• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 27, 2018, 01:42:22 PM
And by the way, Justice Kennedy was horrible.  Appointed by Reagan to replace his original pick - Robert Bork - Kennedy was the swing vote on so many issues decided incorrectly and wrongly, issues which favored the Left.  Disgusting.  (And no, not all issues favoring the Liberal position are wrong)

Almost anyone Trump appoints will be an upgrade.

Even Cruz?!?

;)

Anyway, the list:
Keith Blackwell
Charles Canady
Steven Colloton
Allison Eid
Raymond Gruender
Thomas Hardiman
Raymond Kethledge
Joan Larsen
Mike Lee
Thomas Lee
Edward Mansfield
Federico Moreno
William Pryor
Margaret A. Ryan
Amul Thapar
Timothy Tymkovich
David Stras
Diane Sykes
Don Willett
Robert Young

Additions:

Amy Coney Barrett, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
Britt Grant, a Georgia state Supreme Court justice
Brett Kavanaugh, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit
Kevin Newsom, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Patrick Wyrick, an Oklahoma state Supreme Court justice

My only comment is that while I haven't spent much time sussing these candidates I do feel that another woman on the bench ( even a conservative) is in no way mandatory or even preferable.

The 3 witches on Edor have done enough damage as it is without their putting a spell over a conservative woman like they did with John Roberts. :(

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 26, 2018, 05:03:23 PM
A core tenet of my religion is that all taxation is theft. Have fun worming out of that one.
Without taxation, might makes right.  Lack of taxation and its benefits is not real good for  the elderly (including former strong men), the injured (including former strong men), children (including future strong men), and women.
Me

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 03:26:29 PM
Without taxation, might makes right.  Lack of taxation and its benefits is not real good for  the elderly (including former strong men), the injured (including former strong men), children (including future strong men), and women.
Me

Would it be an example of might making right when the government locks you up for not paying? ???

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 27, 2018, 02:21:27 PM
Even Cruz?!?

;)

Anyway, the list:
Keith Blackwell
Charles Canady
Steven Colloton
Allison Eid
Raymond Gruender
Thomas Hardiman
Raymond Kethledge
Joan Larsen
Mike Lee
Thomas Lee
Edward Mansfield
Federico Moreno
William Pryor
Margaret A. Ryan
Amul Thapar
Timothy Tymkovich
David Stras
Diane Sykes
Don Willett
Robert Young

Additions:

Amy Coney Barrett, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
Britt Grant, a Georgia state Supreme Court justice
Brett Kavanaugh, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit
Kevin Newsom, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Patrick Wyrick, an Oklahoma state Supreme Court justice

My only comment is that while I haven't spent much time sussing these candidates I do feel that another woman on the bench ( even a conservative) is in no way mandatory or even preferable.

The 3 witches on Edor have done enough damage as it is without their putting a spell over a conservative woman like they did with John Roberts. :(

I'm thinking Judge Jenine Pirro should be on the list.

Metron2267

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 27, 2018, 04:33:01 PM
I'm thinking Judge Jenine Pirro should be on the list.

Oh baby would she be the best! ;D

Jojo

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 26, 2018, 08:30:42 PM
just a litttle example of our “objective” demokkkrat media.

[attachment=1,msg1258271]
Can you provide links to the Trump covers?  Because I think the first 2 are fake. 
Me

Gd5150

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 04:57:19 PM
Can you provide links to the Trump covers?  Because I think the first 2 are fake. 
Me

I know the 1st one is real I remember when it came out in October just before the election. They released it with another similar cover just when the “extra tape” was released by NBC. Time was gloating thinking they had  presidency in the bag. I saved it when it came out for when Trump won.

Not sure on the others as I didn’t make the meme.

[attachment=1]

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 26, 2018, 03:35:53 PM
Well, we let the Amish do their thing so I imagine we would respect a religion to a degree that is I think we should.  Above all, we have religious liberty to worship (or not) as we please.  That is a fundamental building block of this country. Interesting question to think about is would (or should) a cult be granted the same rights as a legitimate religion?
I like to think not... But I don't trust the state to determine what is a cult, and what is a religion.  To use the example of scinetology, they had tax exempt status in the US- then around 1960 they lost it.  They did regain it in the late 70's or early 80's.  But even now, in France, they are considered a cult, and their rights are curtailed.  I really dislike the "religion" and I would lump them in with a cult.  I would like to see it disappear...  But to leave that determination to the state gets a little risky...

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 04:57:19 PM
Me

Ahmmm...nope:

http://time.com/4528468/donald-trump-time-cover-2/

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 27, 2018, 05:36:42 PM
I like to think not..

Of course, that's very statist of you.

QuoteBut I don't trust the state to determine what is a cult, and what is a religion. 

The best way to read your posts is as reverse speech.

QuoteTo use the example of scinetology, they had tax exempt status in the US- then around 1960 they lost it.  They did regain it in the late 70's or early 80's.  But even now, in France, they are considered a cult, and their rights are curtailed.  I really dislike the "religion" and I would lump them in with a cult.  I would like to see it disappear...  But to leave that determination to the state gets a little risky...

But it's not your call to make regarding what is a cult or a religion.

And frankly saying you want the state not to make the determination begs the question of who you do want to make that call.

The IRS say?

The Council of Churches?

Who?

Dr. MD MD

So, the Dems have vowed to Bork any supreme court nominee that Trump picks. I wonder how that will work out for them? :D

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 27, 2018, 05:43:54 PM
Ahmmm...nope:

http://time.com/4528468/donald-trump-time-cover-2/
Right.  The 3rd one in the link is real.  But the first 2....
And I saw a lot of goofy ones of Obama too, even which looked real.  But sorting out the real from the fake became an hours long project so I stopped.
Me

Jojo

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 27, 2018, 05:13:27 PM
I know the 1st one is real I remember when it came out in October just before the election. They released it with another similar cover just when the “extra tape” was released by NBC. Time was gloating thinking they had  presidency in the bag. I saved it when it came out for when Trump won.

Not sure on the others as I didn’t make the meme.

[attachment=1,msg1258988]
When you say the others, you mean the yellow ones, right?
Me

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 27, 2018, 06:04:27 PM
So, the Dems have vowed to Bork any supreme court nominee that Trump picks. I wonder how that will work out for them? :D

Midterms...midterms... ;)

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 06:09:32 PM
Right.  The 3rd one in the link is real.  But the first 2....
And I saw a lot of goofy ones of Obama too, even which looked real.  But sorting out the real from the fake became an hours long project so I stopped.
Me

Uh, that's Time's own website, so... ??? ??? ???

Still think everyone in DC but Trump are all ''the same''?

That's going to be a bit more difficult when they don't control the Senate.  They'll have to do it from outside - the fake news media, angry violent protesters, etc.  McConnell should let them show the country what they really stand for all summer, and hold the vote the night before the elections 

GravitySucks

He should narrow the list to candidates that this senate has already approved for an appeals or district court and hold each of them accountable to their previous votes in the midterms if they change their vote for this appointment.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 27, 2018, 07:11:14 PM
That's going to be a bit more difficult when they don't control the Senate.  They'll have to do it from outside - the fake news media, angry violent protesters, etc.  McConnell should let them show the country what they really stand for all summer, and hold the vote the night before the elections 

Still think everyone in DC but Trump are all ''the same''?

Mostly. You don't think there will be anti-Trump push back in the Senate?

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 27, 2018, 07:14:45 PM
He should narrow the list to candidates that this senate has already approved for an appeals or district court and hold each of them accountable to their previous votes in the midterms if they change their vote for this appointment.

Agreed.  Very sound.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 27, 2018, 07:15:18 PM
Mostly. You don't think there will be anti-Trump push back in the Senate?

From the Rs?  The only possible idiots on a SCOTUS vote would be McCain, Corker, and/or Collins.  If he vote is held before the election, enough Ds up for re-election from non-kook states would have no choice but to vote in favor.

If Trump nominates a reasonable person, another Neil Gorsuch-type, it should be in the bag

Metron2267

Right on!

And Ginsburg is the next to go. ;D

Dr. MD MD

A high tech lynching for uppity black people
who think for themselves and refuse to follow
the old (Democratic) order.

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 27, 2018, 07:14:45 PM

My short list for SCOTUS is:

Jay Sekulow

Mark Levin

David Barton

But maybe we'll wait for the 2nd Term to begin for these...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Up All Night on June 27, 2018, 07:39:24 PM
My short list for SCOTUS is:

Jay Sekulow

Mark Levin

David Barton

Are they even on the list?