• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Kaiborg

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 09, 2012, 04:32:00 AM
   Well, I vehemently disagree with everyone here.  Child predators can easily be rehabilitated.  The human brain can always be readjusted.  While capable of lifelong imprints, it is, according to the latest research on neurogenesis, a fantastically plastic organ and not nearly as static as once believed. I can't cite all the facts and I may not be as aware of the various statistics, but I know without a doubt I am correct.

Sadly, you are incorrect.  Neurogenesis is not the same as rehabilitating a pedophile.  Yes, the brain is capable of incredible plasticity, but this, and correcting someone who is "broken" on such a base level are two entirely different things. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Kaiborg on April 09, 2012, 06:12:21 AM
Sadly, you are incorrect.  Neurogenesis is not the same as rehabilitating a pedophile.  Yes, the brain is capable of incredible plasticity, but this, and correcting someone who is "broken" on such a base level are two entirely different things.

Dear fellow forum member, please read the entire post composed by CAM.

Frys Girl

I'm wondering a lot of things about George Noory now that he has asked for a pedophile's number. I'm not going to publicly charge anything, but this looks bad.

BobGrau

Well, that's it.
Due to noory's sympathy for child molesters, I will no longer listen to ANY coast to coast show, ever. I had long given up on noory-hosted shows anyway, but now I will boycott even my beloved Ian Punnett and George Knapp as long as they are associated with coast to coast. Even if Art came back to be the host. Even listening to old pre-noory shows is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm going to send the above paragraph to premiere, lisa, tom, knapp, punnett, wells etc. I know it won't make any difference.
Being a hater just stopped being funny.

Tara

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 09, 2012, 06:45:53 AM
I'm wondering a lot of things about George Noory now that he has asked for a pedophile's number. I'm not going to publicly charge anything, but this looks bad.

Noory definitely has a strange, unhealthy fixation on children.  He relishes stories of children being hurt, lost, under various circumstances.   Now his interest is in talking to someone who desires to sexually harm children.  Are child beaters next?  Noory is at least a back seat voyeur,  who gets a perverse pleasure in hearing about the misfortunes of little kids.  As a human being, Noory isn't worth a spit!

Oversoul

Quote from: Kaiborg on April 09, 2012, 06:12:21 AM

Neurogenesis may not be the answer to the behavior modification of a pedophile.  However, the neuroscience research area of neural connectivity or the "connectomes" of the brain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectome) might present the key to a solution.  Assuming, of course, that neuroscientists succeed in mapping out the connectomes of the brain.  But this field seems to hold much promise in the future.  They see a connection between brain functionality and connectomes.  If this is correct, then modifying connectomes could result in behavioral modification.
Sebastian Seung: I am my connectome 

(Noory could one day re-wire his connectomes and become a C2C host exceeding Art Bell.  Who knows?)

Oversoul

Quote from: Tara on April 09, 2012, 07:22:18 AM
Noory definitely has a strange, unhealthy fixation on children.  He relishes stories of children being hurt, lost, under various circumstances.   Now his interest is in talking to someone who desires to sexually harm children.  Are child beaters next?  Noory is at least a back seat voyeur,  who gets a perverse pleasure in hearing about the misfortunes of little kids.  As a human being, Noory isn't worth a spit!

Noory's brain connectomes must be in the wrong places.  They might be in need of significant overhaul or re-wiring.  I recommend a thorough fMRI of his brain for starters.

Tara

Quote from: Oversoul on April 09, 2012, 07:29:33 AM
Noory's brain connectomes must be in the wrong places.  They might be in need of significant overhaul or re-wiring.  I recommend a thorough fMRI of his brain for starters.

Basically with Noory, they need to hit the delete button on all of the hardware and software in his brain, and start all over.  No patch would work on that virus infected excuse for a brain. 

stevesh

I will refrain from getting into a useless electronic catfight here about it, so you may Google them at your leisure.... Then you will know the unadulterated truth - that Drs. Smith and Wesson have a 100% cure rate. I am confident your personal research will prove me right and that I can convert the non-believers present in this forum.

Might be the funniest post I've seen here. Do the good doctors also treat clueless talk show 'hosts' ?

Sardondi

Well, I vehemently disagree with everyone here....Drs. Smith and Wesson have a 100% cure rate.....

A literal coffee-out-the-nose moment. You had me until the good doctors made their appearance. And I think you still had at least one gabber at the end to judge by the post he left. Bravo.

ziznak

How about we give the pedophiles a choice?  voluntary self castration with nooooo anesthetic... or... life in general population at the appropriate prison.  Of course I do think that the healing probe by those two doctors is a viable solution... what was they're names again?... I forget but yeah... I don't really think rehabilitation is possible.

Sardondi

I know folks aren't entirely serious about the castration, but even if they are, that's not a cure. "Chemical castration" has been tried several times with rapists and a few times with pedophiles, and it doesn't change the target of their sexual desire, or lessen their urge to have sex with them. In the case of pedophiles they often wanted to simply be in the presence of children; to touch them if they could but simplky to be near them if they couldn't.

It's not an issue of libido or level of hormones; it's about the deepest imprinting on these people's psyches. Like I said, their wiring is messed up. If they were automobile engines, instead of the familiar, if kind of boring, GM cylinder firing sequence of 1-2 3-4 5-6, which has been standard for millions of vehicles, the pedophile's is some weird 3-5 2-6 4-1off brand that no one has ever seen.

ziznak

I guess the only other option is death then!  maybe we can put them all on an island somewhere i dont know.  If castration would only help the "actively raping little kid" types... then what to do with the rest?

Quote from: stevesh on April 09, 2012, 10:12:41 AM
Might be the funniest post I've seen here. Do the good doctors also treat clueless talk show 'hosts' ?

Thank you, Stevesh.  You know, interesting you brought that up.  These doctors do have a consistent history of making house calls.  However, treating a clueless talk show host is a tall and possibly legally sticky order. Thankfully, administering this therapy to the implied host is unnecessary and in a very real sense, redundant, as the host has repeatedly treated himself countless times.

Oddly, consistently choosing one of either feet as point of entry.

Quote from: Oversoul on April 09, 2012, 07:25:02 AM
Neurogenesis may not be the answer to the behavior modification of a pedophile.  However, the neuroscience research area of neural connectivity or the "connectomes" of the brain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectome) might present the key to a solution.  Assuming, of course, that neuroscientists succeed in mapping out the connectomes of the brain.  But this field seems to hold much promise in the future.  They see a connection between brain functionality and connectomes.  If this is correct, then modifying connectomes could result in behavioral modification.
Sebastian Seung: I am my connectome 

(Noory could one day re-wire his connectomes and become a C2C host exceeding Art Bell.  Who knows?)

Even in my jest, I was alluding to what Oversoul kindly brings to our attention. What if contaminated/damaged areas containing/controlling imprints could be physically removed then the tissue replaced by neurogenesis techniques, allowing for healthy remapping? This is assuming a blockage of the migration of non-desired data is possible. 

Such migration of knowledge is not completely understood but evident in recovering stroke/blunt trauma victims, in such cases comprising beneficial data.

Now, I know it is a slippery slope.  We've all watched A Clockwork Orange, and the nightmarish reprogramming eclipsing "free will," but still, it's something to ponder. I appreciate your specific comments and that link, Oversoul.

Quote from: Sardondi on April 09, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
A literal coffee-out-the-nose moment. You had me until the good doctors made their appearance. And I think you still had at least one gabber at the end to judge by the post he left. Bravo.

Coming from you and your obviously astute sensibilities and accompanying sense of humor, I don't know if there is higher praise than the collateral damage of some hot Cup of Joe through the nostrils! Thank you, Sardondi.

Quote from: b_dubb on April 09, 2012, 06:40:38 AM
cam's patented bullet therapy. subtle

As always, you're succinct/to the point, b_dubb.  I could (and will) take a lesson from you.

This incident is an example of why George doesn't get too far away from his cue cards, and why he is reluctant to take calls, let alone unscreened calls.

George knows he sucks as a host, that he can't think on his feet, that sooner or later his true diseased self will emerge.  It's why he has cue cards, long delays, screened lines, etc. in the first place.  I wonder if all those people that have mysteriously 'hung up' over the years were actually dumped by Tommy and the delay was used to edit out anything else damaging George might have said. 

If Team George is reading here, look for him to say something tonight about wanting to do a show on reformed criminals, while distancing himself from including pedos..

11angeleyes11

All right I am jumping into the pit.  I'll give George the benefit as being a responsible journalist.  It is only by understanding and discussing behaviors that we can target and modifiy those behaviors.  I could see this being discussed but only in an even-handed professional round-table way.  You could have the deviant, a psychotherapist or someone who is specialized in treating this disorder, a successful case, and someone who protects children.  Take the negative and pull some aspect of success or modification out of this.  George could serve as a moderator.  I do not see this being a good one on one interview. 

I abhor pedafiles and punishment must be adminstrated as appropriate to the case. Children must be protected at all costs.  There is a national platform here that could be used instructively and beneficially if handled properly.  True, not a typical Coast topic, but this is not your typical Coast. 

My fantasy is that one day while on the air,
George goes bat shit crazy and says to all his callers:
"Don't worry. We're not like the others. We're your friends.
Then you hear the cylinder of a .44 Magnum close and a very loud gunshot.

The rest of the night all you hear is E Foods Direct commercials
over and over and over again.

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 09, 2012, 03:00:29 PM
All right I am jumping into the pit.  I'll give George the benefit as being a responsible journalist.  It is only by understanding and discussing behaviors that we can target and modifiy those behaviors.  I could see this being discussed but only in an even-handed professional round-table way.  You could have the deviant, a psychotherapist or someone who is specialized in treating this disorder, a successful case, and someone who protects children.  Take the negative and pull some aspect of success or modification out of this.  George could serve as a moderator.  I do not see this being a good one on one interview. 

I abhor pedafiles and punishment must be adminstrated as appropriate to the case. Children must be protected at all costs.  There is a national platform here that could be used instructively and beneficially if handled properly.  True, not a typical Coast topic, but this is not your typical Coast.

Hello, Angeleyes,

Speaking for myself, I cannot allow George Noory any such journalistic benefit, as evidenced by his prolific history of being a complete and irresponsible jackass.  I also do not believe anything of significance could be gleaned from such a round table effort that isn't already known and extensively documented.  I could be wrong.

HOWEVER, I am not against such a show coming into being, because it could provide the very much needed death blow to C2C, or at least end Noory being a part of the show (as b_dubb previously observed.)

While I enjoy Wells and Knapp, (and yes, I also get a major kick out of occasional guest host Whitley Strieber) at this point Wells and Knapp would be much better off creating their own shows on satellite radio.  Especially Knapp, who has such a large fan base. I am fully endorsing that they abandon ship. Wells could masterfully function as Knapp's announcer - a truly clever analog to Ross Mitchell of C2C. I find that theoretical construct inspiring.

I can take Ian in small doses because he is funny sometimes, but too condescending at other times and doesn't venture enough into "weirdness entertainment" which is why I am tuning into such programs in the first place.

I guess what I am saying is that since it's mostly Noory at the helm, the show  exceeded its expiration date long ago.

It's somewhat possible that the fallout from George's apparent empathy for this caller is a trigger that will ultimately lead to the forced retirement of Noory and he will claim he planned it all along, as it is 2012 and he used to say he didn't see working at C2C beyond this year. (though, as we all know, as 2012 approached, he changed his tune, in regards to both his employment and a December cataclysmic event.)

There are no coincidences.  He may have fulfilled the prophecy he laid down way back when -  when he perceived 2012 as some magnificently distant and as yet undetected Time Compression/Doppler Effect.

But 2012 has arrived and Noory may be subconsciously planting the seeds of his own demise.

One can only fucking hope.

Cam out.

meanmug247

bravo Mr. Noory you've found a way to take coast down yet another notch.  I hope art never comes back. I agree with cam everyone should definitely let this ship sink.

... I'll give George the benefit as being a responsible journalist...

I assume if George were capable of journalism, he would be practising it.  At least once in awhile (although he makes it look difficult to impossible to recover once dumb and lazy has so fully gripped a person).

The next time he has something of value to add - on any topic, it will be the first time.

blackshap9

And I thought I hated John B Smells, some people in this thread are practicaly accusing Snorry of "being" a child molester.

So I decided to review som3e parts of it and came upon this gem.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 08, 2012, 05:46:29 PM
This has caused me to cross over and actually hate George Noory. 
Quote from: McPhallus on April 08, 2012, 07:28:28 PM

Really?  You've said such awesome things about him in the past.
LMFAO CLASSIC!  8)

Sardondi

...I'll give George the benefit as being a responsible journalist....

I realize you're giving him more than his due for purposes of argument, but I don't think that even someone from the Nooryverse would claim that George is a journalist....Well, besides George, that is. Because, after all, his first interview ever was Stan Friedman, and his aunt was Dr. Arugula Pascagoula.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 09, 2012, 03:48:18 PM

...But 2012 has arrived and Noory may be subconsciously planting the seeds of his own demise.

One can only fucking hope....

Maybe. Just maybe. Except few if any of the Noorons can or will express an opinion which is not of George, so I don't think we can count on many "loyal C2C listeners" to express any outrage over George's cultivation of this pedophile or his use of C2C's name and air time to mount a campaign to rehabilitate a pedophile by overdosing him on Essence of Noory. Because I'm afraid there won't be any outrage.

Oversoul

Quote from: manfromplanedtx on April 09, 2012, 03:26:26 PM
My fantasy is that one day while on the air, George goes bat shit crazy and says to all his callers:
"Don't worry. We're not like the others. We're your friends."

The rest of the night all you hear is E Foods Direct commercials over and over and over again.

Hmmmm.  Makes me think that such a scenario might just take place.  I've always wondered why Noory has this fascination or obsession over the movie "Network" starring Peter Finch.  Noory loves to remember (and playback the audio of) the rant-and-rave scene of the TV show anchorman character (Howard Beale) played by Finch, who eventually goes crazeee with his rantings and ravings over the air. 

Peter Finch as Howard Beale in "Network"

In the movie ending, due to diminishing TV ratings, the Beale character is conveniently disposed off for good by getting him killed on the air during his show.  The film ends with the narrator stating: "This was the story of Howard Beale, the first known instance of a man who was killed because he had lousy ratings."   

Hmmm.  Perhaps in the Noory scenario, the show could end with a statement by John Wells saying in a deep voice: "Tonight's C2C show was the final episode hosted by George Noory, the first known instance of a radio talk-show host who killed himself on the air because he was lousy."

WOTR

Quote from: blackshap9 on April 09, 2012, 08:19:17 PM
And I thought I hated John B Smells, some people in this thread are practicaly accusing Snorry of "being" a child molester.
I am probably one of those who was nearly accusing him.  The fact is that he likely is not a pedophile.  However, when he gives one access to an audience without so much as challenging him it is dangerous.  Suddenly any pedophile who listens in hears George almost sympathize with Jay from CT.  He hears George who has always said that he did not like pedophiles in the past change his tune and show absolutely no revulsion to the acts committed.  He almost hears that society, in general does not want to judge what both he and Jay engage in as repulsive and reprehensible.  There is a validation. 

Sorry, but when you do not challenge him and you do not take a stand when you let him on the air it is validating and normalizing the behavior.

The rest of the night all you hear is E Foods Direct commercials
over and over and over again.
Wow, and I thought that I had a dark homour streak.  Nicely put.

The shot heard round the studio(while the flock of birds outside scatters). Finally George has a show worth listening to.
This should anger all of you but here goes. Has any of you thought of performing an exorcism on george?  I mean laying your hands on the radio and imploring the almighty to "drive out and vanquish teh stupid in Noory"!   Is it safe to try this?  Please let me know if anyone has tried this before.

Oversoul

The rest of the night all you hear is E Foods Direct commercials over and over and over again.

Speaking of efoods storable food products, if they taste or look like George Noory on their ad . . . YUCK!  Spare me the indigestion.   ;D