• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

PaulAtreides

Quote from: username on November 19, 2017, 03:13:32 PM
I would advise against that,you might go to prison for that.

He's not very pretty - prison would present to problems.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 19, 2017, 08:26:39 PM

You'd be everyone's bitch there.  :D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 19, 2017, 08:26:39 PM

Ugh oh, I can only imagine.

Well if you like MITD you should subscribe.

If you like hating on a Heather and Keith you should subscribe, otherwise this show will be over. Then this forum is all Falkie and Noory.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2017, 11:48:30 PM
Well if you like MITD you should subscribe.

If you like hating on a Heather and Keith you should subscribe, otherwise this show will be over. Then this forum is all Falkie and Noory.

If Heather quits it will be no great loss.  Art made this show for her, it was evident from the beginning when he had his test show and she was going to co-host with him and people voted her out.  The question is who owns the rights to Dark Matter and Midnight in the Desert, if Art owns them,,,well then it is Art's call if anything will continue, but if Keith owns them, then all can continue with a different host.

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on November 20, 2017, 11:37:42 AM
If Heather quits it will be no great loss.  Art made this show for her, it was evident from the beginning when he had his test show and she was going to co-host with him and people voted her out.  The question is who owns the rights to Dark Matter and Midnight in the Desert, if Art owns them,,,well then it is Art's call if anything will continue, but if Keith owns them, then all can continue with a different host.

DRMN will fold if MITD is stopped.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on November 20, 2017, 11:37:42 AM
That initial, weird co-host broadcast was a big red light something was amiss with the MiTD return.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 20, 2017, 02:46:57 PM

Heather needs to hire that Leo Ashcraft guy to get this "radio" operation together.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 23, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
... I will say again that Heather is miles and miles better in the last Year and that is my Professional judgment, it is also the Judgment of many people I respect...

I predict she'll have no trouble landing a hosting gig elsewhere. 

It's probably all Keith can do to keep others from prying her away as it is

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 20, 2017, 07:01:28 PM
I predict she'll have no trouble landing a hosting gig elsewhere. 

It's probably all Keith can do to keep others from prying her away as it is
Even a Professional Snake Oil Salesman is still just only a snake oil salesman.

Quote from: username on November 19, 2017, 12:12:30 PM

No it's because she stinks

That is really the bottom line.  The show is not good and won't ever be without some big change.

Thinking back to that first test broadcast,, when Art said he had a special/secret guest I thought for sure it was going to be his wife or Crystal Gayle, it only seemed right in my mind but then again seeing how Art treats his women it did not surprise me when he had Heather on instead.

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on November 20, 2017, 07:52:22 PM
Thinking back to that first test broadcast,, when Art said he had a special/secret guest I thought for sure it was going to be his wife or Crystal Gayle, it only seemed right in my mind but then again seeing how Art treats his women it did not surprise me when he had Heather on instead.

Ha!  Well it certainly was quite the surprise on the guest host!

chefist

I've been gone a while...did Heather win?

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on November 19, 2017, 05:02:41 PM
Probably did help to turn away some of her more liberal fans. Might've gained her a few less liberal ones tho. Kind of a trade off, I think. Kinda the same thing when she admitted to being a witch. Probably gained some fans and lost some with that as well.
I have to disagree.  If a large number of people were exposed to her every week that could hold true.  However, with a VERY limited fan base, and very little chance of large numbers of people just happening to "stumble" across her show, it seems more likely that when you alienate people and they stop tuning in, they are will not be replaced.

Howard Stern could be rude and forward- if somebody finds him offensive and tunes him out, another sucker will be along shortly.  Rush... Savage?  The same thing.  Heather- not so much. If she looses as subscriber, she looses that monthly income with nothing on the horizon to replace it.

It is kind of sad.  I don't wish her ill.  I won't tune in as I have very little interest in paranormal, and I don't consider her a talented enough host to find engaging (yes, Art made the show.) Just the same- I hope it works out...

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2017, 02:34:39 PM
You come on here talking like that then expect the same in return.
Ahhh... So THAT is how this board works.  Time to go make amends.   :P 8)

During the spring and summer the free feed would consistently get around 2000 listeners. That number is now down to ~1500 Who knows what fraction of this actually pay for the show (I'm assuming there are less paid subscribers than free stream listeners) If I had to guess, the tipping point seemed to be the chemtrail show.

In radio it seems it's good to be loved, better to be hated, but being ignored is the kiss of death. Judging by the number of posts on this thread, I'd bet more people on Bellgab hate-listen to Noory than listen to MitD.  Even the guests can't even be arsed to pay attention to the show

Dyna-X

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 21, 2017, 12:38:16 PM
Even the guests can't even be arsed to pay attention to the show

"Right..." Then he continues to type and click just slightly more quietly. Her guest strikes me as a typical millennial customer service worker by day.

Zenman

Quote from: WOTR on November 21, 2017, 01:57:13 AM
I have to disagree.  If a large number of people were exposed to her every week that could hold true.  However, with a VERY limited fan base, and very little chance of large numbers of people just happening to "stumble" across her show, it seems more likely that when you alienate people and they stop tuning in, they are will not be replaced.

Howard Stern could be rude and forward- if somebody finds him offensive and tunes him out, another sucker will be along shortly.  Rush... Savage?  The same thing.  Heather- not so much. If she looses as subscriber, she looses that monthly income with nothing on the horizon to replace it.

It is kind of sad.  I don't wish her ill.  I won't tune in as I have very little interest in paranormal, and I don't consider her a talented enough host to find engaging (yes, Art made the show.) Just the same- I hope it works out...

You may be right. I'm guessing that liberals make up a large part of her fan base and that most of them are gonna be turned off as soon as they figure out that she's not anti-gun or anti-Trump. So, if that's the case, it's actually kind of amazing that the show continues and that she apparently has loyal enough fans that they can overlook her political leanings. Either that or I'm right about the trade off.   ;)

I have to add tho that if I want to hear politics, I'll tune into something other than a fringe-topic show. But even so, a bit of politics here and there is fine with me. It doesn't make me automatically want to turn off the show (even if I don't agree with it). It does get old fast tho if it's always a totally predictable spiel.

Epaphroditus

Her views which I disagree with are not the problem , she will bait an issue such as guns , politics , conspiracy ,  and Islam but simply will not engage in discussion on these topics on open lines .

She recently said she had a chance at more affiliates but loss them because she spoke of being a witch .

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Epaphroditus on November 21, 2017, 05:21:43 PM
She recently said she had a chance at more affiliates but loss them because she spoke of being a witch .

I hate it when that happens.

Quote from: Epaphroditus on November 21, 2017, 05:21:43 PM
Her views which I disagree with are not the problem , she will bait an issue such as guns , politics , conspiracy ,  and Islam ....

Good people disagree on those topics.

Could have been a Christian network.

Quote from: Zenman on November 21, 2017, 04:15:15 PM
You may be right. I'm guessing that liberals make up a large part of her fan base and that most of them are gonna be turned off as soon as they figure out that she's not anti-gun or anti-Trump. So, if that's the case, it's actually kind of amazing that the show continues and that she apparently has loyal enough fans that they can overlook her political leanings. Either that or I'm right about the trade off.   ;)

I have to add tho that if I want to hear politics, I'll tune into something other than a fringe-topic show. But even so, a bit of politics here and there is fine with me. It doesn't make me automatically want to turn off the show (even if I don't agree with it). It does get old fast tho if it's always a totally predictable spiel.

Recent shows I've heard have no discussion on politics. I don't listen to open lines though. I'm a time traveler so I skip forward to the guest.

Keith is the issue. He alienates everyone he works with. Heather isn't the worst host. I've tried a lot of similar shows. Some of them are putrid. Wade had her hands full trying to be a better host. No one was promoting the show. There is no professional involved in producing, marketing, etc. Even a great host wouldn't succeed in current system. When Lasha is your best promoter, there are major issues. Everything should have been handled better and I wish things would have happened differently. I know this sounds lame but It saddens me things unfolded the way they did.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2017, 11:49:40 PM
Recent shows I've heard have no discussion on politics. I don't listen to open lines though. I'm a time traveler so I skip forward to the guest.

Keith is the issue. He alienates everyone he works with. Heather isn't the worst host. I've tried a lot of similar shows. Some of them are putrid. Wade had her hands full trying to be a better host. No one was promoting the show. There is no professional involved in producing, marketing, etc. Even a great host wouldn't succeed in current system. When Lasha is your best promoter, there are major issues. Everything should have been handled better and I wish things would have happened differently. I know this sounds lame but It saddens me things unfolded the way they did.

Art Bell was/is promoting her show via Facebook.

paladin1991

Quote from: username on November 19, 2017, 11:30:39 PM
Ugh oh, I can only imagine  all that late night slow dancing in our cell. Me wearing my dead mothers dress.....