• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
the temple thing that 21 was talkin about, the way he talked about the pharisees and sadducees, he used the word hell more than any patriarch before him . . .

And so that led you to believe this was his central message?

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 30, 2018, 02:12:50 PM
That's a warmed-over New Age take on Christianity.  I can assure you the God of the New Testament can become angry just as Jesus was angry at the temple. Jesus also called that same temple His Father's Temple.  Why would he call a synagogue his Father's Temple unless he was Jewish?  Why would he get angry there since it wasn't his religion? Also, you do know Revelations, right?  God gets pretty angry there!
Good point about violence in the New Testament.
Me

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 02:42:38 PM
Good point about violence in the New Testament.
Me

Haven't you died in a fire yet? ::)

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 30, 2018, 02:26:35 PM
I'm still bummed about Christianity becoming involved with religion.
I hear ya, mang.

Dr. MD MD

WildCard

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 02:34:12 PM
And so that led you to believe this was his central message?

no, not central but fundamental. mercy balanced with severity

i'd prefer disney jesus too. that, "none shall approach the father except through me" is a pill i refuse to swallow

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 30, 2018, 02:26:35 PM
I'm still bummed about Christianity becoming involved with religion.

Over the years, various magical and spiritual texts have described the Golem-creating process. All sources agree that the first part of the process is to build a giant, humanoid creature out of clay. When it comes time to bring the creature to life, the instructions vary.

Other sources claim that the Golem’s forehead should be inscribed with the Hebrew word for “truth”(one of God’s secret names).  When this word is engraved in its forehead, the Golem will come to life. It can be destroyed by removing the first letter from the word “truth,” which leaves behind the word “death.”

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2018, 02:50:58 PM

i'd prefer disney jesus too. that, "none shall approach the father except through me" is a pill i refuse to swallow

OK, so you're a Kabbalic Jew and not a Christain then.

WildCard

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 03:07:02 PM
OK, so you're a Kabbalic Jew and not a Christain then.

no, i don't know that much about it, but it's a good metaphor

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2018, 03:25:38 PM
no, i don't know that much about it, but it's a good metaphor

Yeah, that's what you are now. It's funny the things you can become when you're not paying attention.  ;)

WildCard

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 03:26:49 PM
Yeah, that's what you are now. It's funny the things you can become when you're not paying attention.  ;)

ok, you're right. i'm a jew now.
i shouda posted a yin-yang or somthin

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2018, 03:35:22 PM
ok, you're right. i'm a jew now.
i shouda posted a yin-yang or somthin

Well, you don't seem to believe in the central tenants of Christianity anymore. Just being honest and wish you would be too. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 30, 2018, 10:43:31 AM
Paul and the Apostles were still Jewish.  I know you've heard of Messianic Jews.  They don't reject their Judaism (unless  a doctrine or law counters with Christian teaching) but have also embraced Christ.  Paul and the Apostles were the equivalent in their day.  They never stopped being Jews and they always referred to non-Jews as Gentiles.

I disagree. They stopped observing the Jewish sabbath. They stopped going to Temple. They stopped following the mosaic code of laws as laid out in the old testament. They stopped following the dietary laws.  What part of Judaism did they retain?

James was killed by the Jews.  Paul had to be smuggled out of town to avoid being killed by the jews.  I am sure others were killed by the Jews as well, I am suffering a headache so I cannot remember everyone’s fate.

Dr. MD MD

Anyway, my original point in all this, the one that 14 felt the need to label me an anti-Semite for, is how many movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc. have there been about the Jewish holocaust? Do we really need more? Couldn't we just show the millennials the ones they've already made? There are enough, IMO. My point was meant to prevent Jews from making the same mistakes that led to the holocaust. They're in serious danger of over-saturation and they're only what percentage of the world's population again? I know it's pretty small.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 30, 2018, 04:11:34 PM
I disagree. They stopped observing the Jewish sabbath. They stopped going to Temple. They stopped following the mosaic code of laws as laid out in the old testament. They stopped following the dietary laws.  What part of Judaism did they retain?

James was killed by the Jews.  Paul had to be smuggled out of town to avoid being killed by the jews.  I am sure others were killed by the Jews as well, I am suffering a headache so I cannot remember everyone’s fate.

Oh, come on, Grav! It's all a Jewish Wonderland!  :D

And they accuse me of Disneyfying Jesus. ::) ;D

aldousburbank

What part of Judaism did they retain?

They remained circumcised

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 04:15:01 PM
Anyway, my original point in all this, the one that 14 felt the need to label me an anti-Semite for, is how many movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc. have there been about the Jewish holocaust? Do we really need more? Couldn't we just show the millennials the ones they've already made? There are enough, IMO. My point was meant to prevent Jews from making the same mistakes that led to the holocaust. They're in serious danger of over-saturation and they're only what percentage of the world's population again? I know it's pretty small.

https://youtu.be/ljMPafQpfDU

This should be shown in schools. When polled on policies, and told the policies will specifically hurt white people, all racial groups are largely against them, except Jewish people, who are overwhelmingly FOR them if told they hurt white people.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 02:16:14 PM
If that keeps you faithful, far be it from me to disturb you.  I'm sorry.

To my mind, that kind of thinking was too black and white, too divergent, for me to believe, knowing that Jesus fulfilled OT prophecy.  I personally was not able to have Christian faith with that paradigm,

I learned from my search that of course, God in the OT is very hard to accept.  However, original people DID accept him.  They were much closer to God in origin, having ancestors who knew God, ancestors who literally wrestled with him (I guess), ancestors who spoke directly to God, etc...

I also learned that as seen in the OT, God is highly emotional.  For some reason, I think that is really important.  I suspect technology will eventually try to obsolete emotion.

I learned that God is subjective, again another uncomfortable topic.  God plays favorites.  God is biased.  God has preferences which might seem arbitrary.

Do I need to apologize that those things made God more "human" to me?  I am so grateful for the things I learned about God from the Old Testament.

I realize I've skipped over OT violence; I just don't know what to say.

In the end, I decided there is a slight difference between "good" and "holy".  I believe God is holy.  But I don't feel comfortable going around saying God is "good".  There just is some slight difference.  Some things have to be a mystery, since we are not God and can't fathom everything.

You know, though, God can't be with evil because then God would not be holy.  There has to be a separation.  Yet God wanted us to have free will.  Free will leads to some evil.  Yet God wants us, loves us.  So he sent a huge part of himself to be killed, which died.  Part of God died in a paradox.  The part that died took all our sins with Him.  He sacrificed part of Himself so that we can unite with him for eternity.  The OT had a lot of emphasis on sin.  No one could completely obey God's laws in the first 5 books.  Every person was a sinner.  It was humanly impossible to keep laws which number practically more than you can count.  There was no doubt in the people's minds that they had sinned & needed a Messiah to redeem them in God's eyes.

Me

The Old Testament had atonement for sins. Once per year in the temple through sacrifice by the chief priest. 

WildCard

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 30, 2018, 04:20:17 PM
They remained circumcised

thank you. i was afraid jackstar was gonna have to weigh in on this mess

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 30, 2018, 04:24:29 PM
The Old Testament had atonement for sins. Once per year in the temple through sacrifice by the chief priest.
They still do honor the day of atonement in unity, side by side together.  So I asked one what happens to the ones who don't want to do it side by side in unity because maybe they committed some grave sin?  She said those ones have a separate thing.

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 30, 2018, 04:20:37 PM

This should be shown in schools. When polled on policies, and told the policies will specifically hurt white people, all racial groups are largely against them, except Jewish people, who are overwhelmingly FOR them if told they hurt white people.
Says you and who else?
Me

Jojo

Do you really think so?  It took time, didn't it?  They were considered renegade Jews.  I guess over time you're right of course, & that's a pivotal point.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 04:34:30 PM
Do you really think so?  It took time, didn't it?  They were considered renegade Jews.  I guess over time you're right of course, & that's a pivotal point.

This started out with was the New Testament Jewish.  On e again, the New Testament was written long after Christ’s death.

Jews write letters to each other all of the time. Even to this day. That doesn’t make those writings Jewish scripture.

Jojo

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2018, 02:50:58 PM

Well, remember Jesus was with God in The Beginning.  In the beginning was Logos, and even though the world tells you Logos means "Word", it actually means "Reason".  A Reason was with God in The Beginning.  Jesus claimed to be the Word, but also the Old Testament states some things about this.
Proverbs 3:4 - Speaks of the Son of God as having established the earth
Psalm 110:1 - Talks about God's faithful Messiah
Micah 5:2 - Speaks of an ancient son leading the way, and more violence

Don't you want a holy God?  Do you really want a God that is in harmony with murderers?  Doesn't there have to be some sort of justice before unity with God is possible?  Could that be forgiveness?  God can forgive, but the sin cannot be directly accepted by God.  Part of God had to die because God cannot unite with sin.  The part that died was Jesus.  It's even more meaningful that Jesus was human.  I, too, have difficulty with the Father/Son thing, and imagine the even larger gender difficulties...  But overall, the Trinity makes sense to me.  Etymology study of the original words regarding trinity using online sources can be helpful.  I think originally the word Father actually was more like a genderless Abba.

Most people justify Jesus as the Son of God by saying how He and all his followers stake the claim.  Kind of a circular argument.  But, the Old Testament language and etymology can be helpful, esp now that everything is online.

Lots of people believe in God, but not Jesus.  It's a very serious concern to me.  The miracles speak for themselves.  I wonder what the etymology on the word Son really is.  Maybe it meant something else originally.
Me

Sources:
http://www.rogerswebsite.com/articles/DidJesusPre-existinOldTestamentTimes.pdf
http://www.eternaltruthministry.com/2011/05/did-jesus-exist-in-the-beginning-with-god/
http://biblehub.com/psalms/110-2.htm

Asuka Langley

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 30, 2018, 04:20:37 PM

>jews make up 38% of the supreme court judges

And /pol/ wants Ben Shapiro to replace Kennedy

WildCard

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 30, 2018, 04:49:52 PM
The video has many citations.

aint nobody got time for that!
seriously that narrators so annoying i think he's a jew

speaking of annoying

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 30, 2018, 05:17:13 PM
Ben Shapiro