• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 16, 2019, 09:12:29 AM
No student can be suspended from school in California.  What's to be done with those who are violent and disruptive who are a threat to teachers and other students?  On-campus holding cells with free lunch might be the answer.  Sort of a day care for delinquents.

https://youtu.be/JuDjJu6Un98
Maybe they will just be arrested.

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 18, 2019, 12:37:07 AM
You live in Seattle, don't you?

https://youtu.be/bpAi70WWBlw
Not now.  I found a way out of South King County.  I was very lucky in that we did not have a car breakdown on the way out, and the weather was in our favor.  It was a risky time to do a long distance move, in the summer, because I have heat intolerance real bad due to some medicine I take.  And two of my car windows don't work, there is no A/C, and the engine runs hot.  So, it was a risk to leave.  But, my unemployment benefits ran out, the landlady was raising the $50 anyway.  I already talked her into waiting a month so there was no more grace about it.   I had no way to pay rent at all anymore, no unemployment benefits, and no job in sight.  I wasn't getting enough job interviews.  So, I found a rather abusive person who has been willing to give me discounted rent in another county until I can get a leg up.  But, at least the move went fine.  The car did not get too hot.  We were not trapped in any asthmatic pile-ups on the freeway with no exits in sight.  We did not get stranded in direct sun.  Everything went off without a hitch. I was so glad.  I really didn't want to get sick or have to go to the hospital from sun stroke.  It went great.

I had to sacrifice $600 in good possessions like new black-out drapes, some neat practical deco items, a queen feather comforter, an exercise bike, fans, my best 2 frying pans (one irreplacable), & the blender I've loved forever, etc...  I also had to sacrifice $300 in non-perishable, nutritious food, including my emergency food supply at the time.  We filled 2 small cars and did GTFO.

King County had many fine attributes and is in no way "dying" but South King County is a harsh place for a woman and an elderly, disabled cat who have no one else.  I was there many years, and had great living arrangements for many years, but housing out-priced me.  In the event that I could end up homeless, I didn't want to be in South King County when it happened.  But I have a lot of good things to say about the general area.  I miss it plenty.  The problems in this video are not unique to Seattle.  They are occurring everywhere, especially near cities.  And the homeless are NOT all druggies or mentally ill.  I've talked to them; I've known couch surfers.  Many are just people who can't afford sky-rocketing housing, and have good relatives, spouses, or friends to fall back on. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on September 23, 2019, 10:47:53 PM
Not now.  I found a way out of South King County.  I was very lucky in that we did not have a car breakdown on the way out, and the weather was in our favor.  It was a risky time to do a long distance move, in the summer, because I have heat intolerance real bad due to some medicine I take.  And two of my car windows don't work, there is no A/C, and the engine runs hot.  So, it was a risk to leave.  But, my unemployment benefits ran out, the landlady was raising the $50 anyway.  I already talked her into waiting a month so there was no more grace about it.   I had no way to pay rent at all anymore, no unemployment benefits, and no job in sight.  I wasn't getting enough job interviews.  So, I found a rather abusive person who has been willing to give me discounted rent in another county until I can get a leg up.  But, at least the move went fine.  The car did not get too hot.  We were not trapped in any asthmatic pile-ups on the freeway with no exits in sight.  We did not get stranded in direct sun.  Everything went off without a hitch. I was so glad.  I really didn't want to get sick or have to go to the hospital from sun stroke.  It went great.

I had to sacrifice $600 in good possessions like new black-out drapes, some neat practical deco items, a queen feather comforter, an exercise bike, fans, my best 2 frying pans (one irreplacable), & the blender I've loved forever, etc...  I also had to sacrifice $300 in non-perishable, nutritious food, including my emergency food supply at the time.  We filled 2 small cars and did GTFO.

King County had many fine attributes and is in no way "dying" but South King County is a harsh place for a woman and an elderly, disabled cat who have no one else.  I was there many years, and had great living arrangements for many years, but housing out-priced me.  In the event that I could end up homeless, I didn't want to be in South King County when it happened.  But I have a lot of good things to say about the general area.  I miss it plenty.  The problems in this video are not unique to Seattle.  They are occurring everywhere, especially near cities.  And the homeless are NOT all druggies or mentally ill.  I've talked to them; I've known couch surfers.  Many are just people who can't afford sky-rocketing housing, and have good relatives, spouses, or friends to fall back on.

How awful!  And not a single Appleby's within walking distance.  I don't know how you do it.

Juan

Lyndon LaRouch is a Trump supporter? I didn’t think those people supported anyone other than themselves.

paladin1991

Quote from: Juan on October 04, 2019, 02:16:33 PM
Lyndon LaRouch is a Trump supporter? I didn’t think those people supported anyone other than themselves.
No..  Larouch is dead

Jackstar

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/maggie-rogers-sexually-harassed-performing-live

QuoteLast night, in the middle of this speech a man yelled ‘take your top off.’ another joined in and yelled ‘you cute though.’”

This is "sexual harrassment" now? What a snowflake prick.

albrecht

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2019/10/23/tallahassee-police-searching-suspect-after-he-lights-woman-fire-taco-bell/4079126002/

"“Many of our clients come and go,” she said. Police first described Williams as a man, then later said Williams identifies as a female."

Burn a woman at a Taco Bell and then burn a church.  Then attack firefighters, and who knows what else, in this amazing time in our country.

WOTR

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 23, 2019, 10:18:37 AM
https://freebeacon.com/issues/seattle-public-schools-considering-social-justice-math-curriculum/

It is official... I spent too long looking at this. Mostly because it is so fucking over the top that I had assumed that it started as satire.

What I found is that around 2017 the NAACP asked them to create a curriculum around people of colour. They agreed to have something in place by 2020. This is the first draft of the proposals that will be looked at and reworked for next year.

Also, this will be an "elective course". And in Seattle, schools are not required to offer elective courses.

With all of the above said, I cannot believe that this document actually exists and that this is an actual proposal to educate children. That you would take time away from young students learning the fundamentals in order to indoctrinate them with this propaganda explains why children are falling farther behind those in other countries every year in math and sciences (exactly what the "people of colour" are using to start to dominate the "west".) While we teach that there is no right answer, and that math is used to oppress minorities, they are teaching math and science to gain a major advantage economically.

Thanks for posting that and causing me to lose just a little more faith in "humankind."

Taaroa

I thought this was an amazing headline that the government funded ABC decided to run:

Liking pad thai doesn't mean you're not a racist
https://www.abc.net.au/life/australia-can-have-a-racism-problem-and-multicultural-food/11636756

I made a screenshot in case they decide to change it.

albrecht

Many of the best horse bloodlines come from the area. There is a long history of racing, including camel racing and camel jockeys, but also horses. And many investors in breeding, investment, and betting are Gulf "royals." Jockeys notoriously wear crazy colors or garb and are small in stature. So why a push and have program to get some Muslim girl jockey wearing their garb? They claim city but in Ireland there is a strong horse culture (of course exploited by the UK  ;) ) and places like Dublin even, which is urban blight and estates.   

https://www.bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/50247329

WOTR

Quote from: Asuka Langley on November 02, 2019, 03:13:18 PM
Because she had to get a job after getting a divorce 🤣

>SJW's
>Sane

pick one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7642577/Newly-divorced-mother-shot-dead-three-children-killed-battling-depression.html

It's more the article that sucks. Men (and occasionally kill their kids- particularly after divorce.) But this article makes it sound like she was the victim. "It has since been revealed that the tormented mother was battling depression and anxiety in addition to physical ailments including arthritis and lupus."

Well, that excuses it all. She was a good woman who just made a little mistake. Tragic that she should have suffered so much...

Now, if it were the husband who killed the kids, we would hear that he was a mentally unstable monster. Not that he was "battling depression." It's funny when even the slaughter of three children becomes an occasion to promote this new idea of who is and who is not a victim.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on November 03, 2019, 06:08:52 PM
It's more the article that sucks. Men (and occasionally kill their kids- particularly after divorce.) But this article makes it sound like she was the victim. "It has since been revealed that the tormented mother was battling depression and anxiety in addition to physical ailments including arthritis and lupus."

Well, that excuses it all. She was a good woman who just made a little mistake. Tragic that she should have suffered so much...

Now, if it were the husband who killed the kids, we would hear that he was a mentally unstable monster. Not that he was "battling depression." It's funny when even the slaughter of three children becomes an occasion to promote this new idea of who is and who is not a victim.
Horrible. Though it happens. You are right that the "family annihilators" are more often men. And you are correct that they won't be excused as women are- not that anybody should be excused, though important to explain, and hopefully prevent, future acts by others. Interestingly women criminals, even murderers, almost always get lighter sentences or excused due to mental issues. And interestingly men are more likely to be "successful" in suicides. And then you have the differences between these teachers having sex with students. Talk about differences in penalties and reporting.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2019, 06:23:18 PM
Horrible. Though it happens. You are right that the "family annihilators" are more often men. And you are correct that they won't be excused as women are- not that anybody should be excused, though important to explain, and hopefully prevent, future acts by others. Interestingly women criminals, even murderers, almost always get lighter sentences or excused due to mental issues. And interestingly men are more likely to be "successful" in suicides. And then you have the differences between these teachers having sex with students. Talk about differences in penalties and reporting.

How things have changed indeed.  If, back in the day, any one of several really hot teachers I can recall took advantage of me I would have considered myself chosen of God and my acne might have cleared up earlier.