• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

MV/Liberace!

sorry guys, but no show tonight.  i have some sort of cold/flu and my throat feels like ground beef.

Lilith

Quote from: MV on March 03, 2016, 04:55:15 PM
sorry guys, but no show tonight.  i have some sort of cold/flu and my throat feels like ground beef.

Awww,  Sorry to hear that MV  :'(

I hope you feel better real soon !!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on March 03, 2016, 05:00:55 PM
Awww,  Sorry to hear that MV  :'(

I hope you feel better real soon !!!

it's muh t-cell count.

GravitySucks

TigerLily

. Next time no tongue with Hoagie. Feel better soon. *Prays for MV'S throat*

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on March 03, 2016, 05:26:02 PM
. Next time no tongue with Hoagie. Feel better soon. *Prays for MV'S throat*
Pray for Throatse, Praise MV! ;D

whoozit

Thank goodness it's illness and not a stalker. Too soon?

akwilly

This never would have happened if we had a host that took care of his health. Someone like Falkie.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on March 03, 2016, 08:21:14 PM
This never would have happened if we had a host that took care of his health. Someone like Falkie.

but i'm drinking plenty of whole milk!

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on March 04, 2016, 11:37:01 AM
but i'm drinking plenty of whole milk!

While your youngest daughter starves. You bastard.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 04, 2016, 12:15:19 PM
While your youngest daughter starves. You bastard.

i'd prefer you use "whilst" as opposed to while.

#freejazmunda

GravitySucks

I hope your Spring Break is next week and that you and Evelyn will be able to do a show on Tueday to discuss the first round of the winner take all primaries.

#FreeEvelyn

Praise MV!

GravitySucks

Hey MV,

Are you doing a Radio Trainwreck on Tuesday to discuss the results of the first round of winner take all primaries?

Praise MV!

#FreeEvelyn

I find myself checking ufoship more often than bellgab these days.

Praise Evelyn!

#FreeMV

Faustina

No Train Wreck?  You're missing out on some wild political theater, MV. 

GravitySucks

Seriously, MV... You and Evelyn need to get back on the air. And on a somewhat regular basis.

The BellGabbers are revolting.

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 28, 2016, 08:55:58 PM
Seriously, MV... You and Evelyn need to get back on the air. And on a somewhat regular basis.

The BellGabbers are revolting.
If not disgusting. ;)

MV/Liberace!

The broadcast schedule at UFOShip.com for this weekend:

Saturday:
Drunken Karaoke - 6PM-Midnight Eastern, 3PM-9PM Pacific.
We fire up a pirate FM transmitter in a basement, get drunk, sing karaoke, and stream it for your listening pleasure. 
UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.

Sunday:
Falkie2013 returns as a solo host of The GabCast.
Show starts at 8PM Eastern, 5PM Pacific.
UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.
Call the show at 623-242-CAST(2278).

Faustina

Sorry, not really interested in Drunken Karaoke or Falkie hosting the Gabcast.  When's the next Radio Trainwreck?

Hog

My thoughts exactly Faustina.

Ive started going through the RTW casts and I reached a new high for being frustrated while listening to the September 27 show.  MV and Evelyn trying to discuss centrifugal force and gyroscopic force.  Plus mudkings explanation only dealt with the effect of the circumference of the equator being longer that the circumference of the Earth at the poles which makes the radius of the Earth at the true geographical poles less than the radius at the equator. He was explaining the effects of increased radius due to the equatorial bulge, not the true effect on a persons mass standing on the equator vs a person standing on the equator due to the centrifugal force being exerted at the equator.

BTW If you are standing on the equator you will move approx 900 miles in one hour due to the Earths revolution alone.  If we take the rotations of the" Earth, Solar system, Milky Way into account, we are moving through space at over 1,200,000 miles per hour, yet due to very small amounts of velocity accelerations we humans dont feel a thing.

Anyway, overall the RTW is entertaining, good work MV.

peace
Hog

Faustina

It's sad MV doesn't have more time for this podcast:  it's stellar and could easily have a YouTube following in the hundreds of thousands.  MV would never need to work at a "real job," but just keep cranking out new RTWs to an ever increasing and devoted following.  Next thing you know, Sirius/XM would come knocking at his door, waving a big money contract in his face, which MV would decline coz he's idealistic.

It's the waste of the potential of what it could be that irks me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Faustina on April 28, 2016, 10:19:26 PM
...which MV would decline coz he's idealistic.

everything in your post was accurate with the exception of this.  i'd blow donkeys in the mall parking lot for the right amount of money.

thanks for the nice words, though.  and you too, hog.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2016, 01:19:30 AM
  i'd blow donkeys in the mall parking lot for the right amount of money.

Name your price. I'll mortgage my house again if that's what it takes.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jaz on April 29, 2016, 02:05:52 AM
Name your price. I'll mortgage my house again if that's what it takes.

A king size bag of skittles will get it done, I think.

pate

Quote from: MV on March 02, 2016, 10:46:38 PM
sorry, i think i've gone through two avatars since you posted this.

I've lost track of such things and have given up.

Hog

Do we know Evelyns name?

I just listened to the episode where she complained to MV about pretending to not here her over the when RED was on with them on October 28, 2010.

Then in the following episode on Nov 06, 2010, Evelyn says that the continued talk of her dislike of MV's actions was "no longer good radio", to which MV goes directly to reading the news, she was wrong, it was indeed good radio.

I really think that Evelyn was pissed off about MV telling her that most women that he knows would Who doesnt want the nuclear family  living in a nice neighbourhood with no crime, manicured lawns and a husband who can go out and pay the bills? I dont know many women who dont want that., Evelyn retorts that "Oh wow, I dont know any who do."  MV quips "thats because you live in academia Evelyn, get out, and, I'll get you down here and shop you around."

I really think she had some misplaced issues within this episode.  MV pretending that her "cough button" was engaged (twice) during the show couldnt really be what was sticking in her craw, IMO.

peace
Hog