• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

2012 - Mayans - The Calendar - End of the World - Blah blah...

Started by Camazotz Automat, April 09, 2008, 01:44:37 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: IvannZ on May 03, 2012, 10:45:02 AM
The guest the other night who talked about the Coming Cataclysms has put the 2012 issue into a new light. Basically he said an alien race came to warn the world with a crop circle formation of an object coming into the solar system that will either plow into the Sun or disrupt it to an extent that will cause massive damage on Earth. It was one of the most engaging Coast shows I ever heard and makes me think that we are in for some strange things to happen to the world in December or beyond as he predicted. Did you hear the show? What do you think about this date this year? Its getting close. The world may not be the same soon enough...
This was the guy with the book Apocalypse 2012?

Quote from: themudking on April 03, 2010, 07:09:24 PM
YES DOOM:   

because if nothing happens I have bought all these non-hybrid survival seeds and a bunch of spaghetti-o's for no reason. 

hahahaha ....  I'm up late reading old posts and slowly repairing some old photobucket links/files I posted in the forum back in the day.

Oversoul

Quote from: ziznak on May 04, 2012, 01:23:53 AM
It's the return of NIBIRU  :o

Nope, it's the end of C2C, not the world, -- the return of imbecility over the radio in the person of George Noory.   :o

Zircon

Ha! Ha! All of you that are skeptical about this 12/21/2012 "OMG!" day are no fools. The real fools are all of those who bought millions of dollars of books about the end of the world on this day. Notice how there has been a severe drop off of guests stumping on this event. A few years ago was their heyday but as the time draws near, they run for the hills counting what cash they managed to make.

Just like Major Ed Dames. OK super sleuth where was Osama? What is really going on in those Iranian nuclear facilities? What did the Bilderberg's discuss on a day-by-day basis in their meetings in Europe? Spend the first hour each night with George to enlighten us? Since you're into finding lost children, where is that girl from Alabama that Van der Sloot was seen with several years ago now?

Sorry for taking that tangent with remote viewing but it is the same type of nonsense. Works on the gullible masses until someone says stop and explain yourself with some pertinent searches committed to before claiming credit for having solved them once solved.

Quote from: Zircon on May 10, 2012, 12:34:40 PM
The real fools are all of those who bought millions of dollars of books about the end of the world on this day.

I am reminded of Richard W. Noone's book: 5/5/2000 - Ice: The Ultimate Disaster.

Talk about something becoming instantly obsolete on 5/6/2000 . . .

Currently, there are about 70 used copies available on Amazon, starting at one penny each plus shipping.

Most of the 2012 crowd has retreated into vague statements about "a new beginning" or a "new energy" or "the ushering in of a new awareness" or our galactic positioning come full circle.

I have more respect for the hard liners sticking to their original doomsday clock - and will be forced to spin the stone anew the day after, on 12/22/2012.

My interest in these 2012 doomsday charlatans on C2C is partially why I chose a Mayan god as my handle when I first arrived to the forum and is why I started this topic.

Yes, I was thinking that far ahead in establishing a corner for housing the ridicule that will ensue on 12/22/2012. Ironically, this thread itself will become mostly obsolete within hours after the glorious non-event.

(For the comic book initiated nerds, my handle was also a reference to "Batman" and his underworld bat cave.)

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/mayan-mythology.php?deity=CAMA-ZOTZ

There you have it.

A partial history of the origin(s) of Cam.  Not that anyone asked or cares.

("Automat" is an entirely different beast of a story.)

[attachimg=1]

McPhallus

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 10, 2012, 04:03:41 PM
I am reminded of Richard W. Noone's book: 5/5/2000 - Ice: The Ultimate Disaster.

Talk about something becoming instantly obsolete on 5/6/2000 . . .

Currently, there are about 70 used copies available on Amazon, starting at one penny each plus shipping.

Noone = no one = fitting name.

Endorsed by Graham Hancock?  Did Art ever interview him?

Morgus

Quote from: McPhallus on May 10, 2012, 07:44:11 PM
Endorsed by Graham Hancock?  Did Art ever interview him?
I recall Art interviewing him several times before 5/5/2000.
I found that book in my bookshelf, might it someday be worth a lot as a rare classic perhaps?  8)

Digitech

So, what will take the place of 2012? We need a new doomsday date to look forward to.

Morgus

Quote from: Digitech on May 14, 2012, 09:10:44 PM
So, what will take the place of 2012? We need a new doomsday date to look forward to.
another date often mentioned is 2036, when the large asteroid Apophis is predicted to make a pass so close to earth it might hit.

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on May 14, 2012, 11:25:41 PM
another date often mentioned is 2036, when the large asteroid Apophis is predicted to make a pass so close to earth it might hit.
I had the understanding that even apophos was going to pass rather far away?  In celestial terms it would actually be pretty close but still not close enough to get sucked into earth's gravitational field... correct me if I'm wrong but... yeah...

Zircon

The guy who was doing the calendar ... well ... his contract ended so he went back to herding sheep.

ziznak

oh yeah and newton done screwed up n forgot about year zero! there's ton's of possible end dates if you wanna sell some books or C-rations.

Zircon

Quote from: ziznak on May 15, 2012, 07:22:50 PM
oh yeah and newton done screwed up n forgot about year zero! there's ton's of possible end dates if you wanna sell some books or C-rations.
And those are the "key" words Ziz ... "... sell some books ...". Every guest Noory or any other host has on is always trying to sell you something. I've always found it laughable that some of these guests want to spread the word about the end of the world or how to avoid an upcoming calamity but they want you to give them money first. I figure, were the hell is a person's wanting to help out his fellow human being? You want money? And what will you do with this useless stuff once the earth splits and lava is spewing everywhere?

Easily one of the coolest lenticular items I've ever purchased (today, $5.)  While the viewed angle on the right is a boring Mexican bank name, the first view is absolutely stunning, squashing the hypno-coins of the 1950s-60s comic books, which were simply spiral patterns.

I will have this item on my person when the end of the world arrives in December.

My own pocket-sized Mayan doomsday device...

(flicker flicker flicker)

[attachimg=1]

Both pics are of the same coin at slightly different angles.

Morgus

The new episode this week of Futurama on the Comedy channel featured a prophecy from a Martian calendar telling of the end of the world due to massive solar flares, but in the year 3012. :D

Futurama kicks future ass and is overlooked by the mainstream.

In an ideal world, King of the Hill returns, and Bobby Hill now works on the Futurama writing team.

"I get a lot of my inspiration from Mr. Dale Gribble. He was our neighbor in Arlen and he taught me all about aliens and how much poison it takes to kill mutated aggressive silverfish," Bobby reveals in an interview with the Dallas Morning News.

Juan

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 22, 2012, 08:58:46 PM

In an ideal world, King of the Hill returns, and Bobby Hill now works on the Futurama writing team.

Now that would be a hoot.

Zircon

I love Futurama as well as The Soup. Is anybody a fan of The Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken on Adult Swim?

ziznak

aqua teen hunger force is my fav of all adult swim although i love the other shows... athf's characters are by far the funniest... luv em

analog kid

Jeane Dixon has the next apocalyptic date set at 2020, but I don't think there are many people left who believe anything this woman has said, except my mom.

List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events

Terence McKenna was into this stuff too, unfortunately

Interview: Hawaii, October 1998 (Terence McKenna) [FULL]

ziznak

I love Terrence Mckenna.  I first heard him speak on Mudvayne's album LD50 which is still one of the best albums I've ever heard.  Really like his theories about human consciousness being linked to magic mushrooms.  good stuff.  Here he is talking about DMT.  what a trip
Terence McKenna on DMT

DAE

Falkie2013

So what do YOU think ?

Doom or bunk ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDave

It's another joke,just like Y2K ::)

Eddie Coyle

It's the Friday before Christmas, which means a bigger disaster awaits.

A drunk, stoned Coyle and hijinks at various Christmas parties. Possible consanguineous hookups always dangerously close.

stevesh

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 04, 2012, 12:43:15 AM

It's the Friday before Christmas, which means a bigger disaster awaits.

A drunk, stoned Coyle and hijinks at various Christmas parties. Possible consanguineous hookups always dangerously close.

Not going to bring out the mistletoe belt buckle again, are you ?