• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From a cat's perspective....

Started by Hautex, December 10, 2015, 12:51:13 PM

Hautex

Ok.... Just watched the video from Art's website about the cat with 2 artificial back legs... Could we all channel our "inner cat" and explain how we would feel?  Been a cat person all my life and having come to believe that cats have a totally different view on things, the cat here looks very, very, pissed.. observe the twitching "i will stick one of these legs that have turned me into a lead-sled looking cat,   up your ass"
http://artbell.com/cat-gets-cutting-edge-prosthetic-legs/

Ciardelo

Quote from: Hautex on December 10, 2015, 12:51:13 PM
Ok.... Just watched the video from Art's website about the cat with 2 artificial back legs... Could we all channel our "inner cat" and explain how we would feel?  Been a cat person all my life and having come to believe that cats have a totally different view on things, the cat here looks very, very, pissed.. observe the twitching "i will stick one of these legs that have turned me into a lead-sled looking cat,   up your ass"
http://artbell.com/cat-gets-cutting-edge-prosthetic-legs/
I've had several cats and find them very affectionate. I don't understand why people find cats standoffish. But what from I could see in the video, the cat doesn't look "pissed off" at all. Just very engaged and interested in his surroundings. I think it was looking for treats from the humans.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 01:10:25 PM
I've had several cats and find them very affectionate. I don't understand why people find cats standoffish. But what from I could see in the video, the cat doesn't look "pissed off" at all. Just very engaged and interested in his surroundings. I think it was looking for treats from the humans.
Cats are wise and know which humans to "stand off" from. ;) 

Ciardelo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 10, 2015, 05:29:36 PM
Cats are wise and know which humans to "stand off" from. ;)
Yes, yes they do. They also leave their damn paw prints all over my heart.  :P

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 06:01:56 PM
Yes, yes they do. They also leave their damn paw prints all over my heart.  :P
Yeah, me too.  They are my Paw Prints Of Honor. ;)

I think this cat is acting very typical.  He's exploring an unfamiliar area, or at least a place he seldom goes, checking out the various people in the room.  As long as they aren't in pain or unable to move around, I'm not sure animals quite realize when they are different from others, they just get on with their normal behaviors as best they can. 

A pissed off cat would be hissing or growling or yowling, a frightened cat would be cowering and trying to hide.  This looks like a veterinarian's office, and this cat walking around and on the examination table is less anxious there than any cat I've taken in to be looked at.

ziznak

Haven't you ever seen cats in the lil wheelchair thingy's?  Doggiez use em too.  They function just like any other animal except they have whatever limitations the technology has.  It's better than letting them drag around their torso which is exactly what the animals would do without the prosthetics. 

Now putting animals in little sweaters and outfits?  That's a different story! Some cruel assed matilda's out there...

Hautex

Most folks treat pets from their own perspective of things, not the animals. Not a bad thing if the treatment is humane, but I agree those costumes cannot be enjoyed much when you're covered with fur already.... I've had cats for 50 years, including 2 incredible Savannahs and they are the happiest with, food, water, a gentle hand and a lap.... anything else we do is usually for us.

eddie dean

I've had cats my whole life & I don't think this cat looks angry or pissed at all.   To me, her body language  indicates that she is somewhat uneasy and perhaps a bit nervous, but this is typical behaviors for a cat in a vet's office or any new environment. She is simply trying to familiarize herslef with the new environment and determine if it's safe.
The new leg posts aren't a concern to this cat at all. It's normal for her.
(I dig the gangster strut she has going on there! ;D Lol)
The way animals adapt and overcome to situations like this, is to be admired.
The posts allow her to be mobile without the concern for sores or damage to her leg bones, and that is terrific!  They gave her a chance to carry on with her life. hopefully pain free.

I wonder if there might be long term issues with the spine or hip joints due to the reduced height of the back leg posts and the altered gait when she walks.

onan

I love my cat, until there are chicken bones in the garbage can.

eddie dean

Quote from: ziznak on December 11, 2015, 08:34:06 AM
Haven't you ever seen cats in the lil wheelchair thingy's?  Doggiez use em too.  They function just like any other animal except they have whatever limitations the technology has.  It's better than letting them drag around their torso which is exactly what the animals would do without the prosthetics. 

Now putting animals in little sweaters and outfits?  That's a different story! Some cruel assed matilda's out there...

Like this?

I'd  never dress my cat like this but this one is funny as hell

eddie dean

Quote from: onan on December 11, 2015, 02:32:45 PM
I love my cat, until there are chicken bones in the garbage can.

Is your cat secretly scarfing down a bucket of KFC and then hiding the bones in the bottom of the garbage can again?  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Hautex on December 11, 2015, 01:35:38 PM
Most folks treat pets from their own perspective of things, not the animals. Not a bad thing if the treatment is humane, but I agree those costumes cannot be enjoyed much when you're covered with fur already.... I've had cats for 50 years, including 2 incredible Savannahs and they are the happiest with, food, water, a gentle hand and a lap.... anything else we do is usually for us.
Hi Hautex!

First of all, your avatar SO ROCKS!!!  By the way, since the soldier is a Woman, the scumbags she snuffs won't even get a dried up old slut.  They go straight to hell.  That being said, we need MORE Women "over there."  Then, watch those little suckers run! ;D

Next, I've also had Feline roommates all of my life.  I totally agree with you about Cats being the happiest with the simplest of life's gifts.  Just like human folk, they have their unique tastes.  They also have no problem telling their humans what they like and don't like.  The smart human respects the latter without it having to be explained lol. ;) ;D

ziznak

Quote from: eddie dean on December 11, 2015, 02:35:01 PM
Like this?

I'd  never dress my cat like this but this one is funny as hell
I do not deny the funneh-ness

onan

Quote from: eddie dean on December 11, 2015, 02:44:55 PM
Is your cat secretly scarfing down a bucket of KFC and then hiding the bones in the bottom of the garbage can again?  ;D

Every couple of weeks I stop and get a couple orders of chicken wings from an oriental take out near my house. My cat, Jasper, has learned to open the cabinet sink door very quietly. I often find him sitting in the garbage can, trying to look innocent.

Hautex

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 11, 2015, 02:52:02 PM
Hi Hautex!

First of all, your avatar SO ROCKS!!!  By the way, since the soldier is a Woman, the scumbags she snuffs won't even get a dried up old slut.  They go straight to hell.  That being said, we need MORE Women "over there."  Then, watch those little suckers run! ;D

Next, I've also had Feline roommates all of my life.  I totally agree with you about Cats being the happiest with the simplest of life's gifts.  Just like human folk, they have their unique tastes.  They also have no problem telling their humans what they like and don't like.  The smart human respects the latter without it having to be explained lol. ;) ;D
Found this avatar also, my 2nd favorite, Thanks, Merry Christmas to all y'all