• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 07:33:46 AM
Yippee! Are you going to be serving Jesus juice again?

I don't know what you are talking about but, yes!

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 12:37:26 AM
I've read this post 3 times and it may as well be written in ancient Sanskrit.
It's Modern SandScript so you need to read it on the beach, upside down.

QuoteDo I need to be high to decipher this ab? ;) :P
You need to decipher it to be high.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 07, 2014, 09:27:27 PM
I have to say one thing about this. I KNOW that one can find out from where someone is posting and from what computer they are doing it on.

Don't you think that the NSA and other Federal agencies can do that ? The FBI alone has a whole division that does nothing but search out internet scams that come from Africa, India and elsewhere.

Cyber attackers can download everything off corporate and private computers in seconds and are doing it.

And if they can, others can too.

Back in the day, I knew a lot of hacker types. I didn't always sit around and type on anonymous boards.

Can we assume from this response that your assertion that you could run down to Apple and get Woz and Jobs (were he alive) to get this information from you was a delusional fantasy?

No matter.  Here's some reality.  Your task starts with getting the IP logs of bellgab.com to determine what IP address Bart Ell was posting from on a given day and time.  Armed with this information, you then need to determine what ISP controls, or controlled that IP address on that date.  If Mr. Ell was posting through a proxy server, your task becomes far more complicated. 

None of these entities are going to share this information with you simply because you ask for it.  You will need a court order compelling them to turn over specific information, and if you guess wrong about what that information is, another order with new parameters.  To obtain that order, you need to present legal justification.  In essence, you need to make a prima facie case that your works have been substantially infringed, not merely that you are buttsore because someone called you names on the Internet.

Let's look at some of the challenges you are facing.

1)  As others have pointed out, and you have consistently ignored, Bart Ell's alleged "infringement" falls under one or more exemptions.  The attorneys that you claim to have contacted would have explained this to you already.

2)  You would have to take legal action against bellgab.com, which at the very least would cost them considerable personal time and perhaps legal expenses to deal with your Quixotic fantasies.  Do you think that this might sour your relationships on the site?

3)  The actions I've outlined above, which don't take you further in the process than discovering Bart Ell's name and contact information, will cause you to incur legal expenses well into the five figures.  Yes, I know that you think that some hotshot attorney or law firm will take your case pro bono because your Mom knew every celebrity and politician of note back in the sixties.  Generally, though, they try to use their time productively and don't want to have their firm's name and reputation associated with wacky, frivilous litigation (particularly if they're doing it for free).

You spin these wild fantasies in part because you hope that people will take you more seriously.  Actually, it has the opposite effect.  You don't have to take my word for this; just go back and listen to those you consider your "family" taking about it during the podcast.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 07, 2014, 09:27:27 PM
As for my running roughshod over people when they were talking, I was out on the street and couldn't hear at times what they were saying. Its hard to understand who's saying what and when they're done or not under those conditions.

Then why did you participate under those conditions, knowing what the effect would be?  Why not go indoors, or simply not call in at all?  You're not that self-centered, are you?

NXOEED

The show sounded really good. I got a chance to listen last night.

Maybe because I'm relatively new to this place, I just kind of figured that the pages-upon-pages of email forwards, blog reposts, and the excessive commentary, as well as the flame war that followed, were just a part of some inside joke that I wasn't really in on. It was reassuring to hear that other people don't quite know what to make of them either.

Having said that, they're great. This is exactly what I'd expect to find on a forum of devoted Art Bell listeners.

ziznak

Quote from: NXOEED on January 08, 2014, 10:25:31 AM
The show sounded really good. I got a chance to listen last night.

Maybe because I'm relatively new to this place, I just kind of figured that the pages-upon-pages of email forwards, blog reposts, and the excessive commentary, as well as the flame war that followed, were just a part of some inside joke that I wasn't really in on. It was reassuring to hear that other people don't quite know what to make of them either.

Having said that, they're great. This is exactly what I'd expect to find on a forum of devoted Art Bell listeners.
falkiegate is a spillover from some other douchechilling political forums where apparently ol falk found his life-trolls.  Once you've found your life-troll you know its forever.  Somebody mentioned that falkiegate being the main feature this show was something akin to a cleansing process.  I wish I could say the same for this forum but the infection is too severe.  I have a feeling we'll have to hear about this shit on a regular basis from now on as well.

AB I got yer sandscripts nigga thanks.

Spinner

Jus finished listening to the latest GabCast.
Now I have a vivid mental image of Jazmunda playing with his daughter's toys.  ;D

wr250

Quote from: ziznak on January 08, 2014, 11:28:48 AM
falkiegate is a spillover from some other douchechilling political forums where apparently ol falk found his life-trolls.  Once you've found your life-troll you know its forever.  Somebody mentioned that falkiegate being the main feature this show was something akin to a cleansing process.  I wish I could say the same for this forum but the infection is too severe.  I have a feeling we'll have to hear about this shit on a regular basis from now on as well.

AB I got yer sandscripts nigga thanks.

unless art comes back....then quits again

eddie dean

Quote from: Spinner on January 08, 2014, 11:50:31 AM
Now I have a vivid mental image of Jazmunda playing with his daughter's toys.  ;D

the ladies love  jaz the munda!
The JazTour is coming to a US city near you this summer!

jazmunda

Was the quote at the Top of the Page "What Kind of Coffee?" inspired by Curtis' talked over question on The GabCast? I too am interested to know the answer but fear it's nothing exotic and probably just plain old instant coffee.

jazmunda

Quote from: Spinner on January 08, 2014, 11:50:31 AM

In fairness to me this is not a thing. We are on vacation and my daughters beach toys were on the table next to my computer and I was stacking them and they fell. If you would prefer to form a mental image of me successfully trying to mate Barbie with a My Little Pony then you may imagine that instead.

Quote from: eddie dean on January 07, 2014, 11:42:47 PM
... I try my best to avoid people talking over one another on the show. Call it a pet peve of mine. Listeners can't follow the dialog, or understand the participants, in broadcasts when this occurs...

There is line between letting someone finish a point, and cutting them off when they are just rambling, probably a skill that takes time to develop.  Don't be afraid of a moment of dead air here and there between speakers.

I've never had a problem having a conversation on the phone not knowing if the other person was finished with what they were saying or not.  I have had conversations where the other person constantly interrupts - I just end those quickly. 

It frustrated me when your caller just seemed to get tired of letting someone else talk, and after about 10 seconds of that would just jump in and begin to talk over whoever had the floor.  How many times did he do that?  I don't buy the claim it was because he couldn't hear, it seemed right in character. 

jazmunda

I agree re: a phone conversation however add another 2 people to a phone conversation and things can get messy.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 03:56:36 PM
I agree re: a phone conversation however add another 2 people to a phone conversation and things can get messy.
JaztheMunda, always with the sex heh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 03:31:49 PM
Was the quote at the Top of the Page "What Kind of Coffee?" inspired by Curtis' talked over question on The GabCast? I too am interested to know the answer but fear it's nothing exotic and probably just plain old instant coffee.

yeah, that was curtis' question.  nice catch.

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 12:18:49 AM
I didn't feel slighted at all.

Last time I was more vocal because I had a shit load of notes in front of me. This week as I am on vacation I wasn't really prepared. Also Curtis didn't shut up. ;) :P

I listened to the show today and need to give a public apology to Jazmunda and Eddie Dean for not shutting my trap!  Luckily Falkie gave me cover fire.  I will be donating $1.00 to charity "The Human Fund" for every time I say "Yeah" randomly.  They're going to be rich!!  Thanks, OVER.

heater

Quote from: MV on January 08, 2014, 05:04:35 PM
yeah, that was curtis' question.  nice catch.

Did you guys see that?  Look behind you, in the distance.  That was my 15.  best.moment.ever.

bateman

Listening now. Enjoying the discussion on troll theory.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on January 08, 2014, 06:02:16 PM
Did you guys see that?  Look behind you, in the distance.  That was my 15.  best.moment.ever.

you're just trying to grab all the attention.

[attach=1]

Quote from: themudking on January 08, 2014, 06:01:27 PM
I listened to the show today and need to give a public apology to Jazmunda and Eddie Dean for not shutting my trap!  Luckily Falkie gave me cover fire.  I will be donating $1.00 to charity "The Human Fund" for every time I say "Yeah" randomly.  They're going to be rich!!  Thanks, OVER.

are you going to be cutting your vocal cords or gargle drano?

heater

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 08, 2014, 06:37:06 PM
are you going to be cutting your vocal cords or gargle drano?

Both, live on youtube but only if we can raise enough money for the human fund.

eddie dean

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 08, 2014, 03:52:49 PM
There is line between letting someone finish a point, and cutting them off when they are just rambling, probably a skill that takes time to develop.  Don't be afraid of a moment of dead air here and there between speakers.
It is much more difficult than I first realized.I had no illusions that we would be perfect right out of the gate, but its definitely  much better than what I feared it might be. There are so many moving parts and subtle nuances to consider. It will indeed take time and experience to learn the techniques of broadcasting. When to dump a caller, when to transition into another topic or when to stay with a topic that has legs, so to speak. 
It frustrated me when your caller just seemed to get tired of letting someone else talk, and after about 10 seconds of that would just jump in and begin to talk over whoever had the floor.  How many times did he do that?

several times. I have no reason to think he was interupping out of spite or anger towards us(hosts). Frustration perhaps. When I made mention of the fact that he and curtis were talking over each other, falkie apologized profusely, which seemed genuine to me.
falkie is a unique person. He baffles me. He doesn't always make the right choice and usually does the exact opposite of what I would do.  He has annoyed me many times by his behavior on this forum. I have scrolled past his long winded posts more times than not. I can completely understand why he is getting so much shit.

what I don't like to see, is the feeding frenzey and blood lust.  I read it as an attempt to completely destroy the man. From my chair, it  is getting uncomfortable to witness.. I'm not saying you, PB are doing this, or that the critisim is completely baseless. I simply don't wish anyone physical harm or emotional trauma, which might lead to a complete breakdown, just because he might not have a firm grasp on aspects of  reality. I could be completely wrong about falkie and his critics.
I've tried to  stay away from taking either side on this issue publicly. I guess I'm still not 'siding' with anything but human dignity.

Maybe I have fallen into a sympathy trap. idk

If I get crucified for this, fuck it !!

It's all the ginger's fault!! (mudking)

#blametheginger
Carry on.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on January 08, 2014, 06:55:48 PM

It's all the ginger's fault!! (mudking)

#blametheginger
Carry on.

I'm all for anything that takes the heat off the #blamejazmunda campaign.

Burn the Gingers!

Someone get me a UV lamp.

Quote from: eddie dean on January 08, 2014, 12:00:59 PM
the ladies love  jaz the munda!
The JazTour is coming to a US city near you this summer!

It's that accent.  Hey, jaz.  I've got some toys.  Wanna' play?
:-*

OMG, I'm a stalker now.   :o

Falkie2013

I had said I was going to call in and had NO idea that what would happen from people all talking at once ( including me ) and street noises, etc. would happen.

I've never called someone live from outside while being recorded so how could I possibly know what would occur or what it would sound like ?

And I getting weary of being called an attention whore or somesuch all the time.

Give me a fucking break. I was just trying to explain my position and probably not doing it very well at times.

I have taken their legitimate criticisms to heart and will take steps to modify some of my behavior patterns on line. I appreciate their input and suggestions and offers to help.

One thing though. I enjoy the hell out of Gabcast and dont want it to be all about Falkie. Move on to other stuff. You guys are all great and I hope Onan gets better soon and the searchers find Aldous out sleeping under a cactus somewhere so he can get back on the air as well.

Nor do I want this thread to turn into an all Falkie discussion either.

I'm done.

jazmunda

Quote from: Treading Water on January 08, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
It's that accent.  Hey, jaz.  I've got some toys.  Wanna' play?
:-*

OMG, I'm a stalker now.   :o

What size batteries do they require?

We are flirting aren't we? I've been out of the game too long. That was appropriate wasn't it?

eddie dean

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 08, 2014, 08:42:13 PM
I had said I was going to call in and had NO idea that what would happen from people all talking at once ( including me ) and street noises, etc. would happen.

I've never called someone live from outside while being recorded so how could I possibly know what would occur or what it would sound like ?

And I getting weary of being called an attention whore or somesuch all the time.

Give me a fucking break. I was just trying to explain my position and probably not doing it very well at times.

I have taken their legitimate criticisms to heart and will take steps to modify some of my behavior patterns on line. I appreciate their input and suggestions and offers to help.

One thing though. I enjoy the hell out of Gabcast and dont want it to be all about Falkie. Move on to other stuff. You guys are all great and I hope Onan gets better soon and the searchers find Aldous out sleeping under a cactus somewhere so he can get back on the air as well.

Nor do I want this thread to turn into an all Falkie discussion either.

I'm done.

Thanks falkie.
I agree, we have a lot of other bellgab stuff we can discuss. I can't promise that your name won't ever come up in future episodes, but I'm certain you will not be discussed for the entire show. ;D

Yogi Aldous sleeps on top of the cacti! 8)

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 09:24:56 PM
What size batteries do they require?

We are flirting aren't we? I've been out of the game too long. That was appropriate wasn't it?

You charming, 'smoove' bastard you!
Can I be a roadie on your JazTour 2014?

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on January 08, 2014, 09:48:35 PM
You charming, 'smoove' bastard you!
Can I be a roadie on your JazTour 2014?

As the roadie positions are unionized please speak to your local teamster representative. Groupie positions are always available but the job specifications are unmentionable even on this forum. PM me for the sordid details.

onan

Maybe this should go in the annoyed thread.

I get really annoyed with the-talking-over-others complaint. We aren't professionals. I can't speak for Jaz or Eddie, but I don't get paid for doing it. I have no training in radio, and I do it only for the fun. No one was disrespecting with dismissive or derisive speech.

Falkie, called into talk to three people. And in a larger sense to present himself to other members of the forum. So what if he was distracted by his environment? It was a perfectly human situation. It wasn't contrived or manipulative. So where is the harm?

Everyone has the ability to call the show; and I truly hope everyone does. The Gabcast, at its core, is a conversation for all of us to appreciate. It isn't about the best production values or just how cool-glib we can be.

bateman

Talking over each other was so minimal, it really wasn't a big deal. I enjoyed the show.