• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Art's reddit is doing really well. It's at 375 points and climbing fast. It seems people reacted well to the John Lear don't walk into the light comment.

sydtron

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 14, 2015, 09:40:44 PM
Mystic Crystal Revelation
And The Mind's True Liberation

Aquarius!   Aquarius! !  *passes the big fatty*

phrodo

Quote from: albrecht on July 14, 2015, 09:45:15 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/2015/07/art_bell_paranormal_radio_pion.html
and I think also a big Toronto station has announced carrying MITD.

That was big - but in the works for a while - the BIG news was the Portland FM station picking up the show.

ItsOver

Art's return is really picking-up momentum.  I am greatly pleased.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: PathoJen on July 14, 2015, 09:56:06 PM
Oh, thanks for that link!
He even called it by the term "crown flash" which, apparently, is a related to a more common phenomena halos and "sun dogs." But, who knows? They certainly look weird. I almost thought it was a powerful spotlight, like announcing some new building opening or party that only could get through a bit at a time. Cool video!!
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap111108.html
http://forgetomori.com/2011/science/leaping-streams-of-light-a-new-natural-phenomenon/
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/common.htm

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 14, 2015, 10:05:07 PM
Art's return is really picking-up momentum.  I am greatly pleased.  ;D

Me too. I hope it translates directly to subscriptions.

nbirnes

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 14, 2015, 09:56:48 PM
Art's reddit is doing really well. It's at 375 points and climbing fast. It seems people reacted well to the John Lear don't walk into the light comment.

I've uplinked everything and then waited a bit, refreshed, and uplinked some more. I will also comment here and there unless Reddit warns me not to do so.

If we ever needed to do this in reverse ... say for a noodly AMA ... well, the rest of this thought is best left unsaid. But we'll talk about it tonight later when no one is listening.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nbirnes on July 14, 2015, 10:13:14 PM
I've uplinked everything and then waited a bit, refreshed, and uplinked some more. I will also comment here and there unless Reddit warns me not to do so.

If we ever needed to do this in reverse ... say for a noodly AMA ... well, the rest of this thought is best left unsaid. But we'll talk about it tonight later when no one is listening.

Indeed, see you there. I'll bring funyons.

phrodo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 14, 2015, 10:09:49 PM
Me too. I hope it translates directly to subscriptions.

Keith said subs are more than they had thought there would be at this point -- but that's a good thing.

GravitySucks

Art,

I did a speed read off the Reddit AMA.  Good job!

Good luck and Semper Fly

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: phrodo on July 14, 2015, 10:20:22 PM
Keith said subs are more than they had thought there would be at this point -- but that's a good thing.

I hadn't heard that, that's great. Art's reddit is up to 427 points already. That's some good momentum.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 14, 2015, 10:26:28 PM
I hadn't heard that, that's great. Art's reddit is up to 427 points already. That's some good momentum.

Thank you for the update.

jazmunda

What do the reddit points mean and what constitutes a good score?

jazmunda

This is what Art's Facebook page currently looks like.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 14, 2015, 10:31:07 PM

Thank you for the update.

I should sort of demystify this for the non-reddit people. Art's now at 445 points mere hours after he did it. To compare, George Clooney's 2014 AMA was at 3215 points when it got archived. I think they get archived after 6 months and you can't arrow up them anymore, but it's a good thing to be almost 1/6th of a George Clooney this early. You could say that it's an indicator that those 15 million people haven't forgot who Art is.

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 14, 2015, 10:41:00 PM
I should sort of demystify this for the non-reddit people. Art's now at 445 points mere hours after he did it. To compare, George Clooney's 2014 AMA was at 3215 points when it got archived. I think they get archived after 6 months and you can't arrow up them anymore, but it's a good thing to be almost 1/6th of a George Clooney this early.

I'd certainly call Art 1/6th of George Clooney.

trostol

any idea what Art's take on Planet X is?

sydtron

Ok. I need some reddit help.  I CANNOT MAKE AN ACCOUNT! Keeps telling mr to come back in 8 mins. And when I do. It says the same thing!  Am I missing something?  I tried it with and without inputting my e-mail.  VERY frustraiting!
I wonder how many people had the same problem today?  I would love to upvote Arts AMA.  AND the questions too. HEEELLP!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 14, 2015, 10:08:47 PM
He even called it by the term "crown flash" which, apparently, is a related to a more common phenomena halos and "sun dogs." But, who knows? They certainly look weird. I almost thought it was a powerful spotlight, like announcing some new building opening or party that only could get through a bit at a time. Cool video!!
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap111108.html
http://forgetomori.com/2011/science/leaping-streams-of-light-a-new-natural-phenomenon/
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/common.htm
It's certainly eerie to watch.  It doesn't look like a natural phenomenon, with it's scanning motion.  It's similar to a searchlight.  Maybe a helicopter with a searchlight but I don't know what it would be doing in the middle of a cloud formation flashing a light around  during the day.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 14, 2015, 10:43:44 PM
I'd certainly call Art 1/6th of George Clooney.

He's 1/16th of an Elon Musk, almost 1/16th of a guy that claims to have two penises, 1/24th of a Barack Obama, 1/8th of a Neil de Grasse Tyson, 1/12th of a Buzz Aldrin and Bill Gates, and 1/14th of a guy that got mauled by a bear and had to drive down a mountain with his face hanging off. Woody Harrelson can only dream to be an Art, he's at zero for having his publicist sit in his AMA standing in as him plugging a movie without answering questions.

WOTR

HAHA... I have one actual friend who knows my facebook name, and a couple of hundred who know me as "Bill".  I was talking to the one friend a few minutes ago and complained that I was bored.  His response?  Why don't you go listen to Art Bell (in reference to my post...)

This tells me that my post must have got at least a few views, and perhaps a few people actually went over...  I will never understand the draw of social media.  But, I suppose so long as it works for cases like these...

Art Bell

Boy am I angry about Face book, I was cut off right in the middle of posting about the AMA and KXL in Portland. I have sent my Driver's license and Passport 3 times. There is no way to reach them by phone.

If it is not straightened out by Tomorrow I will reach out to a friend who has a Job at FB and will see if I can find out who said I am not the real me. If I get that information I will get a Lawyer and let the real fun begin.

Art

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on July 14, 2015, 10:59:45 PM
Boy am I angry about Face book, I was cut off right in the middle of posting about the AMA and KXL in Portland. I have sent my Driver's license and Passport 3 times. There is no way to reach them by phone.

If it is not straightened out by Tomorrow I will reach out to a friend who has a Job at FB and will see if I can find out who said I am not the real me. If I get that information I will get a Lawyer and let the real fun begin.

Art
Oh hell yeah!

Zenman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 14, 2015, 10:41:00 PM
I should sort of demystify this for the non-reddit people. Art's now at 445 points mere hours after he did it. To compare, George Clooney's 2014 AMA was at 3215 points when it got archived. I think they get archived after 6 months and you can't arrow up them anymore, but it's a good thing to be almost 1/6th of a George Clooney this early. You could say that it's an indicator that those 15 million people haven't forgot who Art is.

Good info, sci. Gives a good bit of perspective. Sounds like Art's killing it.

I haven't even been able to read much of the AMA. Had a major Windows 7 crash today, couldn't get it back up and had to switch over to an old computer. Main thing is I'm back up and able to get onto BellGab.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 14, 2015, 10:56:33 PM
It's certainly eerie to watch.  It doesn't look like a natural phenomenon, with it's scanning motion.  It's similar to a searchlight.  Maybe a helicopter with a searchlight but I don't know what it would be doing in the middle of a cloud formation flashing a light around  during the day.

It's even weirder, I saw it before and looked it up. It's called a "crown flash" and occurs when ice crystals align along magnetic fields when one type of cloud rises against another type. The searchlight effect happens as the crystals move like compass needless against the magnetic field and refract the sunlight. It's a very rare phenomenon and that guy was like 1 in ten million to get that on film.

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on July 14, 2015, 10:59:45 PM

Art
Screwing with another mans livelihood (even if it is a hobby) is not cool.  Real money and time went into it and there really is only one explanation as to why it happened.  Somebody is feeling threatened.

The fact of the matter is that there is no stopping this train.  Somebody can see it bearing down on them and is a little concerned that even a slight loss in listeners will translate to very bad news for them.

Zenman

Quote from: sydtron on July 14, 2015, 10:48:40 PM
Ok. I need some reddit help.  I CANNOT MAKE AN ACCOUNT! Keeps telling mr to come back in 8 mins. And when I do. It says the same thing!  Am I missing something?  I tried it with and without inputting my e-mail.  VERY frustraiting!
I wonder how many people had the same problem today?  I would love to upvote Arts AMA.  AND the questions too. HEEELLP!

Wow. I signed up yesterday and was surprised to have had no problem at all. I wonder if maybe their servers are having trouble because of the extra traffic today?

aldousburbank

It's The Quickening!

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 14, 2015, 11:01:08 PM
It's even weirder, I saw it before and looked it up. It's called a "crown flash" and occurs when ice crystals align along magnetic fields when one type of cloud rises against another type. The searchlight effect happens as the crystals move like compass needless against the magnetic field and refract the sunlight. It's a very rare phenomenon and that guy was like 1 in ten million to get that on film.
Thanks, SciFi.  I know I've never seen anything like it.  Like something from the X-Files.

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on July 14, 2015, 11:01:03 PM
I haven't even been able to read much of the AMA. Had a major Windows 7 crash today, couldn't get it back up and had to switch over to an old computer. Main thing is I'm back up and able to get onto BellGab.

I notice somebody trying to deflect attention from themselves.  I suppose there is no way that you could be the one who reported Art, providing we believe your unlikely story about Windows crashing.  I mean, who ever heard of Windows just crashing for no reason?  ;D

Seriously, I hope your computer is up and working for Bella heaven tonight.