• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2017, 06:44:02 PM
Thanks! So, you're saying you don't think it's possible for white people to have an organization that promotes their advancement in the world without being racist or having a racist agenda?  ???

Like the Freemasons? Or Golf clubs aplenty?

GravitySucks

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 06:32:47 PM
In the 70s, my parents used to take us kids for our annual 2 week vacation camping on the St. Lawrence Seaway near Massena. We used to take some day trips(Dad spent most of the day relaxing away from us kids out on the boat fishing!). I don't remember  going to Plattsburgh, but do remember  going to Ausable Chasm - I still have the teacup that my mom bought as a souvenir of our trip!

As to Trump being racist, who knows for sure? If Trump was on BellGab, he would be one of the biggest trolls, with lots of shitposting just to stir the pot. He is an attention whore and thrives on  flaming controversy.

Last time I speak of Trump tonight. Look at Mar Lago. It was a segregated club until he bought it. The biggest complaint I had against him was that he let Bill Clinton golf for free in NY.

I loved Ausable Chasm. I spent a lot of time hiking there and snow shoeing there when they were closed for the season. I never took the ride down on the boat connected to the cable.

My first trip there I jumped the fence in May and hiked/climbed the whole thing to where it started to open hp down by the lake. Since noone was around, I stripped down and dove in. There are nail marks in the rocks from me trying to get out. I had only been in water that cold once in my life and it was a time I fell through the ice playing hockey.

Later I explored a lot of the Ausable River, all the way up through Wilmington Notch towards Lake Placid. There was an old covered bridge in Jay, NY where we would go swimming because they had some decent rapids and waterfalls that you could slide down. I guess somewhere along the line I got used to that cold water.

There was a place that was damned up by Schyler Falls where we would swim as well. They had a bridge that we would jump off of. I enjoyed my time up there especially backpacking in Vermont.

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on September 24, 2017, 06:23:22 PM
Hey TL, I'll take that left over big sloppy kiss if no one else claims it.  :-*

Very happy to oblige  :-* . But always keep protection handy. One sloppy kiss on its way

Mwah!  🌂🌂 💋💋💋🌂🌂

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 24, 2017, 06:55:49 PM

Like the Freemasons? Or Golf clubs aplenty?

Or the 2016 democratic presidential candidates?

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 01:03:13 PM
You're making my point for me. The NFL management and owners are supporting freedom of speech. Trump doesn't ...

Actually, your point was their disrespect for the country is covered under the First Amemdment.  It isn't  Its being allowed by the league and the owners

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 07:13:03 PM
Very happy to oblige  :-* . But always keep protection handy. One sloppy kiss on its way

Mwah!  🌂🌂 💋💋💋🌂🌂

Wow!  :-*  And I didn't even have to say anything negative about FoxNews!  :D

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 24, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
Thing is, it's a base numbers game like the nonsense over statues.  He seizes every opportunity to paint his opponents as un-American...

And I agree with him.  This on going avalanche of filth, accusing him of colluding with Russia with zero evidence, accusing him of racism no matter what he says or does, IS Unamerican.  It's unprecented and well beyond acceptable political norms.  Why would anyone think this disgusting behavior is ok? 

I remember people asking Obama to prove he was born in the US when the question came up being savaged as ''Unamerican'', by the same people now trying to overturn the results of an election.  At least with that there was a legitimate question, which could have been easily answered

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 07:33:43 PM
Actually, your point was their disrespect for the country is covered under the First Amemdment.  It isn't  Its being allowed by the league and the owners

How so? Disrespect is a little too subjective. One man's criticism might be another's disrespect. I think he has the right to protest if he wants but everyone else has free speech too, including the fans, the owners and the president.

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 01:37:26 PM
Nope. Nobody will sign him. He got one offer for the league minimum and his GF made him turn it down and then started this whole social justice warrior campaign about the racism in the league...

I don't believe ''Kap'' ever got an offer.  The Ravens were going to sign him, but before they could his gf insulted them in a tweet.

The League understands they don't want to drive business away, and didn't want him on their team.  But they didn't want to ''offend'' the black fans that support players insulting the country, so they kept quiet when other players started doing it, hoping it would go away.  It was cowardly, and of course didn't work.

Now they have a mess on their hands.  Many of the people who buy tickets and make up most of the audience don't like it.  We'll see what happens.  I personally hope the league folds, but I'm an optimist.

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 01:54:58 PM
So perhaps to help resolve this matter Black athletes should go to their own universities instead of "our universities"?...

You, Lt Uhura, and Tiger Lily simply cannot be as dumb as you seem. 

Have you not heard about our universities - nearly all of them?  They've been taken over by the 60s kook radicals.  They don't teach much history, except to attack our country, our Founding Fathers, the Framers of the Constitution, and the rest of our history.  Got it?  Does that resolve this for you now?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 07:54:37 PM

Have you not heard about our universities - nearly all of them?  They've been taken over by the 60s kook radicals.  They don't teach much history, except to attack our country, our Founding Fathers, the Framers of the Constitution, and the rest of our history.  Got it?  Does that resolve this for you now?

I still like some of those 60s kook radicals (Aldous will give me an amen) and think they actually had some things in common with the founders. I'm just not crazy about the ones who were bombing and advocating violence like the ones the Clintons got mixed up with.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 07:13:03 PM

Mwah!  🌂🌂 💋💋💋🌂🌂

I'm an equal opportunity sloppy kisser

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 04:24:41 PM
I think there already is a National Association for the Advancement of White People; it goes by the initials KKK...

Like I said, dumb.  Hating and attacking blacks isn't the same as advancing the interests of white people.  It's just hating and attacking blacks.  By the way, the KKK was formed to harass blacks AND Republicans.  I guess it was meant to advance Democrats

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 04:24:41 PM
... I am white, grew up in a small town, predominantly Republican, in Western New York. I was taught in elementary school the Civil War was about Abraham Lincoln freeing the slaves from the evil plantation owners in the Confederate states. I just don't get why the flag of the losers who wanted to keep a racial group enslaved is something to be proudly revered and develop traditions around that are passed down from generation to generation.

Yes, you got the third grade version.

People were defending their states from nothern armies.  The war wasn't even about slavery until Lincoln began to lose public opinion and it appeared he was unlikely to win reelection.  That's when he made the Emancipation Proclaimation and freed the slaves.  And boosted his populaity.  The war was originally whether the southern states could leave the union or not, and that was about economics, and about domination in the federal government by the more populous North.

Their soldiers fought for their home, their cause - and it wasn't slavery.  They deserve to be honored.

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 07:54:37 PM

Perhaps you can show me a syllabus; list of required reading and recorded lectures. I prefer evidence to wild-eyed conjecture. And the source of your suppositions? Please show your work

And I get that anyone who doesn't share your groupthink is dumb. That's stupid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2017, 07:46:20 PM
How so? Disrespect is a little too subjective. One man's criticism might be another's disrespect. I think he has the right to protest if he wants but everyone else has free speech too, including the fans, the owners and the president.

One can show disrespect while exercising free speech.  I'm not sure why you think it's one or the other.

Yes, sitting or kneeling at a ballgame during the national anthem is being disrespectful.  Isn't that why they are doing it?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:12:12 PM
One can show disrespect while exercising free speech.  I'm not sure why you think it's one or the other.

Yes, sitting or kneeling at a ballgame during the national anthem is being disrespectful.  Isn't that why they are doing it?

I don't. You're the one who said that disrespect of the country isn't covered by the 1st amendment. So, I asked why you think it isn't.  ???

The best part of this is Trump wins.  None of his supporters are going to be turned off by his comments.  The other Republicns and Conservatives who voted for him because he was better than Hilary aren't going to now turn to the Democrats or Establishment Republicans, so no change there.

The NFL IS going to lose support, even if its just a small percentage of viewers and ticket buyers.  Look at what happens to any business that has even a small drop off in quarterly revenue - the investors go crazy and dump the stock. 

Even a 3-5% drop in viewers would panic the league and the owners.  Let's hope it's more than that - they deserve it for their cowardice.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2017, 08:17:27 PM
I don't. You're the one who said that disrespect of the country isn't covered by the 1st amendment. So, I asked why you think it isn't.  ???

She said their actions were covered by the First Amendment.  The First Amendment has no role as this is between employers and employees.  The Bill of Rights covers government intrusion and coercion, and that is not the issue here.

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:18:47 PM
The best part of this is Trump wins.  None of his supporters are going to be turned off by his comments.  The other Republicns and Conservatives who voted for him because he was better than Hilary aren't going to now turn to the Democrats or Establishment Republicans, so no change there.

The NFL IS going to lose support, even if its just a small percentage of viewers and ticket buyers.  Look at what happens to any business that has even a small drop off in quarterly revenue - the investors go crazy and dump the stock. 

Even a 3-5% drop in viewers would panic the league and the owners.  Let's hope it's more than that - they deserve it for their cowardice.

You mean he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you would still vote for him?
Are you going to reply to my last post?

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:12:12 PM

No, I don't agree, and no, that's not why they say they do it.

I'm going to leave you with this: I can think of at least five things to do that are more disrespectful than either sitting or kneeling, and I did all of them multiple times in second grade homeroom before finally getting sent to the principal--and that meeting resulted in a district-wide change to the Pledge of Allegiance policy.

I'm a big deal around these parts. Do not fuck with me.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:04:26 PM
By the way, the KKK was formed to harass blacks AND Republicans.

I remember it differently.

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 08:23:19 PM
You mean he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you would still vote for him?...

No, please try to focus.  I mean no one is going to go over to the other side based on his comments regarding the NFL or NBA

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 08:23:19 PM
... Are you going to reply to my last post?

I think you're in the same category as Pud in doing research and providing links.  Which is to say, it's pointless.

Quote from: Jackstar on September 24, 2017, 08:38:56 PM
No, I don't agree, and no, that's not why they say they do it.

I'm going to leave you with this: I can think of at least five things to do that are more disrespectful than either sitting or kneeling, and I did all of them multiple times in second grade homeroom before finally getting sent to the principal--and that meeting resulted in a district-wide change to the Pledge of Allegiance policy.

I'm a big deal around these parts. Do not fuck with me.

Sitting during the National Anthem is disrespectul.  Regardless of why it's done.  Regardless of why they say they are doing it.  Maybe if I said the same thing about burning the flag you'd get it... Perhaps not.  ''Hey, we're burning the flag, but it's really about the post game meal''

That you can find things more disrespectful does not mean this isn't.

Quote from: Jackstar on September 24, 2017, 08:42:41 PM
I remember it differently.

Republicans included hated carpetbaggers and those implementing Reconstruction in ways that often didn't favor the white southerners.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/kkk-founded   

''... a group of Confederate veterans convened to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population...

... Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively balanced, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests. In 1882, the U.S. Supreme Court declared the Ku Klux Act unconstitutional, but by that time Reconstruction had ended and the KKK had faded away.

The 20th century witnessed two revivals of the KKK...''

LadyFish

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:04:26 PM

Yes, you got the third grade version.

People were defending their states from nothern armies.  The war wasn't even about slavery until Lincoln began to lose public opinion and it appeared he was unlikely to win reelection.  That's when he made the Emancipation Proclaimation and freed the slaves.  And boosted his populaity.  The war was originally whether the southern states could leave the union or not, and that was about economics, and about domination in the federal government by the more populous North.

Their soldiers fought for their home, their cause - and it wasn't slavery.  They deserve to be honored.

I thought that the economy of the South was heavily dependent on the continuation of slavery and Confederate states ceded from the Union to protect that lifestyle. Silly me, I didn't realize the South would have just freed the slaves on their own accord.

If the Conferate soldiers, who fought against our Flag, deserve to be honored for fighting for their causes, shouldn't the athletes who are doing the knee thing for their causes be given some sort of consideration?

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:52:52 PM
''... a group of Confederate veterans convened to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to [...]''

So were you implying that it grew into the same thing it was founded as, or what?

Quote from: Jackstar on September 24, 2017, 08:38:56 PM
No, I don't agree, and no, that's not why they say they do it...

Well, Colon Kapernick stated "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color".  On the 4th of July this year he was in Ghana and tweeted the following:  ''How can we truly celebrate independence on a day that intentionally robbed our ancestors of theirs? To find my independence I went home'' (apparently to Ghana, he should have stayed there if that's how he feels)''. 

In other words regardless of what we have done as a country - from a civil war on - we shouldn't ever celerate the 4th of July.  Even people whose ancestors weren't even here yet.  Unless the Far Left takes over of course.

Whether a person agrees with him on any of this or not, whether they think he has a valid point or not, it IS disrespectful to the flag and to the country.  It's meant to be so - it's what he said.  If players say they are doing it for a different reason, that's not how it's being percieved because the message is already out.  But it's disrespectul no matter the reason anyway.

And it's perfectly valid for Donald Trump, or anyone else, to criticize that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem   

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-colin-kaepernick-in-ghana-tweets-about-finding-his-independence-on-july-4/ 

Quote from: Jackstar on September 24, 2017, 09:05:01 PM

So were you implying that it grew into the same thing it was founded as, or what?

I'm implying what I originally posted - it was formed to harass blacks AND Republicans.