last.  I read earlier that FOX is carrying the fight on live stream for free.  Haven't found it yet though.

Here's a list with more live links in it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mcgregor+mayweather+fight+live+stream

Thanks, Starr...gonna be hard finding one that stays up...no pun intended...

I'm watching this fight right now to get a base of reference...amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7BtibY7cns

WhiteCrow

Quote from: themudking on August 25, 2017, 01:29:31 PM
you may be on to something.  Talk to WhiteCrow he is my manager

Pitch away.. we'll consider all ideas.
Curtis has a family to feed!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 26, 2017, 06:43:19 PM
Pitch away.. we'll consider all ideas.
Curtis has a family to feed!

You'll just ruin it by trying to guarantee gender equity or some such SJW issue.  ::)