• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Shockwave

Did anyone hear George ask his guest "would you get hurt if you were in an elevator that was falling fast and jumped out right before it hit the ground?"   Wow. 

My head hurts from all the face palms while listening for just a few minutes.   

Sardondi

Quote from: Shockwave on May 06, 2012, 01:49:06 AM...My head hurts from all the face palms while listening for just a few minutes.

Which is why a special facepalm team had to be created for George Noory:

preston

Quote from: Shockwave on May 06, 2012, 01:49:06 AM
Did anyone hear George ask his guest "would you get hurt if you were in an elevator that was falling fast and jumped out right before it hit the ground?"   Wow. 

My head hurts from all the face palms while listening for just a few minutes.
What he was asking was if a person jumped up right before the elevator hit the ground.
Then he said that he didn't think a person would get hurt.Norron can be such an idiot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 03, 2012, 08:17:31 AM
I have no sympathy for the postal workers.

amen.  overpaid, entitled, lazy assholes.  i have a lengthy history with postal workers as i used to work for a postal contractor moving mail between cape girardeau, MO and atlanta.  most of them are absolutely worthless cunts.  some of them really are great people, but those are rare in that business.

the whole thing should be privatized.  entirely.  i don't think government workers should earn more money or have better benefits than a private sector employee in the same industry, particularly when that private sector employee's employer is ACTUALLY PROFITABLE!!!!

jinwicked

Really enjoying the George-Noory-Tells-Stories-About-Himself-and-Drops-Names hour tonight. Not.

I love it when guests talk amongst themselves so that it feels like listeners are not even part of the conversation anymore.

No wait, I do not enjoy that either.  I randomly tune in once or twice a month and this show is invariably awful. ::)

WOTR

Quote from: preston on May 06, 2012, 07:01:28 AM
What he was asking was if a person jumped up right before the elevator hit the ground.
Then he said that he didn't think a person would get hurt.Norron can be such an idiot.
My vote is for a live experiment broadcast live starring Noory and a faulty elevator.  There can even be a red light telling him when to jump so that he can time it properly...

Reading the descriptions I think that I may not tune in tonight.

WOTR

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 06, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

amen.  overpaid, entitled, lazy assholes.  i have a lengthy history with postal workers as i used to work for a postal contractor moving mail between cape girardeau, MO and atlanta.  most of them are absolutely worthless cunts.  some of them really are great people, but those are rare in that business.

the whole thing should be privatized.  entirely.  i don't think government workers should earn more money or have better benefits than a private sector employee in the same industry, particularly when that private sector employee's employer is ACTUALLY PROFITABLE!!!!

I just can not really agree.  First, the last 3 packages sent from the US via UPS have arrived on my dock looking as though the truck driver backed over them several times prior to delivery.  All of them were damaged or missing pieces.  I have never had anything show damage when sent by USPS.  Also, it is around $50 customs clearance for UPS vs. $5 for USPS.

Finally, if it were privatized, the non profitable letter mail and other such items would increase in cost until they were profitable, or they would be charged the minimum rate of Fedex and UPS for each item (what is it- $10?)  Yes, people subsidize the postal service (in the US and in Canada) but it provides a service at a rate that would not be possible by privatizing them.  A few dollars for each citizen to have the mail (letter and parcel) available to be sent to any address or privatize the service and stop delivery to small, remote communities and increase the costs to each person who uses the service substantially.

With that being said- you and I are on the same page when it comes to the pay and benefits enjoyed by public employees.  I would like my sick days to accrue, be offered a % of my pay as a bonus account, be given a few days a year for personal development (read extra vacation) and have a defined benefit pension and a matching retirement account on top of it all...

Sardondi

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 06, 2012, 10:30:07 PM...amen.  overpaid, entitled, lazy assholes....

Quote from: WOTR on May 07, 2012, 12:18:26 AM
I just can not really agree....

You both make good points. The USPS may not be salvageable, because of insane labor costs, irrationally great deals for employees. Postal employees and the Postal Union own the USPS: it's got the most that's-not-my-job, I'm-on-my-break, the-union-says-I-don't-have-to environment of any dept. in the entire govt.

This needs to end - we need an air traffic controller-style house cleaning there. The contracts the gov't has negotiated at USPS are literally killing the Postal Service, and those contracts have to be renounced. Let the postmen go on strike - they'll find out the world has changed, and outside of a handful of older SS check recipients who still can't do direct deposit, America probably wouldn't notice if the PO was closed.

But we do need a PO. So I hope they're not that stupid. Because it wouldn't take too long for the 3 major private deliverers to somehow all decide at the same time (independently of course) that, like WOTR says, it takes $1.87 to mail a post card, not a penny less. So we need the USPS to keep the deliverers kinda honest. I just hope the USPS doesn't commit suicide...and right now it has a gun pointed at its head.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 06, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

Has not worked with prisons, security, energy, or AT&T so why would it work with USPS?

This is a real question (different competition, different assets outlays, etc).

michio

Quote from: jinwicked on May 06, 2012, 11:59:06 PM
Really enjoying the George-Noory-Tells-Stories-About-Himself-and-Drops-Names hour tonight. Not.

I love it when guests talk amongst themselves so that it feels like listeners are not even part of the conversation anymore.

No wait, I do not enjoy that either.  I randomly tune in once or twice a month and this show is invariably awful. ::)

Celebrity name dropping is an addiction for Simple George. He could be discussing the sex life of garden slugs and he'd work Billy Gibbons name into the discussion.  What amused me was how Noory bragged his radio fame/celebrity "never went to my head."  Surprisingly (or not), Chris Wilde was invited to welcome the young artist (average, not spectacular), Tatum. Why 'The Silky Pipes of Turmeric' had to call in, other than him wishing to sing a Hollywood Bowl concert duet with Simple George, I'll never understand.

Quote from: WOTR on May 07, 2012, 12:18:26 AM
With that being said- you and I are on the same page when it comes to the pay and benefits enjoyed by public employees.  I would like my sick days to accrue, be offered a % of my pay as a bonus account, be given a few days a year for personal development (read extra vacation) and have a defined benefit pension and a matching retirement account on top of it all...

When I was growing up and graduating college, no one wanted to take a government job. The pay was too low.
Now these jobs are in very high demand, no matter what the pay.

stevesh

The first hour last night had the definite feel of a bought-and-paid-for commercial for young Mr. Tatum, orchestrated by Premier.  A shame his handlers think he needs to stoop to that sort of deception to get his career started.

Oversoul

Speaking of Premier, I came across the following post by David Wilcock at his Web site (http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1035-divineintervention1):

QuoteClear Channel is the mega-conglomerate that owns Premiere Radio Networks, which carries Rush Limbaugh and almost all other right-wing hate-radio "shock jocks."

However, "Almost all of Clear Channel's primary talk stations are affiliated with Fox News Radio for national news -- part of a multi-year deal between Clear Channel and Fox."

Though the names may change, it's the same corporate entity running the show here. Not all of it is bad, either.

Clear Channel and Premiere run Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, which I've appeared on more than 15 times -- and is a marvelous program.

It is perfectly acceptable to see how a company can have positive and negative aspects mixed together.

A marvelous program, David?   Really?   :o

I wonder if Wilcock knows what he is talking about in the context of his entire post... or if he has been blinded by Noory's butt in the course of ass-licking Noory.  Isn't Noory and C2C part of that "right-wing hate-radio 'shock jocks'" agenda, too, even if for the purpose of sowing public fear and confusion and disinformation?    ???

(For those who have not been following Wilcock's latest antics: David Wilcock claims that the Illuminati is currently being demolished internally by a rebellion of some of its own and a 134-nation alliance out to disrupt the establishment of the New World Order.  You can read his reporting of this at his Web site by following the link to it above.)

Sardondi

Re how often Simple George twists a story into something about him, or celebrity(?) name-drops (which is really the same thing), it's astounding how often he does this. Even a random listen to any show hits a bullseye.

For example, I just happened to listen to the 2011 Ghost To Ghost show (it was horrendous - it took an hour before George got to the first ghost story, and then he let callers ramble on forever). One woman begins an elaborate set-up for her tale and mentions a parrot (IIRC). Well, of course George says, "I had a parrot too once". There's this pause, and you can tell the caller is thinking, "WTF, you tool?!", as she stares at this great big steaming pile of "WHO CARES?" Noory just left for her. She finally says "That's great!", like you'd say to a mentally handicapped child who has interrupted a speech, and gets back to her story. *sigh*

Maybe we need a nightly pool to keep track of these Noory bombs. The first time he does it in a show, or how many times total he does it. We'd be competing only for glory of course. I guess the "monologue" or "news" portion doesn't count, since there's no one for him to talk to then and it's often necessarily about him. We'd count only interviews or calls. So whaddaya think?

Tonight, Monday the 7th, I give him until midway through the bottom of the second hour before he turns the show around to him - or about 1:35 in, or 1 hr & 35 minutes into the program, and the program begins with the playing of "The Chase".

Anyone?

margoloo

Quote from: michio on May 07, 2012, 04:10:16 AM
Celebrity name dropping is an addiction for Simple George. He could be discussing the sex life of garden slugs and he'd work Billy Gibbons name into the discussion.  What amused me was how Noory bragged his radio fame/celebrity "never went to my head."  Surprisingly (or not), Chris Wilde was invited to welcome the young artist (average, not spectacular), Tatum. Why 'The Silky Pipes of Turmeric' had to call in, other than him wishing to sing a Hollywood Bowl concert duet with Simple George, I'll never understand.

My eyes rolled so far back into my head listening to GN last night!  Fortunately, when he uttered the shrill cry about zillions of bats, they popped back into place.  BTW, what's with Josh Tatum?  Just ordinary at best.

Morgus

Noory on Sundays is apparently now doing his own version of American Idol?  :o

Quote from: Morgus on May 07, 2012, 12:48:07 PM
Noory on Sundays is apparently now doing his own version of American Idol?  :o

The newest Ancient Aliens - Dinosaurs - managed to omit any comments from George Noory again.  At least the third, possibly the forth straight show. 

I guess they finally tired of George's 'peepul are innereschted in this stuff' / 'sumpthin happened' type comments, and realized he really doesn't have much of a fan base to bring to the show.  Now if only PremRat...

11angeleyes11

First call of the evening:  May 7, 2012 

Caller: "How are you, George?"

George: " All is well, did  you know that I asked a waiter at the Greek restaurant tonight "How are yew?"

Caller:  Wanting to go on with their paranormal tale, "Welll no, George I did not and I love your show."

George:  "Yew know, I love my show too.  The guests say it, the staff say it, and my Mother says it on Mother's Day."

George:" Now, back to the show, last night did yew know that my guest discovered Neil Diamond?"

Caller:  Not knowing what to say, blurts out: "I have a paranormal story, and I am a paranormal investigator, and we investigated the Lincoln bedroom in the White House."

George:  Oblivious to the caller,  "You know that song by Neil Diamond that goes Hello, again, hello. . I just called to let yew know?  Did you say you had a white house, back in Deerborn, my house was white, too with black trim."

Caller:  "Why, no George, . . and the ghost we found was not Lincoln's ghost it was that attorney that Hilary was involved with, and it was actually a poltergeist and diamonds fell from the ceiling.?"

George: " Did you say Diamonds?  Yes, How are yew?  And the Neil Diamond song, well last night the man who began his career was on.  As a kickback for me having him on he is going to discover me, yes me, and I will play all night tonight selections from Renditions With  The Nighthawk and the first song I will be singings Hello, again hello, how are yew?  The next song will be Missouri Woman, and the final one at the end of the first how will be Sweet DanGalanti.  Stay tuned and don't touch that dial. . Hummmmsssssss."

Caller:  "Yes, Obama was involved with the seance?" (A big click as the voice of George singing Cracklin' Rosemary get a new book, we're going write till there aint' no more to write, taking it low, Amazon don't you know.? breaks in and a commercial break for New Age Male begins.)

Quote from: Sardondi on May 07, 2012, 11:45:11 AM
Re how often Simple George twists a story into something about him, or celebrity(?) name-drops (which is really the same thing), it's astounding how often he does this....

Maybe we need a nightly pool to keep track of these Noory bombs. The first time he does it in a show, or how many times total he does it...
Tonight, Monday the 7th, I give him until midway through the bottom of the second hour before he turns the show around to him - or about 1:35 in, or 1 hr & 35 minutes into the program, and the program begins with the playing of "The Chase".

Anyone?

From the C2C Website:

Messages From The Dead
Mon 05-07

(In the second hour) Ph.D. researcher at the University of Northampton, Cal Cooper, will discuss his work on paranormal activity at the time of death including telephone calls from the dead, as well as sightings of ghosts and apparitions in ancient and modern Egypt.

I have 10c on George mentioning his father was born in Egypt at 11:11 LA local time (by the way, how long has Egypt been considered modern?).

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 07, 2012, 07:07:33 PM
From the C2C Website:
...Cal Cooper, will discuss his work on paranormal activity at the time of death including telephone calls from the dead...
Billy Mumy was in a Twilight Zone episode about his dead grandma calling on a toy phone.

The only reason it's not guaranteed that Noory would mention that and name-drop Mumy is that Noory actually may not know that ep.; Georgie's "love" and "fascination" with "TZ" may only be 3 or 4 eps deep, and he may only know of Mumy being in the wishing-into-the-cornfield ep.

Usagi

Dude just said, in the span of one minute, "dispashed" instead of "dispatched" and "Moi" instead of "May."  Even better, after mentioning some study by scientists* analyzing the potentially massive methane output that would have been caused by Sauropods (i.e. dinosaur farts) he said... "Maybe that's what's happening now." 

Hrm.  Maybe so, Jorch.  Maybe so.

[*I say "some study" because, of course, he never ever mentions the source of any of the stories he reads.]

This Neil Slade guy knows how to explain things to GN.

WOTR

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on May 07, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
First call of the evening:  May 7, 2012 
The worst part is that it was only the third from last paragraph when I realized that your writings were not an actual transcript.  How sad is that (both that I am really this gullible and that I perceive Noory as being that self absorbed...)

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 07, 2012, 07:07:33 PM
I have 10c on George mentioning his father was born in Egypt at 11:11 LA local time (by the way, how long has Egypt been considered modern?).
11:11 Pacific time.  I think that I still have a few minutes to place my bet.  George will be discussing his life long interest in ghosts and aliens.  Basically, he will be telling us all how informed he is and qualified to be supreme commander of coast (how long until Wells refers to him in such a manner?)

PChirp

Quote from: margoloo on May 07, 2012, 12:29:36 PM
My eyes rolled so far back into my head listening to GN last night!  Fortunately, when he uttered the shrill cry about zillions of bats, they popped back into place.  BTW, what's with Josh Tatum?  Just ordinary at best.

I kind of felt sorry for Josh Tatum.  Georgie's "interview" was all over the place and the celebrity name-dropping was truly out of hand.  Mel Gibson?  Really?  With his current schizoid reputation, I wouldn't even admit I'd met him.  George's tales of his seminal years in broadcasting, name-dropping, delusional self-promotion, Christian Wilde (WTF?)---why the hell bother with any sort of enjoyable interview?  Have to agree Margoloo, Tatum is NOTHING but mediocre.