• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130916 - Michio Kaku - Physics and show premiere

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2013, 06:46:07 AM

someguy

Quote from: MikeJ on September 16, 2013, 08:32:40 PM
How soon before Art asks a caller if they are on a cell phone?

"Please extinguish your satellite radio"

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:31:23 PM
Who's going to be the first Coastgab caller? Give the forum a shout out please.

I will call if he goes to open lines later. But no way am I calling to ask Kaku something. I'd make an ass of myself. Haha

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 16, 2013, 08:33:35 PM
I will call if he goes to open lines later. But no way am I calling to ask Kaku something. I'd make an ass of myself. Haha

Just ask him what would happen if you went back in time and had sex with your grandmother.

Oops I meant killed your grandfather.

popple

Art just asked an intelligent question that made my brain tickle funny 8)

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:35:08 PM
Just ask him what would happen if you went back in time and had "Procreative Calisthenics" with your grandmother.

Oops I meant killed your grandfather.
FIFY

(sorry couldn't resist)  ;)

It's been so long that I keep forgetting its an actual live broadcast and not an mp3 or something. This sounds like vintage Art, he sounds better than he did towards his final coast shows!

primus42

Just canceled my insider subscription. They dont need to darken my airwaves ever again. Jerks. Long live the king!

lonevoice

Quote from: MikeJ on September 16, 2013, 08:32:40 PM
How soon before Art asks a caller if they are on a cell phone?
Turn OFF your radio!!  No faxes over 2 pages!!

Art seems only slightly rusty. I thought he was going to be soo much rustier.

YNOT

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 16, 2013, 08:37:36 PM
It's been so long that I keep forgetting its an actual live broadcast and not an mp3 or something. This sounds like vintage Art, he sounds better than he did towards his final coast shows!

Agreed!

And I keep having to refresh, Bellcab is taking a beating.

Morgus

In the first hour tonight, Art only told about the story behind his first retirement in 2000 and return after the disaster of Mike Seagul in early 2001. What about the other times, end of 2002 when Noory took over?
And when he stopped the guest hosting in 2010? What about the story behind those two times Art, please?

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 16, 2013, 08:37:45 PM
Wish he would have done the news.

I preferred hearing him spill the beans.

There are plenty of news channels on Sirius and terrestrial radio.

I'm sure on a normal show (not his premiere show) he will do the news at the beginning. Tonight was special.

PrairieGhost

This small segment of Dark Matter is better than anything Snoory has done EVER!

lonevoice

Quote from: popple on September 16, 2013, 08:35:15 PM
Art just asked an intelligent question that made my brain tickle funny 8)
Musta tickled your amygdala  :)

SaucyRossy

This first hour of Art is better than the last ten years of George combined.

sharkbait

Damn I can't believe this. A host that is listening and carrying on a conversation? Art is 8 minutes into the interview and he's already asked more interesting and pertinent questions than Dave could muster up in an entire show.

Between Art being back and flipping the channels earlier and seeing Bill Nye the Science Guy on Dancing With The Stars, I have to believe that this is all just some bizarre dream.

popple

WORMHOLE QUESTION:

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU PUT TWO GEMINI CATS IN THE BOX?

GREAT first question for Kaku from Art.

Especially compared to the softball questions Noory throws at him

aldousburbank

So glad we don't have to hear about Schrodinger's Shadow Cat stepping through a portal.

MikeJ

Quote from: Morgus on September 16, 2013, 08:41:12 PM
In the first hour tonight, Art only told about the story behind his first retirement in 2000 and return after the disaster of Mike Seagul in early 2001. What about the other times, end of 2002 when Noory took over?
And when he stopped the guest hosting in 2010? What about the story behind those two times Art, please?

I agree especially about 2010.