• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art's Charts: Midnight in the Desert Bumper Music

Started by Dyna-X, July 28, 2015, 12:56:12 AM

Dyna-X

Thanks for catching that from last night zeebo, and of course I will add this to the new master list.  It definitely is a stand-out abberation to Art's type of picks and my "Spidey sense" feels there is probably a story behind his choice.

phrodo

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 04, 2015, 02:23:56 PM
Phrodo, sorry, for some reason I just saw your request here today.  The caveat for all using this list is to understand it is only current through the official start of Midnight in the Desert on July 20. I will have a new one out (probably around the end of the first month with a few additions that have came to light from old shows, and of course all from MITD.

THANKS sooooo much!! Was hoping that was you. This version is MUCH clearer than what you posted on facebook. I'm able to read each of the artists and songs. MANY, MANY numerous thanks to you!! That is an absolutely awesome record.  Welcome aboard and keep up the great work!!

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 04, 2015, 02:34:30 PM
Thanks for catching that from last night zeebo, and of course I will add this to the new master list.  It definitely is a stand-out abberation to Art's type of picks and my "Spidey sense" feels there is probably a story behind his choice.

Oh well looks like I was dead wrong, sorry!  From now on I'll just stick to my specialties, obscure 70's prog rock and quirky 80's hits.   :)

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on August 04, 2015, 09:44:57 PM
Oh well looks like I was dead wrong, sorry!  From now on I'll just stick to my specialties, obscure 70's prog rock and quirky 80's hits.   :)
You mean like Echo and the squirrelmen?  ;)

centaurie

Dyna-X thanks for these lists! Makes it so easy to add some to my collection, and since I listen to the recording most of the time I can fill in the blanks. The playlist I call Babel will increase tremendously now.

Not sure how I feel about the Rihanna, but trying to get my kids to listen to classic rock and pop is painful so maybe there are some of the younger generation listening.

Dyna-X

Quote from: centaurie on August 05, 2015, 10:41:00 AM
Dyna-X thanks for these lists! Makes it so easy to add some to my collection, and since I listen to the recording most of the time I can fill in the blanks. The playlist I call Babel will increase tremendously now.

Not sure how I feel about the Rihanna, but trying to get my kids to listen to classic rock and pop is painful so maybe there are some of the younger generation listening.

Thanks centaurie, I agree 100% - I basically started to lose interest in what new music was on the airwaves about 20 years ago and have no idea what is happening there these days unless I am forced to endure it in some store.

I would kindly request someone fill in tonight on collecting the list. I think I would rather sleep. I am genuinely concerned the way the show has been going the last couple nights. I missed a couple bumpers because I was out on the porch drinking a shot of vodka so that I could sleep and forget last nights mismatch.

zeebo

If anybody notices any bumpers being pulled from the suggestions thread (as opposed to old faves) please point that out.  I'd be curious to know if it's actually being looked at.  Thanks.

Dyna-X

The Art's Charts from last nights Great Flat Earth Debate: 08/05/2015

Dyna-X

Last night we got confirmation from Art that all MITD bumpers will be 1972 or after, and remastered. So indeed we won't be hearing old favorites such as Some Velvet Morning, In the Year 2525, White Bird, or Eve of Destruction at any time in the forseeable future. I guess this is one of the sacrifices that had to be made to get MITD on the net (and air). So we at home should play the 60s bumpers loud and proud during the day in protest  ;)

phrodo

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 06, 2015, 11:54:37 AM
Last night we got confirmation from Art that all MITD bumpers will be 1972 or after, and remastered. So indeed we won't be hearing old favorites such as Some Velvet Morning, In the Year 2525, White Bird, or Eve of Destruction at any time in the forseeable future. I guess this is one of the sacrifices that had to be made to get MITD on the net (and air). So we at home should play the 60s bumpers loud and proud during the day in protest  ;)

But at least we can still get Highwayman and When The Man Comes Around to feed our need for cool, eerily ethereal songs.

Dyna-X

Last nights (08/07) Art's Charts: Another for 08/06 will be up after I listen to the playback - I had a toothache the last hour and nursed it with Whiskey until I fell asleep.

Dyna-X

For last night with Joe McMoneagle. Unless many of you want a nightly list, I'm considering a MITD master bumper playlist and just updating it every so often.

Dyna-X

Well good news! It seems that we are hearing the pre-1972 oldies again! Tonight included the first plays of "Some Velvet Morning", "I Can See for Miles" and "Temptation Eyes" and more!

Dyna-X

From last nights Open Lines. I'm surprised he didn't resurrect Barry MacGuire's "Eve of Destruction"  ;)

Dyna-X

From last night's show with Blanche Barton (8/13):

Dyna-X

From Friday nights (8/14) show with Andrew Basiago.  Have a great rest of the weekend :)

Quote from: zeebo on August 05, 2015, 03:53:19 PM
If anybody notices any bumpers being pulled from the suggestions thread (as opposed to old faves) please point that out.  I'd be curious to know if it's actually being looked at.  Thanks.

Take Me Away by Prism was played last night, it was one of my suggestions.  So yes hopefully Art will notice any new posts there too, I might add a few more myself.

Dyna-X

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 15, 2015, 09:42:53 PM
These charts rule.  Dyna-X, you rule. :)

Thanks Michael! And thanks Northern Lights for filling me in on this :)  - Here is last night's (8/17)

Dyna-X

Quote from: Northern Nights on August 18, 2015, 04:12:10 PM
Take Me Away by Prism was played last night, it was one of my suggestions.  So yes hopefully Art will notice any new posts there too, I might add a few more myself.

Really? That's great news for you and me both, Northern - I couldn't figure that one out!!

Dyna-X

Tues 08/18 with Fr. Ashcraft. A couple new bumpers tonight.

albrecht

of interest with regard to the whole music issue:
http://www.law360.com/articles/692236/cbs-cumulus-iheartmedia-sued-over-pre-1972-royalties
CBS, Cumulus, iHeartMedia Sued Over Pre-1972 Royalties

No wonder Art and Keith etc worried so much about the music issues.

Stephen

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2015, 04:42:19 PM
of interest with regard to the whole music issue:
http://www.law360.com/articles/692236/cbs-cumulus-iheartmedia-sued-over-pre-1972-royalties
CBS, Cumulus, iHeartMedia Sued Over Pre-1972 Royalties

No wonder Art and Keith etc worried so much about the music issues.
just ran across this comment... just for some clarification - historically (until very recently, specifically regarding internet broadcasting) the monies paid for music played on the terrestrial radio airwaves DO NOT go to the recording artist - those monies are paid to the songwriter(s) and their publisher(s) that own the composition's copyright via performing rights organizations like ascap and bmi (in the u.s.) that collect from each broadcaster...

playing these recordings "on the radio" has always been considered free advertising for the recording artist for their record(ing) sales and stimulating demand for their performance appearances...

zeebo

Quote from: Northern Nights on August 18, 2015, 04:12:10 PM

Cool, that's good to hear NN, thanks for the info.  Wasn't sure anyone was actually reading that thread.  I might post some more suggestions now.

Dyna-X

From last night (8/19) - the week has went fast, tomorrow night is already open lines again ;)

Dyna-X

It was awesome hearing those folks from GIS again! Art's charts for 08/20:

Dyna-X

Friday Open Lines with so much coffee I got this one (8/21) out before the show was done ;)

Juan Cena

Can't think about Enya's "Orinoco Flow" the same way after seeing "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."