• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

Breaking: DNC Chief Donna Brazile Leaked Sanders Info to Clinton Campaign
WikiLeaks hack reveals DNC's favoritism as Clinton staff in damage control over Hillary's support for DOMA

http://observer.com/2016/10/breaking-dnc-chief-donna-brazile-leaked-sanders-info-to-clinton-campaign/

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 10, 2016, 09:35:20 PM
I don't think Keith Richards knows to this day that he was in on it. He'd probably be like "Who the fuck is Kennedy?".

Naw, I happen to know for a fact that Keith and Mick where on a coke binge in Brussels when the terrible deed was done.   :o

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 09:26:52 PM
That's really deep dude. Are we talking about some sort of cosmic collective responsibility here  because if we're not, I seem to remember being in Baltimore at the time of the shooting.

So was I. Seriously.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 10, 2016, 09:59:54 PM
Breaking: DNC Chief Donna Brazile Leaked Sanders Info to Clinton Campaign
WikiLeaks hack reveals DNC's favoritism as Clinton staff in damage control over Hillary's support for DOMA
A
http://observer.com/2016/10/breaking-dnc-chief-donna-brazile-leaked-sanders-info-to-clinton-campaign/

Ain't that some shit.  I spent 18 years in the the greater D.C. area and I remember Donna Brazil as a young protege of Marion Berry the crack smoking multi-term mayor.    She always impressed me as a sleazoid political hack.  This really doesn't surprise me.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 10, 2016, 10:17:50 PM
So was I. Seriously.

I was in the Navy and in transit.  I remember getting the news while waiting to catch a flight.  Small world.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 10:22:39 PM
Ain't that some shit.  I spent 18 years in the the greater D.C. area and I remember Donna Brazil as a young protege of Marion Berry the crack smoking multi-term mayor.    She always impressed me as a sleazoid political hack.  This really doesn't surprise me.
At least he was a colorful mayor with lots of antics and represented much of his constituency with his antics, drug use, prostitution, etc. And he was shot by black Muslims (a internecine feud between US-based black Muslims) after all, so had some street cred. It was also funny that any time there was a snowstorm that shut down the city he seemed to be elsewhere like in the Caribbean or at the Super Bowl in SoCal, as I recall.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 10:30:32 PM
At least he was a colorful mayor with lots of antics and represented much of his constituency with his antics, drug use, prostitution, etc. And he was shot by black Muslims (a internecine feud between US-based black Muslims) after all, so had some street cred. It was also funny that any time there was a snowstorm that shut down the city he seemed to be elsewhere like in the Caribbean or at the Super Bowl in SoCal, as I recall.

Yeah he was a hoot.  Wasn't he reelected to the city council after doing time for the crack bust? 

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 10:30:32 PM

I know a woman who was a housekeeper in a resort that he stayed in. She went into clean the room after he checked out and had to go to management in tears asking for extra help. Don't remember all she told me other than that there were used condoms and feces all over the place. The room was torn up and was a complete disaster area. Yeah, I'm sure the bitches set him up. Ah, huh.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 10:36:41 PM
Yeah he was a hoot.  Wasn't he reelected to the city council after doing time for the crack bust?
Yep. But his constituents loved him. Gotta love Democracy. Sometimes electing the crook is a, somewhat maybe, valid claim. Recall Edwards in LA running against David Duke and his official campaign slogan and bumper stickers was "Vote For the Crook, Its Important." I really am surprised that Billary hasn't adopted that slogan.

albrecht

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 10, 2016, 10:38:08 PM
I know a woman who was a housekeeper in a resort that he stayed in. She went into clean the room after he checked out and had to go to management in tears asking for extra help. Don't remember all she told me other than that there were used condoms and feces all over the place. The room was torn up and was a complete disaster area. Yeah, I'm sure the bitches set him up. Ah, huh.
Geez. Nasty. I haven't heard that story. The local news and radio shock-jocks, like the great, genius Greaseman, used to have fun comments about him and DC and the local constituency was such a mess it was no surprise that they loved him. Such a weird situation having the nation's capital city in such a mess with killings, drugs, crime, inefficiencies, and a mayor who represented it.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 10, 2016, 10:38:08 PM

Yet another vicious act of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 10:45:07 PM
Geez. Nasty. I haven't heard that story. The local news and radio shock-jocks, like the great, genius Greaseman, used to have fun comments about him and DC and the local constituency was such a mess it was no surprise that they loved him. Such a weird situation having the nation's capital city in such a mess with killings, drugs, crime, inefficiencies, and a mayor who represented it.

"The Greaseman." Now you're making me nostalgic.   You've gotta admit that the mayor put the fun in dysfunctional.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 10:55:59 PM
"The Greaseman." Now you're making me nostalgic.   You've gotta admit that the mayor put the fun in dysfunctional.
Ha, yep. I think his constituency sort of new that in a way. Like we are so fucked we might as well elect the guy that the suburbs and Feds don't like.
I consider the Greaseman second to Hendrie as radio genius. And he is MUCH more friendly towards fans. Several years ago I emailed him about someone who put up a site with taped archives and he replied back to me with friendly comments and thought it was great than fans were posting archives etc (Hendrie apparently tries to sue or shut them down) and ended the email with a friendly AMF. I can listen to him, and Hendrie's, old stuff and still laugh even though I've heard before, many times. Sort of like how I can relisten to Art shows.

Not a story that made it out for the general public. You heard it here first. Like I said, I just happened to know the woman who was sent up to clean the room.

Back in the '90s, I use to sometimes watch some show from Howard University. It was some radio show that was being broadcasted on cable tv which featured Berry. The only reason I watched it was because it was so damned funny. The whole time, it was nothing but listeners calling up bitching at Berry for not doing his job. Everyone - black, white, male, female... It was all "You call yourself a mayor!? You're a disgrace! Pot holes all over this city, (etc., etc., etc....)" He'd just sit there with a smile and calmly say, "Thank you caller." It was hysterical!

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 10:55:59 PM

Oh, he was a trip! Didn't really listen much though because I just didn't like most of the music he played. That was back when we had loads of good radio stations around. Alas, no more. Not even a one.

albrecht

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 10, 2016, 11:04:52 PM
Not a story that made it out for the general public. You heard it here first. Like I said, I just happened to know the woman who was sent up to clean the room.

Back in the '90s, I use to sometimes watch some show from Howard University. It was some radio show that was being broadcasted on cable tv which featured Berry. The only reason I watched it was because it was so damned funny. The whole time, it was nothing but listeners calling up bitching at Berry for not doing his job. Everyone - black, white, male, female... It was all "You call yourself a mayor!? Pot holes all over this city, (etc., etc., etc....)" He'd just sit there with a smile and calmly say, "Thank you caller." It was hysterical!
Ha, I never caught that show but wasn't there in the 90's. It was such a crazy situation. You have the place of the most powerful country on earth that was in shambles. Diplomats etc were perplexed. So many that worked didn't live there or if so in very small areas that were protected and so the tax-base was all f*cked, although they made some deal where if you worked there but didn't live there you would still pay DC taxes in addition to your MD or VA ones. But I recall visiting the FBI building with some relative guests (cool Tommy Gun show at the end) from another country and seeing sex shops and drug deals on the same street. They were like: WTF? Also would have to tell people: No! You can't just stroll around or take a jog except in these areas etc. (They from Europe pre-Muslim so used to the idea of being able to just go anywhere.) So funny. It has gotten better last time I was in DC, lots of gentrification and whole areas like by the Navy Yards/Anacostia which used to be 'no goes' are changed. So much government money, lobbyists, and contractors making the area a boom-town. (To other parts of the country and tax-payers disadvantage I guess.)

albrecht

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 10, 2016, 11:06:44 PM
Oh, he was a trip! Didn't really listen much though because I just didn't like most of the music he played. That was back when we had loads of good radio stations around. Alas, no more. Not even a one.
Even if you didn't like DC/101 and etc music his bits are awesome. He was a genius and had a vocabulary for fans to get around FCC rules. Here is one archive. Please share with anyone who appreciates good live radio. I consider him and Hendrie geniuses.
http://www.greaseman.org/bits_karls.html

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 11:01:25 PM
Ha, yep. I think his constituency sort of new that in a way. Like we are so fucked we might as well elect the guy that the suburbs and Feds don't like.
I consider the Greaseman second to Hendrie as radio genius. And he is MUCH more friendly towards fans. Several years ago I emailed him about someone who put up a site with taped archives and he replied back to me with friendly comments and thought it was great than fans were posting archives etc (Hendrie apparently tries to sue or shut them down) and ended the email with a friendly AMF. I can listen to him, and Hendrie's, old stuff and still laugh even though I've heard before, many times. Sort of like how I can relisten to Art shows.

Okay now you got me started.  When I was a kid I listened to a character called "The Hound" out of Buffalo, NY who was sort of an earlier version of Wolfman Jack who I also liked.   Later I got into listening to Cousin Brucie on WABC (I think) out of NYC.  I guess those would be my favorites.  What they all had in common was their amazing ability to keep up a steady commentary that was genuinely funny.  Yeah and also Don Imus when he was still snorting coke and drinking.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 07:44:32 PM
Wow, Nixon was behind the Kennedy assasinartion, who knew.  Of all the theories that I am aware of, and I've done extensive reading on the subject over the years, this is the first time I have heard anyone claim that Richard Nixon was inolved. Did he work with the Cubans, the Russians, the CIA, Sam Giancana, Carlos Traficante,  Lyndon Johnson, the oil Barron's, George H.W. Bush, the Corsican Mafia, the Freemasons, the Elk's Club or the Pleadians.  Before you go all bristly on me, I'm just saying that Richard Nixon being the culprit is a theory that competes with many others that I find much more probable.  You know what they say about opinions and that's mine.    Here's another one:  Jimmy Carter is a decent man, a piss-poor president and a terrific ex president.   Best

I didn't say Nixon was behind it, only that he had inside knowledge of it. Otherwise, why would he be concerned about that whole Bay of pigs thing being exposed in his tape recordings? I'm pretty sure the Bay of Pigs invasion was public knowledge by the time he was president.

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 11:12:11 PM
Ha, I never caught that show but wasn't there in the 90's. It was such a crazy situation. You have the place of the most powerful country on earth that was in shambles. Diplomats etc were perplexed. So many that worked didn't live there or if so in very small areas that were protected and so the tax-base was all f*cked, although they made some deal where if you worked there but didn't live there you would still pay DC taxes in addition to your MD or VA ones. But I recall visiting the FBI building with some relative guests (cool Tommy Gun show at the end) from another country and seeing sex shops and drug deals on the same street. They were like: WTF? Also would have to tell people: No! You can't just stroll around or take a jog except in these areas etc. (They from Europe pre-Muslim so used to the idea of being able to just go anywhere.) So funny. It has gotten better last time I was in DC, lots of gentrification and whole areas like by the Navy Yards/Anacostia which used to be 'no goes' are changed. So much government money, lobbyists, and contractors making the area a boom-town. (To other parts of the country and tax-payers disadvantage I guess.)

Yeah, it many ways it's gotten better, but don't let it fool you. It's still an unsafe shithole that just happens to have landed around a lot of really nice stuff.

You're talking about the bridge tax. Leave it to politicians to find any and every way they can to tax the hell out of everyone. They try to get people to commute with public transportation but then charge an arm and a leg to park in the park n ride. From what I heard from my DC friends, it ends up costing them the same as if they drove into the District and paid to park. Then there's the totally effed Metro that never works.

I love DC but I also hate it. Really hate it.

The FBI building is a fun tour.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 11:18:14 PM
Okay now you got me started.  When I was a kid I listened to a character called "The Hound" out of Buffalo, NY who was sort of an earlier version of Wolfman Jack who I also liked.   Later I got into listening to Cousin Brucie on WABC (I think) out of NYC.  I guess those would be my favorites.  What they all had in common was their amazing ability to keep up a steady commentary that was genuinely funny.  Yeah and also Don Imus when he was still snorting coke and drinking.
Never got into Imus, Stern but I think Wolfman was more of the radio for music. Greaseman and Hendrie weren't, really for the music but the talk/humor. Hendrie was/is a master and what a great idea! Fake guests to outrage callers and the Grease with his sound effect board, characters, and "lingo" to get around the FCC and "rules." Genius. I consider them separate from the late-night, paranormal, music, or AM radio hosts but almost a hold over from old time radio but with a "edgy" content.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2016, 11:20:14 PM
I didn't say Nixon was behind it, only that he had inside knowledge of it. Otherwise, why would he be concerned about that whole Bay of pigs thing being exposed in his tape recordings? I'm pretty sure the Bay of Pigs invasion was public knowledge by the time he was president.

Fair enough.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 11:25:43 PM
Never got into Imus, Stern but I think Wolfman was more of the radio for music. Greaseman and Hendrie weren't, really for the music but the talk/humor. Hendrie was/is a master and what a great idea! Fake guests to outrage callers and the Grease with his sound effect board, characters, and "lingo" to get around the FCC and "rules." Genius. I consider them separate from the late-night, paranormal, music, or AM radio hosts but almost a hold over from old time radio but with a "edgy" content.

Thanks for putting me on to the website.  I can remember listening to the Grease while driving to work on I95 every morning.  Helped me cope with the traffic.

albrecht

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 10, 2016, 11:22:33 PM
Yeah, it many ways it's gotten better, but don't let it fool you. It's still an unsafe shithole that just happens to have landed around a lot of really nice stuff.

You're talking about the bridge tax. Leave it to politicians to find any and every way they can to tax the hell out of everyone. They try to get people to commute with public transportation but then charge an arm and a leg to park in the park n ride. From what I heard from my DC friends, it ends up costing them the same as if they drove into the District and paid to park. Then there's the totally effed Metro that never works.

I love DC but I also hate it. Really hate it.

The FBI building is a fun tour.
I haven't been back in a few years and even then was in Potomac and just went in for some drinks at the Willard and a few museums. That new African-American museum, from what I've seen on the news, is an abomination for the "look" of the town. I'm not saying about the content but the architecture. Will be interesting to see what Trump will do with the Old Post Office (if that is still on? Considering the campaign?) A cool building that was cool with great views, in disrepair, was good again, and then failed and, I hear, his company got the contract to fix it up again? The Nationals development really helped that area also. (Though some questionable dealings I hear and the homosexual etc community didn't like it?) I don't know. So many people I know who still work there, all sides of political spectrum, make $$$ off the government I don't see how no matter who wins it can be stopped. Even if a supposed "disruptor" like Trump elected. Believe me, the folks I know working in VA at "contractors" or folks in lawfirms and K-Street are still making $$$ under the 'no war' Obama. It is a cesspool of graft but, still, great city for the architecture, museums, events at embassies, etc.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 10, 2016, 11:33:59 PM
Thanks for putting me on to the website.  I can remember listening to the Grease while driving to work on I95 every morning.  Helped me cope with the traffic.
You are welcome and as an internet radio guy here says, not me (!), spread it around like wild-fire. The Grease needs recognition for his great stuff! BTW you recall some "issue" with the beltway contractors who made some bad measurements, or something, with slope/angle of it and had to be redone for more money? I'm vague but recall something about that. Like "banked" some sections too much or something.

Value Of Pi

Greaseman is/was a great talent, very funny guy. It's too bad that he couldn't recover from his final firing and find a way back to radio. You could say that his style of humor wouldn't work today but I think he might have been clever enough to adapt it to today's sensitivities. Don't ask me how, other than the Don Rickles approach of explaining to audiences that he's just a comedian.

Fuck! I95... I DON'T miss that.

My favorite radio station of all time was WGTB FM from Georgetown University. They rose the bar to the sky for me and I always used it as a model for any radio work that I've done. Nothing ever came close after that. Some of their talk shows were pretty extreme yet very informative. I remember hearing about the Silkwood case well before the movie. Some great interviews too with some musicians that almost no one else could get interviews with such as David Bowie and Lou Reed. The Talking Heads were in their studio playing their basement tapes for their debut album before it was pressed into vinyl. They mostly aired music though which was why I listened. So many different types but mostly the types that I preferred. Few other stations did so. Then one day, the plug was pulled. January 31, 1981. A very sad day. Since then, they came back on the air but only at a very low wattage and with some of the worst DJs that I've ever heard playing crappy music. I so miss the original station.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2016, 06:26:09 PM
Yeah, and then he worked with his boys to have Kennedy offed, which is why he had to erase those tapes because he didn't want that whole Bay of Pigs thing coming out. Not prosecuting him has set our justice system back years, to the point where we're on the verge of abandoning it entirely for something more...big brotherish.  ;)

What tapes are you talking about?

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2016, 11:36:21 PM
I haven't been back in a few years and even then was in Potomac and just went in for some drinks at the Willard and a few museums. That new African-American museum, from what I've seen on the news, is an abomination for the "look" of the town. I'm not saying about the content but the architecture. Will be interesting to see what Trump will do with the Old Post Office (if that is still on? Considering the campaign?) A cool building that was cool with great views, in disrepair, was good again, and then failed and, I hear, his company got the contract to fix it up again? The Nationals development really helped that area also. (Though some questionable dealings I hear and the homosexual etc community didn't like it?) I don't know. So many people I know who still work there, all sides of political spectrum, make $$$ off the government I don't see how no matter who wins it can be stopped. Even if a supposed "disruptor" like Trump elected. Believe me, the folks I know working in VA at "contractors" or folks in lawfirms and K-Street are still making $$$ under the 'no war' Obama. It is a cesspool of graft but, still, great city for the architecture, museums, events at embassies, etc.

The Old Post Office building/Trump hotel was on the news the other day. Could only see the front. Looked rather blah. He had to do a whole lot of restructuring inside to turn it into a hotel. At least, from what I remember it looking like from the inside. For DC's sake, I hope it works out. It's in an iffy neighborhood.

No matter how badly the country suffers, those with decent jobs in DC will always do well enough, and then some. The beast feeds itself first and lives to tend to itself.