• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Quote from: comaphobe on March 02, 2017, 07:17:57 AM
Hope you're all good, the best thing about RCH and his OSOM fake radio one man discussion show was chatting in here. You people are real, Richard is not. There is nothing worse than insincerity.

I have been really busy with work this winter but still like to chat on here.

Thanks.  I agree with you. The feeling is mutual.  I miss the chats.  It was the 'after party' so to speak.  Hopefully we'll get it back in some form, one way or another.  Cheers man!  8)

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on March 02, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
Thanks.  I agree with you. The feeling is mutual.  I miss the chats.  It was the 'after party' so to speak.  Hopefully, we'll get it back in some form, one way or another.  Cheers man!  8)
Yes.  You are so right.  I miss the regular chatters here.  Ironically, it's one of the few threads where genuine BellGabbers could gather with very few wankers messing it up every night.  Good folks here, indeed. :-*

Ciardelo

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 02, 2017, 12:58:01 PM
Yes.  You are so right.  I miss the regular chatters here.  Ironically, it's one of the few threads where genuine BellGabbers could gather with very few wankers messing it up every night.  Good folks here, indeed. :-*

+1  :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on March 02, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
Thanks.  I agree with you. The feeling is mutual.  I miss the chats.  It was the 'after party' so to speak.  Hopefully we'll get it back in some form, one way or another.  Cheers man!  8)

We sorta need a radio show from Hoagland though lol.

zeebo

Quote from: comaphobe on March 02, 2017, 07:17:57 AM
...Not one sincere status update the entire time. Just the ain't seen nuthin' yet! shit. The behavior is bizarre and weird. Is he a junkie? A chronic history of being a no show for work 2-3 times a week, and the goofball works out of his house. 

Maybe he's on some kind of "spirit quest" out there in the NM desert, staring at cactus geometries, looking for "connections".  Or he could just be sitting on the couch all day, enjoying Robin's "homeopathic/herbal preparations", watching cable news and incubating "theories" of our current shared political/cultural context.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: zeebo on March 02, 2017, 02:10:36 PM
Maybe he's on some kind of "spirit quest" out there in the NM desert,

The only "quest" Hoagie is on is to see how long he can bilk the last sucker out of $5 a month for a nonexistent show which has been retitled "The Other Side of Fraud."  The Hoagster and M have a bet in that regard.  The one who picks the date closest to the final cancellation wins.  If M wins, she gets a (nonworking) Bulova Acutron watch.  If Hoagie wins, he gets his pick of the Magical Crystal bolas from the counter M runs at the local head shop.

starrmtn001

Quote from: PaulAtreides on March 02, 2017, 03:20:52 PM
The only "quest" Hoagie is on is to see how long he can bilk the last sucker out of $5 a month for a nonexistent show which has been retitled "The Other Side of Fraud."  The Hoagster and M have a bet in that regard.  The one who picks the date closest to the final cancellation wins.  If M wins, she gets a (nonworking) Bulova Acutron watch.  If Hoagie wins, he gets his pick of the Magical Crystal bolas from the counter M runs at the local head shop.
The mineral or the kind that dissolves in water?

Lunger

Quote from: s1alker on March 02, 2017, 11:28:45 AM
Personally I don't think he is coming back. He probably wasn't making anything off the show and figured it was not worth the time and effort.

No.  No.  No....  Hoggie wouldn't mind the show not making and money for him as long as it was able to showcase his superior intellect.

zeebo

Folks let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves and remember the true innocents harmed by Hoagie's absence .... Robert Morningstar, Georgia Lambert, and Keith Laney.  They didn't deserve to be left twisting in the wind like this, fending for themselves, wondering when Hoagie will re-materialize and bring them back into his protective and nurturing sphere.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on March 03, 2017, 01:16:14 AM
Folks let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves and remember the true innocents harmed by Hoagie's absence .... Robert Morningstar, Georgia Lambert, and Keith Laney.  They didn't deserve to be left twisting in the wind like this, fending for themselves, wondering when Hoagie will re-materialize and bring them back into his protective and nurturing sphere.

And the Divine Miss M

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 03, 2017, 01:19:50 AM
And the Divine Miss M

Not to mention Michelle in Japan, who's taken to calling Noory in her desperation.  And poor Darren is still at a loss what to do next.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on March 03, 2017, 01:25:30 AM
Not to mention Michelle in Japan, who's taken to calling Noory in her desperation.  And poor Darren is still at a loss what to do next.

FRIKKIN Sandra!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on March 03, 2017, 01:16:14 AM

And let's not forget that Oberon wizard guy.

expat

<3 your permanent link to Liverpool FC on the bookmarks bar. Carry on!

Morgus

Hoagie could have at least used some of his guest hosts to fill in, in addition to the replays for the last months...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on March 03, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Hoagie could have at least used some of his guest hosts to fill in, in addition to the replays for the last months...

That would be too thoughtful toward all us useless eaters.  ;)

Zenman

Sandra is the only one around here who knows when to throw in the towel.

trostol

Quote from: expat on March 03, 2017, 04:45:47 PM
<3 your permanent link to Liverpool FC on the bookmarks bar. Carry on!

of course..even if they are blah the last few decades

Quote from: ShayP on March 03, 2017, 09:48:32 PM

get that crap outta here lol

Quote from: Zenman on March 03, 2017, 09:29:57 PM
Sandra is the only one around here who knows when to throw in the towel.

She will live on in our hearts though.

Quote from: Morgus on March 03, 2017, 08:58:43 PM

I find it to be such a shame that senpai Hoagie didn't have Michelle from Japan take over. She *is* the Heather to Hoagie's Art.

trostol

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 03, 2017, 09:03:59 PM
TROSTOL!!!  What have you done to yourself? :o   :'(

just taking a break from one mentor to another..Ron Swanson is a man among men

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 01:49:07 PM
just taking a break from one mentor to another..Ron Swanson is a man among men
Of course.  I have no right to try to influence your choice of avatars.  I'll just have to get used to it. :-\