• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I suspect my neighbor is stealing my mail....

Started by elbee, December 17, 2012, 06:08:05 AM

elbee

Hello everyone!

So just to set some background elements here -

I moved into a block of flats 8 months ago, within the first week as I was sitting at home (having been given the day off) the guy from upstairs opened the door and walked into my flat went into the bedroom - When I came to see WTF was going on, he turned and said, here is your mail - and handed me a spam mail not even addressed to me.  Then he walked out again.

Wierd... just lucky it was me not my wife home alone.

Anyway, since then, he has been making a lot of noise, walking round his flat (above mine) in heavy boots at 4 am etc. So I wrote him a polite note saying please keep it down.

Since then he has pushed past me in the hallway a few times which is quite rude -

Last week three parcels went missing, not of any massive value, about £5 each, so £15. I phoned the various couriers today and all say they were delivered, but with no signature taken.

Is it me being overly suspicious or is this guy stealing my mail?

What should I do?! :-\

ziznak

Oh well this is simple.  Rig up a pipebomb package addressed to you and leave it outside so he steals it and brings in upstairs and boom!  With enough shrapnel in the pipe you should have him either dead or significantly disfigured... you have very solid floors/ceilings right?

ok my bad nothing violent right?  There's a lot of really good webcam programs you can get that function using motion sensors.  I had a few rigged up in my old apartment just for shits n giggles... all I ever did with them was watch the cats flip out when I suddenly played loud music via a remote connection at work.  These could easily provide the proof you need as well as evidence for court... I think I'm not quite sure about how things work where you are.  You're in Europe somewhere right?

Juan

How did he get into your flat?  You don't lock the door?  Or is the layout of a flat different than a US apartment?

McPhallus

You need your own reality show, dude.  You never have a dull moment.

George49

What you should do is put all your bills in there next time. See if he'll pay them for you.

LacyWoodrow

He walked into your house? I'd call the cops! What if your wife WAS home, is the most important question you asked. You can never be too sure about this guy. He sounds very shady.

Pragmier

Quote from: McPhallus on December 17, 2012, 08:45:54 AM
You need your own reality show, dude.  You never have a dull moment.

Yeah for sure. Keep 'em coming LB!

Edit: Not making light of the situation btw. Back when I roomed with my brother, we had a neighbor vandalising our cars (minor stuff) because he didn't like us taking a particular guest spot. Video surveillance put a stop to it real quick and he wound up in front of a judge.

Jasmine

If this man entered your flat without your permission, that's trespassing, plain and simple. That incident in and of itself would have me yelling bloody murder and he would have been clobbered. And I agree, what if it was your wife who was home alone instead of you when that happened? You should contact the police and the landlord about this right away. Also, if he's deliberately pushing past you in the hall, that's assault. Mail theft is a serious crime, both here and abroad. Ziznak is correct; see if it's possible to set up a camera aimed at your mailbox.

elbee

Thanks for all your support people!

Yea, I am so frikin reclusive and shy (my parents are religious fanatics - I have been raised to be a pushover) the last thing I need is a tv show hahah

Maybe a movie of my life thus far, George could play me - we all know hes got the pecs with his PX90 sh*t!

Obviously if the guy just actually said something like "fuck you" to me I would give him teeth in a basket - but otherwise Im always second guessing myself, like "maybe Im paranoid (as mum tells me I am) and its all in my head"

He came INTO my flat, IE, opened the door and walked in, but this was 5 months ago or so - So now I just lock the door most of the time.

I wish I was more like my brother, he wouldnt take this crap!

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on December 17, 2012, 06:39:01 AM
Oh well this is simple.  Rig up a pipebomb package....

Instructions for disposing of Roadrunner -
1. Buy Acme Atomic Bomb-Making Kit...

nemec9

Hey elbee,give us an update..btw,do you suspect your upstairs neighbor maybe the real Mr Egofarts exacting his revenge..hmmm 8)

Falkie2013

Quote from: Lilly on January 02, 2013, 02:48:59 AM
This is so stupid.  Call the damn coppers and make a damn report!  Duh.

IF he is really stealing your mail, you might also contact your local postal inspector. Stealing mail is a Federal offense and they take a dim view of it.

Meanandnasty

1.  Post a picture of Noory on your front door, and write this is the real me.  He will never bother you again.