Started by Lunger, August 02, 2009, 02:38:26 PM

Lunger

[something was said]

[the guest is laughing]

[I'd better throw one out there too]

"Ha Ha Ha Ha"

[whew]

Marc.Knight

That's Nooryspeak for "I don't understand what the guest said, and I don't know why he's laughing, so I'd better act like I have been paying attention."

EvB

Ah - but how about the "polite" laugh of the (usually) female guest when Noory says something lame and they feel they must respond?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on August 02, 2009, 03:17:54 PM
Ah - but how about the "polite" laugh of the (usually) female guest when Noory says something lame and they feel they must respond?

You're exactly correct EvB. 

This plays over and over in Noory's mind, and sometimes manifests itself into a few indistinguishable words dribbled over the radio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Quote from: PW on August 02, 2009, 02:47:24 PM
That's Nooryspeak for "I don't understand what the guest said, and I don't know why he's laughing, so I'd better act like I have been paying attention."

He has no sense of humor.  None.  Zero.  Zip.  Sometimes, when he senses a guest or a caller has said something meant to be humorous, he will go dead silent - one can almost hear him cock his ears to see if said guest/caller is going to laugh.  When they do, he joins in with a phony chuckle, quickly goes on to something else.

Other times, he must sit around the office during the day and once again decide to tell a funny story (other successful hosts do it, right?).  He will tell a story that is just awful, no timing, unfunny, then laughs.  Often it involves injury or embarrassment to someone else.  The only person in the country laughing at it is George.

Then there is the 'Art Bell deep chuckle', copies from the master.  Listen for it.  Your stomach will turn over.

George must be quite the clown at parties.  Oh that's right, he's never been to a party...

Supernormal

Quite a few of us have mentioned and/or noticed it. He laughs at things that *aren't* funny, and he doesn't laugh at things that *are* funny. Maybe he's chuckling at the fact that we haven't caught on to his Borat, the talk show host, act yet. Oh, he uses a new fake chuckle now that sounds like, "hee hee hee" (he really says it).

Supernormal

Quote from: EvB on August 02, 2009, 03:17:54 PM

LMH did that when he told his joke to her last week. I'm assuming that her laugh was politely fake, like when a first-grader tells somebody a "new" joke.