• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Blue Moon at Midnight

Started by RoseGirl, October 18, 2015, 02:15:34 PM

Quote from: brig on October 23, 2015, 07:40:56 AM
Got it!  Thank You so MUCH !  ;D :-*
You're very welcome brig. BTW - you sounded great on the GabCast. ;)   :)

RoseGirl

Bumper Music for Blue Moon At Midnight: October 23, 2015

First Break: Time Machine, Lights Out, A Summer Night Out Tour, 2015

Second Break: Shoe Boy, Donna Greene, A Girl's Gotta Have A Little Fun, Date Unknown

Third Break: Blues Don't Bother Me, Billy Seward, Better Place, 2014

Fourth Break: They Seem To Be Intelligent, Garmisch, Date Unknown

Fifth Break: Araby, Kevin Coyne, Case History Plus, 1972

Sixth Break: Make You Move, Marshal Cunningham, 13, 2015

Seventh Break: Let's Get Rejected, The Womb, 2006

Eighth Break: DarkTown Strutter's Ball, Alberta Hunter, 1935

Spinner

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 23, 2015, 01:28:13 AM
Holy shit ! ! !
We can drop attachments on this thread.
Let's see if it takes. A bellgabber was asking about what happened w/ Hoaxy, so I pointed them to the relevant posts and compiled them into a PDF. The latest GabCast also addressed the situation very well too IMO.Ok Let's give it a try.
Send out the word if peeps want a copy.
Thank you for doing this, Sandman! :)

Quote from: Spinner on October 24, 2015, 02:21:21 PM

Thank you for doing this, Sandman! :)
;)  :)

Thank the BellGab Webmaster too. :)

The ability to upload a file is now extant across all the threads. This saved me the trouble of setting up a file server that would have needed to be accessible across my shitty internet connection, not to mention opening ports on my system and exposing them to the internet  *cringe*.

Thanks MV & Keith

GravitySucks

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 24, 2015, 06:28:38 PM
;)  :)

Thank the BellGab Webmaster too. :)

The ability to upload a file is now extant across all the threads. This saved me the trouble of setting up a file server that would have needed to be accessible across my shitty internet connection, not to mention opening ports on my system and exposing them to the internet  *cringe*.
I thought a lot was lost in translation LOL

RoseGirl

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 23, 2015, 01:28:13 AM
Holy shit ! ! !
We can drop attachments on this thread.
Let's see if it takes. A bellgabber was asking about what happened w/ Hoaxy, so I pointed them to the relevant posts and compiled them into a PDF. The latest GabCast also addressed the situation very well too IMO.Ok Let's give it a try.
Send out the word if peeps want a copy.

Um.....wasn't this ability there all along? I think it was....you can attach anything. And....um....what is to stop someone from changing what was written before they post the pdf? Pretty easy to make anybody say anything that way, eh? Course, changing history can be fun, I suppose.

:)

GravitySucks

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 24, 2015, 06:51:28 PM
Um.....wasn't this ability there all along? I think it was....you can attach anything. And....um....what is to stop someone from changing what was written before they post the pdf? Pretty easy to make anybody say anything that way, eh? Course, changing history can be fun, I suppose.

I've already asked MV to run the randomizer on the Falkie thread.

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 24, 2015, 06:51:28 PM

It may have been.
1. I generally don't allow JavaScript to run on my system so it may not have shown up on my end.
2. There is nothing to stop peeps from altering their posts (for a certain amount of time,) or deleting
     them, for that matter. I didn't fuck with the quoted posts. Everything has a date and time-stamp.
     Check out everyone of them to see if I altered them before you start casting dispersions on me
     and my integrity. Do you honestly think I would specifically leave the timestamps on the posts if I was going
     to alter them ? I left the time-stamps in there so peeps could go back and check. That
     statement you dropped pissed me right the fuck off. You raise a good point, but the
     way it was stated doesn't come across well in a chatroom. It's easily misinterpreted.
3. The posts I compiled didn't seem to be changed from what I remember, as they were being posted.
4. If you have the time to peruse those 60 pages of posts, you'll notice that I was relatively silent until I had some
    idea of what was going on.
5. Anyone can say anything... that doesn't make it true - on both sides.
6. From where I was sitting, & what I saw, that pdf is my take on what happened. I never said it was gospel,
    or etched in stone - in fact, I clearly state this in the PDF. 
Page 22:
Quote...This document is my take on what happened. ...

On first read of your comment, it almost looks like a direct shot at my integrity...  :(. That wasn't your intent
was it ??
QuoteAnd....um....what is to stop someone from changing what was written before they post the pdf?
Absolutely nothing.
...and that's why I put the following in the PDF:
QuoteI considered carefully if I should even do this,...
...because I knew this kind of derision would come up, I just never expected it from you.
(The devil is in the details)
I'm well aware of how peeps here react to things like this.
Please keep in mind, this PDF was composed for one person specifically because they were not understanding what was happening and they asked me about it. I did not compile it for general distribution to BellGab, although that's what ended up happening - it saved me some work. Maybe it's my fault for providing my take on what happened to a public forum. It took time and effort to collect everything that was relevant to the question I was asked. I tried to keep it as germane to the question as possible, else it would have been twice as large.
I'm not posting this to tear into you RoseGirl,  :o I'm posting this to clarify.   ;) Your comment came
across to me as a direct shot at my integrity, especially coming from you, and I took umbrage to it.  :(
You forced me into a position where I had to save face and defend myself in a public forum.  >:( Perhaps I misinterpreted your meaning and you were just trying to raise some pertinent points. If I misinterpreted it, others may also. If I took this the wrong way  :-[... I apologize. 
;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 24, 2015, 08:36:20 PM
It may have been.
1. I generally don't allow JavaScript to run on my system so it may not have shown up on my end.
2. There is nothing to stop peeps from altering their posts (for a certain amount of time,) or deleting
     them, for that matter. I didn't fuck with the quoted posts. Everything has a date and time-stamp.
     Check out everyone of them to see if I altered them before you start casting dispersions on me
     and my integrity. Do you honestly think I would specifically leave the timestamps on the posts if I was going
     to alter them ? I left the time-stamps in there so peeps could go back and check. That
     statement you dropped pissed me right the fuck off. You raise a good point, but the
     way it was stated doesn't come across well in a chatroom. It's easily misinterpreted.
3. The posts I compiled didn't seem to be changed from what I remember, as they were being posted.
4. If you have the time to peruse those 60 pages of posts, you'll notice that I was relatively silent until I had some
    idea of what was going on.
5. Anyone can say anything... that doesn't make it true - on both sides.
6. From where I was sitting, & what I saw, that pdf is my take on what happened. I never said it was gospel,
    or etched in stone - in fact, I clearly state this in the PDF. 
Page 22:
  On first read of your comment, it almost looks like a direct shot at my integrity...  :(. That wasn't your intent
was it ??
...and that's why I put the following in the PDF:(The devil is in the details)
I'm well aware of how peeps here react to things like this.
Please keep in mind, this PDF was composed for one person specifically because they were not understanding what was happening and they asked me about it. I did not compile it for general distribution to BellGab, although that's what ended up happening - it saved me some work. Maybe it's my fault for providing my take on what happened to a public forum. It took time and effort to collect everything that was relevant to the question I was asked. I tried to keep it as germane to the question as possible, else it would have been twice as large.
I'm not posting this to tear into you RoseGirl,  :o I'm posting this to clarify.  ;)Your comment came
across to me as a direct shot at my integrity, especially coming from you, and I took umbrage to it.  :(
You forced me into a position where I had to save face and defend myself in a public forum.  >:( Perhaps I misinterpreted your meaning and you were just trying to raise some pertinent points. If I misinterpreted it, others may also. If I took this the wrong way  :-[... I apologize. 
;)

I expect to see the both of you on the Lido deck of the Conspiracy Cruise at noon on the second day. And I expect both of you to be on your best behavior.

Understand?

OK then.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2015, 08:41:55 PM
I expect to see the both of you on the Lido deck of the Conspiracy Cruise at noon on the second day. And I expect both of you to be on your best behavior.

Understand?

OK then.

;)    ;D

RoseGirl

oh dear...oh my. I did not IN ANY WAY intend to make it sound like you were doing something like that. To tell you the truth, I haven't even looked at nor read any of the pdf you posted. Really, I was just thinking along the lines of anyone could tinker with the copies of posts before they reposted them as a pdf.

Just an observation....nothing to do with you. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

rosie

RoseGirl

and...um...what the hell is a 'randomizer'?

oye...all this technical stuff. sheesh.

GravitySucks

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 24, 2015, 09:24:41 PM
and...um...what the hell is a 'randomizer'?

oye...all this technical stuff. sheesh.
Oh, i was picturing an app that would just shuffle sentences from one post to another and changed who posted what. I figure if you ran it, and it was truly random, the thread might actually make sense.

Thank You Rosie for clearing up my misunderstanding of your post.  :-[     
The more times I re-read it, the more confusing it became to me.   :o
My apologies for the harsh reply.  :'(

All is once again right with the world.  ;)     :)  :-* :-*

eagle

Thanks to wr250 and others the Outsider and Blue Moon now has it'd very own chat room.
go here   http://minifang.no-ip.info:9090

wr250

Quote from: eagle on October 26, 2015, 04:01:12 PM
Thanks to wr250 and others the Outsider and Blue Moon now has it'd very own chat room.
go here   http://minifang.no-ip.info:9090
my isp went down for a short time. its back up noaw. i hope its not recurring. i have a remote account i can use if need be.

sumtheen's happeneen ?

WOTR

Hmmm... No show tonight?  Finally I am awake and able to listen, but may be better off asleep anyhow.

Catch you all tomorrow.

TigerLily

Quote from: WOTR on October 27, 2015, 01:13:29 AM
Hmmm... No show tonight?  Finally I am awake and able to listen, but may be better off asleep anyhow.

Catch you all tomorrow.
Lasha telling a lovely cat story but no one here  ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on October 27, 2015, 01:18:42 AM
Lasha telling a lovely cat story but no one here  ???
I couldn't sleep. I'm listening, but the chat room is unusable on my iphone

TigerLily

Hi Grav. Just finished listening. But no one here but me and the crickets. No one in the chat room either. Only a very few diehards at osom. If this keeps up I may actually try sleeping at night

TigerLily

Hi RoseGirl. I enjoyed your talk about Art's show. And loved your ghost kitty story. The music was excellent. Thanks

RoseGirl

Bumper Music for Blue Moon At Midnight: October 26, 2015

First Break: Train's Comin', The Likes of Us, Time Traveler, 2014

Second Break: Lonely Soul, Katerina Stone, The Happy Ones

Third Break: Apparition, Jesse Roper, Cupid, 2015

Fourth Break: Ghost In The Radio, Josh Tarp and The Still, Vigilante, 2013

Fifth Break: Broken Roads, American Opera, Retrospective, 2015

Sixth Break: The Great Unknown, Better Than Ezra, Pilgrimage Music Festival, 2015

Seventh Break: Purple Rain, Etta James, All The Way, 2006

Ciardelo

Great show again RG. I didn't think much of Dr. Gazillion until I heard your take on him. I guess it takes a trained ear to figure out what he was all on about...

In other news, I miss my cat Gizmo still after all these years. He would come by from time to time to see me. I think I'm almost ready to get a new cat.

TigerLily

Was trying to round up a few peeps but you know....cat herding  ::)