• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 17, 2017, 07:12:15 AM
I'm no economist, didn't realize that you were. If not, your opinion is as good as mine... I think consumer confidence is a major driving factor in the health of any economy...

Exactly.  If those rat bastards in Venezuela had more consumer confidence, they could have their damn brownies and cake.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article138964428.html 

Those ingrates in North Korea really should be exuding consumer confidence instead of looking for grass and leaves to eat.  Who knew Africa and much of the third word were economic basket cases with bouts of starvation because of a simple lack of consumer confidence. 

No, I don't think your opinions on economics are as valid as mine.  Or as valid as anyone's after reading that.  But you're a critical thinker, so there's that.

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 17, 2017, 08:31:06 AM
It's never struck me that America's problems are due to a surfeit of over-education.

Whom to trust when it comes to health-care reform? Trump supporters put their faith in him- Washington Post

NASHVILLE â€" Soon after Charla McComic’s son lost his job, his health-insurance premium dropped from $567 per month to just $88, a “blessing from God” that she believes was made possible by President Trump.

“I think it was just because of the tax credit,” said McComic, 52, a former first-grade teacher.

The price change was actually thanks to a subsidy made possible by former president Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, which is still in place, not by the tax credits proposed by Republicans as part of the health-care bill still being considered by Congress.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 17, 2017, 08:31:06 AM
It's never struck me that America's problems are due to a surfeit of over-education...

See, you learn something new every day.  We have plenty of people educated beyond their intelligence.  They tend to live in the Northeast, West Coast, and large cities, and have ruined those areas with their dumb, destructive, ''Progressive'' policies. 

Having ruined those areas, they are now fanning out across the rest of America to escape the crime, high taxes, falling apart infrastructure, bureaucracy, lousy schools, lousy business environment, unemployment, and dependency they created.  Of course the first thing they do in their new environment is try to get people elected to implement the very same failed policies that created the disaster they claim to be escaping.

A sizable percentage have fancy degrees from top schools.  Most of the rest went to good schools, many also have advanced degrees.  If they aren't dumb people educated beyond their intelligence, how would you describe it?

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 10:56:50 AM
See, you learn something new every day.  We have plenty of people educated beyond their intelligence.  They tend to live in the Northeast, West Coast, and large cities, and have ruined those areas with their dumb, destructive, ''Progressives'' policies. .. If they aren't dumb people educated beyond their intelligence, how would you describe it?

Smart, well-educated. Excellent at independent, critical thinking  8) #CalExit 8)

Quote from: TigerLily on March 17, 2017, 11:02:31 AM
Smart, well-educated. Excellent at independent, critical thinking  8) #CalExit

Yeah, that's not what people think of when they think of SF, LA, or the California State Government anymore. 

CalExit, yes, leave, but just the Democrat one-party rule coastal counties.  You certainly wouldn't want non-''Progressive'' famers and other ignorant hicks from the northern, central, and southern counties, foothills or Sierras to dilute your national vote, assuming Nancy Pelosi will authorize elections in her new fiefdom.  Don't worry, we'll still sell you food and offer tourist packages to Tahoe and Yosemite.

But don't expect that immigrating from the People's Republic of California back into the US will be easy, or that you'd be welcome.

Smart, well-educated. Excellent at independent, critical thinking  8) #CalExit 8)

Quote from: TigerLily on March 17, 2017, 10:49:01 AM
... “I think it was just because of the tax credit,” said McComic, 52, a former first-grade teacher.

The price change was actually thanks to a subsidy made possible by former president Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, which is still in place, not by tax credits...

Is Mrs McComic and her confusion over basic issues affecting her family an example of the ''smart, well-educated, excellent at independent, critical thinking'' person you were referring to? 

The troubling part of that isn't her ignorance, or her belief her uninformed opinion is as valid as anyone else's and is thus willing to blather to the media, it's that she's a first grade teacher.  Yay NEA.

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 11:09:39 AM
Yeah, ... CalExit, yes, leave, ...

Gavin Newsome, First President of the United Counties of California

Quote from: TigerLily on March 17, 2017, 11:29:30 AM
Gavin Newsome, First President of the United Counties of California

There really is no bottom for this group.

Well, Gavin's a bottom, but that's a different subject.

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 11:19:34 AM

Is Mrs McComic and her confusion over basic issues affecting her family an example of the ''smart, well-educated, excellent at independent, critical thinking''person Trump supporter you were referring to? 

The troubling part of that isn't her ignorance, or her belief her uninformed opinion is as valid as anyone else's and is thus willing to blather to the media, it's that she's a first grade teacher and Trump supporter.

FIFM

starrmtn001

LIVE STREAM: President Donald Trump and Chancellor Angela Merkel Hold a Joint Press Conference.  3.17.17.

https://youtu.be/-CiFdaUa44Y

starrmtn001

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 17, 2017, 11:55:09 AM
LIVE STREAM: President Donald Trump and Chancellor Angela Merkel Hold a Joint Press Conference.  3.17.17.

https://youtu.be/-CiFdaUa44Y

Looks like they are getting ready to start.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 07:59:45 AM
Most people? Name them son. Hatred only hates the hater; consumed with all that emotional energy. Sad. :-\

Here, watch, learn! I know you won't but you REALLY should!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6R9bqTa8AE

Kidnostad3

There is no one more limited in their perspective, doctrine bound and engaged in group think mutual masturbation than liberal urbanites.  Under their benevolent progressive governments inner cities have become cesspools trapping generations of minorities in poverty and ignorance and squandering billions on failed programs and graft.  If your enlightened political and academic elite are such benefactors of the working class and poor why has the number of the former declined dramatically and that of the latter increased percipitously as percentages of the population. 

Why is the U.S, ranked 14th among developed countries in education.  Progressive liberals have been in charge of academia since the sixties and what they have delivered is high school graduates that can't read and college graduates that are well schooled in leftist doctrine but owing to drastically lowered academic standards far behind their contemporaries in other western nations, China and Japan.  However,  our educationally deprived collegians rank number one in the world in girlish sensitivity, lack of any tolerance for the ideas of others and a sense of entitlement that is just plain embarrassing.  Well, so much for Meister's "world class education system."

Up All Night

Trump budget chops all funding for PBS, NPR

Trump’s budget would zero out the $445 million budget for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting

''America First' blueprint also includes 'deep cuts to foreign aid'

WINNING ! !  ;D

http://www.thewrap.com/trump-budget-killing-funding-pbs-npr-national-endowment-arts-public-broadcasting/

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 11:31:17 AM
There really is no bottom for this group.

Well, Gavin's a bottom, but that's a different subject.

It's He's got the SF vote.

Lt.Uhura

[attachment id=1 msg=1024913]

Dr. MD MD

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 17, 2017, 10:26:19 AM
You know your post had me persuaded right up until the very bottom line where you cite the source as being CNN. 

In keeping with your method for dealing with apparently authoritative pronouncements that run contrary to your views I will ask the question:  Would you expect the CGHQ to admit having done what it has been accused of.  Even you will admit that this is a legitimate question.  How much was publicly denied about Watergate that later proved to be true?  The other question I would ask is who or what is CNNs source for this information or did I miss it?

As always, I will suspend judgement until all pertinent facts have come to light and have withstood scrutiny.  How was this covered by the Brit news media?

You asked; just because its CNN doesn't make it wrong. But you stick to Fox and Alex Jones. That way you'll keep Bannon happy.

Former director GCHQ: Trump's claim 'outlandish' - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39301932

Outlandish is diplomatic speak for "He's a nutcase and should be locked up, but don't drag us into your fucking fairy tales, you orange, lying wanker"

And here Trump is claiming the shit Spicer came out with was bollox from Fox. Lolol..POTUS has access to the most sophisticated intel gathering in the world yet gets his 'intelligence' from the media he despises so much, but can't live without. Lol

Trump distances White House from GCHQ wiretap claim - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39310075

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 02:43:24 PM
Its okay now. No need to try and bolster Trump's bs. He's denied he said he was tapped now and spotted a new shiny thing.
I just wonder why ESD America assumes it is a foreign government monitoring people's smartphone in the DC area. Obviously we are spied upon by foreign governments but considering the location and what is admitted, or leaked, about various domestic agencies spying on civilians, and even Congress, and even down to local police agencies using things like StingRay to monitor cell phone traffic why, unless they have additional information, that they would default to "its a foreign country?" I would assume that DC traffic, of all kinds physical and electronic, is likely one of the most monitored for "security reasons," and maybe other reasons.
http://wtop.com/national-security/2017/03/suspicious-cell-activity-suggests-monitoring-u-s-officials/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on March 17, 2017, 03:06:37 PM
I just wonder why ESD America assumes it is a foreign government monitoring people's smartphone in the DC area. Obviously we are spied upon by foreign governments but considering the location and what is admitted, or leaked, about various domestic agencies spying on civilians, and even Congress, and even down to local police agencies using things like StingRay to monitor cell phone traffic why, unless they have additional information, that they would default to "its a foreign country?" I would assume that DC traffic, of all kinds physical and electronic, is likely one of the most monitored for "security reasons," and maybe other reasons.
http://wtop.com/national-security/2017/03/suspicious-cell-activity-suggests-monitoring-u-s-officials/

Not everyone in Trump tower is American. A couple of floors are leased out (afaik) to the Chinese. Extrapolate that to NY as a whole, and you have lots of opportunity for the spooks to surveil foreign interests (spooks) that are masquarading as companies.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 03:15:37 PM
Not everyone in Trump tower is American. A couple of floors are leased out (afaik) to the Chinese. Extrapolate that to NY as a whole, and you have lots of opportunity for the spooks to surveil foreign interests (spooks) that are masquarading as companies.
This revelation is regarding DC metro area cell phones but I'm sure NYC is heavily monitored also by domestic agencies. I recall hearing in central London that all cars, if one is foolish enough to want to drive, have their license plates are scanned and monitored. I know at our airports security knows where are the cars are parked. (I found this out because I couldn't recall where I parked and so asked. And they looked up on the computer and told me the space. I actually was impressed considered the number of cars and activity. Not sure how often they update the info or how many cars they have driving around grabbing the plate numbers.) Our cops now also drive around and scan plates that identify if any warrants, criminal history of owners, lapsed insurance or registration. They haven't, yet, brought out to identifying the driver (I could be driving your car) but who knows once they perfect IRIS or facial recognition at a distance and make it cheap enough to roll-out to the beat cop.

NewStar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 04, 2017, 10:55:32 PM
I seem to recall that she claimed to have worked in the school system of some city or county in the Bay Area for 39 years.  (Yeah, I know, it's really scary to contemplate her being around kids for all those years.)  Does anyone recall where she said she worked?

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 17, 2015, 12:20:30 AM
I am a music teacher.

albrecht

Wearing this shirt now and got a lot of looks but, so far, no comments on it. I think maybe because there is sufficient ambiguity on whether the shirt supports Trump or is making fun of him. About to run out to run some more errands so we will see.

TigerLily

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 17, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

... Why is the U.S, ranked 14th among developed countries in education ...

You think 14th is bad? It will drop like a rock now

Trump Budget Proposal Cuts $9 Billion from Department of Education
After-school programs, instructional support and research face cuts; school choice gets boost

But instead of college kids can learn to carry a rifle

Trump’s budget requests $54 bn defense increase, while slashing other departments

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on March 17, 2017, 03:34:46 PM
Wearing this shirt now and got a lot of looks but, so far, no comments on it. I think maybe because there is sufficient ambiguity on whether the shirt supports Trump or is making fun of him. About to run out to run some more errands so we will see.

Draw on a Hitler mustache and see what happens. Here, borrow my sharpie

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on March 17, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
You think 14th is bad? It will drop like a rock now

I'm sure all your fingers and toes are crossed that it will. Viva La Raza! Right?  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on March 17, 2017, 03:47:51 PM
Draw on a Hitler mustache and see what happens. Here, borrow my sharpie

You acting like a totalitarian is quite sufficient to achieve that effect.  ::)