• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Topics you want Art to cover when he comes back in July!

Started by henge0stone, February 23, 2015, 02:49:55 PM

IcicleTrepan

Dr. Sergio Canavero

This guy wants to transplant a human head onto another human's body.  He's either a lunatic or he's a genius, I think he's a lunatic.

He claims that he will be able to reconnect the nerves in the spinal column back together at least enough to give movement to the guy.  He actually did a TED talk as well.  I think he'd make a great guest.

Head transplantation -- The future is now | Dr. Sergio Canavero | TEDxLimassol

ksm32

I want Art to have a guest on snuff and other torture films that exist, and the dark things that are going on that are worse than anyone even dare to imagine.

Really shake things up.  This would surely need a warning stronger than the Harlot show. Something hard to hear that can't be turned off.

Juan Cena

Annonmyous - The hacker group that had a public feud with Scientology, and was claiming police officers in Ferguson, Mo. were members of the KKK.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 16, 2015, 01:49:45 AM
Annonmyous - The hacker group that had a public feud with Scientology, and was claiming police officers in Ferguson, Mo. were members of the KKK.

^ Ditto.  The power of a group to essentially wage war or exact justice from a computer is fascinating to me.  Cruel and malevolent rulers and oppressors can be dealt with from a safe distance. Like watching karma in action.  The ethical considerations would make for a lively topic indeed.

Heather Wade

Quote from: ksm32 on April 09, 2015, 07:23:00 PM
I want Art to have a guest on snuff and other torture films that exist, and the dark things that are going on that are worse than anyone even dare to imagine.

Really shake things up.  This would surely need a warning stronger than the Harlot show. Something hard to hear that can't be turned off.

That shit does go on, & worse.  Careful, man, I dig you & don't want you to end up twisted like me.  ;D  But, great show idea.  I can hear Art doing this already; he was always good at controversial, underground, little-known fuckery.

Agog

I would find it very enjoyable to hear an Art Bell interview with Douglas Dietrich, or a "host to host" with Jimmy Church.  Maybe open up the one man with a microphone to include a female co host?  Nancy Birnes comes to mind.  She has an intuitive way of digging for something new when a guest is a bit too scripted.  A lot of these guests do a lot of radio guest slots and they tend to sound very scripted.  Nancy has a great skill for this.  Yes, it does make some uncomfortable.  Which is part of the fun.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Agog on April 17, 2015, 07:02:51 AM
I would find it very enjoyable to hear an Art Bell interview with Douglas Dietrich, or a "host to host" with Jimmy Church.  Maybe open up the one man with a microphone to include a female co host?

There are probably worse ideas than having Art co-host with someone else, but I can't think of any offhand. What would be the point? However good someone may be, you don't want to dilute Art with anyone else.

SredniVashtar

I enjoyed them too, but something peculiar had gone on in the background prior to their last show and it made you wonder if the whole thing had been a put-on from the start, rather than just a group of a few friends hanging out in graveyards with tape recorders. 

Ksm, agreed that's a good topic for a show, Art certainly has never been afraid to cover dark topics like that.  Iirc, forgot his name but a long time ago Art interviewed a mercenary that supposedly went all over the world breaking hostages out of trouble and disrupting all sorts of seedy underground activity, sort of a real life Punisher.  It was a really good story even if it was bogus, like many of Art's guests were in retrospect.

Queen

I think a great topic would be how many federal laws does this country have? That would make for a very interesting topic lol. I would like to know that number. I did a quick google search and found out that their are too many to count. My guess is if u cant count that many then their are to many. If a paid lawyer can not recite each law then he has no business being a lawyer. If the president can not recite the laws he has no business being a president. So on so forth. Just my humble opinon.

nbirnes

Quote from: Agog on April 17, 2015, 07:02:51 AM
I would find it very enjoyable to hear an Art Bell interview with Douglas Dietrich, or a "host to host" with Jimmy Church.  Maybe open up the one man with a microphone to include a female co host?  Nancy Birnes comes to mind.  She has an intuitive way of digging for something new when a guest is a bit too scripted.  A lot of these guests do a lot of radio guest slots and they tend to sound very scripted.  Nancy has a great skill for this.  Yes, it does make some uncomfortable.  Which is part of the fun.

Thank you for this. I really appreciate it. Dietrich was scheduled and announced the week before, but once he heard our show, he canceled big time, with prejudice.

nbirnes

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 28, 2015, 11:21:36 AM
Hell, they should start their own thread here on BellGab, call it  'Pls put my repped personality on your show ART!'  Or they can just PM MV.

This needs to happen. If bellgab could act as a sort of ... wheelhouse for connecting hosts, agents, guests ... that would be so helpful. A simple thread, maybe. I have some dream guests I'd love to interview, and maybe their agents are actually on here?

Or would the very concept of a davebot be enough to derail such an idea?

nbirnes

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on March 03, 2015, 12:04:48 AM
i would like to see art bell present to bellgab members, a contest to select one of us to be a guest. maybe a free form essay on any subject art bell would be interested in hearing and giving a quarter of an hour air time for the winner. we got it covered from pop culture to friggin rocket science.

I love this idea. One of us! One of us!  :o

nbirnes

Quote from: morgana213 on March 06, 2015, 10:16:09 PM
I'd like an update from the Ghost Buster Gals regarding the Elisa Lam case:  http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/163050/3_Seriously_Creepy_Circumstances_Surrounding .  This was the woman who was found in a water tank on the roof of a LA Hotel.  The video of her behavior before her death is quite disturbing.

OK, that's it. I'm going to press the link and try not to speak to Bill about it. I will fail at the latter, of course. Hope it's not interesting.

nbirnes

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on March 08, 2015, 04:59:54 AM
I forget the fellows name, but I remember a Dark Matter show with a new guy to the paranormal/haunting scene. He was a investigative journalist/author type. The show was brilliant. Any one remember who I'm talking about?

Things of very high strangeness such as encounters with fairies, elfs, gnomes, etc have always interested me for some reason - would make a good open lines. Also shadow people/top hat man. I used to see 'top hat man' all the time as a kid and into my early teens. I was floored the night of the show when this subject was first broached and people were submitting drawings of exactly what I had seen.

We've done several shows with Joel Martin, including ones where he talks in depth about Malachi Martin, his good friend. Joel always amazes me when I talk to him, and I believe his stories. He's been proven right each time, has weird personal histories, and is always open to any questions. He should be more widely known.

Also, I have to admit that I saw the top hat men -- a few of them about three feet tall, and I remember their shadows that were cast on the wall and they were moving. Vivid early memory. So weird.

nbirnes

Quote from: laserjock on March 21, 2015, 07:42:59 AM
Shows about the science of sports such as the physics of baseball, Guests about the drinking water supply and how it is in danger, shows about food additives and the toxification of our food supply, green/natural farming guests, insiders of the stock and other investment markets telling the real dirt about what goes on in the markets of trade and how the common man is being fleeced, shows about Quantum computing and also how semi conductor integrated circuits are made and what is in store for the future, electric car shows, the creators and actors from the movie _Sky Atlas_ and _Snow Piercer_ and other dystopian stories, shows about the increase of certain diseases and maladies such as the rise in numbers of people with diabetes, Alzheimers, etcetera, Marine bioligists and weird animal discoveries, the future of the internet and Artificial intelligence and it's dangers in the future, Shows about Nikola Tesla and other visionaries, shows about Folding@Home and other distributed computing projects, Anything weird science, Shows exposing religious cults such as Scientology and how they are enslaving people in the guise of religion, Show about the Branch Dividians and Waco, TX, Shows about life hacking (stuff about how to make life easier),

Wow. Laserjock, meet Dr. J. Seriously exciting topics, each one webbing to the other.

I can add: the new last-man-on-earth theme that is getting so hot right now, memes from his perspective as meme-farmer, bitcoin for the rest o fus, getting rid of that gestapo time-lord moving of the clocks each year, and the feminizing of the entire round planet, one seemingly disconnected idea at a time. That nanotech masterpiece Diamond Age and Ricky Simpson oil. How to make a fortune on GooTube before it's too late. All the things! Also, GNS.

chefist

I would greatly appreciate a show dedicated to the eerie similarities between three popular supernatural incidences: Mothman at Point Pleasant, WV, Skin Walker Ranch in Utah and the Werewolves of Palmyra, ME. These stories have it all and share between then, Monsters, UFO's and Poltergeist activity!  8)

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2015, 01:28:36 PM
I would greatly appreciate a show dedicated to the eerie similarities between three popular supernatural incidences: Mothman at Point Pleasant, WV, Skin Walker Ranch in Utah and the Werewolves of Palmyra, ME. These stories have it all and share between then, Monsters, UFO's and Poltergeist activity!  8)

Mothman is one of my favorite urban legends. So creepy and alien. I need to read up on the others. Thank you for mentioning them!

Heather Wade

Quote from: NIN3 on April 17, 2015, 09:33:57 AM
I think a great topic would be how many federal laws does this country have? That would make for a very interesting topic lol. I would like to know that number. I did a quick google search and found out that their are too many to count. My guess is if u cant count that many then their are to many. If a paid lawyer can not recite each law then he has no business being a lawyer. If the president can not recite the laws he has no business being a president. So on so forth. Just my humble opinion.

Yeah, this reminds me of that book Three Felonies A Day.  Would be a compelling show.

PING

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on March 24, 2015, 10:02:47 PM

How to disappear completely - One of my favorite shows ever was when Art had on a private investigator who had just written a book about how to disappear from society. I can't remember his name but unfortunately I believe that man has passed. But basically any experts who can explain how to best disappear or get out of the beast in 2015.

Ed Pankau was his name; book was "Hide Your Assets & Disappear" that he promoted. He did two shows with Art in 1999. Both are awesome shows. Art was really digging it, and some of what he said about privacy was true then and even more true now.

I'd love Art to have Barbara on to figure out exactly WTF happened to GIS.  GIS shows were among my favorite to listen to. I got some EVPs myself a few times

Gassy Man

There aren't many topics I want Art to stay away from, so long as he applies his usual style and professionalism.

I would like him to apply whatever fitting logic and inquiry, scientific or otherwise, suits the subject as opposed to Coast to Coast's current reliance on speculation, New Ageism, random chance, mumblety-peg, non sequiturs, fill-in-the-blank, Magic 8 Ball, or whatever forms of irrationality that George and crew brings to the conversation.

PING

Quote from: Gassy Man on April 19, 2015, 01:37:51 AM
There aren't many topics I want Art to stay away from, so long as he applies his usual style and professionalism.

I would like him to apply whatever fitting logic and inquiry, scientific or otherwise, suits the subject as opposed to Coast to Coast's current reliance on speculation, New Ageism, random chance, mumblety-peg, non sequiturs, fill-in-the-blank, Magic 8 Ball, or whatever forms of irrationality that George and crew brings to the conversation.
Ditto. What he ^^ said.

I'd pay $5/month to hear Art read a phone book & enjoy it more than most of the tripe on the radio now

SredniVashtar

Whenever I think about Art discussing UFOs it is usually in terms of the 'extra-terrestrial hypothesis' (or 'ETH'), but there isn't really a whole lot more evidence to support that than there was for goblins, fairies or gods from previous eras. I am sure Art could do lots of programmes about the total weirdness that goes along with UFO sightings that people tend not to mention because they think they will be ridiculed. The UFO research community lacks much of a sense of humour and avoids anything that may detract from the awful serious of it all - like, for instance, the sightings of Bigfoot that are often reported at the same time as a UFO sighting. There is an interesting website called something like 'humanoid sighting reports' by Albert Rosales, that details all the crazy stories that people have told regarding strange things that they have seen, and many of them are so bizarre that you can't help thinking that they are telling the truth. That would be an interesting interview, and I am sure Art would get something interesting out of him.

serenity

Two more things for the list.........

UVB76   and   Booms/trumpets

Nuff said

" May we never go to Hell, but may we always be on the way"

I wouldn't mind hearing another show on HAM or the state of the radio industry. He had a few good ones about HAMs and Pirates I've heard. He should also get people searching for Dallas and Madman, or other guests from long ago.

onan

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on April 22, 2015, 01:27:33 PM

I wouldn't mind hearing another show on HAM or the state of the radio industry. He had a few good ones about HAMs and Pirates I've heard. He should also get people searching for Dallas and Madman, or other guests from long ago.
Per a call-in to the Gabcast, Madman Markham has become a recluse. He is living with his mother and stays isolated from the public.

It is probably some broken 50 year old version of Mad Man, hiding away after he went back in time and grew destitute. BLEAK.

One thing that I really want to hear is Art's read-through of the "news of the day," both mainstream and seriously out-there stuff. That was always one of the best parts of Art-era Coast, and no one did better than him. The lack of that on the show was pretty much my only complaint about Dark Matter.