• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fake News...

Started by chefist, December 09, 2016, 11:44:37 AM

Taaroa

Pepe, the sometimes-racist Internet frog, is dead

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/08/us/pepe-frog-meme-dead-trnd/index.html

QuoteNow, Le Pen has been defeated and Pepe is dead. While the jimmies of hard right Pepe-appropriators and rabid Le Pen fans (that Venn diagram is a circle) are undoubtedly rustled, there are already discussions on 4chan boards about which of Furie's characters they can appropriate in retaliation.
Hence, the problem with trolls. They're less like the monsters under a bridge and more like a hydra: One you lop off one head three more appear, and all of them look like something you once loved.
If you understood none of this, just remember this, as both moral and epitaph of Pepe the Frog: The Internet is bad, and we should feel bad.

CNN should feel bad for publishing this.

QuoteHe also became closely tied with the self-identified "Deplorables," Donald Trump supporters who saw no reason to apologize for their views and in fact seemed to gain energy from others' hatred of them.
Wasn't it Hillary that called them that? Hardly self identifying.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taaroa on May 10, 2017, 11:23:13 AM
https://twitter.com/JKCorden/status/862173980429402113

Here is the whole clip. I am glad that I am not the only person that thought covering a live shot of Comey driving down the freeway after being fired was much like watching OJ in a Bronco.

https://youtu.be/0Cg0mRT7VR0

pate

One can safely say that polar bears and penguins have a small slice of "lief", mm

Ask Fey'd Rautha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvyOqKhKWQ4

albrecht

I just turned on my radio to the local NPR station and heard the British reporter from the BBC reporting using MSNBC as the source. So, I listen to a state-funded foreign news station reference another domestic "news" agency over the government supported news station?  :o

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 11, 2017, 02:33:02 PM
I just turned on my radio to the local NPR station and heard the British reporter from the BBC reporting using MSNBC as the source. So, I listen to a state-funded foreign news station reference another domestic "news" agency over the government supported news station?  :o

They got you, mang. You fell for it.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

albrecht

The media made it seem like the seed vault had really flooded but according to the operators it was no big deal. Our seed are still safe for doomsday. I also thought, when the media was in "fake news" mode about the breach, "surely, they would do something as simple as zip-lock bags or water tight containers for the seeds anyway."
https://gizmodo.com/the-doomsday-vault-isnt-flooded-but-were-all-still-goin-1795400407

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 19, 2017, 06:49:25 PM
Now entering: The Matrix.  Guard your neck ports, everyone! 8)
http://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5
"Journalists drink too much, are bad at managing emotions, and operate at a lower level than average, according to a new study"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2017, 03:39:52 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5
"Journalists drink too much, are bad at managing emotions, and operate at a lower level than average, according to a new study"

It's pretty obvious from watching their complete mental breakdown over the last year. And some wonder why people go to YouTube for real news now. ;D

Yorkshire pud

Who knew? ::)
http://q13fox.com/2017/05/23/fox-news-retracts-story-on-seth-rich-conspiracy-theory/

NEW YORK â€" Fox News on Tuesday removed from its site an inaccurate story that peddled a conspiracy theory about the murder of Democratic National Committee Staffer Seth Rich. The story had remained online for almost a week after CNN pointed out basic problems with its assertions.

“On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich,” a statement on the Fox News website said. “The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.”

“We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted,” the statement added.

It was not immediately clear if the reporter or editor responsible for the story were facing any disciplinary action.

TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT 2017 CABLE NEWS NETWORK, INC., A TIME WARNER COMPANY. ALL RIGHTS

albrecht

Some foreign news agency reporter for the leftist rag was apparentlly "bodyslammed" when he confronted a Rep technocrat candidate in Montana.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/greg-gianforte-bodyslams-reporter-ben-jacobs-montana

Funny. Police investigating. Also funny how the intrepid reporter was covering an election, in another country, in a rural state while at his home the stories of young kids n people getting blown up my Muslims. He thought he'd safe, I guess but like "fake news" Geraldo years ago....got body-slammed. (Still better though than reporting on Muslims in his own country though, potentially.)

Taaroa

Quadrant online editor laments that Manchester blast was not against the ABC

So the short of it is that someone for an online magazine wrote an article saying that if there were any justice in the world that a bomb would go off where a particularly toxic/controversial tv show is filmed (it's always causing some form of drama - this is only an abridged listing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q%26A_(Australian_talk_show)#Notable_episodes ) and that humanity would be no worse off without the panelists. The TV network is now playing up their victimcard and trying to make news by saying things like the article was reported to the federal police (similar to the FBI) and that they'd be consulting with security experts, while quoting their own staff about how 'scared' they are.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/quadrant-online-editor-roger-franklin-laments-that-manchester-blast-was-not-against-abc-20170523-gwbreb.html

and

http://www.smh.com.au/national/quadrant-editor-issues-unreserved-apology-to-the-abc-over-sick-and-unhinged-article-20170524-gwch1q.html

the_Stranger

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2017, 08:19:55 PM
Some foreign news agency reporter for the leftist rag was apparentlly "bodyslammed" when he confronted a Rep technocrat candidate in Montana.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/greg-gianforte-bodyslams-reporter-ben-jacobs-montana

Funny. Police investigating. Also funny how the intrepid reporter was covering an election, in another country, in a rural state while at his home the stories of young kids n people getting blown up my Muslims. He thought he'd safe, I guess but like "fake news" Geraldo years ago....got body-slammed. (Still better though than reporting on Muslims in his own country though, potentially.)
So are you saying that this is fake even though there were eyewitnesses in the room as it happened?
Or is any story, real or otherwise, a chance for you to pontificate?
http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/35519026/the-latest-greg-gianforte-keeps-low-profile-montana-votes

albrecht

Quote from: the_Stranger on May 25, 2017, 06:39:28 PM
So are you saying that this is fake even though there were eyewitnesses in the room as it happened?
http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/35519026/the-latest-greg-gianforte-keeps-low-profile-montana-votes
There is a story because some historically left-wing rag from a foreign country went to some rural state to escalate and a possible attempt to influence an election- foreign interference! Investigation! Special Prosecutor! Congressional hearings!  ;)

And a politician "body-slammed" him supposedly, that reminded me of when "fake news" Geraldo (Rampant Satanist Cults In The USA, Al Capone's Vaults, etc) was body-slammed decades ago. But now at least one witness are recanting the part about the choking allegation and I'm not sure the technique on the body-slam- WWF experts need to be consulted. And despite reporters and people there- no video. But now some House race in a rural state is international news and has turned, according to the news, a tight race.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/multimedia/interactive/how-things-got-weird-as-montana-s-special-election-entered/html_4774cc17-8e31-52e9-b7d0-c4ebb1559bdc.html

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2017, 06:50:06 PM
There is a story because some historically left-wing rag from a foreign country went to some rural state to escalate and a possible attempt to influence an election- foreign interference! Investigation! Special Prosecutor! Congressional hearings!  ;)

And a politician "body-slammed" him supposedly, that reminded me of when "fake news" Geraldo (Rampant Satanist Cults In The USA, Al Capone's Vaults, etc) was body-slammed decades ago. But now at least one witness are recanting the part about the choking allegation and I'm not sure the technique on the body-slam- WWF experts need to be consulted. And despite reporters and people there- no video. But now some House race in a rural state is international news and has turned, according to the news, a tight race.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/multimedia/interactive/how-things-got-weird-as-montana-s-special-election-entered/html_4774cc17-8e31-52e9-b7d0-c4ebb1559bdc.html

The Guardian makes no bones about being a liberal rag. If you look at their front page right now there is one article about the Manchester bombing and the other 20 or so are about Trump or Montana.

It was clear he was trying to stir up shit. He wasn't asking about support for NATO or a subject the UK might be affected by, it was about healthcare. YP is the only UK subject that cares about our healthcare.

Foreign reporters should not be granted access during campaigns. They can read the AP and get all the liberal slant they want.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2017, 06:50:06 PM

The reporter is American. He asked a reasonable question (The cost of the proposed health budget), and in view of it being an election for the house, relevant for the electorate.

If the politician hadn't enough self control and obvious anger management problems, how is he fit to make decisions that effect everyone? The irony of course is how Republicans preach the constitution but never remember the first amendment when its percieved unfavourable.

All because the politician couldn't hold his temper. It probably won't change the result as most votes were cast before the incident.

But the actual question asked still is relevant. If you're rich, not old, and have no pre conditions you won't be in the forecast extra 23 million worse off in 2026 than those today. This is to save nearly a trillion dollars, but will only take off about $150 billion off the deficit.

The rest is to go to tax cuts for the top 2%. Draining the swamp.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 25, 2017, 07:01:57 PM
The reporter is American. He asked a reasonable question (The cost of the proposed health budget), and in view of it being an election for the house, relevant for the electorate.

If the politician hadn't enough self control and obvious anger management problems, how is he fit to make decisions that effect everyone? The irony of course is how Republicans preach the constitution but never remember the first amendment when its percieved unfavourable.

All because the politician couldn't hold his temper. It probably won't change the result as most votes were cast before the incident.

But the actual question asked still is relevant. If you're rich, not old, and have no pre conditions you won't be in the forecast extra 23 million worse off in 2026 than those today. This is to save nearly a trillion dollars, but will only take off about $150 billion off the deficit.

The rest is to go to tax cuts for the top 2%. Draining the swamp.
Ha! GravitySucks just moments ago: "it was about healthcare. YP is the only UK subject that cares about our healthcare."  ;)

One might think that the lefty Guardian, which originally was a Manchester paper, would be more concerned with the bombing in its home base and the investigation and May putting troops in the streets and boosting threat level to "critical" than about some Congressional candidate in a rural state in another country or another country's citizens healthcare.  :o

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2017, 07:10:38 PM
Ha! GravitySucks just moments ago: "it was about healthcare. YP is the only UK subject that cares about our healthcare."  ;)

One might think that the lefty Guardian, which originally was a Manchester paper, would be more concerned with the bombing in its home base and the investigation and May putting troops in the streets and boosting threat level to "critical" than about some Congressional candidate in a rural state in another country or another country's citizens healthcare.  :o

The Guardian (and the other papers) have covered the Manchester bombing, your point?

But they also (like other papers) cover stories abroad. I know the average murican hasn't travelled much further than their local Walmart and Tacobell, but there's a big world outside the borders. The joke goes the Americans only invade other countries so they can draw none US maps.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 25, 2017, 07:17:51 PM
The Guardian (and the other papers) have covered the Manchester bombing, your point?

But they also (like other papers) cover stories abroad. I know the average murican hasn't travelled much further than their local Walmart and Tacobell, but there's a big world outside the borders. The joke goes the Americans only invade other countries so they can draw none US maps.
I'm sure the average American doesn't travel foreign travel but businessmen and many others do. Unlike many countries the US is large and it is a pain to travel, especially these days with the airlines making air travel so uncomfortable. And costly. And so much to see here, especially with our limited vacation time for most people (one thing that is nice, but costly, is certain Continental countries is their 'crazy' allotted holiday time and forced limited working hours.) And then you go to some foreign country and you get McDonaldses and Hollywood movies and people are wearing jeans.  :( Plus so much immigrant scum now in the major "tourist" areas of Europe. So there is a safety consideration. One might not be able to go see an American band or pop-star without getting shot or blown up.  >:( I think people should travel or work overseas though because you get a different experience and appreciate what you have.

We used to joke: "Join the Army, go over seas, meet interesting people, and kill them." I don't like our global footprint militarily and would much rather have a 'stay at home.'  But then those evil Russians you fret over, or Germans, would be in control of much of Europe. Although, let's face it- with the EU Germany already controls Europe in many ways, and Brexit will make it have even stronger influence. And things likely goods, food, and hydrocarbons would be more expensive for everyone since we (and some other Western countries) make shipping lanes safe.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2017, 07:32:33 PM
I'm sure the average American doesn't travel foreign travel but businessmen and many others do. Unlike many countries the US is large and it is a pain to travel, especially these days with the airlines making air travel so uncomfortable. And costly. And so much to see here, especially with our limited vacation time for most people (one thing that is nice, but costly, is certain Continental countries is their 'crazy' allotted holiday time and forced limited working hours.) And then you go to some foreign country and you get McDonaldses and Hollywood movies and people are wearing jeans.  :( Plus so much immigrant scum now in the major "tourist" areas of Europe. So there is a safety consideration. One might not be able to go see an American band or pop-star without getting shot or blown up.  >:( I think people should travel or work overseas though because you get a different experience and appreciate what you have.

We used to joke: "Join the Army, go over seas, meet interesting people, and kill them." I don't like our global footprint militarily and would much rather have a 'stay at home.'  But then those evil Russians you fret over, or Germans, would be in control of much of Europe. Although, let's face it- with the EU Germany already controls Europe in many ways, and Brexit will make it have even stronger influence. And things likely goods, food, and hydrocarbons would be more expensive for everyone since we (and some other Western countries) make shipping lanes safe.

Oh purleees. The chances of being murdered in the USA is second or third to South Africa and certain countries in the ME.  Europe is way down the list. The last bomb in the UK was in 2005. That isn't to lesson the terrible events but how many overseas tourists were murdered in the US in the last twelve years?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 25, 2017, 07:49:22 PM
Oh purleees. The chances of being murdered in the USA is second or third to South Africa and certain countries in the ME.  Europe is way down the list. The last bomb in the UK was in 2005. That isn't to lesson the terrible events but how many overseas tourists were murdered in the US in the last twelve years?
I know the threat is low compared. A lot of tourists killed in the USA, still a relative small number considering the over all numbers of visitors. Diversity is not our strength. Usually when it happens they have wandered into "urban" neighborhoods. But the terrorism and mass killings are on the uptick, here, but especially in Europe and will continue to escalate as you, and us to an extent, allow the radical Muslim, and others, invasion to continue and as the Middle-East/N.Africa continues to destabilize and Muslim nations, even a NATO "ally" Turkey, encourages the bad folks to invade your countries. And the rapes, petty crime, and just general 'dirtiness' of the immigrant scum and gypsies make many of the major tourist attractions not as much fun as it used to be. We have this problem here also sometimes with our illegals and homeless- but, usually, not as violent and more just an eye-sore and uncleanliness: pissing/shitting on streets, sleeping on benches, drinking beer in the park, ODing on whatever cheap Chinese drug got on the street, etc. But not riots, mass assaults, or taking over whole neighborhoods (usually.)

Quote from: the_Stranger on May 25, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

Seems to me the coverage on this has been a bit one-sided (shock).  The reporter was badgering him, becoming more and more aggressive, and apparently either grabbed him, pushed him, or shoved his microphone into his face before the Congressman finally defended himself.  Sure seems like the pretend reporter was trying to provoke a response. 

Playing ''gotcha'', intentionally provoking the candidate, beginning from a partisan narrative in gathering information and asking questions, none of that is actually journalism.  Somehow the Guardian and the other Fake News outlets neglected to mention any of this - focusing solely on the candidate, and acting as though it was an out of the blue attack by an out of control candidate on a hapless innocent reporter just doing his job.

So yes, one-sided reporting is Fake News, and that's the case with this incident.

the_Stranger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 25, 2017, 08:10:26 PM
Seems to me the coverage on this has been a bit one-sided (shock).  The reporter was badgering him, becoming more and more aggressive, and apparently either grabbed him, pushed him, or shoved his microphone into his face before the Congressman finally defended himself.  Sure seems like the pretend reporter was trying to provoke a response. 

Playing ''gotcha'', intentionally provoking the candidate, beginning from a partisan narrative in gathering information and asking questions, none of that is actually journalism.  Somehow the Guardian and the other Fake News outlets neglected to mention any of this - focusing solely on the candidate, and acting as though it was an out of the blue attack by an out of control candidate on a hapless innocent reporter just doing his job.

So yes, one-sided reporting is Fake News, and that's the case with this incident.

The audio from this incident does not sound very aggressive from the reporter at all.
You're just acting on your ALT/KHLAN/CON marching orders.
Get the facts, Jack!

gnooryblows

Quote from: the_Stranger on May 25, 2017, 09:39:21 PM
The audio from this incident does not sound very aggressive from the reporter at all.
You're just acting on your ALT/KHLAN/CON marching orders.
Get the facts, Jack!

lulfaggot. this is the ultimate proof that demoncrats are pussies and republicans are the real deal! and as far the audio goes, the reporter didn't sound "hostile" in any way, but it did sound like he might have been getting up in the other guys face, probably blocking his way or shoving a mic right in his face in a manner that would technically constitute assault (if we're being technical)

either way, nobody cares to defend the guy, or shill for the guy, or spin for the guy, because what you losers don't understand is that we want our guys to be the sort of guys that body slam your pussy faggot ass lying NWO buttfuckers!

so keep whining about it all you want. us conservatives are now living in a world where when we walk down the street people want to assault us, intimidate us, use violence against us. regularly. and these groups are out there marching in the street without repercussion (ANTIFA and others).

so are we really gonna care when one of our leaders bodyslams some two faced, smarmy reporter that probably stepped out of his boundaries? nope. we're all quite happy about it. we're all just beaming with pride and stuff, i assure you!

INB4 "you claim to be against political violence and then celebrate the actions of this man!"

yeah, i am against political violence, but there's a difference between political violence from civilians and people who are literally going to be in congress, making decisions, and the future of our republic is actually dependent upon them getting their way. when you see a guy who gets riled up over stuff like that, it's nice for them to show a little spunk. you don't feel shame about it, you feel like "that's our boy!"

one of the biggest red flags with people like clintons and obamas should have been that they never show emotion. they never show emotion because they never feel emotion. they're hollow empty shells who don't really care either way about what they say, what sort of policies they enact, or what sort of consequences they bring. they just want to be famous, wealthy, "revered" and the whole nine yards.