• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on December 19, 2017, 01:27:23 PM
Absolutely correct.  I recently downloaded all the "X Minus One" radio shows, at no charge.  Classic sci-fi shows that put most of today's radio and TV to shame.  Thanks for reminding me, Albrecht.  I may listen to a few tonight.  "Theater of the mind" can indeed outdo CGI.

No problem. Great series. There are a few companies still putting out "radio plays" but not as many as in the old days. But can be found on youtubes, archive.org, and other sites. BBC still does them sometime.
From last night C2C there was one funny part, a caller called in and said "you don't need to go to the Charlie Chan School for Detectives in Singapore to  know that..."

Zetaspeak

From C2C site

C2C is excited to announce our new affiliates in several Canadian cities: CIRH in Vancouver (starting 12/25), CFRB in Toronto (starting 1/1/18), and CFKR in Kelowna (starting 1/15/18). We are looking to replace several other markets in Canada, where there has been a switch-up. Stay tuned for further announcements.

Breath easy, it seems like they are just moving affiliates. Canada can still hear all their American right-wing talking points and snake oil medical advice.

Personally I would love to see C2C loses affiliates on any side of the border

expat

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: expat on December 19, 2017, 05:54:33 PM
For anybody listening to Mike Bara tonight: Please bear in mind that he's a liar and a cheat.

https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2017/06/mike-bara-confesses-that-he-cheated.html

At least I gather that he'll acknowledge that what he says is fiction.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 18, 2017, 07:38:26 PM

This had me in hysterics!!

I also imagine the women asking you to explain your involuntary laughter at such a simple sentiment, and your halting attempt to clarify.... ;D
Please do fill us in!

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on December 15, 2017, 09:47:58 PM
GNS.  Let's see who can fast from his shows the longest!  Ok to listen to other hosts!

Repeat after me, "I solemnly state:. I abstain!"
Abstention Day 2!

I'm grumpy to miss the show, but it's worth it.  Because dueing these holidays, I got sick of hearing mention of Hooters (and not in rebards to the mass shooting), spin the bottle, "beautiful" bikini girls, and James Bond (aka cavewoman bikini girls) bumper music.

The news segment doesn't count toward abstention, though. 

GravitySucks

Bara is an idiot. Claims the F-18 footage is an X-47B “because he worked on it”. Which didn’t fly until 2011. The footage is reportedly from 2004.

Jojo

Any word on why the bumper music is not listed for Monday?  I don't miss seeing Bond songs, but many of the others are usually fun.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2017, 12:10:30 PM
In defense of Norry old time radio shows many people weren't around in 1941 and might have never even heard OTR shows before and will be pleasantly surprised as to the quality, especially if they consider Norry's C2C a "radio show." Many of the OTR shows are better than the crap seen on tv today and feature better actors and production quality. Also a 'theater of the mind' since audio only.
I apologize.  I did not mean to say anything against old radio shows. The local station usually played them from 11 - 1AM before putting Noorie on.  The only reason that I sometimes accidentally heard noory is because the radio was still on form when I was listening to them.

I love (most) of them. Some of the best listening around... I'm just surprised to now find them on a number of extra hours.

As for C2C finding new affiliates- I couldn't care less if they reappear in my local market (and I cannot think of an AM station who would have them fit their format and accept them...)  ;D

Quote from: WOTR on December 20, 2017, 04:32:41 AM
I apologize.  I did not mean to say anything against old radio shows. The local station usually played them from 11 - 1AM before putting Noorie on.  The only reason that I sometimes accidentally heard noory is because the radio was still on form when I was listening to them.

I love (most) of them. Some of the best listening around... I'm just surprised to now find them on a number of extra hours.

As for C2C finding new affiliates- I couldn't care less if they reappear in my local market (and I cannot think of an AM station who would have them fit their format and accept them...)  ;D

One thing is for sure.  There are fewer commercials on those old radio shows. LOL.  I like The Shadow and Mercury Theater on The Air ( Campbell's Soup).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK4frrg7SyU

Quote from: Jojo on December 20, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
Any word on why the bumper music is not listed for Monday?  I don't miss seeing Bond songs, but many of the others are usually fun.

Just for you.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1nK7q2i8I

expat

George Noory, YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Look, Georgie, suppose some loony comes on your show and says something utterly daft like "The real purpose of Apollo was to retrieve Anunnaki technology from the Moon and bring it back." WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY is "Oh really? So what did they get and where tf is it now?"

Suppose the same loony says "The story about us being warned off the Moon was buzzing all over Houston within hours of the first landing. My friend Ken Johnston worked for NASA and he confirmed it." WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY is "How the fuck would Ken know? His contract with Grumman was over. He watched the landing on TV, with his wife's parents."

YOU FAILED last night with that liar Mike Bara. YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jojo on December 20, 2017, 01:59:56 AM
Please do fill us in!

I refer the honorable gentleman to the Founding Father's inaugural post....

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"July 19, 2007

expat

Quote from: expat on December 20, 2017, 09:16:09 AM
George Noory, YOU'RE FIRED!!!

NOTE HOWEVER: The book Bara was invited to plug for two hours went from Amazon ranking 365,637 / 16,698 SciFi to 31,636 / 2,419 SciFi overnight.

GravitySucks

Quote from: expat on December 20, 2017, 11:48:07 AM

NOTE HOWEVER: The book Bara was invited to plug for two hours went from Amazon ranking 365,637 / 16,698 SciFi to 31,636 / 2,419 SciFi overnight.

Maybe that was Thomas in LaJolla.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 20, 2017, 09:43:59 AM

I refer the honorable gentleman to the Founding Father's inaugural post....

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"July 19, 2007
I remember hearing that.  Pretty offensive of him.  I dont think his question is worth exploring, be ause there are so many other, more relevent aspects to child abuse.  I cant tell if he meant a one-time isolated abuse, or chronic abuse.

I think everyone knows that mean individuals can have pampered or abused backgrounds.

And that abused individuals can become abusers, or victim-types. And we've all heard of abused boys who ended up destroying their fathers as soon as the boys grew into men.  Whether the baby turned out victimized or turned into a victimized abuser itself is a topic that is entirely irrelevant because harming babies is heinous and the point should be that baby abuse always results in some sort of damage.

Someone I know was mean to a baby, knocking it out of its crib.  But the baby remained a generally pleasant baby.  Whike the abuser ended up getting tangled in the crib slats and broke her leg!

I saw a man yell at and abuse a baby pet very recklessly and with force.  No bones broke.  The baby pet, moved to a different environment, remained a pleasant pet, although timid.

Maybe George simply is wondering if he provoked his turtle into being mean, and biting him.  That is probably the deeper issue here.  But I hope not.  But, why would a grown man ask such a pointedly irrelevent question about child abuse?
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%] It takes deliberation to be mean.  Babies mostly absorb their environment.  The late toddler years is when a baby is taught to understand empathy, and that their own actions affect other people.  In order to be mean, a baby would have to understand what the other person is feeling.  And you know babies and one and two-year olds don't understand what kids around them feel.  Because they are still in the "id" phase of selfishness.  It's when they start fighting over toys that they start to learn they are not the center of the world.[/size]

Morgus

Noory has Doc Wallet on as guest again tonight, but this time Noory says he will be talking about pet's health instead of humans.
Makes sense since the Doc is actually a veterinarian...

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Morgus on December 21, 2017, 12:16:20 AM
Noory has Doc Wallet on as guest again tonight, but this time Noory says he will be talking about pet's health instead of humans.

Will he recommend I feed my dog a couple of dozen eggs a day? And what does Wallet The Vet have to offer that Dinovite doesn't?

A new low for Coast? Pet health advice?? Bring on the cat ladies!

George's gerbils aren't doing well

Dateline

Neither are the turtles.

This selling to pets, is just another push to sell more supplements.  You can now buy supplements for yourself and for Fido and Kitty. 

So do we call the fake doctor 'Vet Wallach' now?

Pets. Makes me wonder if the Snoory and Wallach clown show are getting some heat for practicing medicine. Probably not, but I can hope.

And how come Vet Wallet doesn't have some magic minerals that can fix his weird speech impediment? He either slurs or leaves out entire words when he talks- what's up with that?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dateline on December 21, 2017, 12:43:23 AM
Neither are the turtles.

This selling to pets, is just another push to sell more supplements.  You can now buy supplements for yourself and for Fido and Kitty.

Where ya been? Your vet will probably report you to the authorities if you don't buy your dog a $100 bag of food, you monster! ::) :P

Somebody needs to call in and say 'Dead Vets Don't Lie'

NoMoreNoory

Spot on about about the speech, R-e H. He always sounds like a speed-talking drunk. 'nine essential nutrients' always sounds like 'ninety cent nutrients'.

Quote from: Dateline on December 21, 2017, 12:43:23 AM
Neither are the turtles.

Fido doesn't like them.  Have to put cheeze over them but even then if the pill is too big, dog will spit it out.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 21, 2017, 12:49:43 AM
Spot on about about the speech, R-e H. He always sounds like a speed-talking drunk. 'nine essential nutrients' always sounds like 'ninety cent nutrients'.

I figure Wallet only does that when he's lying....

Morgus

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 21, 2017, 12:24:01 AM
Will he recommend I feed my dog a couple of dozen eggs a day?
Yes, he actually just did recommend feeding a caller's dog, some eggs...

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 21, 2017, 12:50:14 AM

Fido doesn't like them.  Have to put cheeze over them but even then if the pill is too big, dog will spit it out.

Give Fido eggs. About 25 a day ought to do.  And some 'Magic Sauce'.

Jojo

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on December 21, 2017, 12:44:52 AM

So do we call the fake doctor 'Vet Wallach' now?

Pets. Makes me wonder if the Snoory and Wallach clown show are getting some heat for practicing medicine. Probably not, but I can hope.

And how come Vet Wallet doesn't have some magic minerals that can fix his weird speech impediment? He either slurs or leaves out entire words when he talks- what's up with that?
That is an adorable avatar!  Do you have more pics?

I am fasting from the show,(except the news segment) since friday, getting tired of recent mentions of Hooters, spin the bottle, "beautiful" bikini girls, and James Bond songs (bikini girls again).

Tonite i almost broke my fast, as i love pets.  But i got back to abstaining as soon as they played the Petula Clark two-timing-man song.  What possible justification could exist for a song about a woman politely and sweetly bowing out, wanting just one more kiss, and encouraging her lover to leave then, and go be with someone knew he gas been intimate with.  Wow.  One more kiss - she wants to risk catching the other woman's herpes, I guess. God only knows what kind of diseases a woman has, who is willing to be intimate with anither woman's man.  And Petula, what a doormat!  What a horrible role model.

Have they said why the bumper music is kissing from Monday's show?  I dont mind if they leave out the Bond songs, but it is nice to have the song list.