• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 01:23:34 PM
Looks more like the Yorkshire "Pride" flag, if you get my drift, Stephanie.

Of course Yorkshire folk are proud of being from Yorkshire Veronica, the rest wish they were.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 01:33:36 PM
Of course Yorkshire folk are proud of being from Yorkshire Veronica, the rest wish they were.

I suppose that pride starts with your um...cuisine.  This came up when I Googled "Yorkshire Pride." It looks like a slice of baked colon with a side of veggies that had every last speck of nutrition and flavor boiled out of them. Now I know why Yorkshire themed restaurants have never caught on here.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 01:44:47 PM
I suppose that pride starts with your um...cuisine.  This came up when I Googled "Yorkshire Pride." It looks like a slice of baked colon with a side of veggies that had every last speck of nutrition and flavor boiled out of them. Now I know why Yorkshire themed restaurants have never caught on here.

And you eat Mexican 'food'?

Just sayin  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 01:46:50 PM
And you eat Mexican 'food'?

Just sayin  ;D

Con mucho gusto, pendejo! There's a lot to be said for food that actually has a taste and some kick to it.  You lot can't handle it because your tummies aren't accustomed to spices and seasonings.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 01:44:47 PM

Goodness, where is the meat?  There appear to be three different starches, four if you include the pudding.  Does the lord get the roast while the peasants make do with drippings?

TigerLily

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 12:44:35 PM
I like to think it would be an upgrade, rather than just a modern-day designer conspiracy meme based on selling fear (which is probably what this all is), but it could instead be an 'update' - like windows 8 was an update but not necessarily an upgrade.

and no, that weekend fucking sucked.

I'm sorry I made light of your pain. Maybe they will fire up a special CERN run and give you a reboot.
May all your future memories be happy ones

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 01:51:21 PM
Con mucho gusto, pendejo! There's a lot to be said for food that actually has a taste and some kick to it.  You lot can't handle it because your tummies aren't accustomed to spices and seasonings.

I'm just averse to something that looks like vomit before it's thrown back up..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 31, 2016, 01:54:43 PM
Goodness, where is the meat?  There appear to be three different starches, four if you include the pudding.  Does the lord get the roast while the peasants make do with drippings?

The roast beef is under the Yorkshire Pudding.. Invented and traditionally served before, as a starter so the guests would fill up on it and go easy on the beef.

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 01:57:38 PM
The roast beef is under the Yorkshire Pudding.. Invented and traditionally served before, as a starter so the guests would fill up on it and go easy on the beef.
I'm not sure if that is genius or just being cheap.  I guess it's both.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 01:57:38 PM

Haha reminds me of the old joke

Waiter:  How did you find your steak, sir?
Diner:  It was easy.  I lifted up one of the Brussels sprouts, and there it was.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 01:54:54 PM
I'm just averse to something that looks like vomit before it's thrown back up..

I know what you mean, amigo.  :D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 02:08:41 PM
Not guilty, That's SV's staple diet.

Not true. SV eats nothing but the raw livers of the hobos he traps and kills and washes them down with the tears of orphans.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 02:07:00 PM
I know what you mean, amigo.  :D

I love the British habit of tossing a small sausage-looking thing or two on the plate, almost as an afterthought.  "I know the dinner was a disappointment, perhaps this bit of offal will cheer you up"

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 31, 2016, 02:13:30 PM
I love the British habit of tossing a small sausage-looking thing or two on the plate, almost as an afterthought.  "I know the dinner was a disappointment, perhaps this bit of offal will cheer you up"

"Small sausage-looking thing or two" is an apt description, K! They're the meat equivalent of "cheese food." 

"The dinner was terrible, and the portions were skimpy, too."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Empress on August 31, 2016, 02:16:02 PM
Still waiting on that story

Why is it that women have memories that shame elephants?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 02:17:59 PM
"Small sausage-looking thing or two" is an apt description, K! They're the meat equivalent of "cheese food." 

"The dinner was terrible, and the portions were skimpy, too."

Yeah? You didn't HAVE to come to dinner, just cos I invited you.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 02:21:02 PM
Why is it that women have memories that shame elephants?

You teased it last night!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 31, 2016, 02:11:54 PM
Not true. SV eats nothing but the raw livers of the hobos he traps and kills and washes them down with the tears of orphans.

He told you that? Jeeeze..its along the same bollox he trots out by casually dropping his car keys on the bar with the Ferrari fob to try and impress whichever airhead his perched on the bar stool next to him. He tell you how he had to make his excuses when the last doe eyed pillow sharer had a deep voice and larger hands than he was promised?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Empress on August 31, 2016, 02:22:06 PM
You teased it last night!

I've forgotten what I had for supper tonight. Dammit.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:29:23 PM
That's a little scary. The whole ME thing is unsettling. Not "remembering" your past correctly is like being on shaky ground.
It can be, till you remember thought is not linear nor is it a single dimension.  Neither is reality.   Remember.  Form follows thought.  When there is a decision to make and you chose a path, there is a new reality for the path you didn't take and a new you who takes it.  It's not rocket science. ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 31, 2016, 02:00:45 PM
Haha reminds me of the old joke

Waiter:  How did you find your steak, sir?
Diner:  It was easy.  I lifted up one of the Brussels sprouts, and there it was.
LOL!  ;D ;D ;D

Lilith

MV and Aldous and gang are talking about the Leo Ashcraft event.  Oh the memories.

Oh my, Heather aka (Redacted) appears to 'clear' the air...

It didn't go so well for her when she appeared and attempted
to do the same vs bateman.

"Art didn't twist anything" -Heather Wade

Lilith

Quote from: rekcuf on August 31, 2016, 04:16:03 PM

JUST as I had suspected, I am not listening alone.

Praise MV!

It's wonderful to have these histories archived, and played for us randomly 24/7!

LOL! TigerLilly concerned about Art's stress level.

bateman

Quote from: rekcuf on August 31, 2016, 04:16:03 PM

Mentally unstable liars don't seem to like being called out, who knew?

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2016, 04:23:57 PM
JUST as I had suspected, I am not listening alone.

Praise MV!

It's wonderful to have these histories archived, and played for us randomly 24/7!

I feel cheated after last night.  :-\