• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Star Trek: The Next Generation (STTNG)

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 07, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

steelbot

Quote from: cweb on February 04, 2014, 08:29:00 AM
Hahaha, "The Captains" is great fun. There are a few times on there where it seems like Patrick Stewart is getting annoyed by Shatner. He gives these subtle little looks and you're waiting for him to throw down, but he's good at suppressing his emotions.
lol - see i can't help but see Stewart as Deputy Director Bullock barking orders such as "Stan!, be a good lad, and get those dead hookers out of the trunk of my car."

area51drone

Maybe I'll have to give the captains another shot.  I got bored with it within about 15 minutes and turned it off.

That movie Safe House looks like a lot of fun!  I've never heard of it but will see if Netflix has it.  (That woman is pretty hot, too!)

area51drone

I cannot watch any of these without thinking "Picard looks so ridiculous doing..  X Y or Z"

Dasein

I am always amazed when I see non-star trek oriented interviews with Patrick Stewart where he begins to rail against the whole concept of ST and the fans who go with it.  Without his stint as "Captain of the Enterprise" he would still be performing in back-street, seedy theatres in London or Glasgow and living exclusively on boxed macaroni and cheese.

b_dubb

Quote from: Dasein on February 10, 2014, 10:03:09 AM
I am always amazed when I see non-star trek oriented interviews with Patrick Stewart where he begins to rail against the whole concept of ST and the fans who go with it.  Without his stint as "Captain of the Enterprise" he would still be performing in back-street, seedy theatres in London or Glasgow and living exclusively on boxed macaroni and cheese.
Stewart was an accomplished actor prior to ST NG. Picard was a break out role for him but don't think he wasn't successful.  He was well known prior to ST in England.

zeebo

Quote from: guildnavigator on February 10, 2014, 05:21:10 PM
Gurney!

That's weird.  I just re-read Dune, and had in my mind that Stewart played Stilgar in the movie, not Gurney -  I suppose I unconsciously thought it would have been better casting.

Quote from: b_dubb on February 10, 2014, 05:01:48 PM
Stewart was an accomplished actor prior to ST NG. Picard was a break out role for him but don't think he wasn't successful.  He was well known prior to ST in England.

Not really true. He was a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company for almost 20 years with Ben Kingsley  and had minor roles in English television and film. Even so, he was not a household name in England until he took the role in STTNG. He certainly wasn't a rich man like he is now. The guy got lucky and was at the right place at the right time with the right person listening to him doing a reading. His career does resemble the life aof a fine wine and he got better with age. His twitter account is a riot btw :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart#Early_work

Anyways, kinda off topic but still trek related; anyone else watching this? http://boingboing.net/2014/02/10/star-trek-continues-episode-2.html

area51drone

I think I just found a picture of the first part Klingon part Human!

Jackstar

Quote from: b_dubb on February 13, 2014, 12:16:20 PM
An unbelievably bad sci fi flick
believe it! I want this shit on Blu-Ray, I just can not get enough of all this Christmas ham.

Lifeforce (6/10) Movie CLIP - Her True Form (1985) HD

b_dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on February 13, 2014, 12:23:23 PM
believe it! I want this shit on Blu-Ray, I just can not get enough of all this Christmas ham.

Lifeforce (6/10) Movie CLIP - Her True Form (1985) HD

that fella has a serious man crush on  ol' "stewie"

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: area51drone on February 18, 2014, 06:20:05 AM
One Troi, One Cup...  what is she REALLY talking about here?

Nice armpit hair in area51drone pic. Certainly should give indication of how long since last shower w/water and soap was in other areas. I wonder if there's a law against a human resource's dept hiring the qualified candidate based on having armpit hair or not w/all other qualities best. It's so cold at night here, I haven't even seen if there's a full moon out now though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on February 18, 2014, 10:26:30 AM
Nice armpit hair in area51drone pic. Certainly should give indication of how long since last shower w/water and soap was in other areas. I wonder if there's a law against a human resource's dept hiring the qualified candidate based on having armpit hair or not w/all other qualities best. It's so cold at night here, I haven't even seen if there's a full moon out now though.

ugh.  exhausting.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on May 23, 2014, 10:08:51 AM
20 years is DEFINITELY hard to believe.
I've been a "Trekkie" since '64.  Loved TNG.  I have all the movies on DVD and the series in my Netflix Instant Stream queue.  After reading the article from the link you posted, I think I'll watch this series again (for the umpteenth time lol).

Thanks for the heads-up MV.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on May 23, 2014, 12:17:10 PM
that was bigchucka.
Well then . . . thanks for the heads-up bigchucka!  ;)
And thank you MV for the heads-up on the heads-up!  ;)  ;D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 23, 2014, 12:16:07 PM
I've been a "Trekkie" since '64.  Loved TNG.  I have all the movies on DVD and the series in my Netflix Instant Stream queue.  After reading the article from the link you posted, I think I'll watch this series again (for the umpteenth time lol).

Thanks for the heads-up MV.  ;)

Since '64?  How the heck did you get the first season two years before the rest of us?  Are you John Titor?

BTW, does anyone remember the sketch Patrick Stewart did on SNL many years ago in which he was the owner of an erotic bakery?  The catch was that his sole idea of erotic was "women going to the bathroom."

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on May 23, 2014, 12:34:37 PM
Since '64?  How the heck did you get the first season two years before the rest of us?  Are you John Titor? ...

A time traveller watching Star Trek?  Maybe to them it's a documentary?