• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 25, 2015, 11:46:12 PM
SaucyRossy is kind enough to allow his trailer to be shared as well:

No doubt...I loved that vibe! cool, bluesy, tough street feel...more please!

Sent e-mails to
KBOO
KXRY
Oregon Public Broadcasting
KNRK
KBFF
KXXO
Horizon Broadcasting Group
KXL
KFIR
KPAM
KUFO (YESSSSSSS Art needs to be on this station)
KEX
KUIK
KOHI
KBOI

With this e-mail

Hello [Radio Station Name],

My name is [Guerrilla "Big Swinging Balls" Unreal] and I've been a listener of your fine radio station since moving to Oregon. I'm writing to your station to let you know that Art Bell is coming back to the air waves and to ask you to consider bringing his show to your station.

As you may know Art Bell is one of the most legendary radio personalities of all the time and the creator of the Coast To Coast franchise that is still one of the biggest in radio today despite current host George Noory running it into the ground.

Art is coming out of retirement to create a new show and said he'd be interested in letting radio stations carry his show. So I'm e-mailing your station to ask you to please consider putting Art Bell back on the air waves in the area. Without a doubt Art will have the best late night show and I'd really enjoy being able to sit on my porch and enjoy his show again on your station.

If you're interested, please go this URL that Art sent out for more information.
http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Thank you,
[Guerrilla "Big Swinging Balls" Unreal]

Heather Wade

Quote from: nbirnes on June 25, 2015, 11:52:05 PM
You got it, Ms. Give me more. I hate FB, but will hold my nose, do my bizzness and get the heck out of there. MITD will not be stopped.

Your efforts will never be forgotten, Nancy.  Your help is appreciated more than you know.  I am humbled.  Thank you.  I'd like to spread the effort out so no one person does too much work (unless they want to).  Keeping the fire lit on Future Theater is awesome, tweets of trailers (maybe one every other day during Blitz Time?) along with the Time Traveler sign up link would be a big help.

Any other ideas you come up with, feel free to PM me & we will do our magic.

Jackstar

I would like to know when Phil Hendrie gets on board.

Heather Wade

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 12:04:11 AM
Sent e-mails to
KBOO
KXRY
Oregon Public Broadcasting
KNRK
KBFF
KXXO
Horizon Broadcasting Group
KXL
KFIR
KPAM
KUFO (YESSSSSSS Art needs to be on this station)
KEX
KUIK
KOHI

With this e-mail

Hello [Radio Station Name],

My name is [Guerrilla "Big Swinging Balls" Unreal] and I've been a listener of your fine radio station since moving to Oregon. I'm writing to your station to let you know that Art Bell is coming back to the air waves and to ask you to consider bringing his show to your station.

As you may know Art Bell is one of the most legendary radio personalities of all the time and the creator of the Coast To Coast franchise that is still one of the biggest in radio today despite current host George Noory running it into the ground.

Art is coming out of retirement to create a new show and said he'd be interested in letting radio stations carry his show. So I'm e-mailing your station to ask you to please consider putting Art Bell back on the air waves in the area. Without a doubt Art will have the best late night show and I'd really enjoy being able to sit on my porch and enjoy his show again on your station.

If you're interested, please go this URL that Art sent out for more information.
http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Thank you,
[Guerrilla "Big Swinging Balls" Unreal]

Wow.  You've been busy!  So cool.  I will PM you with the details of where you can get your complimentary Time Traveler tattoo.   ;)

It only took a few minutes, most of the radio stations have easy to use contact pages. Literally took just about 20 minutes to message every radio station in my area.

Paradox

I'm in.  Have no graphics talent, nor any large following anywhere.  Am on FB, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter, so I will be plastering trailers and announcements all over those.  Will contact a couple of radio stations here if they are not iHeart zombie stations.

nbirnes

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 12:10:40 AM

Your efforts will never be forgotten, Nancy.  Your help is appreciated more than you know.  I am humbled.  Thank you.  I'd like to spread the effort out so no one person does too much work (unless they want to).  Keeping the fire lit on Future Theater is awesome, tweets of trailers (maybe one every other day during Blitz Time?) along with the Time Traveler sign up link would be a big help.

Any other ideas you come up with, feel free to PM me & we will do our magic.

You got it, sister. I will write down any brainstorms I get and we will rool the night.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Paradox on June 26, 2015, 12:16:56 AM
I'm in.  Have no graphics talent, nor any large following anywhere.  Am on FB, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter, so I will be plastering trailers and announcements all over those.  Will contact a couple of radio stations here if they are not iHeart zombie stations.

Thank you Paradox.  That will be a great help.  There are others here that do have graphics talent, so you can spread the word with these fine creations. 

zeebo

Just wanted to say to (Redacted), this being the first-ever thread she's started ...

Heather Wade

Quote from: Jackstar on June 26, 2015, 12:12:22 AM
I would like to know when Phil Hendrie gets on board.

We simply must include this in our plan.

The General

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 12:14:56 AM
It only took a few minutes, most of the radio stations have easy to use contact pages. Literally took just about 20 minutes to message every radio station in my area.
I did that as well.

chefist

Quote from: The General on June 26, 2015, 12:45:56 AM
I did that as well.

Can the General provide a new juicy riff for the cause? oh, sorry...SIR!

Heather Wade

Quote from: The General on June 26, 2015, 12:45:56 AM
I did that as well.

Thank you for your efforts, General. 

Jackstar

While researching Die Blitzen, I found the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ome9SUTto

so confused I'm posting a picture I've never posted before

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 12:10:40 AM

tweets of trailers (maybe one every other day during Blitz Time?) along with the Time Traveler sign up link would be a big help.

I think this is a really important point. In order to maximise the amount of people that see a post don't just post one trailer after another within minutes of each other. The will just get lost and not be seen by your followers. Post them over a few days/weeks.

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on June 26, 2015, 12:55:20 AM
a complete fraud that tried to extort Art...please delete the post...Art does not deserve that here...please!

I've never heard of this. Small world! I don't know how to x-post this to the "Topics you want Art to cover when he comes back thread" but maybe, just maybe, if enough of you click on the Report to Moderator button...

Beyond never having heard of this, my curiosity extends now to wonder... A), how many people have ever tried to extort Art, and B),

Like I just don't get people.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 12:58:24 AM
I think this is a really important point. In order to maximise the amount of people that see a post don't just post one trailer after another within minutes of each other. The will just get lost and not be seen by your followers. Post them over a few days/weeks.

Yes, keep adding fuel and keep that fire burning bright & steady.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 01:04:21 AM
Yes, keep adding fuel and keep that fire burning bright & steady.

Good idea, a well-paced build-up vs. setting off the whole fireworks barge all at once.   :)

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2015, 01:07:38 AM
Good idea, a well-paced build-up vs. setting off the whole fireworks barge all at once.   :)

Will you tell all the other squirrels in the park about Midnight In The Desert?  And the owls in the tree?  That'd be very cool of you, and I've got a tip on a pretty good stash of acorns nearby for your trouble.   ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 01:13:22 AM

Will you tell all the other squirrels in the park about Midnight In The Desert?  And the owls in the tree?  That'd be very cool of you, and I've got a tip on a pretty good stash of acorns nearby for your trouble.   ;)

Told my pancakes, but they're useless. I mean, they're pancakes. Fuck. Then I tried the rest of the dolphin pod and they just accused me of blowing radio hosts. But I do have a newsletter, from which a message will be emitted at an appropriate time.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 01:13:22 AM
Will you tell all the other squirrels in the park about Midnight In The Desert?   ...

No problem.  I'm already putting the word out.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2015, 01:27:13 AM
No problem.  I'm already putting the word out.

is that what you call it...;-)

Heather Wade

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 26, 2015, 01:26:46 AM
Told my pancakes, but they're useless. I mean, they're pancakes. Fuck. Then I tried the rest of the dolphin pod and they just accused me of blowing radio hosts. But I do have a newsletter, from which a message will be emitted at an appropriate time.

Thank you, sir.  Dolphins are so perverted, anyway; not that there's anything wrong with that.  A message in your newsletter will do quite nicely. 

We should tweet famous Art bell fans

@TheCrystalGayle
@willienelson   @frankiemuniz        @merlehaggard      @ericburdon             
@WilliamShatner   ( even though he is a Canadian operative)

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 26, 2015, 01:38:47 AM

@TheCrystalGayle

that is a great suggestion! I'm not a Twitter person, but good on ya!

Paradox

So just fired off an e-mail .  I had a hefty list of local stations.  Then thanks to iHeart it was whittled down to a very few.  :(

This is what I sent to the few (my apologies to Keith should I have stepped on toes. And if so, let me know.):

Art Bell will be returning to broadcasting on the Internet on July 20, 2015 on the Dark Matter Digital Network.  His show is now called “Midnight in the Desert” and will broadcast LIVE from 9pm to Midnight Pacific, Midnight to 3am Eastern for FREE, Monday thru Friday.
See all the Details and FAQ.  http://artbell.com/

If you’re interested in carrying the program on your station, see the Affiliate Terms. http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Heather Wade

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 26, 2015, 01:38:47 AM

@TheCrystalGayle

I can dig that.  Thank you for the suggestion!  If only we could get one or two of them to re-tweet... we'd be in bizness.

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 01:48:20 AM

I can dig that.  Thank you for the suggestion!  If only we could get one or two of them to re-tweet... we'd be in bizness.

WURD!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Paradox on June 26, 2015, 01:42:44 AM
So just fired off an e-mail .  I had a hefty list of local stations.  Then thanks to iHeart it was whittled down to a very few.  :(

This is what I sent to the few (my apologies to Keith should I have stepped on toes. And if so, let me know.):

Art Bell will be returning to broadcasting on the Internet on July 20, 2015 on the Dark Matter Digital Network.  His show is now called “Midnight in the Desert” and will broadcast LIVE from 9pm to Midnight Pacific, Midnight to 3am Eastern for FREE, Monday thru Friday.
See all the Details and FAQ.  http://artbell.com/

If you’re interested in carrying the program on your station, see the Affiliate Terms. http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Kick ass, Paradox, kick ass.  It may seem like a few emails, but all of our combined efforts will create quite a storm.