• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 25, 2018, 01:18:59 PM
Bellgab is the place I learned about glad wrap condoms and how corn chowder is a wonderful lubricant...
:-X

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 25, 2018, 01:08:35 PM
Here is a new article on Art from the Pahrump Valley Times.  It mentions the controversy concerning the release of the news of his death and ensuing outcry, but not by the Bell family.  No info on the autopsy report.  https://pvtimes.com/news/art-bells-fame-factored-in-facebook-death-announcement/
Dumb question without an autopsy how do the people on the MITD site know how he died for sure?

El Chorro

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 25, 2018, 01:08:35 PM
Here is a new article on Art from the Pahrump Valley Times.  It mentions the controversy concerning the release of the news of his death and ensuing outcry, but not by the Bell family.  No info on the autopsy report.  https://pvtimes.com/news/art-bells-fame-factored-in-facebook-death-announcement/

"Bell announced his retirement from radio at least four times in his career."

Genius is causing people to lose count.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 25, 2018, 01:18:59 PM
Bellgab is the place I learned about glad wrap condoms and how corn chowder is a wonderful lubricant...
I hope there's a special booth for this at the 2019 BellGab Sardine Expo.

He committed sewerpipe.
Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 25, 2018, 01:23:26 PM
Dumb question without an autopsy how do the people on the MITD site know how he died for sure?

Rix Gins

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 25, 2018, 01:23:26 PM

Right.  Everyone wants a peaceful death in bed for their friends and family.  Remember William F. Buckley?  His family and associates pushed the idyllic storyline that he passed away at his writing desk, when later on it was noted that he fell face down on the floor.  Hopefully, Art did die in bed but I still think a pulmonary embolism or even a brain aneurism could have happened.  He just didn't look all that bad off in those drone videos.

Sean92008

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 25, 2018, 02:22:42 PM
Hopefully, Art did die in bed but I still think a pulmonary embolism or even a brain aneurism could have happened. 

Word was repeated last night that George Knapp is under the impression that it was a opioid/fentanyl-related death in all likelihood.

If that is the case, I wouldn't say it was accidental... Not with Heather Leona Wade living within small caliber fire distance away.

Rix Gins

Quote from: El Chorro on April 25, 2018, 01:44:39 PM
"Bell announced his retirement from radio at least four times in his career."

Genius is causing people to lose count.

I noticed that the reporter missed a couple items in the article.  First, he noted that funeral arrangements have not been announced, and second, he said Art quit for the last time due to threats against his family, and not him.

On his own terms...Sewerpipe, and on Friday the 13'th. I'm calling it here and now.
A man of class picking a day that would leave a smile of coincidence.
That's the reason for the devastation and such.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 25, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
Word was repeated last night that George Knapp is under the impression that it was a opioid/fentanyl-related death in all likelihood.

If that is the case, I wouldn't say it was accidental... Not with Heather Leona Wade living within small caliber fire distance away.

Surely nobody is suggesting it was the Ultimate Quittening

I am... :o
Quote from: K_Dubb on April 25, 2018, 02:50:40 PM
Surely nobody is suggesting it was the Ultimate Quittening

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2018, 01:55:02 PM
I hope there's a special booth for this at the 2019 BellGab Sardine Expo.
While the liquor license has been approved for the 2018 BellGab Sardine Expo everyone should be aware that they should bring their own 12pack cardboard box, a flask of diesel fuel, and matches if they need to go "number 2" for burning. Fort Rock will have the new recruits dig a trench for "number 1."

K_Dubb

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 25, 2018, 02:52:23 PM
I am... :o

:(  I am slow.  Of course that's why Knapp said what he did.

MV/Liberace!

An interesting read.

albrecht

Quote from: mv on April 25, 2018, 03:07:20 PM
An interesting read.
Awesome read. I'm only 1/2 through and lots of information on the business, what Art thought of guests and theories, and his background. Funny how the lawyers go off tangent with interest in the paranormal, UFOs, RVing, and TWA Flight 800. Thanks for posting!
Praise MV!

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2018, 02:56:41 PM
While the liquor license has been approved for the 2018 BellGab Sardine Expo everyone should be aware that they should bring their own 12pack cardboard box, a flask of diesel fuel, and matches if they need to go "number 2" for burning. Fort Rock will have the new recruits dig a trench for "number 1."

One or two ply toilet paper?

grano salis

Quote from: mv on April 25, 2018, 03:07:20 PM
An interesting read.

I read through the 1998 deposition taken in Nashville Davidson county.  Art was a litigious man having initiated more than a few suits over the past 20 years.  I found it interesting that the first wife was declared under oath to be Vickie Baker and the only child at that time AB IV, which means that Art wasn't technically married at 19 to the Okinawa lady?  Vincent and Lisa are not legally his heirs(?).  other interesting reading in that deposition.  Thanks MV.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: grano salis on April 25, 2018, 03:25:21 PM
I found it interesting that the first wife was declared under oath to be Vickie Baker and the only child at that time AB IV, which means that Art wasn't technically married at 19 to the Okinawa lady?

or he lied under oath.  who knows for sure.

GravitySucks

Quote from: grano salis on April 25, 2018, 03:25:21 PM

I read through the 1998 deposition taken in Nashville Davidson county.  Art was a litigious man having initiated more than a few suits over the past 20 years.  I found it interesting that the first wife was declared under oath to be Vickie Baker and the only child at that time AB IV, which means that Art wasn't technically married at 19 to the Okinawa lady?  Vincent and Lisa are not legally his heirs(?).  other interesting reading in that deposition.  Thanks MV.

It mentions he was arrested for starting a video dating service because San Diego felt it was tied to prostitution. He sued them for false arrest and I think got $50k. That probably set a bit with him. I wonder if he was an expert witness for Bob Lazaar.

Quote from: mv on April 25, 2018, 03:28:26 PM
or he lied under oath.  who knows for sure.

Maybe he just doesn't want to recognize that period in his life. Maybe it was annulled. Maybe it's the discrepancy between a marriage in Japan/Okinawa and America. Who knows.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2018, 04:29:16 PM
Did this just become a politics thread? Because I'm up for that. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 25, 2018, 04:51:15 PM

Alright! It's on like donkey kong and you guys will all remember to blame this guy for it and not me.  ;)

Sean92008

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't want to turn it into a political thread. I was just addressing that mental condition Where people try to feign their empathy by imitating their speech patterns. That Trudeau guy from Canada did something similar by wearing religious clothing in India or something of the sort.

Hold it! My reference to Hillary Clinton was over in that MitD thread sheesh, I'm confused.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 25, 2018, 05:02:58 PM
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't want to turn it into a political thread. I was just addressing that mental condition Where people try to feign their empathy by imitating their speech patterns. That Trudeau guy from Canada did something similar by wearing religious clothing in India or something of the sort.

Hold it! My reference to Hillary Clinton was over in that MitD thread sheesh, I'm confused.

Too late! You done fucked up, son.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 25, 2018, 05:02:58 PM
That Trudeau guy from Canada did something similar by wearing religious clothing in India or something of the sort.

I love how Savage calls him The Ballerina.