• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

bateman

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 10:52:01 PM
Ill try to post more--almost show time....
Art (whom I adore) has always wanted to be removed from the show....so I decided to take his name of the credits---which I put back on....because it was silly  not to..he created the show.

As for my style..Im sorry I am who I am...the show is hugely successful ....weve grown it from 445 to 573 stations..and ratings are at an all time high..we have a great team here. I had to adjust the show..we couldnt be paranormal all the time...our stations want and appreciate the variety.

As for the anger towards me...gosh..let it go, Im sure you are all great people.....
be well

If it's really you, George, kudos for jumping into the lions' den.

SaucyRossy

Art (whom I adore) has always wanted to be removed from the show....so I decided to take his name of the credits---which I put back on....because it was silly  not to..he created the show.

As for my style..Im sorry I am who I am...the show is hugely successful ....weve grown it from 445 to 573 stations..and ratings are at an all time high..we have a great team here. I had to adjust the show..we couldnt be paranormal all the time...our stations want and appreciate the variety.

As for the anger towards me...gosh..let it go, Im sure you are all great people.....
be well

You obviously don't get it.

We don't care how much the show has grown. That's not relevant to the discussion and your unwillingness to take constructive criticism is a glaring fault on your part. You sit on the shoulders of some one else's creation and have taken the show that used to be daring, original, and unique and made it bland, boring, and tactless.

I know you can be a better host and a better entertainer for the show but if you're not Willing to even take a little criticism then it will never happen.

Art said you're not edgy enough, and it's true. We don't want paranormal all the time. We want the show to be fresh and you rely on the same guests, the same lame topics, and the same crap for open lines (angels).

And you dropped him off the thank you after the press release for his new show came out NOT when he said he didn't want to be associated. You did it out of spite, it's obvious but thank you for realizing it was silly and that he created the show. At least you recognize that.

Gnoory

Its me Bateman..and btw you did crack me upwith your call.......very clever....kudos for your beliefs.

SaucyRossy

And btw George I've never had any hate for you, just disappointment for what the show has become.

The criticisms aren't about your team.

Gnoory

Saucy you can email me constructive criticism all day---I relish it...I learn from...it
but when it becomes mean spirited and hateful and you know it is...then I just ignore it.

I know you dont care about the show's growth, but I have to..I have a handful of people under me  who's livlihood is this show....and if it doesnt produce..it goes away and thats not happening under my watch.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
Its me Bateman..and btw you did crack me upwith your call.......very clever....kudos for your beliefs.

Hopefully reading this site and healthy competition coming your way will cause you to step your game up.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 11:02:15 PM
Saucy you can email me constructive criticism all day---I relish it...I learn from...it
but when it becomes mean spirited and hateful and you know it is...then I just ignore it.

I know you dont care about the show's growth, but I have to..I have a handful of people under me  who's livlihood is this show....and if it doesnt produce..it goes away and thats not happening under my watch.

First off, I do care about the shows growth but growth comes from originality and paving your own way. Rush didn't copy anyone, neither did Art. They created their show from the ground up mouse inherited it and took it in the wrong direction. I worked in radio, I respect you caring for those who work for you.

Here is what I emailed to you which you never responded too.
Hey George,

I have been listening to C2C since I was 14. Through out my development, high school, college, and now my professional life I relied on Coast for entertainment, outside the box thinking, and that feeling that what I was listening too I couldn't hear any where else.

I've gone through stretches where I would listen every night, to not listen to the show for a year (save a few special shows here and there) and when you first took over I sent you a detailed email with constructive criticism (i went right into radio after HS because of Coast) and you were kind enough to respond with a detailed response on my thoughts.

I kept trying to stick with the show and did my best to justify the style and substance changes as much as I could, and you've had some shining moments and I appreciate those. However, it's become so apparent to me that you don't have the same passion, I'm sure you enjoy this as a job, but this isn't your passion and coast wasn't your baby, you adopted it and tried to put your own imprint on it.

It hasn't worked for me. I just can't justify listening any more due to a number of things.

1. Your interview style: no thoughtful follow ups on what is being discussed, no challenges to absurd claims, it feels like a list of questions rather than a conversation as it should be.

2. The format: the changes in format from bumper music (music sets the tone and atmosphere and there seems to be almost no thought put into it anymore). The pop in guests, coast to me was always a forum for the long format interview yet there is this forced format of having guests come in for round tables etc.

3. Open lines: screened calls lead to boring and calls selected by the call screeners bias (I've been a call screener, I know it happens), and not knowing when to cut some one off from rambling.

4. Finally unwillingness to listen to suggestions and implement them. You've had ten years and its only gotten worse and nothing seems to be changing.

For these reasons and more I am abandoning ship. I wish you the best, and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Please know this was sent with a heartfelt and positive intent.

Respectfully

crockasocks

We all know George is sitting in front of the mic right now working the kinks out of his mouth parts.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 10:41:04 PM
I may have joined years ago---but cant find any of my info.....

Maybe Tommie can help you?

karios8

be well

You're true feelings were leaked when you nearly blew a gasket when Bateman asked if you would be on Art's show so you jumped at the chance to dump him from your credits.

Your style...is no style.  You have someone else prepare your questions, sit down and essentially have the same interview every night.  No wonder you sound so bored.

More stations doesn't mean anything when you are a package deal with Rush because its HIS popularity that got you them.  Also, when you lose quality, high-powered stations for small, rinky-dink ones, you're losing potential listeners. 

Ratings!?  Look at your overnight competition.

Finally, people are angry at you because you suck, quite frankly.  If you want specific examples, there are nearly 1000 pages worth; get reading.  Sorry, I forgot that reading is beneath you, otherwise you would be prepared for your shows.

Be well

SaucyRossy

Quote from: crockasocks on August 12, 2013, 11:06:23 PM
We all know George is sitting in front of the mic right now working the kinks out of his mouth parts.

Embassy!

Black Hole

Quote from: bateman on August 12, 2013, 10:30:19 PM

"Oh, did we lose him? I think we lost him.."
lololololololololololololololololololol  I wet myself Bateman!!!

Black Hole

Quote from: crockasocks on August 12, 2013, 09:02:53 PM
Dave Noory

Navy Rodeo

Ovary Node
lololololololololololol
and
I agree I liked the ogre one too

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Black Hole on August 12, 2013, 11:15:31 PM
lololololololololololololololololololol  I wet myself Bateman!!!

Bateman the timing on that picture was so damn brilliant.

Roy Hinkley

Well, I can already tell THIS show is going to be fracking boring...

Apparently a shot with every mention of "fracking" will be the game tonight.

SaucyRossy

This show is the perfect example of what I was talking about in my email. This is fracking horrible.

Radio talks about business, and politics 18 hours a day. Leave the rest for wht coast used to be great at.

crockasocks

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 12, 2013, 11:22:17 PM
This show is the perfect examRtple of what I was talking about in my email. This is fracking horrible.

Radio talks about business, and politics 18 hours a day. Leave the rest for wht coast used to be great at.

Dave has already lost interest in the interview.  It's only a matter of time before he screws up and asks a planted question twice or out of order.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: crockasocks on August 12, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
Dave has already list interest in the interview.  It's only a matter of time before he screws up and asks a planted question twice or out of order.

Could even be a dropped guest and go to ohhnpen lines after the break??

This is just fracking ridiculous!

Black Hole

I wonder if Art and Dave will alternate the guests.

crockasocks

Quote from: Black Hole on August 12, 2013, 11:28:57 PM
I wonder if Art and Dave will alternate the guests.

Bitter and petty Dave will ban any guest who goes on Dark Matter.

There will be many bannings.

SaucyRossy

George since you're reading this, here's a suggestion for the show tonight that would make it interesting.

Open lines up for people who have horror stories about fracking.

GUARANTEE THE BOARD WOULD LIGHT UP

SaucyRossy

Quote from: crockasocks on August 12, 2013, 11:31:52 PM

Then he will lose a shit ton of good guests, including Graham Hancock, who confirmed on twitter that he will be on with Art in November.

Gnoory

yougot it....as for banned guests  never..they can appear on Art's show all they want and will not be banned...fyi Richard hoagland is one of Art's first guests that opening week

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: crockasocks on August 12, 2013, 11:31:52 PM

Dave: Ya got that right!

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 11:34:09 PM
yougot it....as for banned guests  never..they can appear on Art's show all they want and will not be banned...fyi Richard hoagland is one of Art's first guests that opening week

Sorry Dave, are you really okay with your Science Advisor doing that?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 11:34:09 PM

Of course he will be.

Ask the guest if he watched the HBO documentary Gasland and what he thinks of it.

crockasocks

Linda Moulton Howe, for sure will go over.  I'd give Art all the three-named guests, which is most of them.

a. They don't really like George.
b. They get on satellite.
c. They get to go to bed two hours earlier.