• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: nbirnes on June 25, 2015, 12:55:00 AM
How about a tiny clue?

Yes: I can't believe I'm wrong, nor that no one else has happened upon the same angle of research I did.

Daggit

I am guessing Whitley is the host. Mostly because Art has a very close relationship with him. In addition he passed Dreamland on to him.

Morgus

I recommend trying to get Keith Rowland on a gabcast for a live interview in the near future to ask questions about The Other Side of Midnight show and other stuff like adding other payment options for the DM subscriptions beyond paypal?
Bellgabbers can submit questions for Keith in advance.

Paradox

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 25, 2015, 01:37:52 AM
I am guessing Whitley is the host. Mostly because Art has a very close relationship with him. In addition he passed Dreamland on to him.
Can't imagine.  He has an invalid wife to care for now.  I don't think he could spare the time at that time of the night.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 25, 2015, 12:16:24 AM
Whats that one lady talk show host doing? Rollye James? The one who used to fill in for Art occasionally and used to have her own show? She was an exquisite talk show host but I haven't heard her name in a long time but she'd be a great host and someone we're not thinking of who'd make complete sense. Although she's probably too talented and experienced to do a wrap up show.

Maybe Keith Rowland is doing it himself?
Rollye is still doing a show, only once a week. You can listen here: www.rollye.net. Friday night for 2 hours. She also now owns two radio stations, KQSS and KJAA outside of Phoenix. And yes, Rollye is awesome, but it isn't her.

jjsmooth

Quote from: Juan on June 25, 2015, 04:51:47 AM
Maybe it's George.

That would be a major coup if Art could steal away Noory from C2C.

RoseGirl

What if there's no host? Huh...did ya think of that? Maybe Art could just set up an answering machine....you'd phone in, hear a beep and leave your message. And we'd all listen live. It could be replayed the next day on baby monitors.

Dateline

I think it may be John Wells.  Micah Hanks?  Jim Harold?

phrodo

Why would anybody subscribe to a show that there is no information about?

Wintermute

A podcast about a podcast... talk about whipping a dead horse before the horse is even born. First thing's first, lets see how Art Bell does. Then lets see what this whole after-show is about.

nbirnes

Quote from: Wintermute on June 25, 2015, 02:06:50 PM
A podcast about a podcast... talk about whipping a dead horse before the horse is even born. First thing's first, lets see how Art Bell does. Then lets see what this whole after-show is about.

You so silly. No matter what, we will want to talk about it. The more I hear about this new show, the more confident I am that Bella-Haven has a place in the world, even if it's not on the DMDN stream.

At 3 a.m. EST after Art's show, it would be nice to chat a bit with like-minded citizens of the night. No agenda, no prejudice, no holds. No charge, either, unless we earn that privilege.

Wintermute

Quote from: nbirnes on June 25, 2015, 02:12:51 PM
You so silly. No matter what, we will want to talk about it. The more I hear about this new show, the more confident I am that Bella-Haven has a place in the world, even if it's not on the DMDN stream.

At 3 a.m. EST after Art's show, it would be nice to chat a bit with like-minded citizens of the night. No agenda, no prejudice, no holds. No charge, either, unless we earn that privilege.

Do a Google Hangout, Reddit AMA, or an IRC channel instead of another podcast if folks want to be social. Have Art's guest be the featured member for an hour. I just don't see podcasts being incredibly social mechanisms w/o some sort of social network attached.

nbirnes

Quote from: Wintermute on June 25, 2015, 02:18:18 PM

Do a Google Hangout, Reddit AMA, or an IRC channel instead of another podcast if folks want to be social. Have Art's guest be the featured member for an hour. I just don't see podcasts being incredibly social mechanisms w/o some sort of social network attached.

Definitely an IRC channel. Also, when there's not a fresh MITD to talk about, I'm thinking we could announce and run another host's show for some group assessment. I do think it's time for that kind of structure in the podcast universe. 3-5 a.m. is so underserved. For RoseGirl, it's midnight till 2 am, which is still late enough for some serious chat in the West.

Morgus

Quote from: ASC on June 25, 2015, 04:12:28 PM
Keith responded saying he can't say yet.

so there's that.
Might be one of the "big surprises to come" that Art Bell has referred to recently?

Art_s Farts

It is not one host but two.

"The Two Jimmy Chu's Other Side of Midnight" with your pals Jimmy Church and Jimmy Chunga

BobGrau

Quote from: Jackstar on June 25, 2015, 12:56:26 AM
Yes: I can't believe I'm wrong, nor that no one else has happened upon the same angle of research I did.

19.5?

BobGrau

I suspect part of the reason for the aftershow is that Art could then run MITD longer if the mood takes him.

zeebo

Quote from: Art_s Farts on June 25, 2015, 05:10:19 PM
It is not one host but two.

"The Two Jimmy Chu's Other Side of Midnight" with your pals Jimmy Church and Jimmy Chunga

Yep tune in if ya wanna get "Chunga'd n' Churched".

... The more I hear about this new show, the more confident I am that Bella-Haven has a place in the world..

Possible bumper music..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpXNIvo-_Uw

Jackstar

so there's that.

The lack of cogent speculation in this thread leads me to believe that anyone who has figured it out is unwilling to announce it.

PathoJen

But when will you sleep!?

PathoJen

so there's that.
I'm sure it's "You know who" that will be hosting.  :P