• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Are you a Time Traveler?

Started by jazmunda, June 20, 2015, 02:58:14 AM

WOTR

Quote from: ksm32 on June 24, 2015, 01:19:42 AM
Well this is embarrassing. I signed up!

I sign into the site.. where do I hear the "time travel"?  Anyone, please? :-[
The time travel part is the equivalent of the "worm hole" for sending Art messages during the show (if I recall correctly- sorry, it has been a couple of days since I logged in and explored.)

Paradox

Quote from: wotr1 on June 24, 2015, 02:00:46 AM
The time travel part is the equivalent of the "worm hole" for sending Art messages during the show (if I recall correctly- sorry, it has been a couple of days since I logged in and explored.)
OK.  That seems logical.  From what I think I heard on GabCast the wormhole is only accessible every so often?  Look for the active wormhole link.

From the MITD show page:
QuoteYou can join the Time Travelers and travel back to listen to Art’s archived shows the next morning. You can also travel to the future and send messages through the Wormhole into the future directly to Art during the LIVE show. For only $5 a month. Right now you can sign up early and you won’t pay again until 30 days after the start of the show.
http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/

Ms. C

Quote from: brig on June 24, 2015, 06:46:52 AM
I'm in.
Yay!   I'm very happy that your an official Time Traveler now. 

How were you able to avoid the pitfalls of PayPal that you encountered earlier (profile/user name, etc?)

I'm just curious and was surprised by all the different PayPal controversies in this thread ...

EDIT:   Whoops,  I just found your comment in the other thread!!!!
Quote from: brig on June 23, 2015, 11:05:49 PMI'm officially a Time Traveler :)  now  :)   I was happy to learn I was able to change my user name and password to ones of my choosing. That was my only concern.  I'm all HAPPY HAPPY NOW!!      YAY!

Lilith

Quote from: Ms. C on June 24, 2015, 07:00:31 AM
Yay!   I'm very happy that your an official Time Traveler now. 

How were you able to avoid the pitfalls of PayPal that you encountered earlier (profile/user name, etc?)

I'm just curious and was surprised by all the different PayPal controversies in this thread ...

EDIT:   Whoops,  I just found your comment in the other thread!!!!
I was SO unhappy Ms. C.  I feel SO much better now  ;D

connah0047

Abso-friggin-lutely, I'm a Time Traveler! I submitted my PTO request at work for Monday and Tuesday and ready to be up all night! Now it's time to park my TARDIS outside Art's new radio room with the cloaking on and listening to the first show begin! July 21, 2015...what a great day!

Paradox

Quote from: brig on June 24, 2015, 06:46:52 AM
I'm in.
Way to go Brig!  Be seeing ya as we zip through the wormholes.  :)

bellNwhistle

I'm in and totally psyched! Hubby and I can't wait!

Lilith

Quote from: Paradox on June 24, 2015, 10:01:32 AM
Way to go Brig!  Be seeing ya as we zip through the wormholes.  :)

You BET'CHA Dear Friend!!!

ksm32

Quote from: Paradox on June 24, 2015, 01:35:30 AM
If possible would you specify what you are thinking you can listen to?  If you are referencing the Midnight In The Desert show it starts on July 20th.
Ahh, I thought there were old shows being played.. like what the Fine Art Stream was, leading up to J20.    So the time travel thing is just ( be an early subscriber ) I take it.

No biggie, but I would have just subscribed perhaps on J19.

Paradox

Quote from: ksm32 on June 24, 2015, 11:12:21 AM
Ahh, I thought there were old shows being played.. like what the Fine Art Stream was, leading up to J20.    So the time travel thing is just ( be an early subscriber ) I take it.

No biggie, but I would have just subscribed perhaps on J19.
Yep.  I went looking too, but alas, no old shows.  I think I misread the page the first time. Oh well.  See round the Universe.  :)

Ms. C

Darn, now I am curious also.

Why is there a separate 'subscription' fee for this other show ... The Other Side of Midnight .... for the exact same $$$ as Art ... and we don't even know how the host will be.

Is this a joke?  How many subscriptions will this get without more information??? This I can't make a logical sense of.

Lilith

Quote from: Ms. C on June 24, 2015, 03:43:46 PM
Darn, now I am curious also.

Why is there a separate 'subscription' fee for this other show ... The Other Side of Midnight .... for the exact same $$$ as Art ... and we don't even know how the host will be.

Is this a joke?  How many subscriptions will this get without more information??? This I can't make a logical sense of.

I didn't notice that Ms C, although I have seen others mention it.  Alas, I cannot see the image you posted either, so can you tell me more or post a link?  I only got charged the $5.00 for the MidnightInTheDesert subscription, as far as I can tell so far.

Ms. C

Quote from: brig on June 24, 2015, 06:29:30 PM
I didn't notice that Ms C, although I have seen others mention it.  Alas, I cannot see the image you posted either, so can you tell me more or post a link?  I only got charged the $5.00 for the MidnightInTheDesert subscription, as far as I can tell so far.

I don't know why my screen print didn't come through (I'm not currently at the computer that holds the screen print) ... but here is the link .... it on the Midnight in the Desert website ... under shows (drop down menu -- second one down) ....

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/other-side-of-midnight/

Lilith

Quote from: Ms. C on June 24, 2015, 06:39:59 PM

I don't know why my screen print didn't come through (I'm not currently at the computer that holds the screen print) ... but here is the link .... it on the Midnight in the Desert website ... under shows (drop down menu -- second one down) ....

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/other-side-of-midnight/

Ok, yup I see that now.  Hadn't looked there.  I will wait and see if its somebody I want to subscribe to before I subscribe to it.

Ms. C

Quote from: brig on June 24, 2015, 07:03:09 PM
Ok, yup I see that now.  Hadn't looked there.  I will wait and see if its somebody I want to subscribe to before I subscribe to it.

Yup and why would we subscribe without knowing who the host is?  And why does it cost as much as Art's subscription.  This is what doesn't seem logical in the least to me!

Lilith

Quote from: Ms. C on June 24, 2015, 07:06:56 PM

Yup and why would we subscribe without knowing who the host is?  And why does it cost as much as Art's subscription.  This is what doesn't seem logical in the least to me!

I hear you.....but if its one of my favorite posters,  then I might do it just to support them.

Disheartened

I won't subscribe to that other show without even knowing who the host is going to be. I may listen live if its interesting. Only Art is worth paying for.

Morgus

Dr. J's Tue&Thu show now also offers a subscription for archived shows at the DM network site - its $2.50/month
I wonder if other DM shows will add subscription payments too?

Paradox

Quote from: Morgus on June 25, 2015, 02:39:57 AM
Dr. J's Tue&Thu show now also offers a subscription for archived shows at the DM network site - its $2.50/month
I wonder if other DM shows will add subscription payments too?
I would imagine so.  It seems to be a trend.  A couple of other shows they carry now charge a subscription fee to get the second hour of the show. 

skidder

Quote from: jazmunda on June 20, 2015, 03:15:20 AM
All the more reason to take out a subscription. Live shows are free. You'll need that subscription to listen at your own leisure.

I'm in.  :)

dan7800

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, but will TT be able to download the shows? I travel a lot and would like the ability to download the files onto my phone so I won't be always using data.

Thanks all

Paradox

Quote from: dan7800 on June 25, 2015, 12:15:58 PM
I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, but will TT be able to download the shows? I travel a lot and would like the ability to download the files onto my phone so I won't be always using data.

Thanks all
Yes.  If you are a subscribed Time Traveler you will have access to the wormhole, be able to download shows/podcasts and have access to the show archives.

Wednesday

I got a jury duty summons for the week of July 20. Though I signed up as a Time Traveler to get download access, an earlier alarm sound is going to hurt if they call my number for July 21! I know I can postpone it, but I seldom have had to show up for more than 4 hours and then I'm dismissed bc it's a one-day service.

dan7800

Just became a TT.

I still think Art should sent a personalized small photo with a 1 year paid subscription :)

slippingaway

I've got a copy of The Quickening I'd love to get signed.   It would go real nicely with my signed copy of The Source and Warday

maren

Well I am now after a brief detour into Up All Night's link to Kashmir/Celebration.  I'm spent.

Lord Grantham

All right, all right. Here's my card. Scan it, I'm in.