• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Marc.Knight

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 30, 2012, 12:37:52 PM
Yup..."Ancient Aliens" has clearly run out of gas, as have most of the off-beat story lines that have made C2C interesting.  Cable TV has beat the stuff to death in the past year or two...too many bad programs wrung out of this stuff.  Even "true believers" are realizing that Bigfoot and UFOs can't hide from the 100,000,000 or so phone cameras.

Why is the "History Channel" really the "Ancient Aliens Channel" and SciFi is now "SyFy" playing trash that nobody can categorize, especially not as science fiction?  It's funny to see the MTV-izaton of television. 

Marc.Knight

Topic: George Noory Sucks! -- The Definitive Compendium  (Read 515127 times)

Jebus, that's a lot of clicks.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 30, 2012, 12:37:52 PM
... clearly run out of gas, as have most of the off-beat story lines that have made C2C interesting...

Which is another way of saying George Noory and his bloated staff have developed zero interesting new topics over the past 10 years. 

Well, other than infomercial/doom topics designed to sell sponsor products, and the pseudo-medical topics designed to show off George's ignorance and fear of science and medicine.

ziznak

It's kinda sad when I find myself looking forward to an LMH visit just to hear some new material... can anybody think of anything new on c2c since the kingdom of snoory era?  i can't... besides the whole "sonic boom" reports from LMH

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on April 30, 2012, 02:39:31 PM
It's kinda sad when I find myself looking forward to an LMH visit just to hear some new material... can anybody think of anything new on c2c since the kingdom of snoory era?  i can't... besides the whole "sonic boom" reports from LMH

sonic boom reports?  wtf is this all about?  sorry, i don't listen to the show at all.

ziznak

She's collecting reports of "boom sounds" from around the world and it's taken on a life of it's own at this point.  Kinda sad though thats all i can think of as a new topic I've heard on C2C

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on April 30, 2012, 03:04:56 PM
She's collecting reports of "boom sounds" from around the world and it's taken on a life of it's own at this point.  Kinda sad though thats all i can think of as a new topic I've heard on C2C
didn't Noory tell Linda he thought the booms sounded like trumpets?  :o

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 30, 2012, 02:43:55 PM

sonic boom reports?  wtf is this all about?  sorry, i don't listen to the show at all.
it's meant to be vague and dumb so as to make you want to tune in. no one knows, including poor linda herself.

Usagi

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 30, 2012, 03:11:20 PM
it's meant to be vague and dumb so as to make you want to tune in. no one knows, including poor linda herself.

I kinda like the "booms" topic.  :-[   I've liked most all of Linda's recent stories.  What that says about me, I don't want to know.

MV - the booms are loud, jolting sounds that have been heard in various locations, sometimes over a wide area, sometimes reported by multiple witnesses and/or reported to the police (all supposedly without any systemic activity).  Critiques say it's just regular sonic booms are being heard, although some witnesses claim that they would know the difference.  That's probably all it is along with the power of LMH suggestion at work... but, alas, I'm *that* desperate for a new topic.

Sleepwalker

Yahoo! George and Marshall Masters (who the hell is Marshall Masters?) are going to discuss coming cataclysms.  From the preview of tonight's train wreck, it would appear that Mister Masters or Master Misters or whoever the hell he is, got the news of impending doom from crop circles.  Uh huh.  Yep.  Time to stock up on more freeze-dried food that will still be deelishus 25 years from now.  Pole shifts, double suns, Planet X.  And now, ladies and gentlemen, if you will step inside my tent, you will see the amazing tattooed lady direct from Borneo and the three thousand year-old reptile man who can levitate without the use of props or other hidden devices and predict your future while drinking pure vinegar and blowing it out his nose. Step inside the big tent and see for yourself! 

Frys Girl

Please go to earthfiles.com and look at linda's penis-shaped UFO from April 27.

ziznak

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 30, 2012, 03:39:11 PM
Please go to earthfiles.com and look at linda's penis-shaped UFO from April 27.
thats not a ufo its george's priapismic linda moulten hardon

expat

can anybody think of anything new on c2c since the kingdom of snoory era? 

I think many of us liked the "Mysterious disappearances in National Parks... that NPS is highly reluctant to talk about." I thought it was the best this year.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 30, 2012, 02:43:55 PM
you can catch more details of Linda's reports on this on this week's free streaming dreamland podcast:
http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/latest

Wednesday April 25, 2012
Unexplained Explosions Now Worldwide
They started in Clintonville, Wisconsin. They were dismissed as a local phenomenon. But they have now spread to 12 states, the United Kingdom and possibly Lithuania. They are loud, often metallic-sounding explosions of unknown origin. In the UK, a powerful explosion heard over most of southern England was explained as a sonic boom caused when two Typhoon jets were scrambled in response to an as-yet unexplained 'rare' emergency signal that came from a small helicopter hovering over Bath. The two jets were observed circling the helicopter. One witness reported a silver disk in the area. Meanwhile, unexplained explosions have now been heard both from the air and from underground in 12 states in the United States. They have nothing to do with fracking and are not a new earthquake-related geologic phenomenon.

Listen as Whitley Strieber and Linda Moulton Howe discuss this bizarre phenomenon, and Linda offers reports from many eyewitnesses

The booms are interesting and something Art would also have been all over. Sadly all we get from Boory are 'shtrange noishes that shound like trumpeshs' .. Maybe itsh the end of the world.

VtaGeezer

... can anybody think of anything new on c2c since the kingdom of snoory era?
Sure...lotsa new stuff since Noory came on full time; dozens of quack medicine peddlers, NWO conspiracy obsesses Alex Jones as a regular, almost weekly New Age religio-spiritualism gurus for starts.   

Quote from: expat on April 30, 2012, 05:54:11 PM
I think many of us liked the "Mysterious disappearances in National Parks... that NPS is highly reluctant to talk about." I thought it was the best this year.

That was a good show, spooky to listen to late at night.  As close to an Art Bell show as we're going to get.  Like you said, probably the best of the year (not that there is much competition in the category).

However - big however - Knapp just does not have any credibility.  He just doesn't.  Not for a long time.  Not after having his local Raelian cult spokeslady on multiple times to talk about the human cloning they are 'currently doing'.  Not after not even mentioning the role of Title Insurance in his alarmist reports on chain of property title problems on foreclosures, not after way too many delusional guests (like the lady that claimed to be  CIA sex slave forced to have sex with every promanent Republican from Hoover to Reagan), not after too many just plain stupid UFO guests and shows.  This guy even had John Edwards' campaign manager on after the election one year.  The year John Edwards was the most obvious phony of the bunch running.

The reason the National Parks aren't keeping records on these disappearances, aren't answering questons, and seem to be covering them up are probably because the Bigfoot hunter guest made them up sitting around the campfire.  Once again George Knapp is completely credulous and a little too easily taken in by some huckster he stumbled across. 

ziznak

When was that National Park disappearances show on?  I vaguely remember it but then I think I'm confusing it with that "possible serial killer" on routes whatever show... that was actually a good show too but serial killers aren't weird enough for me to say they are a bonefide C2C topic.  I agree that Art would probly like the booms story...

michio

George Nooron repeated (for the 666th time) his egotistical story about how he single-handedly saved the world from demonic destruction by not going through with his promised on-air ouija board experiment. The guy should be embarrassed and ashamed he was too ignorant (and lazy) to not research the subject BEFORE he announced it and had us waiting weeks for the show. Rosemary Ellen Guiley should have kicked his seedy ass for being a baby about it. If you ask me, it was his plan all along to lie to the listeners and make himself sound like a hero at every opportunity. What a deceitful a$$hole.

Oversoul

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 29, 2012, 07:11:59 PM
perhaps this look is next

Or this look on Noory? 

Too much freaky plastic surgery.    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

expat

Quote from: ziznak on April 30, 2012, 11:35:05 PM
When was that National Park disappearances show on? 
March 25th. Guest was David Paulides, a journo. He was, like most C2C guests, flogging a book.

At first glance I thought George was interviewing Marshall Mathers last night...and I was confused. Thankfully it was actually Marshall Masters informing us that he likes Major Dames' theory that the future is just pure hell. George said 'somphthin's gonna happen.' at one point he blurted 'it's just a matter of time! Not if but when. Right?' masters agreed, making George feel he had a good grip on humanity's end times.

School loans tonight.
Why pay them! Sompin's gonna happen.

If you're one of those dumb people that still have coast insider like I do, listen to last nights show in the fourth hour. Around 30 minutes in, George takes a call in which the caller compares the guest to a profit. Sarcastically, 'Tom in Madison' asks the guest for the date and time the world will end. This came only seconds after Mr. Masters complemented George about how smart he is. Obviously neither the guest nor the host were smart enough to get the sarcasm from Tom the caller--oh and Mr. Masters was also compared to the one and only Gary North. George Noory probably didn't listen to Art Bell back in the 90s when Gary North was on, when the Y2K thing flopped as a prediction. Tom in Madison was not given the chance to ask a follow up

Quote from: HorrorReporter on May 01, 2012, 12:03:04 PM
If you're one of those dumb people that still have coast insider like I do, listen to last nights show in the fourth hour. Around 30 minutes in, George takes a call in which the caller compares the guest to a profit. Sarcastically, 'Tom in Madison' asks the guest for the date and time the world will end. This came only seconds after Mr. Masters complemented George about how smart he is. Obviously neither the guest nor the host were smart enough to get the sarcasm from Tom the caller--oh and Mr. Masters was also compared to the one and only Gary North. George Noory probably didn't listen to Art Bell back in the 90s when Gary North was on, when the Y2K thing flopped as a prediction. Tom in Madison was not given the chance to ask a follow up

http://www.4shared.com/get/c8x7lxjE/Coast_To_Coast_AM_-_3042012_-_.html

EnterDragon

Anyone catch the part of the Marshall Masters interview when George just cut him off and said "Lets go to phone lines, are you ready"?! He basically interrupted the guy because he was talking too much! There could be other ways to go about interrupting a guest! I was laughing.

michio

On the last show, Noory was talking with Horowitz about the Rosicrucians.  I think it was Noory who brought first brought up the subject  when he said "Ross-icrucians." I immediately noticed the error. Shortly after Noory's gaffe, Horowitz said the word correctly by pronouncing it "Rose-icrucians."  I was sure that Noory, being the attentive listener he is, would be instantly alerted to his mispronunciation. No luck. Noory kept saying "Ross-icrucians," even after Horowitz had said the correct pronunciation multiple times. Does George have a buildup of ear wax, needs a hearing aid, or an install of a new brain? That is the question.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rosicrucian (click on the little loudspeaker to listen)
rō-zə-ˈkrü-shən

Then there was the Masters dude who kept saying "FukuJIMA" all night long.  It's actually "FukuSHIMA." The scholar Noory never caught this error, either, or just didn't give a crap to correct Masters persistent doom and gloom brain fart.

Quote from: michio on May 01, 2012, 10:48:19 PM
On the last show, Noory was talking with Horowitz about the Rosicrucians.  I think it was Noory who brought first brought up the subject  when he said "Ross-icrucians." I immediately noticed the error. Shortly after Noory's gaffe, Horowitz said the word correctly by pronouncing it "Rose-icrucians."  I was sure that Noory, being the attentive listener he is, would be instantly alerted to his mispronunciation. No luck. Noory kept saying "Ross-icrucians," even after Horowitz had said the correct pronunciation multiple times. ..

Then there was the Masters dude who kept saying "FukuJIMA" all night long.  It's actually "FukuSHIMA." The scholar Noory never caught this error, either, or just didn't give a crap...

George - trying to burnish his cred - used to ask guests if they knew of his 'aunt' Shafica Karagulla (I assume he probably still does this).  Finally, one day, a guest did.  He had studied under her and claimed to have known her well.  George was pleased and a conversation ensued.

At some point, the guest said she had preferred her name pronounced like Ka-rig'-u-la and he continued to pronounce it that way the rest of the show.  George just went right on pronouncing it Kara'-gu-la.  Back and forth they went.  Good one, George.