• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Guests you won't listen to

Started by Daggit, December 12, 2014, 02:49:18 PM

laserjock

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 17, 2014, 12:24:57 AM
It's a shame how the rich have suffered under Obama "Marxist" regime.

Hear Hear, the poor poor Kochs and Waltons, how they are suffering!

Who

Alex Jones
Richard C. Hoagland.  Any guest who predicts doom and gloom.

Note to George Noory:  The late Walter  Cronkite made it known he did NOT want his name associated with Richard C. Hoagland.  Why not show a little respect for Mr. Cronkite and STOP introducing Hoagland as "former science adviser to Walter Cronkite?"

From what I have been able to find, Hoagland was part of a group who did some work for CBS but it's not like Hoagland personally advised Cronkite.

Who

Quote from: wr250 on December 21, 2014, 07:21:40 AM
bob larson

Definitely.  This guy is a radio/TV huckster from way back.  A real fraud.  I remember seeing him on one of the daytime TV talk shows a few years ago with some high school girls he had taught to perform exorcisms.

expat

Quote from: Doctor Who on December 21, 2014, 07:17:06 AM
From what I have been able to find, Hoagland was part of a group who did some work for CBS but it's not like Hoagland personally advised Cronkite.

You are correct. As I posted over on the Noory side, he was one of four consultants to the Apollo production team. The others were
Lindy Davis, who probably isn't the same Lindy Davis who's a professional criminal...
Charles Friedlander, an expert on mental health , who later served time on charges of pedophilia...
G Harry Stine, a model rocket enthusiast and SciFi writer.

DanTSX

Quote from: expat on December 21, 2014, 09:19:31 AM
You are correct. As I posted over on the Noory side, he was one of four consultants to the Apollo production team. The others were
Lindy Davis, who probably isn't the same Lindy Davis who's a professional criminal...
Charles Friedlander, an expert on mental health , who later served time on charges of pedophilia...
So you are saying that RCH was the most qualified on the team? ;D

If only we could send RCH to the moon......

wr250

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 12:02:41 PM
So you are saying that RCH was the most qualified on the team? ;D

If only we could send RCH to the moon......
his hair would still be perfect

albrecht

Quote from: laserjock on December 21, 2014, 12:41:57 AM
Alex Jones and his disciples, they are bound and determined to undermine reasoned thinking in America.

The Celeste guy and the other faux economists who only yammer on about doom and gloom.  Fear is big business, you know.

But one guest I love is that David Blume, the ethanol guy, he might be an idealist, but it's people like him that build the economy and create new jobs.  His overdue for an appearance.
John Hogue. Maybe once back with Art he was nominally ok but I can't stand the guy, especially as his, and Nostradamus predictions aren't true (or are so vague that anything that happens "proves" his predictions correct.) But with Norry the guy is positively awful. Keep your quantrains and please don't come back on the air.

Daggit

The way RCH talks about the Cronkite days you'd think he was there sitting on his lap during the moon landing.

DanTSX

Quote from: Daggit on December 24, 2014, 05:56:36 AM
The way RCH talks about the Cronkite days you'd think he was there sitting on his lap during the moon landing.
he was making him talk with his hand up his arse like a muppet

DanTSX

Adding gerald Celente to the list.....

As a classically trained Economist, his methodology is nails on a chalkboard.

Daggit

Quote from: DanTSX on December 26, 2014, 11:52:55 AM
he was making him talk with his hand up his arse like a muppet

RCH does look like a Muppet so it makes sense.

Gassy Man

Scott Stevens now.  Why does he whisper dramatically rather than just talk?

albrecht

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 28, 2014, 12:59:46 AM
Scott Stevens now.  Why does he whisper dramatically rather than just talk?
Because he doesn't want "them" to over-hear the private conversation. If "they" knew he was telling you about the secret government/industrial/military chemtrail project "they" would take you both out by an accident- or just chemtrail your area worse than they already are for a "soft-killing" of you.

bsbishop

I'd say this:

Anytime Noory is on I turn the radio off. Hell, most of the time I think, "Oh, it's a weeknight, thus Noory, thus, don't listen!"

Noory will ruin any interview, even if it's of the guy/gal you're interested in hearing.

So, after that you have the regular suspects:
- Linda Moulton Howe
- Richard C. Hoagland
- Joshua P. Warren
- "Numbers lady"
- Any new age person
- Any financial person
- Any doomsayer

They all suck. I used to like LMH, RCH, and JPW but they all just babble nonsense.

If David Paulides is on (his stories still creep me out but, even then, it's a bit borderline), and Noory isn't hosting, then I'll listen. That's about it at this point.

C2CAM has been ruined by Noory and Clear Channel. It just sucks, each and every night, now.

albrecht

Quote from: bsbishop on January 07, 2015, 05:56:49 PM
I'd say this:

Anytime Noory is on I turn the radio off. Hell, most of the time I think, "Oh, it's a weeknight, thus Noory, thus, don't listen!"

Noory will ruin any interview, even if it's of the guy/gal you're interested in hearing.

So, after that you have the regular suspects:
- Linda Moulton Howe
- Richard C. Hoagland
- Joshua P. Warren
- "Numbers lady"
- Any new age person
- Any financial person
- Any doomsayer

They all suck. I used to like LMH, RCH, and JPW but they all just babble nonsense.

If David Paulides is on (his stories still creep me out but, even then, it's a bit borderline), and Noory isn't hosting, then I'll listen. That's about it at this point.

C2CAM has been ruined by Noory and Clear Channel. It just sucks, each and every night, now.
The most 'ironical' thing is that Clear Channel changed the name to "IHeartMedia, Inc." when they are the most responsible for radio, and C2C, sucking now.

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2015, 06:01:21 PM
The most 'ironical' thing is that Clear Channel changed the name to "IHeartMedia, Inc." when they are the most responsible for radio, and C2C, sucking now.

Clear Channel should have changed its name to something more accurate. Like "IKilledRadio."

Eddie Coyle

The bloated, balding Texas con man.

Be more specific, you say?

Alex Jones.

3OctaveFart

Did anyone ever get the impression that George secretly (or not-so-secretly) has the hots for Linda Moulton Howe?

Zetaspeak

I would say the pro NRA guys are my most unlistenable guests. I think the timing of these guys getting on makes it worse. They always come on after a national tragedy and they almost seem to be blaming the victims. Then they go into spin for themselves and somehow make themselves the victims. Remember all within 24 hours of real tragedy happening.

Global Warming deniers. With the first sign of snowfall, here they come. Of course we get the obligatory Noory logic of "It snowed in blank, so therefore there must not be Global Warming". Will talk about scientist conflict of interest but will act like they don't have their own. They also seem to contradict themselves a lot throughout the episode and with Noory not giving any tough questions and just agreeing with everything, sounds more like an infomercial than anything else.

Numbers lady makes me turn off the radio automatically, I don't find her as offensive as others. She just seems so gibberish . When she start taking open lines and doing personal numbers, it might  be the most unlistenable radio that you can do. I remember Steve Quayle getting on my nerves also.

I am so conflicted with LM Howe. I like her content, I like her. You can tell she works really hard and takes it seriously. But it so hard to sit through her shows because of her monotone voice.

Juan Cena

Quote from: expat on December 21, 2014, 09:19:31 AM

I used to read Stine's articles in Analog, along with the novel "Manna" which he wrote under the psuenonym Lee Corey. Pretty libertarian guy whose ideas about deregulated capitalism haven't quite worked out as he would have wished.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 11, 2015, 01:51:20 AM
I would say the pro NRA guys are my most unlistenable guests. I think the timing of these guys getting on makes it worse. They always come on after a national tragedy and they almost seem to be blaming the victims. Then they go into spin for themselves and somehow make themselves the victims. Remember all within 24 hours of real tragedy happening.

Global Warming deniers. With the first sign of snowfall, here they come. Of course we get the obligatory Noory logic of "It snowed in blank, so therefore there must not be Global Warming". Will talk about scientist conflict of interest but will act like they don't have their own. They also seem to contradict themselves a lot throughout the episode and with Noory not giving any tough questions and just agreeing with everything, sounds more like an infomercial than anything else.

Numbers lady makes me turn off the radio automatically, I don't find her as offensive as others. She just seems so gibberish . When she start taking open lines and doing personal numbers, it might  be the most unlistenable radio that you can do. I remember Steve Quayle getting on my nerves also.

I am so conflicted with LM Howe. I like her content, I like her. You can tell she works really hard and takes it seriously. But it so hard to sit through her shows because of her monotone voice.

I used to like LMH's appearances on C2C, but now she just seems to cover the same things over and over again (I.e. cattle mutilations, strange lights and noises that could be UFOs, etc)

It's indicative of the UFO/psuedoscience community in recent years. There's not been much new being investigated. David Paulides' research might be the only almost new idea, but even that's getting old.

yumyumtree

Richard C. Hoagland, but he's been conspicuous in his absence lately. I don't actually turn the radio off, just read a book or something.

He did win an Ig, though.  I have never heard this mentioned on Coast.

Oh, yes, the numbers lady.  All that perkiness--I have a hard time with that, plus the dopey content.  I guess she knew the Seahawks would lose, though.

Quote from: Juan Cena on January 13, 2015, 12:59:46 AM
I used to like LMH's appearances on C2C, but now she just seems to cover the same things over and over again (I.e. cattle mutilations, strange lights and noises that could be UFOs, etc)

That is all she has ever done. I was tired of it 20 years ago, after the first 10 times I heard it on Dreamland/C2C.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 08, 2015, 04:30:02 PM
   The bloated, balding Texas con man.

Be more specific, you say?

Alex Jones.

He was just hocking product on a coast commercial

nextgen.fm

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 11, 2015, 10:03:25 AM
That is all she has ever done. I was tired of it 20 years ago, after the first 10 times I heard it on Dreamland/C2C.

Sometimes I think she just repeated same ones!!

Juan Cena

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 11, 2015, 10:03:25 AM

I like LMH better when she talks more about environmental stuff like decline bee or frog populations. I started listening to Art around '96. Back then there was actually more of an apocalyptic feel of the show than Snorry's survivalist spankers usually have now.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on February 18, 2015, 03:59:07 AM
I like LMH better when she talks more about environmental stuff like decline bee or frog populations. I started listening to Art around '96. Back then there was actually more of an apocalyptic feel of the show than Snorry's survivalist spankers usually have now.
Yeah, the "apocalypse now" we get on C2C is just the NWO, government, Illuminati stuff. Ho hum. Back in Art's day it was everything! Super-storms, major earthquakes, floods, Planet-X, NWO, Biblical apocalypse, environmental collapse, super infections, poisoned waters, global warming, HAARP, mass extinctions, and even animals going crazy, etc. It seems like only LMH is concerned with the environment these days (except the "chemtrail" guys but they seem to be going more of a "government out to get us via metal spraying and mind-control" direction.)

jjsmooth

Quote from: Daggit on December 12, 2014, 02:49:18 PM
Are there any guests you simply won't listen to? 

General Johnson Jameson. That dude is bat-shit crazy.