• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Paradox

Still on board, just have had a lot going on.  Seeing lots of great stuff to send.  Good work on the trailers and graphics everyone!  :)  Will start sending July 4.
So excited about the 20th. 

nbirnes

Quote from: ksm32 on July 03, 2015, 01:49:40 AM
I own a flooring company. I would gladly put a link on my the website. I get a lot of hits locally, and from all over North America.   Flooring and Art..?     Not sure if it would help much. But I would do it. It's a good looking site and I could find a place for it on my Home page. Or give its own page as a sub page.

You could PM me if you like. If so send me the link and a pic or banner.  It would be great if a talented person made a flashing, pulsing banner HTML to paste. Real pro like, instead of a picture.

NOTE: I have been drinking heavy as it may be my birthday so I have not read any posts after about the fourth. So forgive me if this has been covered or is redundant in any way.

..now modifying. Some of the pictures posted are pretty good.

Here are two really easy websites for making the throbbing, sparkly text: www.glowtext.com and www.cooltext.com.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Paradox on July 03, 2015, 01:05:27 PM
Still on board, just have had a lot going on.  Seeing lots of great stuff to send.  Good work on the trailers and graphics everyone!  :)  Will start sending July 4.
So excited about the 20th. 

This is cool, and thank you Paradox.

nbirnes

Quote from: NXOEED on July 03, 2015, 11:35:03 AM
News about a thing I'm throwing together on the 18th and 19th in preparation for Art's triumphant return. SEVEN SISTERS Art Hunt. Find them and keep them. Anybody who lives in Phoenix is welcome to participate. Collect all seven.

http://nxoeed.com/post/123129738473/art-bell-returns-to-radio

We have to find all the SEVEN SISTERS and get them to talk for the Bella Blitz. We have ways of making them talk. It involves cookies.

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 03, 2015, 03:53:14 PM
We have to find all the SEVEN SISTERS and get them to talk for the Bella Blitz. We have ways of making them talk. It involves cookies.

Well seeing that I managed to miss both of the test runs of Bella-Havan, did you record them and where are they posted? Been listening to old TrainWerck and Art Bell shows and would love some new goofiness  :P

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: NXOEED on July 03, 2015, 11:58:37 AM
thank you, buddy.

Holy crap man, you do some really cool looking art. Do you do cover art?

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 03, 2015, 05:47:38 PM
Well seeing that I managed to miss both of the test runs of Bella-Havan, did you record them and where are they posted? Been listening to old TrainWerck and Art Bell shows and would love some new goofiness  :P

Funny thing. I have not managed to record stuff yet -- something with wrangling all the channels and blending them, which I will endeavor to do. It's probably just as well. Since I forgot to give out the url last night, we had no listeners so we took that opportunity to dish some spicy tidbits. I would be wanting to burn those tapes from last night if they existed. Tonight we will try to be more careful.

Will be working on the websites later, so for now:

url: http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u
phone: (215) 488-7374
chat: http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23bellahaven&uio=Mj10cnVlJjQ9dHJ1ZSY5PXRydWUmMTE9MTEzJjEyPXRydWU54

For the chat, you have to put in a nickname of your choice and then #bellahaven ... identical to the #bellgab chat, but I have to figure out how to deliver it in a nicer way.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on July 03, 2015, 06:40:18 PM
Funny thing. I have not managed to record stuff yet -- something with wrangling all the channels and blending them, which I will endeavor to do. It's probably just as well. Since I forgot to give out the url last night, we had no listeners so we took that opportunity to dish some spicy tidbits. I would be wanting to burn those tapes from last night if they existed. Tonight we will try to be more careful.

chat: http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23bellahaven&uio=Mj10cnVlJjQ9dHJ1ZSY5PXRydWUmMTE9MTEzJjEyPXRydWU54

For the chat, you have to put in a nickname of your choice and then #bellahaven ... identical to the #bellgab chat, but I have to figure out how to deliver it in a nicer way.
What time, Nancy?

serenity

Quote from: chefist on July 03, 2015, 06:41:59 PM
What time, Nancy?

Feed seems to be up. Playing music right now

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 03, 2015, 07:39:48 PM
Feed seems to be up. Playing music right now

Yes. We tested some stuff and it's good.

However, if minifang or wr250 sees this: re: IRC chat. I will try to register the nick and the channel. So far, I don't have the little type-in window at the bottom.

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 03, 2015, 07:52:58 PM
Yes. We tested some stuff and it's good.

However, if minifang or wr250 sees this: re: IRC chat. I will try to register the nick and the channel. So far, I don't have the little type-in window at the bottom.

I checked in and could type. Is the audio feed permanent or dynamic? I want to add it to my station list

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 03, 2015, 08:03:13 PM
I checked in and could type. Is the audio feed permanent or dynamic? I want to add it to my station list

Wow. you are way ahead of me. What is the link for your page with an audio feed? Are you sure it's not the bellgab page or ufoship? In any event, expect a frantic PM from me ... right about now.

NXOEED

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 03, 2015, 06:32:18 PM
Holy crap man, you do some really cool looking art. Do you do cover art?

I sure do (cover art). And thank you.

Lilith

Quote from: NXOEED on July 02, 2015, 12:39:32 PM

What I did yesterday. 700 locations. These are the highlights.

If you put the image on a USB stick, you can take it to FedEx/Kinko's or Staples and plug it directly into their copy machine. Print a master copy, and then stick it into the copy machine.

LOVE it !!!!

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 03, 2015, 08:26:50 PM
Wow. you are way ahead of me. What is the link for your page with an audio feed? Are you sure it's not the bellgab page or ufoship? In any event, expect a frantic PM from me ... right about now.

I am using the audio address you posted. I just checked. Ufo ship is playing old podcast. Your feed is music.  And to clarify, i am listening on my radio. No audio in the chat room.....better?

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on July 03, 2015, 08:53:39 PM
I am using the audio address you posted. I just checked. Ufo ship is playing old podcast. Your feed is music.  And to clarify, i am listening on my radio. No audio in the chat room.....better?

same/same   using the url MV posted, I hear nice tunes on my VLC player.

This link nancybirnes, that MV posted in the Bellahaven live thread.   http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

Morgus

do you also have a Skype address that can be used?

nbirnes

Quote from: Morgus on July 03, 2015, 11:42:35 PM
do you also have a Skype address that can be used?

I do. It's "nancybirnes" -- you so smart. Are you going to be joining us tonight?

SaucyRossy

Is there a bellahaven tonight? Im listening to the stream.....some sort of....I don't know what is type of music is playing. Rather soothing actually. But I am down to listen/chat!

SaucyRossy

ok seriously will there be a bellahaven on tonight and if so what time? Right now I am listening to jitterbug and I'm trying my hardest to not close the stream haha

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 03, 2015, 08:03:13 PM

Permanent. Right now it's playing music from my own collection. I'll load up the Auto DJ later with this, plus requests. A real juke box. whatta country.

nbirnes

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 03, 2015, 11:48:22 PM

Is there a bellahaven tonight? Im listening to the stream.....some sort of....I don't know what is type of music is playing. Rather soothing actually. But I am down to listen/chat!

It's just iTUnes playing from my computer. It's eclectic. We'll be testing tonight, with all fingers crossed. At 3 am, on this lovely link, thanks to MV:

http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

nbirnes

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 04, 2015, 12:01:44 AM
ok seriously will there be a bellahaven on tonight and if so what time? Right now I am listening to jitterbug and I'm trying my hardest to not close the stream haha

Poor Saucy. It's just stuff I like. I'm old.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: nbirnes on July 04, 2015, 12:13:03 AM
It's just iTUnes playing from my computer. It's eclectic. We'll be testing tonight, with all fingers crossed. At 3 am, on this lovely link, thanks to MV:

http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

ok great ill be listening!

RoseGirl

I think the music is just marvie.....haven't heard good tunes like that in a long time.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: nbirnes on July 04, 2015, 12:14:55 AM
Poor Saucy. It's just stuff I like. I'm old.

I was totally kidding around haha

BettyO417

QuoteKeep in mind the Davebots can read this thread too, but we can organize our thoughts here, and keep secret stuff to the PM's.  Bring your game, BellGabbers.  Bring your talent.  The Midnight In The Desert Media Blitz officially begins July 4th, and continues through July 20th.  Let's get our strategy together here.

Ideas, artwork, trailers, articles, links, oh my.

It's official.  ;D. I'm now a MITD Time Traveler! So happy to finally come out of the lurkers den! Been waiting and hoping for the day to come when that very manly voice from the High Desert would fill my mind again. Been a loyal Art fan since the mid 90's and when he's away there is NO one that can fill his boots!  Bellgab you have been a refuge for us all! So I humbly thank you all for filling the void on Bellgab. Yes, I have tried to adjust and become part of a past show on DMR but it was overwhelming. Nice people seeking the same, problem being it WASN'T the MASTER! I couldn't have less than what I was accustomed too, so more of the classic shows for 16 days! Yes, yes, yes! So from the top of the Ozarks in SW Missouri I look forward to the time that Art will mesmerize us! So on with the. Blitz and let's get ready for the Ride!   :-*