• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast to Coast ratings should start plummeting soon

Started by Mr.Squirrel, August 05, 2015, 09:00:20 PM

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 06, 2015, 08:06:15 AM
Not sure what is meant by "unique listeners"? 

I take it to mean regardless of whether someone tuned in once for 5 minutes over the course of the entire week, or for each and every program, they are counted once.

cosmic asgard

All I know is I tuned in the other day, and George was clucking about how many millions of listeners he has, like he was trying to convince himself and others that his show is superior since Art is back on the air. He is such an asshat. .

CornyCrow

Quote from: cosmic asgard on August 14, 2015, 02:06:37 PM
All I know is I tuned in the other day, and George was clucking about how many millions of listeners he has, like he was trying to convince himself and others that his show is superior since Art is back on the air. He is such an asshat. .
He said last night that he intended to be doing that show for a long, long, time - or something similar.  That means he is worried.  He is trying to make a more lively conversation in the show, just as he seems to have a lot of enthusiasm while doing commercials.  The pity is that the guy has limited intelligence, little real insight and does not have Art's voice. 

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 06, 2015, 03:22:12 AM
We can use this thread as an ongoing record.

George Noory 2.75 million unique listeners per week.

From the disclaimer, I gather there may be a bit of a lag between the actual ratings and the projections in the table.

August Numbers:  no difference.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 20, 2015, 03:08:47 AM
I see Dennis Miller still has 2.5 million listeners per week.

Hmmm...  I wondered if it actually represented anything real.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 25, 2015, 06:00:30 AM
Nobody else's numbers changed either.

I'd think Art's decision to not go on larger stations due to the commerical time issue, especially in larger markets, plays into Premier's hands. 

Freyja

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 06, 2015, 08:28:56 AM
C2C is strictly for morons, and there are a lot of morons out there are who are happy to listen to some pablum that doesn't make any demands on the listener. That's why I think Dave will always have a place, sadly, in the same way that many people will prefer fast food.

Just listen to the mouth-breathers that call into Dave's abortion of a show and ask yourself, are they really going to tune in to Art Bell?

Well said....agreed!

Most of us stopped listening to Dave years ago and he is still there. I don't think anything is going to change anytime soon. Dave and Art draw a totally different audience.

chefist

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 25, 2015, 06:00:30 AM
Nobody else's numbers changed either.

These numbers are more about stock price than anything.  They don't even include podcasts and internet broadcasting...I would look at the numbers for Portland! That is the real test...

Just Me

Have you noticed lately, c2c has many fill ins for the snoron. They must be testing the radio waves for snoron dismissal effects by offering a gaggle of new shining stars to take it in the rear with a stronger voice and advanced vocabulary.

I won't miss snoron when that day arrives.

Sarah

I won't miss Snoory either, however I am excited by C2C experimenting with different hosts because that is precisely my best possible imagined outcome from the return of Art - that C2C would at least try to be a decent show again and we may all win from having Art AND a tolerable version of C2C to enjoy.

That said, if C2C interferes with Art's ratings then I will wish them the nine circles of hell.

Sean92008

As long as Premier(e) keeps allowing Dave to call it in, C2C will suck.  They've allowed it for so long, it ain't gonna change. Thing is, if C2C is 2nd in their top 10 markets (and maybe 3rd in their top two markets) and drags along the rest of the market, he'll continue with the same audience size.

KFI, 640AM in Los Angeles, dropped Saturday nights in favor of local programming from 10 PM - 12 AM.  I saw some press-release numbers (not official ratings) and it looks like there's been a jump in listeners that remain with the program over 30-minutes.  This may give way to KFI to justify doing this on other nights.  It'll be interesting.

Audiofile

I believe Coasts ratings are diminishing already.

Art's decision not to take on larger commercial stations was probably a personal decision.

Even though I'm a Time Traveler, I think some of us would enjoy being able to hear Art on more terrestrial AM stations. They wouldn't have to be the most powerful AM stations in each geographic area.  I think it would be a great way to introduce new people to his show.

b_dubb

Don't be surprised if C2CAM's numbers don't deflate. That turd can really float.

albrecht

Last night Norry mentioned that Syrette would be filling in for him tomorrow because he needed to attend a "corporate event" he said, in his weird of using English, that they "are pulling him there." A usual mist-tunnel event or maybe they are going to address some issues or worried due to Art and RCH and lower ratings?

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on September 18, 2015, 02:56:40 PM
Last night Norry mentioned that Syrette would be filling in for him tomorrow because he needed to attend a "corporate event" he said, in his weird of using English, that they "are pulling him there." A usual mist-tunnel event or maybe they are going to address some issues or worried due to Art and RCH and lower ratings?

He heard Art took a night off so he thought he could too...won't hurt the ratings...

EarthAlien007

Quote from: albrecht on September 18, 2015, 02:56:40 PM

Maybe they're "pulling him there" to fire him.

pate

Quote from: nextgenfm on August 07, 2015, 05:17:30 PM
Premiere is gonna ride it into the ground!  :D

Like a fart in the wind!

I found evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t3CyNrpIzg

If you look at the data, you see NOTHEENG signifigant...

Corona Kitty

I cant find the thread to bump it however i said, noorys ratings should be fine. Now i had no clue art was going to now directly compete against noory. Things have officially gotten interesting.

nextgen.fm

I can recall Cumulus taking him off air at some stations and instead running Red Eye Radio

But that was years ago it does say something however

Wintermute

Audience numbers and "ratings" are computed a lot of different ways. First you look at affiliate geography + station broadcast coverage and that will give the marketers and idea of gross market broadcast penetration. Then you look at time-of-day... the broadcast industry every year puts out a listenership coefficient which is used to project peak listenership in timezones and time slots. Overnight, 3:30am is obviously really low in the midwest. and of course for talk radio you have phone line stats... how hot are the lines every day.

Then you have "new-school" approaches which I happen to think provide much better data.
1. Amount of IP-based streams per IP address.
2. Social media chatter over a given time-frame.
3. Direct listener feedback via email, messaging, Skype-type services and social media.
4. Planetary reach... % of streams outside of normal broadcast area and % located overseas.
5. Website traffic analytics.
6. Alternative media analytics (Youtube / Ustream type).

Talkers Mag... I don't put a lot of stock in it. Coast To Coast will not stop anytime soon. Noory is a company guy. The only reason they would swap him out would be either quality and bad feedback or money. I am sure he gets paid very well, but at the end of the day if the audience isn't growing and his paycheck is, then sooner or later then production cost will erode margins to the point where a business exec will question things.

C2C is a cash-cow. Noory isn't paid near what his compatriots are because of his time slot. They don't have to pay too many guests to be on-air. Noory rarely says anything controversial like any number of political-talkers so there is never PR issues. He doesn't have his own production company or studio... he works out of either the studio Jim Rome uses or out of St Louis's iHeart studio home. Really C2C is legacy employees who want to retire with the show, so the management of production is very low-maint.

??? 

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 01, 2015, 03:49:15 AM
I don't think they actually update this thing.

It looks like Dennis Miller is still doing well.  ;)  This reminds me of when the C2C website still had Art listed as a C2C host, years after he'd left. 

Wintermute

Via Wiki: "Miller ended the radio show after his current contract expired on March 27, 2015".

Pretty sure he has a podcast though... so that should tell you something about Talkers Mag.

Quote from: Wintermute on October 01, 2015, 08:02:14 AM
... Noory is a company guy. The only reason they would swap him out would be either quality and bad feedback or money...

They must measure quality differently than the typical listener.

Quote from: Wintermute on October 01, 2015, 08:02:14 AM
... Noory is a company guy. The only reason they would swap him out would be either quality and bad feedback or money...

Apparently it won't be for bad feedback either, I'm guessing there's been plenty of that. 

But perhaps there has been just as much positive feedback from the Noortards, who knows

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 01, 2015, 09:45:12 AM

They must measure quality differently than the typical listener.
He is pretty high quality fertilizer.

Wintermute

I'm not a big Noory fan...  just is unprepared and doesn't care about interviewing. Phoning it home. His saving grace is his time slot. No real competition terrestrially yet. And that late there is a lot more room for bad talent.

Art Bell getting KFMB-AM in December is a big one. Low on the dial and at night they crank to 50kw. They cover SoCal + Baja after sundown. That's a major market get for Art. No other station carrying MiTD is close. That's the one that should concern C2C. With that puzzle piece, Art now has SoCal covered.