• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sign the petition to build a Death Star

Started by Juan, December 13, 2012, 03:21:41 PM

Juan

Yes, indeed, Star Wars fans, you, too, can help build a Death Star.  On the whitehouse.gov website, there is a petition to build the fearsome weapon by 2016. At this writing, almost 26,000 people have signed it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/secure-resources-and-funding-and-begin-construction-death-star-2016/wlfKzFkN

Maybe sNoory can get the originator on as a guest.

Jasmine

I just love it when rationally minded people band together for such a good and worthy cause. I wonder if Death Star USA will have a Starbucks, a Barnes and Noble, a Publix, and Popeye's Chicken?

Juan

If it has a Publix, it won't need a Popeye's - the Publix fried chicken is better.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jasmine on December 14, 2012, 02:41:30 PM
I just love it when rationally minded people band together for such a good and worthy cause. I wonder if Death Star USA will have a Starbucks, a Barnes and Noble, a Publix, and Popeye's Chicken?

Definitely Starbucks.  At least one on every corner of the Death Star.  You need a place for the Death Star yuppies and hipsters to congregate.

bifurcation

Couldn't we just convert Phobos into one? o_O

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jasmine on December 14, 2012, 02:41:30 PM

What evidence supports the idea they're rational?

By the way, I want a full size working Melenium Falcon.

stevesh

I signed the White House petition calling for ending the drug war and using the money saved to genetically engineer a race of domestic cat girls, but sadly, it expired before reaching the necessary number of signatures.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: stevesh on December 28, 2012, 12:20:40 PM
I signed the White House petition calling for ending the drug war and using the money saved to genetically engineer a race of domestic cat girls, but sadly, it expired before reaching the necessary number of signatures.

Michelle Pfeiffer shaped?  :)

Juan

The Obama Administration has replied:

The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:

The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We’re working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
    The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
    Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 13, 2013, 09:53:47 AM
The Obama Administration has replied:

The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:

The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We’re working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
    The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
    Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

Seem sound reasons not to build one to me; the cost alone is more than the $1000 that some were maybe envisaging.  :-\

Juan

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 13, 2013, 11:11:28 AM
Not a Keynesian economist, huh Yorkie?

Keynsie how many? I can't even pronounce it.

Mulvaney

Maybe if it had been called something else besides "Death Star."   Perhaps it should have been called the Planetary Protection Command Sphere or Niburu.