• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

I lied when I said that I had never been to reddit before.  I have.  And now that I went back, I recall why I quickly left.  What a convoluted, ridiculous, stupid place. 

Anyhow, I am now a member, and await upvoting instructions from the mission commander...

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 07:41:47 PM
BellGabbers!

Please meet at UFOSHIP.COM chat at 5:45 ET/2:45 PT for a strategy chat for Art's AMA.

We will also be posting the link to Reddit once it's available. 

Also, we will post basic instructions on how to use the Reddit thread...

Jimmy Chunga and I started Reddit several years back, so I can direct all the newbies through it!

(ps...there is an experienced support team on call to answer any questions you may have.)

Chefist...

novat0

Coast trying to counter Art's announcement by announcing a new science advisor... I'm sure that'll work.

chefist

Quote from: novat0 on July 13, 2015, 08:17:23 PM
Coast trying to counter Art's announcement by announcing a new science advisor... I'm sure that'll work.
Nothing gets past Chef Boulud!

spellerine

I bet it'll be this guy:

Numbers lady?

Art Bell

Ok I got the call and it's good news but can't talk about it till Tomorrow!

Art

Zenman

Quote from: Freyja on July 13, 2015, 05:35:48 PM

Hey BellGabbers :wave: ...long time lurker and my first post.

Not sure if THIS is the big news, however it's pretty big..huge market and first Canadian affiliate!!!!

Canada: Toronto, ONT â€" CFRB 1010 AM
http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Art/Keith had posted this a few weeks ago and then it disappeared. Art actually was really excited about this station when it was first mentioned and now it looks like perhaps they have now confirmed??

I have been watching regularly since I live in this market.

If this is not the great news....it still is great news.

Congrats Art & Keith for getting millions of "tasty Canadians"!!  :)

Hi Freyja, welcome to the madness. I just got in and am in the process of catching up. I just got to your post and have about 2 pages to go, I think. And that's only in this thread. I have hit THE big news yet I don't think, but there's plenty of other big news as it is so far. 
Hail Funyun!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on July 13, 2015, 08:24:10 PM

Art
Ouch!

chefist

Art

You got that radio tease down pat, sir!

b_dubb

Art

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 08:25:38 PMYou got that radio tease down pat, sir!

He has us by the brain stems!  That's dirty pool sir!

Did they ever explain why they need a new one?

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 13, 2015, 08:23:04 PM
Numbers lady?

Perhaps Morgus*.

He was into Science wasn't he?

Here he is giving Noory the lobotomy.

* not the BellGab poster Morgus. He's cool.

Zenman

Quote from: jazmunda on July 13, 2015, 05:54:33 PM
Spoiler Alert; Dave still sucks.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Lol. Still have 3 more pages. They're posting faster than I can read, Jaz!

Where's Evelyn Wood when you need her??

spellerine

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 13, 2015, 08:27:36 PM
Did they ever explain why they need a new one?

"He's winding down folks, winding down..."

jazmunda

Art

Aww. C'mon Art you know we won't tell.  ;D

Zenman

I believe I found the big news!:  Canada: Toronto, ONT â€" CFRB 1010 AM Mega-Watt Station!

Cool!   Still reading, and hoping Evelyn posts..

WOTR

Art
Did you say hi to Knapp for me?

Hog

Quote from: Freyja on July 13, 2015, 05:35:48 PM

Hey BellGabbers :wave: ...long time lurker and my first post.

Not sure if THIS is the big news, however it's pretty big..huge market and first Canadian affiliate!!!!

Canada: Toronto, ONT â€" CFRB 1010 AM
http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Art/Keith had posted this a few weeks ago and then it disappeared. Art actually was really excited about this station when it was first mentioned and now it looks like perhaps they have now confirmed??

I have been watching regularly since I live in this market.

If this is not the great news....it still is great news.

Congrats Art & Keith for getting millions of "tasty Canadians"!!  :)
Yes, looks like a little effort pays off in the end.

Tasty, very tasty.

novat0

Quote from: spellerine on July 13, 2015, 08:22:43 PM
I bet it'll be this guy:

That's right in line with the type of credentialed expertise we've come to expect from Coast.

GravitySucks

Art

It is tomorrow somewhere...

Hog

Quote from: Hog on July 13, 2015, 08:40:17 PM
Yes, looks like a little effort pays off in the end.

Tasty, very tasty.
So CFRB 1010  Toronto will have to shut down their streaming when MITD is being broadcast?

Zenman

Aha. Big news not till tomorrow. Okay.

Almost there. Breathing hard.....

Zenman

Done!  Where's my funyun??

nika01

Clandestinely obtained photo of new Advisor.

inuk2600

Quote from: Hog on July 13, 2015, 08:45:05 PM
So CFRB 1010  Toronto will have to shut down their streaming when MITD is being broadcast?

Why would they need to do that?

Queen

Art

An hour an 6 mins it will be tomorrow on the east coast hehe

Hog

Quote from: inuk2600 on July 13, 2015, 08:52:50 PM

Why would they need to do that?

See number 3.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Terrestrial Affiliates Inquire Here

Posted on May 29, 2015 in Radio Show | 9257 Views | Leave a response

Thanks for your interest in carrying Art Bell on your radio station. We will not be allowing Internet Only stations to carry our program as this would affect our music licensing and also influence our listener numbers reporting. If you are a real AM or FM terrestrial station, read on.

To be considered for becoming an affiliate of Midnight In The Desert, starring Art Bell, as broadcasted by the Dark Matter Digital Network, you must agree to the following terms.

1. You must carry the entire 3 hour show. From the top through 2 hours and 58 minutes. Keep in mind we are up to 30-seconds delayed from real-time, our servers have built-in buffers and we also add an additional 7-second delay for editing purposes.

2. No replay or archiving of our shows is allowed. We need to protect our membership subscription model.

3. You must have your own blanket licensing for commercial music in your country. We cannot allow relay streaming of our show, as that will incur additional music licensing cost. You won’t be covered by our license. If you’re streaming to the Internet you must turn it off during our broadcast.

4. You are allowed (but not required) to cover our feed with two 2-minute breaks each at the :58 and 1:58 breaks (end of the first and second hours). So it’s 4 minutes of your local ads over ours. Of course at 2:58 mark the show is over. Again adjust for streaming server buffer delays. There will be adequate bumper music into and out of the break for you to adjust your automation timings.

5. Otherwise you must carry all our other breaks, which will be floating anyway. So for automation purposes, you can insert your ads at those two fixed times/hard breaks. Your commercials should be appropriate for our programming.

6. We will try to enforce market exclusivity on a first come, first served basis. We would of course favor larger stations.

7. You must receive our program feed from our hi-quality AAC streaming server (not MP3).  You should use a dedicated computer (with nothing else running including background tasks like Windows update) using an appropriate player that receives AAC or a hardware device like the CC-Wifi radio, hardwired into your network. Do not use Wifi (but you knew that).

When applying for affiliate status, please acknowledge that you agree to these terms, include your geographical market area, your operating frequency and call letters of course and send this to affiliates@artbell.com .

Once reviewed, we’ll give you approval status. We may revoke your affiliate status at any time, should you fail to meet these requirements. You’ll be listed on an affiliates page at ArtBell.com with your city and state.

Thank you for your inquiry.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unless I am misunderstanding something, streaming must be shut down.

boxman

@Hog
From what I have understood this only is a issue when it comes to internet ONLY stations. From what I understood having a stream is perfectly fine as long as they are also on the airwaves.
Edit: nm.. Should have read the part you highlighted... Kinda find that odd since earlier comments by Art suggested to me that streaming was ok.