• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Disgusting FOOD that you eat anyway!

Started by Swishypants, November 03, 2017, 06:38:10 AM

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on November 04, 2017, 11:59:51 AM
I am a yank, but I keep trying to recreate a Full English breakfast. Sometimes I drink a bit too much, and the morning after I feel like hell. Fatty, greasy breakfast fixes me right up. I live in Nebraska, and I can't find any restaurant that even comes close to a legit Full English. You folks hit the nail on the head with that meal.

Hey.  I'm with you.  A good old English fry up is something I could have any day of the week.  Years ago it was a weekend staple in my home, whenever I had one of those days off.   ;)  8)

ShayP

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 07:54:51 PM
Rodger that. It seems like the inspiration for SPAM and I don't mind SPAM at all.

Ya know... I didn't have SPAM for a long time.  I had a bug up my ass recently to get some.  Ugh!  The saltiness was overwhelming.  :P  Nothing like I remembered.   :(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 07:54:51 PM
Rodger that. It seems like the inspiration for SPAM and I don't mind SPAM at all.

That's because you are spam.

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on November 04, 2017, 07:58:57 PM
Ya know... I didn't have SPAM for a long time.  I had a bug up my ass recently to get some.  Ugh!  The saltiness was overwhelming.  :P  Nothing like I remembered.   :(

Yeah, I believe you are right. I liked it fried up and with eggs as a kid on occasion (Grandpa would make it at the fishing cabin every morning at 4:30 AM before we headed out on the lake). I've had a few tins since and every time it seems more salty. Perhaps it's age on my part. I eat it so infrequently that I can not say for sure if it's the potted meat or me. You know who eats a lot of it? The Japanese. An influence from the post-WWII occupation, but they have elevated it to an art-form from what I hear.

Quote from: ShayP on November 04, 2017, 07:50:06 PM
I'm gonna make it!  :D  It has been quite a while.  ;)  Thanks!  8)

I think I'm in as well...........

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2017, 08:16:10 PM
That's because you are spam.

"Salty" is actually an old Cowboy term. It used to mean "tough motherfucker" as a reference to the white salt stains one gets when working hard. Nowadays it means to cry like a little bitch. You're a very modern sort of guy MD, but you probably think it's a computer term. Right? ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 08:39:06 PM
"Salty" is actually an old Cowboy term. It used to mean "tough motherfucker" as a reference to the white salt stains one gets when working hard. Nowadays it means to cry like a little bitch. You're a very modern sort of guy MD, but you probably think it's a computer term. Right? ;)

I didn't call you salty though. That's just something you pretend to be on Bellgab. I said you're spam.

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2017, 09:05:11 PM
I didn't call you salty though. That's just something you pretend to be on Bellgab. I said you're spam.

Transference in alliteration is something you learn outside the trailer park. Might be time to pull a "Down and Out in Beverly Hills." 

https://youtu.be/kvg_CME6uIA

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on November 04, 2017, 07:58:57 PM
I still like it (but I like salt) but infrequently. Did you eat it "raw" or fry it? In a sandwich or with eggs? We used to have a festival called SPAMARAMA and people would make different recipes, "art," games (like carving contest) etc from SPAM. A hippie Austin thing. Until Hormel got involved in some capacity and wrote letters to take over, or partner with festival. Rumor was corporate, initially, thought it was a festival in Austin (Minnesota) where Hormel is from and praising the food-product and not Austin (TX) where it was more of a joke about SPAM. No more festival.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamarama

Swishypants

I'm having an ice cold Hamm's in a chilled glass Beer Stein. God damnit! It's snappy! Deeeeelicious!

https://youtu.be/1yHsoW6CTjM

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 10:21:10 PM
I'm having an ice cold Hamm's in a chilled glass Beer Stein. God damnit! It's snappy! Deeeeelicious!

Pump up the volume for this one then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yHsoW6CTjM

Swishypants

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Look above! I was watching it as the same time as you were! This is the best old-school mass production beer there was! Perfect with a charcoal grilled T-Bone steak! Country Club Beer! I need to shine my Wilson Clubs! 1953 Wilson Dyna-Weights! The Best Jerry! The BEST! I'm going to have two of these bitches! Fuck it!

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 10:35:18 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Look above! I was watching it as the same time as you were! This is the best old-school mass production beer there was! Perfect with a charcoal grilled T-Bone steak! Country Club Beer! I need to shine my Wilson Clubs! 1953 Wilson Dyna-Weights! The Best Jerry! The BEST! I'm going to have two of these bitches! Fuck it!

That is pretty funny......   I wish I kept my old clubs   :'(

Swishypants

Full bodied! Holds a head out of a can! This is the legitimate article! Dimpled Glass Chilled Beer Stein mandatory!

Swishypants

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 04, 2017, 10:46:20 PM
That is pretty funny......   I wish I kept my old clubs   :'(

The Dyna-Weights were the crème de la crème back in the time when Golf was an art, not a bicep contest! If you can play with them today, you can whip anyones ass on the green! "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." I've had them lovingly re-gripped, ground, chromed, and polished. They sit in the original leather and white duck canvas bag. Linseed oil imbued leather.   

Uncle Duke

Mrs Duke's tuna casserole.  The woman is an amazing cook, was even the editor of a cooking magazine at one time, but that tuna casserole is revolting.  Thankfully, Texas Pete Hot Sauce makes it tolerable.

Swishypants

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 04, 2017, 11:03:37 PM
Mrs Duke's tuna casserole.  The woman is an amazing cook, was even the editor of a cooking magazine at one time, but that tuna casserole is revolting.  Thankly, Texas Pete Hot Sauce makes it tolerable.

Is it the shit with the cream of mushroom soup, peas, pepper and Ruffles? :)

Swishypants

Dare I go fro three? Whooo-boy! Succulent! (My inner swamp-runnin', trappin', shootin, drinkin', fightin' Coonass is bout ta' come out!)

https://youtu.be/VZ5bS3_BCDs

Where is my little black book of single mothers?

Swishypants

One last Hamm's! Uhura!!! Where are you? You sexy old black titty-monstah!? I wanna' wrek dat sheyat! I will polish my sabre and get a running start from across the room!!!

https://youtu.be/nU1VfYYKMDk

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 04, 2017, 08:59:14 AM
I miss proper bacon....  :(  the stringy (called streaky bacon) excuse that is laughingly called bacon in the US is appalling.
Eat it, Pud.

Quote from: ShayP on November 04, 2017, 07:45:12 PM
No I have not.  I've seen it on just a few menus here but never tried it.  I take it that I should?  ;)  :)
Yes! In my opinion, the best mondongo is the Dominican one, but other Latin countries have their version of it. You could even try making it at home if you get a recipe from the internet.  ;)

Swishypants

Runaway Train with the Hamm's. 6 dead Indians! Been a long time!  ;D