• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Topics you want Art to cover when he comes back in July!

Started by henge0stone, February 23, 2015, 02:49:55 PM

Lilith

I'd like to hear Art talk about things that he's changed his mind about over the years, kind of like a personal history of how his discussions with guests, or callers in have shaped his present views.  A "how the talk show experience has influenced the ideas I have come to believe currently" type of thing.  I'd like him to have some guests on to discuss their impression of "The End of the Mayan Calendar" experience we had.......or didn't have, depending on their point of view.  I'd like him to have some fun shows like Morgus, and I used to really enjoy when JC would call in.   I really miss JC  lol's.  Can't help it, just do.  Also, I think it would be fun to have some "prediction" guests come back on, who are willing to admit, light heartedly,  the things they were wrong about in the past

Art Bell

Redacted, I gave you a wrong number, send me a email.

Art

zeebo

I read a book once called "The Moral Animal" by Robert Wright, which delved into a topic called "evolutionary psychology".  The idea was that not only has our species evolved physical traits to help us survive, but also psychological traits (such as monogamy, altruism, moral codes).  It was a fascinating idea but I haven't heard much about the field since so perhaps a show on what the current research is saying.

pate

Does this have something to do with the RedAct Signal/Phone (Bat Signal/Phone)?

I think the idea was that only AB would have the keys to this device... Hmm.  Fascinating.

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 20, 2015, 12:38:40 AM
Art is going to lend me his Santana records for the weekend.
Yeah well I love Art but just don't let him wedge in on our Vegas Rush night ok?

chefist

Aldous...are you still going to Rush in Phoenix in July?

Heather Wade

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 20, 2015, 12:43:48 AM
Yeah well I love Art but just don't let him wedge in on our Vegas Rush night ok?

I already traded my ticket to Art for the Santana.  I'm so busted.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2015, 12:45:19 AM
Aldous...are you still going to Rush in Phoenix in July?
Well, I look at it like Rush is going to Phoenix to see me. And Las Vegas. And Madison Square Garden.

Rockaria

You all do realize that you're giving Dave Snoory and his minions all these ideas as well, right? 

Art -- can we just email you with our ideas along with contact info for potential guests?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Rockaria on May 20, 2015, 05:50:54 PM
You all do realize that you're giving Dave Snoory and his minions all these ideas as well, right? 

Art -- can we just email you with our ideas along with contact info for potential guests?

Even with some help Dave still sucks so any theft of ideas would just be a waste.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Rockaria on May 20, 2015, 05:50:54 PM

You can send them to:  producer@artbell.com

gabrielle

I would like to hear a show on spelunking...remember ?  I always wanted to know more.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: gabrielle on May 20, 2015, 07:29:16 PM
I would like to hear a show on spelunking...remember ?  I always wanted to know more.

I remember Art did a great show on spelunking with a lady named Bonnie Crystal some time back, and while in the cave they named rocks after art and Ramona. 

gabrielle

yes, that was her name....it was a great show.  For some reason, the topic fascinates me.  I think there is a lot more to the cave world than we know.  Art could dig it up.

aldousburbank

I spent several summers of my youth in Carlsbad, NM spelunking around. Good stuff! It's an underground thang!

albrecht

Quote from: gabrielle on May 20, 2015, 08:06:15 PM
yes, that was her name....it was a great show.  For some reason, the topic fascinates me.  I think there is a lot more to the cave world than we know.  Art could dig it up.
And scary, like those crazies who go scuba into unexplored underwater rivers, sinkholes, and tunnels. Take scary to the max+. But amazingly cool and interesting. Underground and underwater are often the last terrestrial unexplored or under-explored area left. Would be good shows.

gabrielle

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 08:15:14 PM
And scary, like those crazies who go scuba into unexplored underwater rivers, sinkholes, and tunnels. Take scary to the max+. But amazingly cool and interesting. Underground and underwater are often the last terrestrial unexplored or under-explored area left. Would be good shows.

I agree.  I sometimes wonder why we concentrate on outer space exploration when we have so much here on earth we know so little about.  I read somewhere that scientists have just discovered several new creatures in the sea.  I want to know more and there is no one other than Art who I would like to hear cover the topic.

albrecht

Quote from: gabrielle on May 20, 2015, 08:19:29 PM
I agree.  I sometimes wonder why we concentrate on outer space exploration when we have so much here on earth we know so little about.  I read somewhere that scientists have just discovered several new creatures in the sea.  I want to know more and there is no one other than Art who I would like to hear cover the topic.
I'm all for space exploration but I agree I like exploring our world and actual interesting stuff is often more awesome than speculations (though I love UFO, conspiracy, or such.) I saw a doc on BBC about one rock, basically, in the tidal pool that was amazing. Some much going on there, right in front of ourselves. Crazy good and interesting. And we good go more 'fortean' if Art would get back (or release) the show about "feral people"! There was a guest once who claimed some in Kentucky caves and woods, which was spooky the idea that some humans 'went back' into the caves and woods etc.

Nick el Ass

Space is a topic I'm perhaps overly fascinated by, but under water exploration is very cool too. I was recently reading about the first warm blooded fish they found called the Opah which people have been eating for decades without researching apparently, and it is hard telling what other weird stuff is out there we don't know about.

wr250

how about getting a guest like the woz (steve wozniak)?
the kevin mitnick and capn crunch interviews were really cool IMO.

coaster

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 08:15:14 PM
Underground and underwater are often the last terrestrial unexplored or under-explored area left. Would be good shows.
What a great idea for a show. It would be brilliant. Art, put that on the list.

Art......

Please interview David Paulides!

From his website:

"Missing-411 is the first comprehensive book about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost, some want to disappear but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

A tip from a national park ranger led to 3+ years and a 7000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.

The research depicts 28 clusters of missing people across the continent, something that has never been exposed and was a shocking find to researchers. Topography does play a part into the age of the victims and certain clusters have specific age and sex consistency that is baffling. This is not a phenomenon that has been occurring in just the last few decades, clusters of missing people have been identified as far back as the 1800’s.

Some of the issues that are discussed in each edition:

• The National Park Service attitude toward missing people
• How specific factors in certain cases replicate themselves in different clusters
• Exposing cases involving missing children that aren’t on any national database
• Unusual behavior by bloodhounds/canines involved in the search process
• How storms, berries, swamps, briar patches, boulder fields and victim disabilities play a role in the disappearance
• The strategies of Search and Rescue personnel need to change under specific circumstances "

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/missing_411.html

Would love to hear your take on this matter!