• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 10:28:59 AM
Yes, but by killing a day here and a week there, they've managed to damage and obstruct the agenda of getting this country back on the right track.  No major legislation out of Congress on any of it, as we head into the mid-term election cycle when it becomes much more difficult to get anything through.

It doesn't matter that it was all lies and BS and was all finally exposed and discarded, what matters is they were able to tie things up for that important first year.

Does the following seem familiar? ;D

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 24, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
If you really believed all that, you'd be furious at this vain, ego driven, selfish asshole for ensuring little of the agenda he ran on gets implemented - mostly because of his pointless tweets and commentary, and because no one with any brains is going to resign from a job they like and work for him.  He has no understanding of any human interaction other than issuing orders and insults.  That works great for the head of one's own company, but it doesn't fly in any other circumstances.  Certainly not in a government that requires broad consensus through separation of powers.  You and he apparently think just being in the White House, saying you want various peices of legislation, while issuing insults and dumb comments instead of providing leadership is enough to get it done.  It isn't.

This isn't about personalities, it's about getting the things done that need to get done.  Effectiveness requires leadership.  I wish Trump was that person, but he isn't.  In this role he is constantly getting in his own way, foolishly insulting people whose help he needs to pass legislation and implementing his policies.  Which was predictable and predicted.  You're the one who was wrong about Trump, thrashing around blaming the people who told you so doesn't change that.

As far as the rest of your clueless post, none of that has anything to do with the Soviet Union, as much as you'd like to blame anyone other than Donald Trump for the embarassment, chaos, and failure of his administration.  As I said, the Schwartzennegger failed governorship is the template for a Trump presidency, and that's how it's turning out.   

I actually agree with you!  :)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 10:14:13 AM

No he doesn't. The AG is appointed by the POTUS but he or she is independent of the POTUS. Its what pissed Nixon off before he resigned.

Yes I am. But you and I both know that if Obama had done what Trump is doing, the Trumpers would have a collective fit.

In other news: http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/357383-house-panels-probe-300m-puerto-rico-power-repair-contract

Draining the swamp!

No, GS is right. Hate to break it to you but the Department of Justice is part of the Executive branch and the Attorney General answers to the President. USPolitics 101.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 08:58:28 AM
Is this the same DoJ that has had its independence and integrity compromised because Trump has instructed Jeff Sessions to get on the case? Yeah, it probably is...

Um, no.  The DOJ is part of the Executive Branch reporting to the president.  It's not an independent agency operating on it's own.  That's why special councils are convened to look into serious accusations directed at current administrations- they are independent of president directives.  It is not improper for the president to set priorities.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 08:58:28 AM
... Oh the blle that would be thrown up by the Trumpers if Obama had instructed his AG to do his bidding. Separation of power doesn't apply in the Trump era. Trump owns the AG, the military (his generals remember?) and I guess anything else he decides, he's already got Bannon to choose a Trump friendly house and senate.

Trumpers are so intellectually dishonest and hypocritical its pityful.

Separation of powers is between the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the Supreme Court.  Separation of powers is between the federal government, the states, and people as individuals.  Separation of powers is between government, and the private sector.  As far as separation of powers, the executive Branch is considered a a single entity, which a president is elected to govern - separation of powers doesn't apply between departments or between the president and the federal agencies.  That includes the Attorney General, and it includes the Department of Defense.  It includes all the Departments and agencies.

Where the problems lie is when a president directs the various departments and agencies to operate in ways that are self serving rather than on behalf of the national interest - actions that reach the level of ethics violations or straight out crimes. 

There were plenty of ethics violations and crimes committed by Obama's administration when it comes to the DOJ and other departments and agencies.  They have been well documented throughout this section of the forum.  Please let me know if you need a reminder

Now that you understand separation of powers, please use the term accurately.  If you are aware of any crimes committed by the president, or if you believe he's used any federal departments of agencies unethically, please inform the FBI.  Or post that information here, I'd be interested to see it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 27, 2017, 10:56:38 AM
No, GS is right. Hate to break it to you but the Department of Justice is part of the Executive branch and the Attorney General answers to the President.

The Presidential office yes, not on a personnel level, but Trump treats Sessions as his personnel lawyer.
But you'd be fine then if Clinton had done that had she been POTUS.?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:01:59 AM

The Presidential office yes, not on a personnel level, but Trump treats Sessions as his personnel lawyer.
But you'd be fine then if Clinton had done that had she been POTUS.?

Holder and Lynch were both mouthpieces for Obama's policies. They were never independent of him.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:00:55 AM
Um, no.  The DOJ is part of the Executive Branch reporting to the president.  It's not an independent agency operating on it's own.  That's why special councils are convened to look into serious accusations directed at current administrations- they are independent of president directives.  It is not improper for the president to set priorities.

Separation of powers is between the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the Supreme Court.  Separation of powers is between the federal government, the states, and people as individuals.  Separation of powers is between government, and the private sector.  As far as separation of powers, the executive Branch is considered a a single entity, which a president is elected to govern - separation of powers doesn't apply between departments or between the president and the federal agencies.  That includes the Attorney General, and it includes the Department of Defense.  It includes all the Departments and agencies.

Where the problems lie is when a president directs the various departments and agencies to operate in ways that are self serving rather than on behalf of the national interest - actions that reach the level of ethics violations or straight out crimes. *

There were plenty of ethics violations and crimes committed by Obama's administration when it comes to the DOJ and other departments and agencies.  They have been well documented throughout this section of the forum.  Please let me know if you need a reminder

Now that you understand separation of powers, please use the term accurately.  If you are aware of any crimes committed by the president, or if you believe he's used any federal departments of agencies unethically, please inform the FBI.  Or post that information here, I'd be interested to see it.

*As Trump does, but you're fine with that? Or rather you're not in another thread...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:01:59 AM

The Presidential office yes, not on a personnel level, but Trump treats Sessions as his personnel lawyer...

How so?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 27, 2017, 11:03:54 AM
Holder and Lynch were both mouthpieces for Obama's policies. They were never independent of him.

Is that a criticism?  ::)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:03:59 AM

*As Trump does, but you're fine with that? Or rather you're not in another thread...

Accusations and insinuations are meaningless.  What are you talking about?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:04:34 AM
How so?

Oh, I dunno..what about asking Sessions to concoct a spurious memo to say that Comey should be fired because of the nasty things Comey said about Clinton? The same nasty things that Trump quoted on his campaign? Before Trump told Lester Holt he'd taken the decision before Sessions and the DAG wrote the memo to fire Comey because of the Russia investigation...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:05:42 AM
Accusations and insinuations are meaningless.  What are you talking about?

You mean like this?

;D
Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 24, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
If you really believed all that, you'd be furious at this vain, ego driven, selfish asshole for ensuring little of the agenda he ran on gets implemented - mostly because of his pointless tweets and commentary, and because no one with any brains is going to resign from a job they like and work for him.  He has no understanding of any human interaction other than issuing orders and insults.  That works great for the head of one's own company, but it doesn't fly in any other circumstances.  Certainly not in a government that requires broad consensus through separation of powers.  You and he apparently think just being in the White House, saying you want various peices of legislation, while issuing insults and dumb comments instead of providing leadership is enough to get it done.  It isn't.

This isn't about personalities, it's about getting the things done that need to get done.  Effectiveness requires leadership.  I wish Trump was that person, but he isn't.  In this role he is constantly getting in his own way, foolishly insulting people whose help he needs to pass legislation and implementing his policies.  Which was predictable and predicted.  You're the one who was wrong about Trump, thrashing around blaming the people who told you so doesn't change that.

As far as the rest of your clueless post, none of that has anything to do with the Soviet Union, as much as you'd like to blame anyone other than Donald Trump for the embarassment, chaos, and failure of his administration.  As I said, the Schwartzennegger failed governorship is the template for a Trump presidency, and that's how it's turning out.   

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:08:07 AM
Oh, I dunno..what about asking Sessions to concoct a spurious memo to say that Comey should be fired because of the nasty things Comey said about Clinton? The same nasty things that Trump quoted on his campaign? Before Trump told Lester Holt he'd taken the decision before Sessions and the DAG wrote the memo to fire Comey because of the Russia investigation...

That isn't anything.  It certainly doesn't amount to an ethics violation, and it isn't illegal.  If that's all you have, this administration is remarkably clean.  And a nice contrast to the prior one

And again, details.  Don't just call it ''spurious'' - what exactly was the problem with it?  Why shouldn't an AG write a memo outlining the reasons a high ranking appointee should be removed?

We're back to Democrats criminalizing the normal routine actions of their opponents.  Actions that would never remotely be considered a crime of it were a D.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:09:22 AM

You mean like this?

;D

That's personal style.  Nothing to do with ethics or illegal activity.  Try to focus.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:15:26 AM
That's personal style.  Nothing to do with ethics or illegal activity.  Try to focus.

I see; so you don't think his 'style' (Chronic narcissism, inability to accept responsibility, blaming of everyone else, bullying, chronic inability to tell truth from fiction) in any way influences his ethics or relationship with the legal world? Might I draw your attention to the many times he's been sued, and how he doesn't pay bills?  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:21:59 AM

I see; so you don't think his 'style' (Chronic narcissism, inability to accept responsibility, blaming of everyone else, bullying, chronic inability to tell truth from fiction) in any way influences his ethics or relationship with the legal world? Might I draw your attention to the many times he's been sued, and how he doesn't pay bills?  ;D

You brought up ethics violations and illegality as president.  Do you have any specific examples of that or not?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:04:40 AM
Is that a criticism?  ::)

Not really.  It just seems you hold Trumps appointees to a higher standard than those of the previous president.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 27, 2017, 11:24:37 AM
Not really.  It just seems you hold Trumps appointees to a higher standard than those of the previous president.

The problem is the drumbeat of Fake News and highly biased blather from commentators creates a certain impression - that impression remains after the various accusations are debunked.

So these people meet up with other like minded folks and speak in vague generalities, agreeing with each other.  ''Trump's this, and Trump's that'', everyone agrees and there is no need to bring in details.  When they get outside their bubbles, and people ask them what they are talking about, it turns out they don't actually know.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:24:28 AM
You brought up ethics violations and illegality as president.  Do you have any specific examples of that or not?

No, you brought it up, I asked how you equate style not being an influence on either ethics or legality...You could ask the students who were scammed by his fake university if you want to back up your stance..  ;D Or the various people who have sued him for none payment of debts, racial discrimination...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 27, 2017, 11:24:37 AM

Actually I don't. Trump said he would....You know the 'draining the swamp' thing? The clarion call championed by Mike Flynn; What is Flynn doing now?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:42:53 AM
That's what I thought.

He he....You're too easy. You used to be quite good at presenting a reasonable discussion point, but either age, drugs or diet is making you sloppy.

WildCard

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:00:55 AM

I do. Unless we're talking about stuff like title 9? Agree with you about that, specifically.
But this Russia shit is huge - knowing that other countries are trying to sow discord among us and influence our elections. Wow.

>inb4 "Are you new?"

There's knowing and then there's knowing.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 27, 2017, 11:37:27 AM
The problem is the drumbeat of Fake News and highly biased blather from commentators creates a certain impression - that impression remains after the various accusations are debunked.

So these people meet up with other like minded folks and speak in vague generalities, agreeing with each other.  ''Trump's this, and Trump's that'', everyone agrees and there is no need to bring in details.  When they get outside their bubbles, and people ask them what they are talking about, it turns out they don't actually know.

An attitude in complete contrast to 'Clinton this, Clinton that'? Got it...

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:21:59 AM

(Chronic narcissism, inability to accept responsibility, blaming of everyone else, bullying, chronic inability to tell truth from fiction)
Pudophile just wrote the synopsis of his favorite new book...thanks puddy.

Two Baldwin "Big Boys," effectively the largest steam locomotives ever made. Beautiful man.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2017, 11:41:30 AM

No, you brought it up, I asked how you equate style not being an influence on either ethics or legality...You could ask the students who were scammed by his fake university if you want to back up your stance..  ;D Or the various people who have sued him for none payment of debts, racial discrimination...

I've paid zero attention to various lawsuits, claims, or failed businees ventures before he became president.  They are the petty details of a New York business, and true or not, I just don't care.  For all I know this is another smear job or something twisted out of context by our dishonest media.  I don't like Trump, and have never liked Trump.  Most people voting in the Republican primaries voted for someone else. 

What I do care about is that he ran on a Conservative / Reaganesque / Tea Party agenda.  And against Hilary Clinton. 

I supported him in defeating that dishonest, corrupt, destructive, vile bitch, and I support him in implementing the agenda he ran on.  Beyond that, regardless of whether I approve of his various policies or the way he conducts himself, he's done nothing ethically, morally, or legally wrong as president that I'm aware of. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 27, 2017, 11:46:50 AM
Pudophile just wrote the synopsis of his favorite new book...thanks puddy.

Two Baldwin "Big Boys," effectively the largest steam locomotives ever made. Beautiful man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3z09VRZ6to

Laurakinch

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 27, 2017, 10:14:16 AM
Sure thing bitch. I’ll extend my offer again. Guess I nailed you to a Tee.

Firestone Public House. Tonight. Tomorrow. I’m there all the time.

1132 16th St
Sacramento, CA  95814
United States

Or would you prefer faces. It’s the hottest gay nightclub in Sac. I’ll buy you a zima. You’re a fucking pussy and a pedophile. I wasn’t the first to point it out. I’ll destroy you in person more than i destroy you here. You’re not the first dumbfuck leftwinger I’ve set straight.

What time tomorrow will you be at Firestone? We're busy until about 4 so anytime after that is good.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 27, 2017, 12:11:13 PM
What time tomorrow will you be at Firestone? We're busy until about 4 so anytime after that is good.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 27, 2017, 12:11:13 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go pick up Falkie so that he can film it for posterity. At least offer Uber fare. 

Quote from: WildCard on October 27, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
I do. Unless we're talking about stuff like title 9? Agree with you about that, specifically.
But this Russia shit is huge - knowing that other countries are trying to sow discord among us and influence our elections. Wow.

>inb4 "Are you new?"

There's knowing and then there's knowing.

Well, there's siccing the IRS on Conservative groups to deny them non-profit status in the run up to the 2012 elections.  There's the gun-running to the Mexican cartels.  There's the ignoring of immigration laws he didn't like, and dictating new ones in their place.  Spying on reporters.  Falsifying FISO warrent reguests, using them to spy on Trump and his campaign, illegally unmasking them, and illegally leaking the information.

He ignored court orders, ignored separation of powers and dictated legislation.  He implemented a treaty with Iran without the 2/3 Senate approval required by calling it an ''agreement - and in doing so waived sanctions that were US law, and illegally provided them with funds not authorized by Congress.  He provided weapons and suppies to known terrorist groups in Libya and Syria without Congressional approval.

I could go on and on reallly.  Do a google search for ''Obama crimes''.

As far as Russian collusion, if you haven't been paying attention the past couple of days, it turns out it was the Hilary campaign doing that.  If you want collusion and corruption with the Russians, Obama and Hilary Clinton signed off on selling 20% of our uranium supply to them, and we're just now getting started investigaing who got how much in bribes for it.  Turns out Mueller, Comey, and the Assistant AG who hired Mueller were in on the collusion and in on the uranium sale up to their eyeballs.

Good thing the DNC Chairman showed up thought.  Now that it turns out Hilary was the one working with the Russians for dirt on her opponent, he's gone from it being ''treason'' to it being just routine ''opposition research''