• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Share Favorite Rituals You Have

Started by Artsy, February 14, 2013, 06:25:49 PM

Artsy

With it being Valentines day and St Patricks coming up I would like to say that I have both holiday and non-holiday rituals that I really enjoy.

For example, I must get a new green something to wear every year for St. Party's :) and also spend the day drinking grasshoppers ;) and on VD I always cook dinner for my present day bf (he brings the gifts :). which I will start in the next hour.

One I know really mis is getting into bed with Art Bell  :-*

BigDave

Quote from: Artsy on February 14, 2013, 06:25:49 PM
With it being Valentines day and St Patricks coming up I would like to say that I have both holiday and non-holiday rituals that I really enjoy.

For example, I must get a new green something to wear every year for St. Party's :) and also spend the day drinking grasshoppers ;) and on VD I always cook dinner for my present day bf, he brings the gifts :) . which I will start in the next hour.

When I was with My wife,I bought flowers and a card along with taking Her out to eat. I did the same on Her birthday and Our honeymoon. At least I'm saving a lot of money not having to do that

Artsy

I'm not sure if I should laugh but since you are saving money I'll risk it...
Haha

Artsy

This is no joke and I swear its true.  My last bf called himself big Dave.  Lol!

BigDave

Quote from: Artsy on February 14, 2013, 06:33:33 PM
This is no joke and I swear its true.  My last bf called himself big Dave.  Lol!

LOL!!! ;D I'm a big guy,picked up too much weight during my marriage(going on a big diet this spring starting in March). My Friends call Me Dave. Me and My wife just went through the motions on Valentines Day,Our marriage was really bad

Artsy

Quote from: BigDave on February 14, 2013, 06:34:24 PM

LOL!!! ;D I'm a big guy,picked up too much weight during my marriage(going on a big diet this spring starting in March). My Friends call Me Dave
Well here's a BIG HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you Dave.  Do something nice for yourself if you haven't already!  :D

BigDave

Quote from: Artsy on February 14, 2013, 06:38:04 PM
Well here's a BIG HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you Dave.  Do something nice for ourself if you haven't already!  :D

Thanks 8)

Juan

Every year for Lent, I give up slacking.  I remembered to make the pledge a day late this year.  Shows how well I do.

Artsy

That is so funny.  That's like I say a NY resolution does not count unless you start it B4 NY's day.  Other wise you've just started something.  Just doesn't count in my book  :)

Artsy

Gotta start dinner.  Happpppy VD and don't catch any!!!

When I return ill describe my New Year's Eve ritual.  Lol.

ShayP

I sit in front of a full length mirror and spit at my reflection.   :D

Quote from: ShayP on February 14, 2013, 07:21:47 PM

I would say yes.

Wouldn't that depend on when you did it? Is it still a ritual if you do it randomly?

McPhallus

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on February 14, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
Wouldn't that depend on when you did it? Is it still a ritual if you do it randomly?

Some follow a fairly predictable schedule.

Quote from: McPhallus on February 14, 2013, 07:41:08 PM
Some follow a fairly predictable schedule.

I guess you're right.   :'(   Thanks for taking all the romance and mystery out of it.

Would it be considered a holistic medicinal practice if you are using it for sleep therapy?  If so, is it still a ritual?

Eddie Coyle

I like to reeanact famous assassinations/attempts with a potato gun on unsuspecting neighbors.

Tonight, it was Laurel, Maryland, May 15, 1972. I was Artie Bremer, while some yuppie walking home from work became George Wallace. SPLAT!

I was going to give this hobby up for Lent. But instead I chose to not bathe or brush my teeth. So, business as usual I suppose.

ChewMouse

Sometimes I hide behind our bedroom door and call my dog. Then she comes running and pretends she can't find me and finally she jumps on the bed and I come out from behind the door and yell "Ah HA!" and scratch her all over, which she loves.

Tonight I did that but Annie never came. I didn't realize she was outside. But I was standing there hiding behind the door, just thinking about things, and you know how time passes. I was remembering stuff from high school.

So when my husband came down the hall calling my name, I didn't mentally translate "dog" to "husband" and I jumped out and he screamed like a nine-year old girl. He said, "What the hell are you doing?" and I said, "Playing with Robert" because I'd been thinking about this guy named Robert and my mouth didn't catch up with my brain fast enough.

I think my husband is afraid of me.

Every year at Christmas time I steal the spot someone has been waiting for at the mall

analog kid

Quote from: ChewMouse on February 14, 2013, 08:17:33 PM
Sometimes I hide behind our bedroom door and call my dog. Then she comes running and pretends she can't find me and finally she jumps on the bed and I come out from behind the door and yell "Ah HA!" and scratch her all over, which she loves.

Tonight I did that but Annie never came. I didn't realize she was outside. But I was standing there hiding behind the door, just thinking about things, and you know how time passes. I was remembering stuff from high school.

So when my husband came down the hall calling my name, I didn't mentally translate "dog" to "husband" and I jumped out and he screamed like a nine-year old girl. He said, "What the hell are you doing?" and I said, "Playing with Robert" because I'd been thinking about this guy named Robert and my mouth didn't catch up with my brain fast enough.

Haha. I like how she plays along with the ruse.

The General

best story ever.  you crack me up.

Eddie Coyle

Now that's Valentine's Day gift. Seeds of suspicion.

I'm often lost in thoughts like that. Thankfully my current social contacts are kept to a bare minimum so there's little of that cross contamination of past and present.

HorrorRetro

We do stuff like that too -- okay, I do it to my husband, dogs, and kid when she lived at home.  We call it scary love.  ;D 

Artsy

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 14, 2013, 08:32:40 PM
Every year at Christmas time I steal the spot someone has been waiting for at the mall
That is far too funny you evil boy!

Artsy

This is not only the best ritual story but it is an example of and only touches the tip of the iceberg about how many have rituals with their pets. 

My NYE has been the same for 10 years now where I've decided going out and or even staying home and getting shit faced is not how I want to spend my first day of the NY since the consequences of that eve B4 is not worth it. 

I buy, every year a bottle of Martini and Rossi Asti and a bottle of Freixenet, Cordon Negro, the black bottle, an apple chutney Brie or something similar and ritz crackers.  After a great light meal earlier, around 11:30, I start baking the Brie and about 11:45 I open both champagnes and double poor them for the perfect mix into a pair of gorgeous crystal champagne glasses of which I'm a collector.  It's a true ritual and I wake up feeling great on one of the most electrifyingly beautiful days of the year.

Artsy

Quote from: McPhallus on February 14, 2013, 07:09:20 PM
Does spanking the monkey count?
Sure it does if its a true ritual like every night at the same time you pull out the same dirty pics, big tits, whatever, jack off then fall TO SLEEP!

Dex

Quote from: Artsy on February 15, 2013, 10:27:53 PM
Sure it does if its a true ritual like every night at the same time you pull out the same dirty pics, big tits, whatever, jack off then fall TO SLEEP!
My boyfriend definitely uses this ritual when were not together.