• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jocko Johnson

As too all this disgusting trash talk about Art that is being, re-addressed and brought up  here now at this particular time and place has my "Spidey sense tingling." 
I said as well as many others did that we needed to be prepared for these dirty tricks. It's so obvious. I think we all know where this is coming from and who is behind it. I'd bet the ranch that the filthy hand of some guys we all know and dispise have their finger prints all over this sad attempt to put Art in a bad light. Art it's gotta be just like water off a duck ass baby!!...to those responsible,
GO AND FUCK YOUR SELVES!

Now on to something completely different!
Art the other day you mentioned that you had a big announcement coming today I believe? I don't think I missed it.
Can you please tell us when, where and how...Thx and stay strong dude!

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:12:01 AM
UPDATE

THE AMA HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE OFFICIAL IAMA SUBREDDIT

It is still scheduled for the same day and time. Tuesday, July 14th, at 6:30 pm eastern/ 3:30 pm pacific

It will be added to the calendar on the IAMA sub soon. Thank you for your feedback and patience. It is better to have it on the official IAMA sub being that they do have 8.6 million subscribers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

PLEASE REPOST/TWEET/FACEBOOK THE DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION OF THIS AMA TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Art Bell AMA
Tuesday, July 14th, 6:30 pm Eastern/ 3:30pm pacific
Rossy, just to confirm, is this the AMA?

soulburner

Only wanted to say I joined the Time Travelers. Didn't use PayPal in ages so it was a little painful to set up but it's done :)
Which reminds me I should get some food for my cat too, she should wake up any second now ;)

GravitySucks

Public Service Announcement
NEVER PUT GHOST PEPPERS IN THE MICROWAVE
I had a 4 oz glass jar grinder full of dried ghost peppers. They were sticking together so I put them in the microwave to dry them out.
Evidently I hit 10 minutes instead of 1 minute. I left the room and then started smelling trouble.
They had caught on fire in the microwave and it was all I could do to get through the toxic cloud to shut off the microwave and douse the flames. I almost gave up.
I have gone through chemical weapons training in the air force where you were forced to take off your mask and breathe the cloud. That was nothing compared to roasting ghost peppers.
I think future generations will always call this the Chipotle house.
Luckily I had some PPE breathing masks by my back door. That allowed me to reenter to make sure the fire was out and to be able to air out the house.
Now I have to order a new bag of ghost peppers.
Damn that stuff is hot. Now I know why India decided to weaponize it.

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on July 13, 2015, 01:38:12 AM
as for Reddit, I don't know anything about it

0_0

QuoteI type on my IPhone

sigh

MAX

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 13, 2015, 08:50:49 AM
Well that reminds me of the joke about the man who used to go around with a spray all the time, spraying all over the place. Eventually someone asked him what he was doing:

- "It's to keep the kangaroos away"
- "But there aren't any kangaroos here"
- "Exactly!"

You can't really say whether it was true one way or the other.

I remember at the time all the talk was how we were so unprepared for the calamity that was going to fall on us, and you had that strange man Gary North on who was really getting off on the prospect of societal breakdown. I think it had more to do
with millennial anxiety than anything else, although perhaps there was an element of truth that got overblown, in typical media style. As a general rule of thumb, whenever someone predicts something, you know it is guaranteed not to happen.

Still waiting for the Killshot.

"you can't really say whether it was true one way or the other."   Wrong[/size]

[/size]
The programming on many many systems and applications did not go past 1999, when tested with 2000 they failed. I tested them I saw them fail.  This was true , this happened. If not fixed they would fail period and access would fail, think banks, government data , hospitals, medical records, military etc. etc . They were fixed. Art's statements are correct. If you worked 70 hours a week for a year fixing it you would not be questioning it. 

[/size]

[/size]

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 13, 2015, 10:57:02 AM
Public Service Announcement
NEVER PUT GHOST PEPPERS IN THE MICROWAVE
I had a 4 oz glass jar grinder full of dried ghost peppers. They were sticking together so I put them in the microwave to dry them out.
Evidently I hit 10 minutes instead of 1 minute. I left the room and then started smelling trouble.
They had caught on fire in the microwave and it was all I could do to get through the toxic cloud to shut off the microwave and douse the flames. I almost gave up.
I have gone through chemical weapons training in the air force where you were forced to take off your mask and breathe the cloud. That was nothing compared to roasting ghost peppers.
I think future generations will always call this the Chipotle house.
Luckily I had some PPE breathing masks by my back door. That allowed me to reenter to make sure the fire was out and to be able to air out the house.
Now I have to order a new bag of ghost peppers.
Damn that stuff is hot. Now I know why India decided to weaponize it.

reminded me of the most disturbing movie I've ever seen: Bad Boy Bubby (illegal in some countries due to weird content

awaiting Jackstar's opinion of this movie.

aldousburbank

I think the big wow will be Art announcing that The Tragedy From Pittsburgh tm will be interviewing him.

Jackstar

Quote from: ASC on July 13, 2015, 11:22:55 AM

Oh, it's a must-see.

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 13, 2015, 11:33:54 AM
I think the big wow will be Art announcing that The Tragedy From Pittsburgh tm will be interviewing him.

LadyFish

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:12:01 AM
UPDATE

THE AMA HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE OFFICIAL IAMA SUBREDDIT

PLEASE REPOST/TWEET/FACEBOOK THE DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION OF THIS AMA TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Art Bell AMA
Tuesday, July 14th, 6:30 pm Eastern/ 3:30pm pacific

I just saw that Art's AMA was officially placed on the sidebar AMA schedule!

When I clicked Art's name, it linked to his Wikipedia page. There is no mention of Art's July 20 return with Midnight in the Desert!

If there are any Bellgabbers that know how to update Wikipedia pages, please update Arts.

Thanks!

Great news about /r/iama, Ross, and thanks for doing the legwork. Art will be great, though he should lurk a bit and get a feel for how comment chains work on reddit because it can be confusing at first. I hope that Keith can help answer questions on a second account (like the Edward Snowden AMA that featured Laura Poitras and Glenn Greenwald) and get the word out about DMDN, the free live broadcast in addition to The Other Side of Midnight, Richard's New Horizons marathon event, the test show, and the $5/month archive that can be locked at that price if you sign up now.

chefist

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on July 13, 2015, 11:54:19 AM
Great news about /r/iama, Ross, and thanks for doing the legwork. Art will be great, though he should lurk a bit and get a feel for how comment chains work on reddit because it can be confusing at first. I hope that Keith can help answer questions on a second account (like the Edward Snowden AMA that featured Laura Poitras and Glenn Greenwald) and get the word out about DMDN, the free live broadcast in addition to The Other Side of Midnight, Richard's New Horizons marathon event, the test show, and the $5/month archive that can be locked at that price if you sign up now.
6Week...I guess you can post questions there early, right? Do people do that? I just replied to someone about Art being on at 6:30pm ET tomorrow...

Quote from: ASC on July 13, 2015, 11:22:55 AM
reminded me of the most disturbing movie I've ever seen: Bad Boy Bubby (illegal in some countries due to weird content

I was about to say, 'Wasn't Jackstar in that movie?'

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 13, 2015, 12:10:39 PM
I was about to say, 'Wasn't Jackstar in that movie?'

The images attached to Reply #48461 on: Today at 10:35:45 and Reply #48462 on: Today at 10:37:24 need to be switched, in order to retain appropriate context. Thanks in advance.

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 11:59:34 AM
6Week...I guess you can post questions there early, right? Do people do that? I just replied to someone about Art being on at 6:30pm ET tomorrow...

They'll post an entirely new thread there when the AMA goes live and Art can post the links to his website, DMDN, and all of the relevant information he wants to get out there in the first post. For our part, we should upvote the good questions to make them easy to see. In the meantime, Art should check out some past AMAs to get a feel for how these things usually go. It will be fun, don't worry.

from r/IAmA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2a5vg8/i_am_buzz_aldrin_engineer_american_astronaut_and/

from r/IAmA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2rgsan/i_am_elon_musk_ceocto_of_a_rocket_company_ama/

from r/IAmA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1uqlmf/i_am_sir_david_attenborough_im_on_reddit_ama/

from r/IAmA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vhjag/bill_murray_here_ok_ill_talk_ill_talk/

Jackstar

I'm going to go on record here--when a swarm of loathsome smacktards flood that AMA with rude, insensitive, insulting, boorish and obnoxious questions, they will not be from me, nor any of my agents.

Best of luck! It won't be so bad.

chefist

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on July 13, 2015, 12:15:18 PM

from r/IAmA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vhjag/bill_murray_here_ok_ill_talk_ill_talk/
This is very helpful, 6week...so the most popular questions get moved up to the top of the thread...that is great! I was looking at the calendar trying to find a live chat, and there is one there, but when I did a search for Nikki Finke, nothing came up...does blue mean "pending" and black mean "confirmed" in the calendar?

lasertron

I wrote this quick copypasta if anyone wants to use it, either Art for the AMA (you'll at least have to post a little bio and your "proof," the photo of you with the paper--mods will probably help you with this) or for anyone who wants to post on Facebook/blogs/Tumblr.

Wanna take a ride? Art Bell is returning to broadcasting with a new show, Midnight in the Desert, on July 20th on the Dark Matter Digital Network. MITD will broadcast free from the Monday through Friday from 9pm-midnight PST/midnight-3am EST. You can download the TuneIn radio app, listen online at ArtBell.com, or hear the show over the air in selected radio markets.

See ArtBell.com for more details and information about radio legend Art Bell’s return to the air, how you can sign up for a subscription membership and access archived shows on-demand, and to see a list of terrestrial radio stations carrying the show. From the high desert, in the great American Southwest...mark your calendars for July 20.

lasertron

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 12:17:19 PM
I'm going to go on record here--when a swarm of loathsome smacktards flood that AMA with rude, insensitive, insulting, boorish and obnoxious questions, they will not be from me, nor any of my agents.

If this happens, SERIOUSLY ignore them. Their comments will float to the bottom and your dignity will be intact. :)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MAX on July 13, 2015, 11:21:58 AM

"you can't really say whether it was true one way or the other."   Wrong[/size]

[/size]
The programming on many many systems and applications did not go past 1999, when tested with 2000 they failed. I tested them I saw them fail.  This was true , this happened. If not fixed they would fail period and access would fail, think banks, government data , hospitals, medical records, military etc. etc . They were fixed. Art's statements are correct. If you worked 70 hours a week for a year fixing it you would not be questioning it. 

[/size]

[/size]

Fair enough. Although your eloquent reply might have carried a little more weight if you'd previewed it first. Those 70 hour weeks must have taken their toll.

always will be trolls on reddit. Will always be butt hurt people not happy their question wasn't answered.

If Art wanted to help himself, answer everything. Spin the troll questions, or troll back. It may be hard answering an AMA on an iphone, maybe assemble a small team who fire the questions at you and dictate your responses. Make the AMA legendary.

Quote from: Art Bell on July 13, 2015, 02:40:36 AM
I don't do is run scared, it's just not in my DNA.
I try not to pick fights but if hit, I will hit back.

Art
Damn straight.
When things get calmed back down and you have the time, would you talk to us about J.C. sometime? Perhaps a little Q & A.

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 12:14:30 PM
The images attached to Reply #48461 on: Today at 10:35:45 and Reply #48462 on: Today at 10:37:24 need to be switched, in order to retain appropriate context. Thanks in advance.

As much as I appreciate the graphic, I was really hoping you could explain to me the moral, or the underlying message. I remember only the wrong things, wrong things I can never unremember.

Jackstar

Quote from: ASC on July 13, 2015, 01:07:15 PM
As much as I appreciate the graphic, I was really hoping you could explain to me the moral, or the underlying message. I remember only the wrong things, wrong things I can never unremember.

I live where it is legal to commune with the kind messenger. I don't remember a fucking thing about that film, other than that I'll never see it again.

FortRock

REMEMBER ART BELL WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 12:17:19 PM

I read an AMA by Steve Buscemi and he had someone fielding the questions to him. He started out by saying he was really uncomfortable doing the AMA(or something along those lines) Seemed like she (the person helping Steve) was picking out the good ones and he would answer those. He also got a little freaked when he felt like he was being psychoanalyzed. If I recall correctly it was when he was asked about which type of sandwich he would prefer. I bring this up because maybe Art might want to consider having someone field the questions to him. I know that seems kind of like screening calls but with the sheer amount of questions it might be the way to go.