• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Change of Display Name

Started by Zoxo, October 12, 2013, 05:10:08 PM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup on November 14, 2016, 09:20:05 PM
Welcome to not so subliminal advertising.

Now eat yer soup and eat yer sandwiches!

Sorry, did you say something? *munch munch*

theONE

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 09:24:07 PM

He might go away if you ignored his existence.

keep dreaming you cat urine saturated woman , LOL

Jackstar

Quote from: theONE on November 14, 2016, 09:25:53 PM
you cat urine saturated woman

First, you had my curiosity, but now, you have my attention.

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 09:24:07 PM
He might go away if you ignored his existence.

R.O.U.S.es? I don't think they really exist.

Quote from: theONE on November 14, 2016, 08:56:47 PM
Thank you new poster, post often ;D

I came in a little late over there, quite a few posters on the Original George Noory Sucks Thread referred to MV as VanderWeasel.  I never understood why. 

MV, what is the story behind that, I gots to know.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: norland2424 on November 14, 2016, 07:59:48 PM
people actually thought that hillary was wasting money on bellgab to convert you lol

it would have been money well spent.  could have changed the election for her.  bellgab is a force to be reckoned with.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 14, 2016, 08:14:58 PM
Well, since you asked..  The only thing about it is there will be loss of continuity with posters whose names you know and have conversations with - when folks just change names with no trace, people will wonder where they went and often won't recognize them with the new name - I'm not sure what the benefit is.

there's not necessarily any benefit at all, and benefit isn't necessarily the idea behind every decision.  it just seemed to me that since some people are going to want to change their display names, why attempt to stop them or make them announce the change?  they can just as easily create a new bellgab account which has the same net effect as changing a display name, so i can't see a reason to restrict it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Bartholomew Domergue Domerick Barnstormer Zeus on November 14, 2016, 08:38:36 PM
it worked out so well when you listened to the likes of "bottomfeedersareus" though

i remember that name, but have no clue what the story was.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: mv on November 15, 2016, 01:00:29 AM
i remember that name, but have no clue what the story was.

Thats it! I'm going to make my own forum. I hope Mystic Stars isn't taken.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 14, 2016, 10:11:48 PM
I came in a little late over there, quite a few posters on the Original George Noory Sucks Thread referred to MV as VanderWeasel.  I never understood why. 

MV, what is the story behind that, I gots to know.

I think it was started by some woman who went by SpikeGirl.  She disagreed with me on a political opinion I rendered, and she stormed off in a huff because of it... never to post with that username again.  Such a bigot.  Don't remember what the issue was.  She then went to GLP to vent about me over the whole thing.  Who knows what she actually was broken up about.  I can't begin to remember.  I've seen so many grievances over the years.  You get numb to it, really.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 15, 2016, 01:06:33 AM

heh heh

Roswells, Art

Quote from: mv on November 15, 2016, 01:10:35 AM
I think it was started by some woman who went by SpikeGirl.  She disagreed with me on a political opinion I rendered, and she stormed off in a huff because of it... never to post with that username again.  Such a bigot.  Don't remember what the issue was.  She then went to GLP to vent about me over the whole thing.  Who knows what she actually was broken up about.  I can't begin to remember.  I've seen so many grievances over the years.  You get numb to it, really.

I don't think she was a bigot, she was opinionated though. She was Iraqi/American or something, lived in DC and called you on your show and asked about her iphone.

Quote from: mv on November 15, 2016, 01:10:35 AM

I remember SpikeGirl from GLP. She had a Statue of Liberty type avatar if I remember correctly.  I thought she was pretty cool but it was all about making fun of Jorch back then.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 15, 2016, 01:15:08 AM

I don't think she was a bigot, she was opinionated though. She was Iraqi/American or something, lived in DC and called you on your show and asked about her iphone.

That was Frysgirl.  The last we heard of her, I said something about the Shah of Iran she didn't like, but spelled it Shaw, and she went bonkers.  I sort of felt bad.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 15, 2016, 01:16:03 AM
I remember SpikeGirl from GLP. She had a Statue of Liberty type avatar if I remember correctly.  I thought she was pretty cool but it was all about making fun of Jorch back then.

SpikeGirl once posted a photo of herself, and the shut in basement dwellers never quite recovered. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 15, 2016, 01:24:15 AM
That was Frysgirl.  The last we heard of her, I said something about the Shah of Iran she didn't like, but spelled it Shaw, and she went bonkers.  I sort of felt bad.

You're right. Good memory. I wasn't there, I just read the thread. She really sounded like an authority on that stuff.

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 16, 2012, 06:09:44 PM
Paperboy, nevermind. I just learned that you spelled shah as shaw. Fuck this. I'm out. Have fun with Hannity and Zircon.

Heh heh

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 15, 2016, 01:25:13 AM
SpikeGirl once posted a photo of herself, and the shut in basement dwellers never quite recovered.

I remember flirting with her a bit back then on GLP.  All in fun.  Those were good times. Too bad I missed the picture though.  A hottie, eh?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 15, 2016, 01:28:31 AM
I remember flirting with her a bit back then on GLP.  All in fun.  Those were good times. Too bad I missed the picture though.  A hottie, eh?

Um, yes

Too much neighborly chatting over the fence going on here.

Jackstar

When you're a star, they let you chat with whomever you want, it's incredible.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 15, 2016, 01:06:33 AM

LMFAO    ;)      :)
That cracked me up.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 15, 2016, 01:43:27 AM
LMFAO    ;)      :)
That cracked me up.

I'm glad someone found that funny.

MV/Liberace!

She was a bigot.

MV/Liberace!

and you're talking about Frys_Girl... not Spikegirl.  Frys_Girl and I got along fine.  I miss her.  :(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 15, 2016, 01:24:15 AM

heh heh, yeah, the shaw of iran.  that was it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 15, 2016, 01:25:13 AM

what did she look like?