• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

zensunni

I cringe when I hear her utter those dreaded words...

"Here, then, is...."

Seriously, who introduces a guest like that? James Lipton?

Quote from: b_dubb on June 10, 2011, 07:31:44 PM
lmh is on the Ancient Aleins episode i'm watching.  she's had some really bad plastic surgery.  her mouth looks like the Joker's.

That's a real shame.  Older women look better older,  than they do with surgery.

fysisist

Quote from: Hugo Fitch on June 11, 2011, 04:29:33 PM
I've a feeling Ian's the only host who hasn't tapped that.

Thanks for introducing those images into my mind.

Hugo Fitch

Quote from: fysisist on June 13, 2011, 12:28:15 PM
Thanks for introducing those images into my mind.

I get the feeling she's a 'talker'.

anagrammy

Less talk, more photos.  Let's see that trout pout...

Ana

Morgus

Linda Howe used to be a babe. Back in 1963 she was a contestant in the Miss America pageant as Miss Utah.

Morgus

Some recent photos of Linda Howe from the 'net:

anagrammy

She looks fine - still good looking compared to most.  Is that a post lip lipo photo?  I don't think so.  Her lips look normal, not Melanie-Griffithized.

Ana

JustOneFix

Quote from: Morgus on June 18, 2011, 01:46:26 PM
Some recent photos of Linda Howe from the 'net:

She looks better in the left photo. The right photo looks like she was caught doing something she shouldn't have done.

anagrammy

Quote from: JustOneFix on June 18, 2011, 08:17:56 PM
She looks better in the left photo. The right photo looks like she was caught doing something she shouldn't have done.

That's a photo that needs this caption, "I'M NOT WEARING PANTIES!"

Ana

Quote from: anagrammy on June 19, 2011, 10:20:38 AM
That's a photo that needs this caption, "I'M NOT WEARING PANTIES!"

Ana

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I think I bruised a rib!!! ;D ;D ;D

b_dubb

Quote from: Morgus on June 18, 2011, 01:43:55 PM
Linda Howe used to be a babe. Back in 1963 she was a contestant in the Miss America pageant as Miss Utah.

this explains her 'career'.  she just wants attention and to feel special

I don't know what time did to her, but she looks like a fucking goblin now

anagrammy

Quote from: Agent : Orange on June 19, 2011, 11:59:30 PM
I don't know what time did to her, but she looks like a fucking goblin now

A little creeping Gandolfiness...

A

Seamus Capone

I may be in the minority here (not that I give a damn), but I enjoy most of Howe's segments. She's an educated, intelligent woman who investigates the show's subject matter in ways that Noory never has/will. I love the episodes on the Rendlesham Incident, as well as the general UFO stuff. Heck, I even dig her latest news on cattle mutilations and crop circles. As for her appearance, she's a GILF. She looks and sounds great for her age. I just wish that she would change her style of delivery, which seems like something straight out of the 1960s. The best thing about her segments is that Noory takes a nap for three hours.   

anagrammy

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 20, 2011, 11:47:35 PM
I may be in the minority here (not that I give a damn), but I enjoy most of Howe's segments. She's an educated, intelligent woman who investigates the show's subject matter in ways that Noory never has/will. I love the episodes on the Rendlesham Incident, as well as the general UFO stuff. Heck, I even dig her latest news on cattle mutilations and crop circles. As for her appearance, she's a GILF. She looks and sounds great for her age. I just wish that she would change her style of delivery, which seems like something straight out of the 1960s. The best thing about her segments is that Noory takes a nap for three hours.   

Jethro - what did you think of her taking the Rendelshem witnesses back into the forest and then when they didn't have much to say, she suggested that the object had inhabitants who were maybe time travelers?  I like it as entertainment, but have to reject it as good journalism or anything remotely scientific.

I agree that any break from Noory is a good thing.  The other day I turned on Coast and was delighted that it was Ian instead.  So it's all relative.

I wish LMH would get out there and do some real investigating that produces theories and possible explanations. Maybe write a book linking red rain and other body parts falling from the sky to the current visitors dropping carcasses back to the same spot.  I have more unanswered questions after she reports... it's irritating.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

anagrammy

Yes, perhaps "meat" would have been a better generic description.  I am currently reading "The Book of the Damned" by Charles Fort.  The beginning is full of lavishly embroidered philosophical talk and sidereal slams at Christian Scientists.  It's hard to follow, but then he gets into a painstaking and detailed account of every single report from the middle ages on of strange gelatinous, meaty-looking stuff dropping from a clear sky. 

Frankly, I picture the aliens in their HUGE cloaked vehicle in that clear sky, emtying their gray water tank, nose pickings and their sewage...

Anagrammy

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 21, 2011, 04:05:50 AMJethro - what did you think of her taking the Rendelshem witnesses back into the forest and then when they didn't have much to say, she suggested that the object had inhabitants who were maybe time travelers?  I like it as entertainment, but have to reject it as good journalism or anything remotely scientific.

The witnesses, that I heard, had a lot to say. IIRC, one or more of them suggested that the occupants, of the craft, could be time travelers. I might be wrong about that, though. You and I are on the same page when it comes to leading questions. A good journalist should keep her or his opinions out of interviews. Still, I like Howe's investigative reporting more than the off-topic stuff that seems to dominate Coast now. I'll take ETs over political pundits (from any party/philosophy) any day of the week, and don't get me started on the alternative health segments. LOL I could live without programs about the economy too.   

b_dubb

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 20, 2011, 11:47:35 PMShe's an educated, intelligent woman who investigates the show's subject matter in ways that Noory never has/will.
i just checked her wikipedia entry to ... ahem ... "verify" her education.  according to the wiki she has a degree in English Lit with a Masters Degree in something else. at the top of the entry ... it reads 'this entry is compiled from a single source'.  would that single source be LMH?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Moulton_Howe

Morgus

From wikipedia:
Early life and education
She was born as Linda Moulton in Boise, Idaho. Howe entered the 1963 Miss Boise pageant for college scholarships and went on to win the 1963 Miss Idaho crown and scholarships, and participated in the Miss America Pageant that year in Atlantic City. Howe received her 1965 B.A. cum laude in English Literature from the University of Colorado, Boulder. In 1966, Howe was awarded the Stanley Baubaire Scholarship for her Master's Degree work at Stanford University, Palo Alto, California. She received her Masters Degree in Communication from Stanford University in 1968, where she produced a documentary film for the Stanford Medical Center and her Master's Thesis, "A Picture Calculus," at the Stanford Linear Accelerator.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: b_dubb on June 24, 2011, 02:46:53 PM
i just checked her wikipedia entry to ... ahem ... "verify" her education.  according to the wiki she has a degree in English Lit with a Masters Degree in something else. at the top of the entry ... it reads 'this entry is compiled from a single source'.  would that single source be LMH?

She graduated cum laude, which ain't too shabby. LOL at "verify", which can difficult to do when you use Wikipedia as a source.

loonatik

Damn.... It's a tough call: LInda or Richard C... I'm leaning towards Linda because, unlike Richard C, she leaves no room to question whether she really really believes her own bullshit. When she's on, I can just picture George asleep on the mic, drooling, until his engineer come on his headset scream "George! Wake up man! It's almost time for break! You gotta cut this bitch off cuz the music drowning her out ain't stopping her!". She's on tonight... All um hearing is noise from my radio like Peanut's parents talking. One of you said she sounds like parts of her brain suffered from the effects of electricity passing through it. Do you really think the power ever got turned off? You know what she reminds me of? IFone advertising materials: you feel like a retard being spoken to by God or something!

fysisist

Whatever credibility that LMH once had has now passed with the time since "Strange Harvest".  She was on the other night ranting about "old feces" or something, the NSA or CIA or somebody seizing library books and the "dragonfly drones" of a few years ago which, as I recall, were proved to be hoaxes.  I never hear her do anything new, it's always dredging up past stories or old news and trying to put a new LMH spin on it.  The only reason she is on C2C is so she can scare up some suckers to pay for access to her crappy website, which just contains the same BS she rants about on C2C.  "Just think of a reporter, reporting on the Earth, and go to Earthfiles.com...."

Seamus Capone

Quote from: fysisist on July 06, 2011, 12:56:43 PM
the NSA or CIA or somebody seizing library books and the "dragonfly drones" of a few years ago which, as I recall, were proved to be hoaxes.

I gotta agree with you on that one. Her interviewee's story sounded like it came straight from Fantasyland. The part about feds and spooks seizing a mythology book, because it revealed alleged ETs, put it over the top. It made for an entertaining tale, though.

I realize that I'm in the minority when it comes to my fondness for Howe. That's alright, because there are times when some people's cons and/or nuts are other people's informed experts. Punnett eloquently spoke about this phenomenon on one of his shows. He said that we often expect people to believe our paranormal stories, although we might have scoffed at identical stories from other people before we experienced them, ourselves (paraphrasing).

b_dubb

Quote from: Jethro Capone on July 07, 2011, 01:42:41 AM
I gotta agree with you on that one. Her interviewee's story sounded like it came straight from Fantasyland. The part about feds and spooks seizing a mythology book, because it revealed alleged ETs, put it over the top. It made for an entertaining tale, though.
increasingly i'm thinking these people are falling asleep during Start SG-1 reruns and internalizing the story lines as fact.  because this is straight Daniel Jackson. 

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on July 07, 2011, 06:33:07 AM
increasingly i'm thinking these people are falling asleep during Start SG-1 reruns and internalizing the story lines as fact.  because this is straight Daniel Jackson.

This proves it is real because it shows they are using disinformation. You think Wormhole Extreme is just a story? Think again my friend.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: b_dubb on July 07, 2011, 06:33:07 AM

That's as good a theory as any. You wonder if some of these people should just stop eating pizza before they go to bed.

texaskdog

Quote from: Lena on January 20, 2011, 06:59:46 AM
this chick truly sucks!

first - you need to get over her raspy voice and crazy intonation. She speaks like part of her brains got treated with strong electric shocks.
secondly - it's all a complete advertising show for her crappy pay-website.
she usually says: go check my website for the picture... well yes I once did TRY to check it out, but you don't get to see anything of substance there unless you pay a subscription fee (which she fails to mention of course on radio).

I highly suspect she's inflating many of her stories - just to get more subscribers to her crappy website.
Probably many completely made up with some willing retarded guys she's interviewing to get more hits.

I cant stand this old hag. unfortunately C2CAM doesn't have it's own forum, so I need to turn my frustration on you guys here :)

Amen...I see that name on the podcast and I know I can skip the night.