• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Taaroa on February 02, 2017, 12:53:49 AM
I think it might've been the first mainstream show of it's type, but the rest of modern anime (even stuff like mecha) that shouldn't have been affected by it aren't much better quality wise anymore.

Miyazaki is okay, maybe a bit overrated. I took my dad (who had never seen any anime before) to see The Wind Also Rises while it was playing at an arthouse cinema, and he said he enjoyed seeing something like that more than the films the west puts out nowadays.

Yeah Anime has gotten really bad, Attack on Titan was pretty good i think it was the last anime i watched. I have watched some moeshit, i started watching k-on and made it about 3 episodes in and dropped it. But then there is stuff like Ika Musume that i like just because it makes me laugh and Angel Beats! because even though it's kinda moeshit it had a fairly interesting plot and was a mix of funny and depressing and i like mixed emotions.

Ciardelo

zeebo

Quote from: Taaroa on February 02, 2017, 12:22:37 AM
...Incidentally mine is Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex. None of that moeshit for me

That's a cool show, I don't always understand what's going on but I've watched several of them multiple times.  There was another season called Second Gig as well.

zeebo

Quote from: lukathing03?????????? on February 02, 2017, 01:17:05 AM
... it had a fairly interesting plot and was a mix of funny and depressing and i like mixed emotions.

Don't know if you ever checked out Samurai Champloo.  It had that kind of weird tonal mix, I liked it.  It also had this mash-up style of old Japanese culture with of all things a kind of subversive gangster rap streak, pretty original at least.

Ciardelo

Quote from: MachiaVelli on February 04, 2017, 07:51:32 PM
Well Hello Everybody.

Hi there! Welcome* to BellGab! Feel free to post often!

*new guy buys the refreshments.

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 04, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
Hi there! Welcome* to BellGab! Feel free to post often!

*new guy buys the refreshments.
We're still waiting for you to get the next round. >:(

Quote from: lukathing03🗾🇯🇵🗻🌸 on February 11, 2017, 06:19:54 PM
Konnichi wa, want a Torpedo? desu

Art's got a nice pair of sweater torpedos. DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

zeebo

CozyRozie

Quote from: zeebo on February 11, 2017, 09:13:31 PM
Test hasn't posted here in awhile, but welcome and have fun Cozy.

Thank you

Jackstar

Quote from: nathan on January 09, 2016, 11:22:23 PM
Hey everyone! I first stumbled upon Art Bell (and C2C) while listening to the radio on overnight drives on tour with my band. When everyone else in van is asleep, you're sick of all the CD's you brought, and highway hypnosis is in full swing, nothing hits the spot better than flipping on AM radio and hearing UFO talk. I'm a cartoonist and spend long chunks of the day drawing now, and old episodes of Coast to Coast w/ Art Bell are perfect to listen to along with it. I just recently discovered how vast this community is, and how highly regarded his shows are, and it got me even more excited. I haven't checked out Dreamland or MITD yet, but I downloaded that giant torrent archive so I'm super excited to get to it. Been listening to Somewhere in Time on Saturdays though-- gives the illusion that he's live on the air, and it sounds better coming straight from a radio signal (adds to the effect IMO).

P.S. I've found that I hate George Noory's shows, but I do subscribe to Coast to Coast Insider (sometimes the guests and SIT episodes alone are worth it), and I was wondering-- are the SIT episodes in the archive? They are playing an episode right now, 5-5-1997, and it's not on the torrent so I'm worried I might not hear it again.

Quote from: nathan on January 09, 2016, 11:22:23 PM
They are playing an episode right now, 5-5-1997, and it's not on the torrent so I'm worried I might not hear it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RrLAgi_mBY

Spec

Sup everyone, found the site through youtube when I was looking for old Art Bell shows. Came across the show with Art on Gabcast, pretty cool interview. I had to register after I went through the whole entire "I Saw Art Bell" thread...lotta weird ish going on in that thread but overall it kept me laughing.

Peace

Do they still do the Gabcast?

zeebo

Hi Spec, welcome.  Gabcast status has always been difficult to pin down.  Hope we get more soon.  Have fun and post often.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Spec on February 22, 2017, 01:21:47 AM
Sup everyone, found the site through youtube when I was looking for old Art Bell shows. Came across the show with Art on Gabcast, pretty cool interview. I had to register after I went through the whole entire "I Saw Art Bell" thread...lotta weird ish going on in that thread but overall it kept me laughing.

Peace

Do they still do the Gabcast?

Budge up ladies and gents, I'm here. Now then, how many edgy faggots dwell within these scared yet invisible walls? I need to saciate my 'alternative' lifestyle before I die of boredom. *yawn*

mikuthing01

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 23, 2017, 12:08:01 PM
Budge up ladies and gents, I'm here. Now then, how many edgy faggots dwell within these scared yet invisible walls? I need to saciate my 'alternative' lifestyle before I die of boredom. *yawn*

How many accounts do you have here?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 23, 2017, 12:08:01 PM

We only like the edgy faggots here. All those other Nancy boys can go suck a lemon!  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2017, 03:57:39 PM
We only like the edgy faggots here. All those other Nancy boys can go suck a lemon!  ;)

Right-o, chap! Jolly good!

Quote from: mikuthing01🕍✡️🕎 on February 23, 2017, 03:32:13 PM
How many accounts do you have here?

Excuse me, cartoon girl? How dare you speak to me with such insolence! I would remove my white glove just to give you a slam across the face. *humph*

mikuthing01

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 23, 2017, 06:09:48 PM
Excuse me, cartoon girl? How dare you speak to me with such insolence! I would remove my white glove just to give you a slam across the face. *humph*

Konbanwa Cuckdelo-chan

Quote from: mikuthing01🕍✡️🕎 on February 23, 2017, 06:44:52 PM
Konbanwa Cuckdelo-chan

Pardon me, but I can't understand your unsophisticated form of communication. I'm not fluent in 'riff raff.' Now, if you'll excuse me--Downton Abbey is on.