• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150831 - David Darling - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

AppealPlay

I'm sad this show is almost over.  Definitely want him on with Art again.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: coaster on September 01, 2015, 12:52:18 AM
Where the hell would an ancient civilization go?
they heard marz had better budz😀an wer legal😒

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Manx on September 01, 2015, 12:45:40 AM
"I have no explanation for it" Typical cop out

Are there any military bases nearby? tell me where you have to go for there NOT to be a military base within an hours flying distance
No, it's not. I take it you don't have experience in conducting investigations or even interviews. Art's story was anecdotal -- and I don't doubt it -- but if you're looking at something from an investigator's point of view . . . it's a legitimate response. Plus, given that Nellis and surrounding AF bases are test sites for experimental aerospace craft, an inquiry about a base location is valid.

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on September 01, 2015, 12:53:35 AM
Caller:  "Is this me?"
Art:  "Only you know that for sure."

That should also be added to The Official Art Bell Drinking Game.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 01, 2015, 12:53:36 AM
I'm sad this show is almost over.  Definitely want him on with Art again.
Damn good show!

Spinner

Quote from: jazmunda on September 01, 2015, 12:52:08 AM
As long as you continue to praise MV your soul will be saved. :P
Oops! Forgot.
Yeah, praise MV    :-*

AppealPlay

Damn.  GREAT show!  I really sincerely hope Art has this Scottish science dude on again.  Great, great, great guest.

SciFiAuthor

Jeez Art, Hoagland dissipated a hurricane and saved Florida and cured a sinus headache over the last week with his mass consciousness experiments. Just sayin'.

Kidding. Wonderful show tonight. One of the best so far.

jazmunda

Please get him back on Art.

Heather - these are the type of guests you should be chasing. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the batshit crazies but more of these guys too.

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on September 01, 2015, 12:55:50 AM
That should also be added to The Official Art Bell Drinking Game.
and Terrible JC wanna-be callers needs added too, How are Yeeeeeeeeeouuuuuuuu!

bstuart

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 01, 2015, 12:56:44 AM
Jeez Art, Hoagland dissipated a hurricane and saved Florida and cured a sinus headache over the last week with his mass consciousness experiments. Just sayin'.

BRAAPS time!

Bradsmith313

Now that you mentioned those things -- maybe I'll skip . . . .

Herbn-Legend

🍄🍄🍄alOoOoOoOhaz earthlingz🍄🍄🍄

coaster

Kidding. Wonderful show tonight. One of the best so far.

Is Jimmy Carter still alive?

Praise Hoagland.

griffen247

Be awesome to get this guy back on for a consciousness discussion, another cracking show Art, unexpected, always the best kind!

zeebo

Quote from: griffen247 on September 01, 2015, 01:21:15 AM
Be awesome to get this guy back on for a consciousness discussion, another cracking show Art, unexpected, always the best kind!

Good show indeed.  I liked the range of topics.  Guest was a rational skeptic but still relatively open-minded about possibilities. 

pate

Great, just grate.

Another show to add to the bucket list.

Art, I've no idea who your producer is, BUT that person deserves gold bullion in the metric ton scale...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXqiMF27HY

EvB

I really thought he was going to be one of those 'chicken little' alarmists whose intent is to get everyone all riled up rather than give info. i was glad to be proven wrong.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 31, 2015, 10:07:22 PM
Sup BellGabbers!  Hey MV, Aldous, Eddie-Dean, Chefist, TheMudKing, Onan, Jazmunda, Spinner, PrarieGhost, LoneVoice, Bateman, Popple... wanna take a ride?   8)

Kiss!

albrecht

For Art and Dr.Darling: the one caller was hard to hear but I think he was talking about "fast radio bursts:"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_radio_burst

ZomZom

I agree with the consensus that David Darling's scientific knowledge combined with his open mindedness about the paranormal (and consciousness in particular) made this show a good listen.

I didn't like the "we're killing the planet" part of the discussion, though.  The point of industrialization is to make our lives better.  Pollution, deforestation and other ecological costs are hugely offset by its benefits.  And to suggest that the solution is to terraform Mars seems philosophically inconsistent with the notion that the hand of man somehow taints nature.