• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on July 01, 2019, 12:17:05 PM
He says he helped defeat Hillary. That’s pretty good.

Not unless his name is Putin he didn't.

Yorkshire pud

Despot meet despot...Welcome to the nuclear club. "You write lovely letters to me and it's only fair you're treated with respect...Sure you sit back and let your own people die but we wouldn't be where we are if we were equal, right?"

If Obama had been photographed shaking hands with Kim at the DMZ, Hannity and Limbaugh would be foaming at the mouth for years.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2019, 12:01:22 PM
Likely. It is funny to see. Not to say that Trump suggested this also epic trolling but his twitter and statements are often definitely designed to troll and get the Lefties and Democrats into another meltdown mode. It is hilarious. 

Let's hope you still think it hilarious if and when the troops get sent to wherever because Trump set off a conflict from his twitter feed. He's a moron.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 01, 2019, 11:49:42 AM

What you mean is you disagree with him...And exactly what have you done for humankind Ricky?

Protected it against elitist, commie jerks like you. :P

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 01, 2019, 12:37:40 PM
Despot meet despot...Welcome to the nuclear club. "You write lovely letters to me and it's only fair you're treated with respect...Sure you sit back and let your own people die but we wouldn't be where we are if we were equal, right?"

If Obama had been photographed shaking hands with Kim at the DMZ, Hannity and Limbaugh would be foaming at the mouth for years.

He was. ::)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2019, 01:29:31 PM
He was. ::)

He didn't even meet him, you dick. Put the crack pipe down, Richie.

If he had, itchy twats like you would have dropped your knitting in horror. When it's a senile old man with an omelette stapled to his head, though, morons like you start jerkin' your gherkin.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 01, 2019, 01:55:06 PM

If he had, itchy twats like you would have dropped your knitting in horror. When it's a senile old man with an omelette stapled to his head, though, morons like you start jerkin' your gherkin.

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 01, 2019, 01:55:06 PM

LOL. 

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 01, 2019, 12:39:33 PM

Let's hope you still think it hilarious if and when the troops get sent to wherever because Trump set off a conflict from his twitter feed. He's a moron.

To be fair, the little orange man has not started any major wars yet (I think that the winner of the Nobel peace prize probably outpaced the new president in wars...  Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.)

I'm not a yuge Donald fan- but I don't think that the whole "he's going to lead the world into war" will fly this election cycle. I still think he is a sleaze-ball... But so far he does not appear to be a war monger...

I wonder what his next term will bring?

Juan

I’ve grown bored with the phrase orange man. How about Prez Cheeto?

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on July 02, 2019, 02:58:29 PM
I’ve grown bored with the phrase orange man. How about Prez Cheeto?
Assuming the trademarks could be worked out it would be a win-win! Prez Cheeto could even fight against Frito Bandito and Snap-E-Tom who keep trying to illegally cross the border to either steal snacks or rape the virgin Miss Vokda. They are 'bad hombres!' 

Good to see the old crowd is still slinging arrows and tossing milkshakes.  Had to take a break from internet chat rooms and clear my head. Not sure I'm back yet but just popping in to give my best to all of you.  Carry on!!! ;D

AZZERAE

President Dead is clueless

and he's caught in a headlight, police-stated god

and his skull is stained glass

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZRAA on July 03, 2019, 02:00:41 PM
President Dead is clueless

and he's caught in a headlight, police-stated god

and his skull is stained glass

Russian yak farmer confirmed.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WOTR on July 02, 2019, 12:59:34 AM
To be fair, the little orange man has not started any major wars yet (I think that the winner of the Nobel peace prize probably outpaced the new president in wars...  Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.)

I'm not a yuge Donald fan- but I don't think that the whole "he's going to lead the world into war" will fly this election cycle. I still think he is a sleaze-ball... But so far he does not appear to be a war monger...

I wonder what his next term will bring?

Oh I agree, the war monger is Bolton. But Trump could easily tweet something that would kick something off; then deny he did it, then say he did but it was misunderstood, then 'so what, Bush started it', then okay but it'll be the biggest war with the most casualties ever, then everyone has said what a bigly beautiful, strongest war it is.

WOTR

Quote from: starramus on June 28, 2019, 04:16:45 AM
I do not participate in american liberal/conservative political theater. I know it goes against your grain as a follower of the McDonald, but I suggest you read a book. https://www.amazon.com/Death-Liberal-Class-Chris-Hedges/dp/1568586795/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+death+of+the+liberal+class&qid=1561716294&s=gateway&sr=8-1 In the words of your previous decider Gee Dubya, I am here to "edjumicate" you! I am sure Putin, and Xi are enjoying their meeting with america's mascot!

A good book, overall. I think I read it last year or the year prior. Too bad (both sides) have shifted so far from anything resembling good sense...

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2019, 01:25:32 PM
Good to see the old crowd is still slinging arrows and tossing milkshakes.  Had to take a break from internet chat rooms and clear my head. Not sure I'm back yet but just popping in to give my best to all of you.  Carry on!!! ;D

This is a great board to start back on. Sort of like training wheels for the rest of the internet...

Good to see you, 21.  :)

starramus

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 03, 2019, 05:24:50 PM
Oh I agree, the war monger is Bolton. But Trump could easily tweet something that would kick something off; then deny he did it, then say he did but it was misunderstood, then 'so what, Bush started it', then okay but it'll be the biggest war with the most casualties ever, then everyone has said what a bigly beautiful, strongest war it is.

If one looks at the history preceding World War II with its rash of sanctioning, the present day world of economic warfare most certainly resembles that. Also if there is a secret alliance between Putin, and Trump ( I sincerely doubt this as Putin is far too intelligent to entrust an amerikkkan especially an amerikkkan business man. face it folks amerikkka does not honor its treaties or agreements) that would parallel the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact. Operation Barbarossa came just 2 months shy of 2 years after signing this agreement. I do believe that the military establishment actually thinks it can triumph in a thermonuclear exchange with Russia. As someone once said, I forget who, "history does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme". Ironic that the future of the human species rests on the forthcoming blunders of one inferior specimen.

albrecht

Quote from: starramus on July 03, 2019, 07:59:32 PM
If one looks at the history preceding World War II with its rash of sanctioning, the present day world of economic warfare most certainly resembles that. Also if there is a secret alliance between Putin, and Trump ( I sincerely doubt this as Putin is far too intelligent to entrust an amerikkkan especially an amerikkkan business man. face it folks amerikkka does not honor its treaties or agreements) that would parallel the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact. Operation Barbarossa came just 2 months shy of 2 years after signing this agreement. I do believe that the military establishment actually thinks it can triumph in a thermonuclear exchange with Russia. As someone once said, I forget who, "history does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme". Ironic that the future of the human species rests on the forthcoming blunders of one inferior specimen.
Maybe a better example for your doomsday scenarios would be Britain's (and French) betrayal of Poland prior to WWII* or the usual appeasement issue and "peace in our time?" Or the idea earlier before WWI that global trade would prevent wars (Passey, Hume, etc) -this idea was popular just a few years ago here in certain circles who advocated globalism, the internet, and international trades etc-even though at the time in Germany a best selling book was "Germany and the Next War" by F. von Bernhadri advocating war and the Prussian concept of war as a "necessity"and even "divine?" The copy on my shelf is signed "Xmas 1914 from Maud" but it is an English printing, originally published in German in 1911?

*and after with regard to Poland and others than became a part of the Soviet-Bloc

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 03, 2019, 08:29:20 PM
Maybe a better example for your doomsday scenarios would be Britain's (and French) betrayal of Poland prior to WWII* or the usual appeasement issue and "peace in our time?" Or the idea earlier before WWI that global trade would prevent wars (Passey, Hume, etc) -this idea was popular just a few years ago here in certain circles who advocated globalism, the internet, and international trades etc-even though at the time in Germany a best selling book was "Germany and the Next War" by F. von Bernhadri advocating war and the Prussian concept of war as a "necessity"and even "divine?" The copy on my shelf is signed "Xmas 1914 from Maud" but it is an English printing, originally published in German in 1911?

*and after with regard to Poland and others than became a part of the Soviet-Bloc

Overly simplistic to what really happened, and irrelevant to today. In 1914 and 1938 there were no nuclear weapons. And for all his faults, (and he had many) Chamberlain wasn't a petulant, manchild idiot like Trump is.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 03, 2019, 08:58:00 PM

Overly simplistic to what really happened, and irrelevant to today. In 1914 and 1938 there were no nuclear weapons. And for all his faults, (and he had many) Chamberlain wasn't a petulant, manchild idiot like Trump is.
I know, the previous poster was claiming relevance to WWII to Trump's, generally, no-war policy, contrary to the Democrats, Neo-Cons, Obama, and Bush policies or desires.

ps: Thank you Britain! That was a great pact we had!

Ha! "
Angloâ€"Polish Pact of Mutual Assistance European history   THIS IS A DIRECTORY PAGE. Britannica does not currently have an article on this topic. "

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 03, 2019, 09:04:09 PM
I know, the previous poster was claiming relevance to WWII to Trump's, generally, no-war policy, contrary to the Democrats, Neo-Cons, Obama, and Bush policies or desires.

ps: Thank you Britain! That was a great pact we had!

Ha! "
Angloâ€"Polish Pact of Mutual Assistance European history   THIS IS A DIRECTORY PAGE. Britannica does not currently have an article on this topic. "

Trump doesn't have any policies..He just does things that will get his base riled up. If he got word that his base wanted the US to, I dunno, invade Angola, first he'd need to find out which continent it was on, then get out his sharpie out to scrawl on an EO and tweet it out..

"Terrible news!! Angola is bad, I will STRONGLY send MY army and destroy them" No Collusion.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 03, 2019, 09:11:44 PM

Trump doesn't have any policies..He just does things that will get his base riled up. If he got word that his base wanted the US to, I dunno, invade Angola, first he'd need to find out which continent it was on, then get out his sharpie out to scrawl on an EO and tweet it out..

"Terrible news!! Angola is bad, I will STRONGLY send MY army and destroy them" No Collusion.
Yes! Angola has unrealized resources not properly exploited though, I think, OXY, and XOM already there producing? But an invasion should help things along.....sorry forgot, Oxy already sold off their stuff to TOTAL as a part of their buy out of Anadarko, I think. It can be confusing. In any event we need to continue British policies....and get those resources and sell those goods per The City bankers demand!

starramus

Some see Trumps North Korean stunt as a sign he is a peacenik. On the contrary that was a diversion to draw attention away from his back pedaling on the Huawei ban. Xi demanded and Trump relented. From what I have seen not covered in the western media. 7 countries not paying attention to the Huawei ban anyway. Britain's Vodaphone going with Huawei 5G along with Switzerland, Kuwait, Russia, China of course, Turkey, Bahrain, and a number of others considering. Huawei is the world leader in 5G technology. The US cannot compete, and so this under handed attempt to destroy their business. The sign of a waning empire? Is the U.S. a failed empire waiting to happen?

Russia, and China both challenging the U.S. on several fronts. Russian news reported that the drone shot down was in Iranian air space. The liars in DC are being exposed if you follow real news. China on June 28th launched a submarine based missile that can hit any target in the US. https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-confirms-submarine-launched-missile-test/  Looks like we are back to spheres of influence, and Eurasia is the prime competition.

albrecht

Quote from: starramus on July 03, 2019, 09:29:22 PM
Some see Trumps North Korean stunt as a sign he is a peacenik. On the contrary that was a diversion to draw attention away from his back pedaling on the Huawei ban. Xi demanded and Trump relented. From what I have seen not covered in the western media. 7 countries not paying attention to the Huawei ban anyway. Britain's Vodaphone going with Huawei 5G along with Switzerland, Kuwait, Russia, China of course, Turkey, Bahrain, and a number of others considering. Huawei is the world leader in 5G technology. The US cannot compete, and so this under handed attempt to destroy their business. The sign of a waning empire? Is the U.S. a failed empire waiting to happen?

Russia, and China both challenging the U.S. on several fronts. Russian news reported that the drone shot down was in Iranian air space. The liars in DC are being exposed if you follow real news. China on the June 28th launched a submarine based missile that can hit any target in the US. Looks like we are back to spheres of influence, and Eurasia is the prime competition.
Yes, very bad. The malware, viruses, and trojan-horses and general lack of proper mfging in Chinese-made tech is a bad (though admittedly is not like we haven't done! Or, worse, Israel where much our stuff is outsourced, especially on the software side.) And yes, likely, a country without a border and, worse, so many enemies within, cannot stand for long. It was nice while it lasted though. Longer than most- in terms of modern countries. But, alas, likely will fall soon- so celebrate 4th of July and all, I guess! Diversity wasn't strength will be proven, sadly. Or gladly by you and so many others. Just wait to what you will get in the new version.....hint, it usually always  :( ends well...French Revolution and Reign of Terror, Russian Revolution, 3rd Reich, Cultural Revolution, Khymer Rouge, and all those Leftist Idealists...hey ho let's go!  ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: starramus on June 24, 2019, 10:46:27 AM

This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me on the board. Bless you!

starramus

Quote from: starramus on June 24, 2019, 04:39:56 PM
Damn my fantasies crashing to the center of the earth. Can I take the roses back? Don't tell anyone I was asking a dude about his precious bodily fluids. What kind of freak show is this anyway? I have only popped in and out throughout the years so don't know the terrain in detail. Thanks for the info.

Hey I am a weirdo. I adore pussy, but unlike der fuhrer I do not grab them unless invited. This babe is HOT, HOT, HOT! Maybe the hottest on the planet.
https://youtu.be/_emdjJoryZY

She's the anchor on Global Business a business program on China Global Television Network. I unlike der fuhrer like Jina. Keep in mind all of the fireworks you are lighting today in your vapid patriotic celebrations were manufactured in China. I wonder if that fool in the White House is wearing his Chinese "Make amerikkka Great Again" cap on this day of "bombs bursting in air". Even your anthem wreaks of violence, and obsession with conflict. Crawl back into your hole, and let the world live in peace. Year after year amerikkka is voted, "the greatest threat to world peace". Just might have something to do with amerikkka's number one export DEATH.

starramus

A cogent 4th of July message:

On this 4th of July, when Americans think about the nation’s independence, it is partly under dark clouds.

The Trump/GOP regime, desperately trying to "make America great again," has chosen to make independence aggressive. It has attacked not an old King George representing a dying monarchism, but rising Chinese competitors. It has attacked poor immigrants and refugees mocking the words written on the Statue of Liberty. It celebrates extreme wealth, extreme inequality, and deregulated profiteering at home and extreme right-wing and repressive governments from Brazil to Hungary. It abandons multilateral agreements and global multilateral organizations at a time when interdependence is more deeply embedded in the world's economy, politics, and culture than ever before. Such steps carry immense risks - political, economic, and military - that the Trump/GOP ignore or dismiss.

The crisis goes far beyond its worst symptom: Trump, and the GOP that has fallen in behind him. Threats to humble China, "obliterate" Iran, ignore Europe, change the Venezuelan and Cuban regimes plus massive support for governments like Saudi Arabia: this list of such policies and programs keeps growing. Trump and the GOP do it while over 30% of Americans relish the cheap boasting and bravado. And the real establishment that runs US capitalism - the CEOs of the corporate giants, their partners (often temporarily on loan from their CEO positions) who wear the top hats of government, their spokespersons in academia and the media: they allow it. Enjoying their tax cuts, enhanced military budgets, and deregulated freedom to put profits first, they don't stop the mad independence train as it careens down the tracks. The costs of Trump/GOP programs are huge and rising; the benefits to the mass of Americans few and insecure.

Most empires die by means of self-destruction. July 4, 2019 reminds us of that history. Yet other kinds of independence are being discovered, pursued, and won. Bernie proved that we can win independence from the rigid taboo against thinking, talking or acting about alternatives to capitalism, ways for the US to do better than capitalism. AOC and many others have since proved how it is possible to go far beyond the shared complicities of the two major parties, to gain real independence from them. Either they will take the Democratic Party where they are going, or they will need to break and make a new party; their constituents, activists, and followers want one or the other.

Millions of Americans are rethinking what the economy and the government should do for the people. They are breaking away from old political, economic, and cultural assumptions, as well as beliefs and organizations unwilling to adapt to the new conditions and demands. They see the need to rebuild or build anew the independent (non-complicit) organizations needed to go beyond the status quo, and its increasingly desperate efforts to survive its self-destruction.

It is in this change where we can place our hope for the future of this country.

Thank you very much for reading, and for supporting our work. Every bit helps as we continue to educate ourselves on the American economic system and how we can redefine an American Dream for all.
Richard D. Wolff
Founder
Democracy at Work

Democracy at Work is a non-profit 501(c)3 that produces media and live events. Our work analyzes capitalism critically as a systemic problem and advocates for democratizing workplaces as part of a systemic solution. We seek a stronger, fuller democracy â€" in our politics and culture as well as in our economy - based on workers’ equal collaboration and shared leadership inside enterprises and throughout society.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: starramus on July 04, 2019, 08:16:40 AM
Hey I am a weirdo. I adore pussy, but unlike der fuhrer I do not grab them unless invited. This babe is HOT, HOT, HOT! Maybe the hottest on the planet.
https://youtu.be/_emdjJoryZY

She's the anchor on Global Business a business program on China Global Television Network. I unlike der fuhrer like Jina. Keep in mind all of the fireworks you are lighting today in your vapid patriotic celebrations were manufactured in China. I wonder if that fool in the White House is wearing his Chinese "Make amerikkka Great Again" cap on this day of "bombs bursting in air". Even your anthem wreaks of violence, and obsession with conflict. Crawl back into your hole, and let the world live in peace. Year after year amerikkka is voted, "the greatest threat to world peace". Just might have something to do with amerikkka's number one export DEATH.

Yorkshire pud

He may have been out by 35 years, but Orwell had it about right. Trump is out to silence the people who we employ. The very people who know far more about anything than Trump has learned in his 73 wretched years on this planet. The reason? Well he just doesn't think science is important and it often tells us things he doesn't like and want anyone else to know.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-gag-us-government-scientists-environment-stop-speaking-public-tweeting-twitter-climate-a7544971.html?fbclid=IwAR27ThYBoaRr18f0NEFVkmUaEEipri7PDFbK0Ew9cF6JbgAJo0iGdRXKaxg

QuoteThe Trump administration’s decision to stop Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials and other government staff from speaking out publicly has prompted the country’s leading scientific organisation to warn against “censorship and intimidation”.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the largest scientific society in the world, said many federal agencies had policies that “prohibit political interference” in how they relay information to the public.

And the World Resources Institute think tank said the move to stop the “free flow of information” would have a “chilling effect on staff”.

In addition to the media blackout at the EPA, some other federal agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Agriculture, were also told to suspend external communications, although the latter department's gag order was subsequently lifted.

The ban includes the issuing of press releases, blogs, messages on Twitter and Facebook posts, according to information leaked to several media organisations. All media requests must be “screened” by the administration.

The decision came after the new administration ordered a “temporary suspension” of grants to the EPA, stopping new business activity.

Donald Trump appointed Scott Pruitt, who is known as a climate science denier, to run the EPA, an organisation he has taken to court on a number of occasions.

In a statement, Rush Holt, the AAAS’s chief executive, said: “We are concerned about reports that federal agencies â€" including the Department of Agriculture and the Environmental Protection Agency â€" have issued directives to staff that may silence the voices of scientific researchers and others working for the federal government.

“Our hope is that this is a temporary measure put into place until the new government agency heads are confirmed by the Senate.

“Many federal agencies have existing scientific integrity policies that prohibit political interference in the public dissemination of scientific findings.

“As the AAAS Council stated in 2006: Censorship, intimidation, or other restriction on the freedom of scientists employed or funded by governmental organisations to communicate their unclassified scientific findings and assessments not only to each other but also to policymakers and to the public is inimical to the advance of science and its appropriate application in the policy domain."