• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on October 23, 2010, 08:59:38 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on October 23, 2010, 08:49:54 PM
i hate nice

I agree; nice people irritate me.
this reminds me... did you guys ever see the south park episode about mormons?

this is my second mention of mormons in as many days.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on October 23, 2010, 07:52:32 PM
They're part of the other half, who think Noory is "nice," and the other guys are jerks.
that's so tiresome.

analog kid

Quote from: MV on October 24, 2010, 03:52:21 AM
i hate nice

They weren't too kind there, but Mormonism lends itself to ridicule. If you believe your doctrine came from a magic hat then you'll pretty much believe anything.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on October 24, 2010, 07:25:31 AM
i hate nice

They weren't too kind there, but Mormonism lends itself to ridicule. If you believe your doctrine came from a magic hat then you'll pretty much believe anything.
South Park And The Mormons

b_dubb

mormonism - old fashioned church of scientology

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 24, 2010, 11:16:59 AM
haha!  yeah, that's about how i see them.  then again, their beliefs are about as difficult to swallow as those of nearly any other religion... soooo... who knows.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2010, 05:04:19 PM
...i wish art would sever his relationship with premiere and go do his own thing.  let snoory sleep in the bed he's made for himself. 

From your text, to Gods ears...

punkinpie

i hate nice

Have you been watching Sister Wives or something?   ;D

EvB

QuoteHave you been watching Sister Wives or something?   ;D                                                                                                                                                               

I got interested in both Sister Wives and Big Love (the second is a fictional account of a family like that in Sister Wives - it will go into it's 5th season in January - and frankly - it's a bit creepy.  I got the vids and just watched them until i was brain numb!)

That said - I feel an obligation to my LDS friends to mention that the people in Sister Wives - as well as most of the characters in Big Love are not "Mormon" in the mainstream sense.

If anyone cares ;-)

EvB

Quote from: MV on October 24, 2010, 11:39:07 AM
Quote from: b_dubb on October 24, 2010, 11:16:59 AM
haha!  yeah, that's about how i see them.  then again, their beliefs are about as difficult to swallow as those of nearly any other religion... soooo... who knows.

I never thought about it before - but it really kinda IS! 

punkinpie

EvB, I've been obsessed with those two shows!  I saw in one of the tabloids that two of Kody's wives are unhappy and thinking about leaving  (Janelle and Christine)  because it's all about him.  DUH!  The culture fascinates me.  If you like those two, there is a great book about Momonism called Secret Ceremonies by Deborah Laake.  (Her last name has two AAs)  She was married in the mainstream Mormon church and tells about the ceremonies and traditions.  It was so good that 15 years later I still remember her name.  :)

EvB

Thanks for the tip, Punkinpie - I'll look into it!

valdez

The ever subdued Brendan Cook and Barbara McBeath of the GIS with their EVP's.  Some of it is pretty creepy, and some of it not so much.  Art denied smoking crack, but admitted to not being able to shake the nicotine.  "I'm hooked," he said.  Yeah, me too.

Last night seemed like a mix of a new show and the last time they were on. Kinda annoying they didn't realize they were covering old ground.

valdez

Quote from: b_dubb on November 01, 2010, 02:50:21 AM
Ghost to Ghost and no one's posting? Dude!  Its Art!  ARRRRTTTTT!!!!!!
Agreed.  Although I think the quality of the stories are better when they are submitted to Art in advance and he chooses which ones will air, I did like the "emaciated guy on a pole doing a shaman dance", and the "dead rich guy who wanted his family to fight for the money".  I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.  A guy called in from the "kingdom of Nye".  I'll bet Art misses the desert.

Quote from: valdez on April 10, 2010, 04:48:24 AM
     I'm not one to start threads frivolously, but there was no thread to cover any and all comments on Art.  There are a bunch that are very specific to one show, or his cats, or his wife and kid, or streaming something or other, or his taste in shoes, but no place where a guy can go and just comment on the Master, whenever he surfaces, from where ever he may be...

I really enjoyed Art and was the creator and leader in the Art Bell Listeners Group here in Las Vegas.  When he has his guest  host appearances I really enjoy it :)  I enjoy all the hosts, but Art is my favorite!

Don

valdez

Quote from: vegasexcitement on November 02, 2010, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: valdez on April 10, 2010, 04:48:24 AM
     I'm not one to start threads frivolously, but there was no thread to cover any and all comments on Art.  There are a bunch that are very specific to one show, or his cats, or his wife and kid, or streaming something or other, or his taste in shoes, but no place where a guy can go and just comment on the Master, whenever he surfaces, from where ever he may be...

I really enjoyed Art and was the creator and leader in the Art Bell Listeners Group here in Las Vegas.  When he has his guest  host appearances I really enjoy it :)  I enjoy all the hosts, but Art is my favorite!

Don
Welcome aboard.  All these worlds are yours except for Europa.  Don't forget the twinkies.

EvB

QuoteAll these worlds are yours except for Europa.

Yes - Europa is MINE, all MINE!

And, welcome vegaqsexcitement!

Vanhalla

Is there any way get in touch with Art?

SnapT

Quote from: Vanhalla on November 05, 2010, 03:02:26 PM
Is there any way get in touch with Art?
artbell@mindspring.com is the E-Mail address he's given on the show recently.

Vanhalla

Quote from: punkinpie on October 26, 2010, 05:22:53 PM
i hate nice

Have you been watching Sister Wives or something?   ;D

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta

EvB

haha! Great job Valdez!

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 12, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
I stopped the cigarettes because and only because it was impeding my cannabis intake. This was happening because my wife would complain, usually after a bong rip, that I smelled like cigarettes. (Cigarettes aren't allowed in the house, weed is.)

No more complaining here. Just bong hits.

My ex and myself had a very similar problem. I smoke Camel menthol wides, and Camels have a very distinct odor, so I understood. Although it was always weird that she had no problem with the smell of her Virginia Slim menthols lol...I was relegated to balcony cigarette smoking, but I got to pick our medical marijuana lol, and she hated Sour Diesel. For some reason, Sour D was my fav lol.

Quote from: valdez on November 23, 2010, 05:25:56 PM
     More time on my hands... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6k4WsNLGU

ok... does anyone know if liquid B vitamins are harmful to the sinus.... cuz i think i just hosed half a can of Red Bull out of my nose while watching that vid.... not to mention the functional incontinence that seems to have happened at the same time...

lucky me. 8)

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on November 23, 2010, 08:53:00 PM
My ex and myself had a very similar problem. I smoke Camel menthol wides, and Camels have a very distinct odor, so I understood. Although it was always weird that she had no problem with the smell of her Virginia Slim menthols lol...I was relegated to balcony cigarette smoking, but I got to pick our medical marijuana lol, and she hated Sour Diesel. For some reason, Sour D was my fav lol.

She, "I'm not going to just stand by and watch you smoke yourself to death and intend to remind you of that every day until you quit!"
He, " And you think doing so will actually help?" <cow stare>

I stopped the cigarettes because and only because it was impeding my cannabis intake. This was happening because my wife would complain, usually after a bong rip, that I smelled like cigarettes. (Cigarettes aren't allowed in the house, weed is.)

It's funny, a lot of people don't like sour diesel because it can be a little edgy, it's about 80% sativa, a chemdawg hybrid. Coincidentally, my wife doesn't dig it either. Headband and pure kush have always been more mellow versions of something quite similar to sour diesel, although pure kush is getting more towards SFV OG Kush, with both of them about 60/40 sativa dominant strains. Headband has the good qualities of sour d but isn't as edgy. there are a few versions of this strain going around, one of them is a chem x mass super skunk x NL#5 and the other is basically an OG Kush x Sour Diesel hybrid. They all go back to what I believe were korean, oaxacan and thai landrace strains at some point. Check out the Headband or 707 Headband if you haven't already.

All of these of course come from the strain Chem Dawg, and though the name may sound lame and gangster-rap inspired, it's actually a Grateful Dead related strain, and its genesis has more to do with them. I don't care for their music very much, but they sure kept a lot of good pot around. A well grown chem dawg '91 cut exemplifies almost all that is good in cannabis.

That's all i have for now, happy thanksgiving everyone.

b_dubb

i'm getting nostalgic for the days when i smoked.  i'm glad that's behind me though

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 25, 2010, 10:49:19 PM

It's funny, a lot of people don't like sour diesel because it can be a little edgy, it's about 80% sativa, a chemdawg hybrid. Coincidentally, my wife doesn't dig it either. Headband and pure kush have always been more mellow versions of something quite similar to sour diesel, although pure kush is getting more towards SFV OG Kush, with both of them about 60/40 sativa dominant strains. Headband has the good qualities of sour d but isn't as edgy. there are a few versions of this strain going around, one of them is a chem x mass super skunk x NL#5 and the other is basically an OG Kush x Sour Diesel hybrid. They all go back to what I believe were korean, oaxacan and thai landrace strains at some point. Check out the Headband or 707 Headband if you haven't already.

All of these of course come from the strain Chem Dawg, and though the name may sound lame and gangster-rap inspired, it's actually a Grateful Dead related strain, and its genesis has more to do with them. I don't care for their music very much, but they sure kept a lot of good pot around. A well grown chem dawg '91 cut exemplifies almost all that is good in cannabis.

That's all i have for now, happy thanksgiving everyone.

holy smokes what school did you go to to obtain your doctorate in marijuanaology? You're an encyclopedia! I love it!

Yeah sour D can be quite heavy on some people, although I'd say several strains of headband can knock you on your butt compared to Sour D.

me personally I like really danky, sour, make your lungs feel like they're caving in, kinda cannabis. She was more into the mellow strains, that IMO, weren't even that tasty - and for me taste has a lot to do with my enjoyment.

I've only been getting the top tier stuff for the past 3 years now, and when I'm at a friends place who doesn't have a license, and try their stuff, you can totally tell the difference.