• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

SnapT

Hoagland sound strange to anyone tonight? Seems to be slurring his words a bit.

WOTR

Quote from: SnapT on November 09, 2019, 11:20:13 PM
Now seems like as good a time as any to wonder how he manages to broadcast this soon after his wife's death when other hosts... Well, never mind.

To answer your question- I did decide to tune in, and yes... Something sounds really "off" in his voice. It's been months since I have heard him- but he sounds a few degrees past "tipsy" on the drunk scale.

I'm waiting for him to tell the guest "I love you, man."  ;)

*On the bright side, he seems to be keeping much quieter than I recall is his usual style.

Morgus

Quote from: SnapT on November 09, 2019, 11:20:13 PM
Yeah he seems quieter compared to his guest and like he is very tired out or something?
Different from only a week ago...

albrecht

Last night's show not posted at blogtalkradio. No show tonight. Instead a replay of a "powerful classic" in honor of Veteran's Day.  Someone is hungover, I suspect. 

Sounded like he had a cold and was losing his voice, at least at the beginning.

Morgus

Looks like Hoagie got the flu:

QuoteWhile Richard is recovering from a virulent attack of the Flu last Saturday, we are offering this Groundbreaking Show
TONIGHT, SATURDAY
Thank you for understanding

expat

This just in...

« Yesterday, Richard went for a walk to get his mail and had a relapse… He can’t talk. We have to reschedule tonight's show. Please Hold Good Thoughts. »

chefist

Quote from: expat on November 23, 2019, 05:49:31 PM
This just in...

« Yesterday, Richard went for a walk to get his mail and had a relapse… He can’t talk. We have to reschedule tonight's show. Please Hold Good Thoughts. »

lol

Morgus

Quote from: expat on November 23, 2019, 05:49:31 PM
This just in...

I just saw that on the OSOM website, another weekend in a row RCH can't make it...
I wonder how far is his walk to get his mail?  8)

chefist

Quote from: Morgus on November 23, 2019, 08:39:45 PM
I just saw that on the OSOM website, another weekend in a row RCH can't make it...
I wonder how far is his walk to get his mail?  8)

Can I ask which shows this past year are worth a listen?

whoozit

I need to confess there was a time when I cancelled my MITD (with Art) subscription but was paying for Hoagie.  He was the larger animal at one point.  Those were the days.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on November 24, 2019, 04:57:09 PM
I need to confess there was a time when I cancelled my MITD (with Art) subscription but was paying for Hoagie.  He was the larger animal at one point.  Those were the days.
Too bad Hoagie isn't much more stable than Heater Wade.  He can be an entertaining old coot when he wants to be.

WOTR

Quote from: chefist on November 23, 2019, 08:47:52 PM
Can I ask which shows this past year are worth a listen?

You are free to ask...  ;)

*I don't know if anybody will actually have an answer. If there is anything worth listening to, you would then have to go out and find it somewhere (unless you are a club 19.5 member?)

expat

"Richard is still recovering from the Flu…
We regret, we need to reschedule tonight’s show. "

expat

Remember when Hoagland said, on C2C-AM, that the Norway Spiral was caused by Nazis in space intercepting the Russian missile as a warning to Obama?

Amazingly, that was TEN YEARS AGO. James Oberg has written a commemorative essay.

albrecht

Quote from: expat on December 04, 2019, 03:54:54 PM
Remember when Hoagland said, on C2C-AM, that the Norway Spiral was caused by Nazis in space intercepting the Russian missile as a warning to Obama?

Amazingly, that was TEN YEARS AGO. James Oberg has written a commemorative essay.
Ha! How time flies the torsion model twists the ether and distorts our perception of time due to quantum effects which can be measure with an old watch* (if one goes to ancient power centers.)  ;)
* hmmmm "was created by a Russian sub-launched ICBM, called 'Bulava'."

expat

Since I won't be able to listen to "Open Hailing Frequencies" live, I've sent this advance question to RCH:
==================
You have stated that NASA has an “obsessive, relentless”(1) urge to schedule events such as launches only when certain astrological conditions are met.

There were 135 Space Shuttle launches and, sadly, two fewer landings. Why is it that your published “Table of Coincidence”(2) lists only ONE of these 268 events as coincident? Why is even that one event self-disqualified per your stated criteria?(3)

1] “Dark Mission” 2nd edn. caption to Fig. 5-10
2] http://www.enterprisemission.com/table_of_coincidence.htm
3] “Dark Mission” 2nd edn. P.12 Enke and Mars not among the five stars that, per your criteria, must be at any of five elevations.

expat

I've now sent a follow-up question as follows:
==========================

In your published ‘Table of Coincidence’ you cite four pseudo-coincidences for the launch of STS-88:

1] Encke at -33° seen from Phoenix, 12/4/98 03:36
2] Mars at -3.33° seen from Phoenix, 12/4/98 03:36
3] Encke at 0° seen from the Apollo 12 landing site, 12/4/98 03:36
4] Encke at -19.5° seen from the Viking 1 landing site, 12/4/98 03:36

Richard, there are six  reasons why these observations do not support your contention that NASA likes to launch when any of 5 stars is at any of 5 elevations as seen from the launch or mission control site.

Encke is not one of the 5 stars you cite
Mars is not one of the 5 stars you cite
Phoenix has no connection to the STS-88 mission
Apollo 12 has no connection to the STS-88 mission
Viking 1 has no connection to the STS-88 mission

STS-88 launched 12/4/98 03:35:34. However its originally intended launch was 12/3/98 03:58:19. You have stated that the time to consider for these coincidences is the planned launch time, not the actual. You called it the “birthing” time.

In light of the above, do you think STS-88 should be eliminated from your tabulation, leaving NONE of the Space Shuttle events qualified per your stated criteria (“Dark Mission” 2nd edn. p.12)?

Quote from: expat on December 07, 2019, 02:53:13 PM
I've now sent a follow-up question as follows:
==========================

In your published ‘Table of Coincidence’ you cite four pseudo-coincidences for the launch of STS-88:

1] Encke at -33° seen from Phoenix, 12/4/98 03:36
2] Mars at -3.33° seen from Phoenix, 12/4/98 03:36
3] Encke at 0° seen from the Apollo 12 landing site, 12/4/98 03:36
4] Encke at -19.5° seen from the Viking 1 landing site, 12/4/98 03:36

Richard, there are six  reasons why these observations do not support your contention that NASA likes to launch when any of 5 stars is at any of 5 elevations as seen from the launch or mission control site.

Encke is not one of the 5 stars you cite
Mars is not one of the 5 stars you cite
Phoenix has no connection to the STS-88 mission
Apollo 12 has no connection to the STS-88 mission
Viking 1 has no connection to the STS-88 mission

STS-88 launched 12/4/98 03:35:34. However its originally intended launch was 12/3/98 03:58:19. You have stated that the time to consider for these coincidences is the planned launch time, not the actual. You called it the “birthing” time.

In light of the above, do you think STS-88 should be eliminated from your tabulation, leaving NONE of the Space Shuttle events qualified per your stated criteria (“Dark Mission” 2nd edn. p.12)?

https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/SearchPhotos/photo.pl?mission=STS088&roll=724&frame=70

Spacecraft nadir point: 23.5° S, 14.0° E
Photo center point: São Tomé and Príncipe
Nadir to Photo Center: Northwest
Spacecraft Altitude: 214 nautical miles (396km)

https://youtu.be/2C1ChfKxIeI

Patterick went through the trouble to comment on what was too, much trouble for him to post.

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2019/12/questions-for-richard-hoagland.html
[excerpt]
consideration, do you still believe that NASA is "obsessive, relentless" about this?

=======================/ \======================
1] “Dark Mission” 2nd edn. caption to Fig. 5-10
2] “Dark Mission” 2nd edn. p.12. The stars are Sirius, Regulus, and the belt stars of Orion. The elevations are -33°, -19.5°, 0°, +19.5°, and +33°, as seen from the launch or mission control site.

at 1:15 PM

Labels: hoagland errors
1 comment:

expat said...
Utterly irrelevant comment from Theadora disallowed

December 7, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Morgus

Hoagie's website has another message:

QuoteWe deeply regret…life happens!
Richard lives in a 40-year-old house with electrical problems.
Everything was set to go yesterday and today some hidden GF has crashed and there is no power in his office. He spent the day looking for the source of the problem but now the light has gone and he cannot see where the problem is.
Our apologies, we need to postpone tonight’s show.

=Schlyder=

LOL now electrical issues.  Just give up doing live shows altogether. Do Youtube vlogs with your guests. You can do them when you are sober/prepared/when your shit works....and quit giving out bullshit excuses why you can't do your show live.  That's just pathetic. 

expat

Mathematical incompetence
-------------------------------
I'd like to ask him about this, too, but he's made it plain in the past that he won't take questions on it.

The red line from Berlin to São Tomé and Príncipe, aligns with the coordinates at Antarctica.  This would suggest, Space NAZIS! 

Nice exposed little mountain top down there.  What a fortuitous coincidence.

Quote from: =Schlyder= on December 08, 2019, 01:39:37 AM
LOL now electrical issues.  Just give up doing live shows altogether. Do Youtube vlogs with your guests. You can do them when you are sober/prepared/when your shit works....and quit giving out bullshit excuses why you can't do your show live.  That's just pathetic.

Scorn for those less fortunate than yourself is bigotry.  That's like how so many do gooders pat themselves on the back for serving the homeless.  However, it's a cruel joke to feed nothing butt beans to a man who hasn't got a pot to piss in.  Public restrooms are locked up at night, and everybody complains about how the homeless are always crapping in doorways.  If you can't resist listening to that Dick Hoagland's radio show, then maybe you ought to pay the poor bastard, so that he can afford to maintain a professional work environment, and have a decent roof over his head.

Seriously, those damned Space NAZIS, do have quite an ornate sense of style, to have designed their Spaceship to resemble a Romulan Warbird.

Quote from: expat on December 08, 2019, 11:27:37 AM
Mathematical incompetence
-------------------------------
I'd like to ask him about this, too, but he's made it plain in the past that he won't take questions on it.

Hoagland misses the point, irrespective of math.  It's not about anti-gravity, rather it's about utilizing gravity drive for power. 

Consider the Moon's pull on Oceans to create tides which become waves as seawater encounters the reef.  The water forms the shape of a barrel on it's side, rolling towards shore.  The larger the barrel, the higher the wave, and the farther the water has to drop.  Gravity moves the water forward and drops it down.  The higher the wave, the greater the mass and the heavier the dropping weight. 

We tend to take gravity for granted, yet learning to walk is a big deal for baby and parents.  If we alter the way we walk so as not to fight against gravity, but instead drop our weight and shift if forward, the resulting force pulls our body in the direction of the shift.  We use no more muscle than it takes to point a finger towards the bus stop down the street.

On speedy approach to the stop sign, you hit the brake and the groceries on the passenger seat, smack the windshield.  The wave tosses a log hundreds of feet to hit the beachcomber in the head and knock him dead.

https://youtu.be/5Vwb3kPwGn4

Fah Jing
https://youtu.be/sw0EnEietDU?t=65